• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Serious talk. You sure you want to do this? Think about your first VoG and how truely epic it was. A huge reason why we both remember our first VoG's so fondly is because we knew nothing going in. Nobody did. My Fireteam had to piece the puzzle together one mechanic at a time. We formulated strategies in real time. Most strategies failed, but with every failure we learned something, and drew ever closer to success. Finally, after so much effort and pain, victory. .

You make a lot of compelling points here Stabie. To be honest I'm torn about the whole thing. Obviously the raid itself is on total black out but you're right that any Dreadnaught tour would still spoil a lot, and nothing compares to that blind experience. The pre-release stuff is mainly to hype potential customers into buying the product, which doesn't apply to me.

Whenever I resist the urge to follow pre-release info closely, I'm glad I did (e.g. Bloodborne was total black out). And I usually regret when I read and watch every last detail (Dark Souls 2). So that's probably my answer right there.

Those low grim score fiends! Those filthly commoners. How dare they invade the gentleman's sport known as the crucible!

Speaking of. First time for everything I guess, never seen someone finish a Crucible match with 0 points

L35bejb.jpg

Has anyone put up a reforge guide for Rocket & Machine Gun for PVP?

Rockets are easy. Hard Launch or Warhead Verniers + Tripod + Javelin + G&H is indisputable.

MGs have a lot of viable rolls, especially if you're talking BTRD. Really depends on play style and preference. Imo AggBalls + Hidden Hand or Counterbalance + Small Bore or Snapshot + Rangefinder is best roll. I usually play BDancer so I always have Quick Draw already spec'ed. As for other perks:

First Perk

Hip Fire: Good especially when paired with Snapshot since it glitches and still gives bonus accuracy even shortly after ADSing

Hot Swap: Debatable. The accuracy buff is noticeable but it only lasts 5 seconds, requires you to walk around the map without your heavy drawn, and you have to roll and use Quick Draw in the middle column if you aren't playing BDancer.

Spray and Play, Battle Runner, Surplus: Boo-urns

Second Perk

Crowd Control: Many people like it but not my style. It only lasts 5 seconds and I don't feel it ever gives me a kill I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Mainly I don't want to press and play super aggressively in order to make use of this perk while risking my MG ammo. I'd much rather play smart and maintain map control.

Army of One, Grenadier: Nothing special but do give tangible and useful benefits unlike the following perks.

Rodeo: I don't know what it does, if anything. Counter Balance clearly removes the left/right recoil movement which is great for hitting your shots. Rodeo sounds nice but doesn't seem to match its description.

Feeding Frenzy, Persistence: Boo-urns

Anastasis

From this week's update:

As well as being a focal point for the story campaign in The Taken King, the Dreadnaught will also be a centerpiece of The Taken War, a progression that extends well beyond the traditional storyline. It will also provide new ground to explore and Patrol. In that regard, like The Taken King itself, it represents a big leap forward.

From last week's update:

We’re holding back a number of armament categories for you to discover for yourself as the Taken War escalates.

This progression of the Taken War sounds amazing. Hype!

Have we received any additional info about it?

What class are you playing? A Defender with a Saint helm blind bubble or Striker with flash bang grenades is ideal. Any shotgun with arc damage is great, especially Found Verdict. Arc Machine Guns are also very good, like Song of Ir Yut and Thunderlord.

The easiest way is to have one or two friends join your fire team and help. Or get lucky and have some skilled randoms in the same Skywatch instance as you. It's also much easier if the "Defend Warsat" public event spawns instead of the "enemies are moving against each other."

Top Bottom