• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I still remember posting for the first time here on DGAF back in February, and about a week later I got my very first Thunderlord and Gjallarhorn on the same day. It's that DGAF Luck ;)

LTWood12

Ermagerd I made it into an OT. I'm famous now ୧( ⁼̴̶̤̀ω⁼̴̶̤́ )૭

I'm so mad that I didn't save the clip of us beating the Templar after he enraged. Seriously though, if it hadn't been for you, I probably would have quit playing the game around that time. You were the perfect teacher, and it made our first raid experience so fun, even with all the wipes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If they ever add transmog, Im done with the game.
Like...
what?
why?

I don't think I've ever been this puzzled by a sentiment in gaming!

You shouldn't be able to disguise Exotics, but that's the only restriction needed that I can think of.

Why wouldn't you see it as a positive for those who care about aesthetics... let alone not want it to be added? Let alone being done with the game because of it?

Namikaze1

Since we're feeling nostalgic, I'd be interested to know what the oldest legendary/exotic piece of gear everyone still has in your inventory? Mine is the Patience & Time I bought from Xur the first time he sold it
Oldest Exotic I have is Hawkmoon followed by Monte Carlo, Invective and Gjallarhorn. Got all four within the first two weeks of Destiny. Hawkmoon dropped 3 days after launch. Gjallarhorn dropped 3-4 days before Xur sold it for the first and last time.

noomi

I wish I knew what my oldest exotic/legendary was :(

We need item time & date stamps....

I know I've had the thorn for a really long time though.

2spooky

HnJs6mL.gif

LTWood12

Oldest Exotic I have is Hawkmoon followed by Monte Carlo, Invective and Gjallarhorn. Got all four within the first two weeks of Destiny. Hawkmoon dropped 3 days after launch. Gjallarhorn dropped 3-4 days before Xur sold it for the first and last time.

3 days after launch? Holy hell. Do you remember from what activity?

ocean

Banned
Since we're feeling nostalgic, I'd be interested to know what the oldest legendary/exotic piece of gear everyone still has in your inventory? Mine is the Patience & Time I bought from Xur the first time he sold it (pic via destiny.wikia)

Helm of Inmost Light - Xûr week 2. I chose it over Gjallarhorn because I was an idiot.
Invective - at the time felt like the most OP thing ever made.

Got both the same day as my first Exotics, shortly followed by the MIDA Multi-Tool. That Inmost Light + Invective setup was what I first walked into the VoG with :p

Gjallarhorn was sold only 2 weeks after launch so by then a few people had gotten lucky from that famous cave..

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just rerolled my NL Shadow with Full Auto, Hidden Hand and Braced Frame. Lens are Focus FLS2, Ranged RLS3 and Fastdraw IS. Keeper?

Trakan

I wish I knew what my oldest exotic/legendary was :(

We need item time & date stamps....

I know I've had the thorn for a really long time though.

My first one was a Shadow Price from a loot cave engram and a Supremacy from Queen's Wrath after that.

Well the OT was updated a little bit. And we've also updated the grimoire to include a bit of what some of the members of the community thought was one of their most memorable moment of DGAF/Destiny. Funny how each person responded differently which makes these answers great.

GrimoireOT.png

Looks awesome Lnkn, can't wait to see the cards for other DGAFers, there are so many :)

Since we're feeling nostalgic, I'd be interested to know what the oldest legendary/exotic piece of gear everyone still has in your inventory? Mine is the Patience & Time I bought from Xur the first time he sold it [/IMG]

Mine was S U R O S R E G I M E. My best weapon for VoG at the time, wrecked in crucible with it (till Xur sold it and everyone had it). So sad the poor thing has been lying in the vault for so long.

Shito

HM05 is getting bored again: Destiny Ironman 1 to 34 solo only

Since we're feeling nostalgic, I'd be interested to know what the oldest legendary/exotic piece of gear everyone still has in your inventory? Mine is the Patience & Time I bought from Xur the first time he sold it (pic via destiny.wikia)
My oldest exotic is my hunter's Ice Breaker, that I bought at Xur the first time he sold it.
I was short 6 coins, posted on GAF how it would be hard for me to get them as I was still pretty low level, and in a matter of hours I was getting carried by two gaffers through the nightfall, as I was 3 levels below, to get me 9 coins and a happy grin all week-end long.
It was Archon Priest, the same one that got me my first Horn months later...

That OT grimoire thing is awesome, by the way.

Monte Carlo was my favorite weapon for the longest of time, it was also my very first exotic as well. 1) Monte Carlo, 2) Truth, and 3) S U R O S R E G I M E :p

And you were part of one of my many best moments. That first trip to Mercury I pretty much stared at your ass for 7 or 8 matches in a row.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that! I just remember drinking a little too much on Memorial Day weekend. Dat booty doh.

250px-PatienceandTime.png

Mine is my helm of inmost light. Bought it from Xur when he sold it first (I remember thinking, oh man 13 coins is so expensive!!) but it got me to 29 and I was a happy clam c:

I'm so mad that I didn't save the clip of us beating the Templar after he enraged. Seriously though, if it hadn't been for you, I probably would have quit playing the game around that time. You were the perfect teacher, and it made our first raid experience so fun, even with all the wipes.

Haha thanks man, really appreciate it. That was a fun raid! That templar enrage was so, so good!

GutZ31

My first exotic was Ice Breaker, and it was from my first raid from the Gorgons chest.

For those of you who didn't get to use it before they nerfed it, it was a monster at 6 seconds per bullet regen.
Now, its 8 seconds... :(

250px-PatienceandTime.png

Mines is probably my 'The Supremecy'. It was the first Legendary i ever got. I've even ascended it :p

Mindlog

Don't buy it. Not worth using your lone exotic on a heavy.

