• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Unstable

What's an othergame? Must be something the kids are into, like an Instagram.

UeZanb.jpg

Re: Weekly Update. Love the stuff about new Patrol mechanics and lots of secrets to uncover. I can see myself spending a lot of time exploring for secrets. I'm imagining party chats with 8 DGAFers shouting and talking over each other, hypothesizing possible solutions.
Large quantities of Folger's will be consumed that day, and not all by Me. (Just mostly by Me)

Also excited for the Twitch stream since I want any head start on secret discovery I can get.

Serious talk. You sure you want to do this? Think about your first VoG and how truely epic it was. A huge reason why we both remember our first VoG's so fondly is because we knew nothing going in. Nobody did. My Fireteam had to piece the puzzle together one mechanic at a time. We formulated strategies in real time. Most strategies failed, but with every failure we learned something, and drew ever closer to success. Finally, after so much effort and pain, victory.

That moment still rings in my memory.

You know the phrase "ignorance is bliss"? It's quite true.

I'm not pursuing any of the Taken King PvE pre-release coverage. I'm choosing to remain willfully ignorant.

lt519

Drizzay was right. I only imagined I'd like Skolas more with the patch. But it definitely is A LOT more enjoyable. It requires coordination, communication and cooperation. It's 100x better played the way it's meant to be played. Thanks again for the run! It was a lot of fun

It's a total blast, my favorite fight in the game by far. If you want to help out with the new guy runs Friday and Saturday I think I'll be looking for a 2nd experienced player. Fortunately most the responses wanted times scattered throughout Friday night and all day Saturday so I can take them mostly one at a time.

I'm not pursuing any of the Taken King PvE pre-release coverage. I'm choosing to remain willfully ignorant.

Best way to experience it. Going into new raids with no clue what to do have been the best moments in Destiny by far.

Fists of Havoc doesnt hold a candle to blade dancer. Sometimes you get lucky and score a huge hit. But one kill is far more common than three.

Ive never once been a Bladedancer, all I know is that when I see a guy light up I just stare at the bottom right of the screen to see how many kills they get. Anything less than 3 or 4 is surprising.

Also, it's a stupid reason to hate, but I really hate how derpy they look while moving. Because they just use the melee to boost forward. So I always imagine an 8 year old just mashing the trigger waiting to be boosted into dudes to kill.

god damn I'm salty

I think kills show up on the bottom left of the screen.

Just sayin.

todd360

UeZanb.jpg

Large quantities of Folger's will be consumed that day, and not all by Me. (Just mostly by Me)

Serious talk. You sure you want to do this? Think about your first VoG and how truely epic it was. A huge reason why we both remember our first VoG's so fondly is because we knew nothing going in. Nobody did. My Fireteam had to piece the puzzle together one mechanic at a time. We formulated strategies in real time. Most strategies failed, but with every failure we learned something, and drew ever closer to success. Finally, after so much effort and pain, victory.

That moment still rings in my memory.

You know the phrase "ignorance is bliss"? It's quite true.

They aren't showing the raid though. They are just gonna screw around on patrol. What you say still rings true, but it shouldn't spoil the raid.

X-Frame

Watching that video on the BWU reminded me of how OP blink really is in PvP.

People who use blink all the time don't want to hear this, of course. They're going to defend it like anyone would whose been given a magic bullet to get them out of trouble and instantly get in your face with a shotgun.

But, it's broken. In the hands of someone really skilled, there's no way to counter it - and even if there is, it puts you on a purely defensive footing. Get a team of 3 in trials and they just rack up the kills and blade dance all over your face.

I can't recall Bungie doing anything to nerf actual character abilities (I could be wrong, my memory isn't that great) but I can't imagine them doing it. Messing with weapons, which you can choose to use or not is one thing - but I'd be very surprised if after all this time with blink, they decided to change it at all.

I know this sounds like a complaint. It's not - at all. But balance seems to be the reason that Bungie does some things I will never understand. Prime example - allowing warlocks to fistfight with Titans and get an overshield just for throwing a punch.

