• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
I haven;'t done a daily in maybe 6 months. Its not worth it.
20 Vanguard Marks, 16 planetary mats, 7500 XP, some rep, guaranteed engram, plus usually tying in nicely with the Vanguard bounties? I never do them but only because I've been hoarding stuff since launch.

Given the effort/time required though it's easily the most generous and rewarding activity in the game.

I have one of those shadows with full auto, some stability perk, and hidden hand. Haven't used it much in crucible.

EDIT: about to run 3x nightfall. Feel free to join.

What's the ideal roll for it?

First perk: Full auto is a must here. It's like shot package on a shotgun, required.

Middle column: Smallbore or Braced Frame, anything that increases Stability is key. Hand Laid Stock isn't as good since you lose a fair bit of range which you want for that style of gun. Right now I'm thinking Small Bore might be best.

Last perk: For PvP, either Hidden Hand or Third Eye. You can also get Outlaw here which is decent or Spray and Pray which is kinda meh.

Right now my perfect roll would be Full Auto, Small Bore, and Hidden Hand. Not sure what sight would be best or if they are even very important. I always like scout sights with fast handling and target acquisition, like a Sureshot IS kind of thing.

I have one of those shadows with full auto, some stability perk, and hidden hand. Haven't used it much in crucible.

EDIT: about to run 3x nightfall. Feel free to join.

Give it to me! Kappa

But seriously try it out on a larger map like Shores.

GhaleonEB

The thing is, it can tie you into looking like a clown. My best setup right now would be for my Hunter:

ToO helm
Vanguard vendor gauntlets
PoE chest
CE boots

This gives me amazingly good int/dis with a but of strength, Hand Cannon speed reload, extra ammo for HCs, snipers and heavy weapons. It's my most functional setup.

But it looks completely stupid. Even though my stats are worse, I roll with a full ToO set (I always keep my HC reload gauntlets tho).

Transmog would let me take the stuff I own and combine form & function into a build that's both good looking and well loaded.
It can work out that way. My Hunter is kind of styling right now, but the Titan is a walking junk pile, thanks to the PoE stuff he got from Variks.

On the long list of things we'd like to see added to the game, I just put cosmetic stuff like that really far down. While I do care about how my builds look, there's just so much else I'd rather Bungie focus on at this point.

And part of me doesn't like the idea of transmogrification. I like the idea of a piece of gear, being that piece of gear; shaders should tie them together (which doesn't always work). What I would like to see selectable perks ala the ones we have with weapons - a stack of three possible perks and we can adjust them depending on the situation or preference. I ditch so much stuff because it lets me carry more ammo for a weapon type I don't use on a given class.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Lol you watching WYL's stream? With full auto he says it reminds him of old school Suros, almost the same crit hit marker (43 vs 45). Apparently he hates hand cannons...

Can't watch now, but what other perks is he using with it?

EDIT: see you answered it, didn't refresh

LTWood12

First perk: Full auto is a must here. It's like shot package on a shotgun, required.

Middle column: Smallbore or Braced Frame, anything that increases Stability is key. Hand Laid Stock isn't as good since you lose a fair bit of range which you want for that style of gun. Right now I'm thinking Small Bore might be best.

Last perk: For PvP, either Hidden Hand or Third Eye. You can also get Outlaw here which is decent or Spray and Pray which is kinda meh.

Right now my perfect roll would be Full Auto, Small Bore, and Hidden Hand. Not sure what sight would be best or if they are even very important. I always like scout sights with fast handling and target acquisition, like a Sureshot IS kind of thing.

Thanks. Adding this to my files.

I got this roll. it's fun for killing trash mobs but I'm guessing it's useless for PVP

Untitled_zpsfsuber5i.png

Owensboro

VoG roster is ready! If y'all are ready to go we can just start inviting. Traffic was nice and steady today.

1. OwensboroEsq
2. EroticSushi
3. P44
4. TheWorthyEdge
5. Blackprophecy
6. Sengar

P44, what's your PSN ID? Shoot me a FR: OwensboroEsq

Trakan

Braced frame gives a lot more stability than smallbore, important to keep in mind.

Red dot sights give more stability than fastdraw/truesights also.

P44

VoG roster is ready! If y'all are ready to go we can just start inviting. Traffic was nice and steady today.

1. OwensboroEsq
2. EroticSushi
3. P44
4. TheWorthyEdge
5. Blackprophecy
6. Sengar

P44, what's your PSN ID? Shoot me a FR: OwensboroEsq

Sent!

noomi

I see you are all talking about scout rifles now, how about the dead shot Luna? You can buy it from the dead orbit vendor and reroll it as you please. Plus it looks really cool.

How does one get a NL Shadow?

From crucible I believe.

Braced frame gives a lot more stability than smallbore, important to keep in mind.

Red dot sights give more stability than fastdraw/truesights also.

Braced frame also doesn't make you lose any range which is nice :)

Braced Frame > Hand Laid Stock > Small Bore

ocean

Banned
Combined Arms has gone from garbage tier to my favorite mode. It's a welcome respite from Thorn and TLW.

I hadn't played Bastion in probably 6 months until tonight. Not gonna lie, felt like it was a TTK map I was just discovering :p

We should start a CA train and embrace long zoom scopes.

Top Bottom