I've finally been able to confirm it.
Gjallarhorn was my first exotic. I know this because Xur sold it the week after it came to me. Suros was my second exotic because the same thing happened.

Namikaze1

Legendary Engram for Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and Gjallarhorn.

Hawkmoon's dropped in Buried City. I was trying to finish the campaign on my second character after getting her to 20 with bounties and crucible at the time.

Monte Carlos's dropped from a Vex Goblin during Nexus Mind.

Gjallarhorn's dropped while fucking around in Mars patrol looking for the last of the Gold Chests.

This was back when legendary engrams gave you blue items.

zewone

My first exotic was Monte Carlo dropped by Atheon in the 2nd week of release.

My first legendary was a FINAL BOSS that I still have. Got it farming in Venus the first week.

Arrrammis

Combined Arms has gone from garbage tier to my favorite mode. It's a welcome respite from Thorn and TLW.

I hadn't played Bastion in probably 6 months until tonight. Not gonna lie, felt like it was a TTK map I was just discovering :p

We should start a CA train and embrace long zoom scopes.
Same here, finally found a place where I can use my scholar and just laugh at people trying to snipe with hand cannon like they can on the other maps. I wish that Bungie would put the big maps back in the control playlist and have the no vehicles version be a rotating playlist instead, since they are only allowing a few modes to be available at a time.

nOoblet16

First exotic ever was Truth, first exotic armour piece ever was radiant dance machine...which I sharded to upgrade something else. lol

First exotic was Gjallarhorn from Xur.
Playing until I hit lvl 18 on launch day then left to go on vacation came back on the week Xur was selling the Horn. Bought it because it looked cool :D

noomi

Helm of Inmost Light - Xûr week 2. I chose it over Gjallarhorn because I was an idiot.
Invective - at the time felt like the most OP thing ever made.

Got both the same day as my first Exotics, shortly followed by the MIDA Multi-Tool. That Inmost Light + Invective setup was what I first walked into the VoG with :p

Gjallarhorn was sold only 2 weeks after launch so by then a few people had gotten lucky from that famous cave..

I did the same man, decided to skip the ghorn because I only had enough coins for one item and I figured whatever gets me to a higher level was the better option.... Many many many months later the ghorn dropped from atheon.

First legendary: bad seed down.

First exotic: hawkmoon (from a gorgon chest), almost broke it down because I wanted ascendant shards. That was almost a huge mistake.

First exotic armor: lucky raspberry. I still don't use it.

LTWood12

My first exotic was Ice Breaker, and it was from my first raid from the Gorgons chest.

For those of you who didn't get to use it before they nerfed it, it was a monster at 6 seconds per bullet regen.
Now, its 8 seconds... :(

I wasnt able to buy it the first time, and for all the months after I was so salty. Saw it drop so many times for people in my fireteam, but never for me. Back in January I checked xur one Friday morning and it was there. It was like 6am and I texted T-44 (he didn't have it either). We lost our shit with joy.

Legendary Engram for Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and Gjallarhorn.

Hawkmoon's dropped in Buried City. I was trying to finish the campaign on my second character after getting her to 20 with bounties and crucible at the time.

Monte Carlos's dropped from a Vex Goblin during Nexus Mind.

Gjallarhorn's dropped while fucking around in Mars patrol looking for the last of the Gold Chests.

This was back when legendary engrams gave you blue items.

That is some mythic rng love.

Namikaze1

Can we please talk about something else.
Stupid stupid stupid! You had the coins!
It's okay, Todd. A lot of people had the coins and bought Sunbreakers that week. If only they knew Xur would sell that several times till TDB launched.

---------------------------------

Raise your hand if you bought Sunbreakers over Gjallarhorn that week. I know some of you did. Raise them up high!

Deku Tree

Can we please talk about something else.
Stupid stupid stupid! You had the coins!

Maybe you should play on Xbox, it worked for Narmer.

I was like level 9 or something during week 2 and I was staying out of the OT so I didn't even know about Xur BTW.

todd360

I was like level 9 or something during week 2 and I was staying out of the OT so I didn't even know about Xur BTW.

I'm not spending hundreds of doll hairs and hours of my time to get a gun that I don't even need. I've gotten by without one.

LTWood12

That was pretty much me. I was probably just hanging out at the loot cave. Praying for some more blue gear to hit level 22.

It's okay, Todd. A lot of people had the coins and bought Sunbreakers that week. If only they knew Xur would sell that several times till TDB launched.

---------------------------------

Raise your hand if you bought Sunbreakers over Gjallarhorn that week. I know some of you did. Raise them up high!

Uhhhh.....

Fucking breaker of my heart nvm the sun.

*snip*
Since we're feeling nostalgic, I'd be interested to know what the oldest legendary/exotic piece of gear everyone still has in your inventory? Mine is the Patience & Time I bought from Xur the first time he sold it
I think my first exotic (i had to buy it) was Lucky Raspberry. I wanted it because I wanted to up the ammo for the Vex, which I didn't even have at the time.
My first exotic drop was a Crest of Alpha Lupi for a titan... and at the time, i didn't even have a titan...

seems to be a recurring theme there....

Deku Tree

I'm not spending hundreds of doll hairs and hours of my time to get a gun that I don't even need. I've gotten by without one.

Haha I was joking Todd.

But how much of this do you do each week?

gorgons 3x
Atheon 3x
NM DS + Crota 3x
HM Crota 3x
NF 3x
Mercury 3x

That's a lot of exotic chances and you don't even need to do PoE at all.

Dave_6

My first exotic was the Hawkmoon, got it exactly one week after the game released lol. Decrypted from an engram IIRC.

Top Bottom