This gives them a fighting chance of not being flattened (after all, someone wearing a bathrobe shouldn't beat someone wearing a refrigerator in a fistfight). Maybe my titans just suck at melee, but I lose more fistfights with warlocks than I win for this reason.

There's no balanced response to blink when it's used with a shotgun. Good blinkers win that fight pretty much every time. And it makes the battles boring.

I can't remember Bungie tweaking or balancing ANY character ability since launch. Am I wrong? And if not, does anyone else find that odd? I don't understand how they never felt the need to offer some tweaks to sub-class abilities for an entire year.

Blink has been so powerful for so long yet the Titan's have a completely worthless "Catapult" jump that doesn't seem to match with it's description at all.

The only situation where I can possibly slightly maybe remember them doing anything to character abilities is if something becomes broken (e.g. the Hunter swarm grenade exploit).

phen0m24

I can't remember Bungie tweaking or balancing ANY character ability since launch. Am I wrong? And if not, does anyone else find that odd? I don't understand how they never felt the need to offer some tweaks to sub-class abilities for an entire year.

Blink has been so powerful for so long yet the Titan's have a completely worthless "Catapult" jump that doesn't seem to match with it's description at all.

The only situation where I can possibly slightly maybe remember them doing anything to character abilities is if something becomes broken (e.g. the Hunter swarm grenade exploit).

Who are you and what have you done with God of War titan man? :p Waves at X

Unstable

They aren't showing the raid though. They are just gonna screw around on patrol. What you say still rings true, but it shouldn't spoil the raid.
They're making it sound like the new patrol area is one big public raid zone with secrets and such. Which is awesome. I want to know more, and that's a sign that should avoid any possible spoilers regarding it.

rc213

They're making it sound like the new patrol area is one big public raid zone with secrets and such. Which is awesome. I want to know more, and that's a sign that should avoid any possible spoilers regarding it.

Give me more like Skywatch where public events, patrols, wolves and all hell breaks loose. Bliss!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Watching that video on the BWU reminded me of how OP blink really is in PvP.

People who use blink all the time don't want to hear this, of course. They're going to defend it like anyone would whose been given a magic bullet to get them out of trouble and instantly get in your face with a shotgun.

But, it's broken. In the hands of someone really skilled, there's no way to counter it - and even if there is, it puts you on a purely defensive footing. Get a team of 3 in trials and they just rack up the kills and blade dance all over your face.

I can't recall Bungie doing anything to nerf actual character abilities (I could be wrong, my memory isn't that great) but I can't imagine them doing it. Messing with weapons, which you can choose to use or not is one thing - but I'd be very surprised if after all this time with blink, they decided to change it at all.

I know this sounds like a complaint. It's not - at all. But balance seems to be the reason that Bungie does some things I will never understand. Prime example - allowing warlocks to fistfight with Titans and get an overshield just for throwing a punch.

This gives them a fighting chance of not being flattened (after all, someone wearing a bathrobe shouldn't beat someone wearing a refrigerator in a fistfight). Maybe my titans just suck at melee, but I lose more fistfights with warlocks than I win for this reason.

There's no balanced response to blink when it's used with a shotgun. Good blinkers win that fight pretty much every time. And it makes the battles boring.

I'm so glad that Blink is in the firing line. I don't know what Bungie plan to inevitably do to it, but anything other than leaving it as-is has to be a good thing.

MrDaravon

Sorry Reign I just saw your message as I was getting off; I just had the game on in the background, I wasn't actually playing for the last 2 hours or so sorry. Should be around all weekend though, I haven't even started on IB yet :(. Still hoping to get VoG hard in at least before the reset. I already did Crota NM x3, I'm only 32 so I'd have to get dragged a bit on Crota Hard so I'm not too worried about that just yet. I actually need Lights from IB, I only had 2 and I used one to max that Vision of Confluence I found >_>.

UGH Fawkin Hell...Went to turn in my IB bounties and just spammed the button as usual. After I turned em all in I noticed the tempered buff was for sale again. SMH the buff I bought this morning ran out during my final match. FML...Wasted all that Rep.

Top Bottom