• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Frenden

Banned
I ascended Hard Light and took it into IB for a few rounds. It's so much fun to use and actually not bad in close/mid range. Plus, there's the added joy of knowing Hard Light is showing up on the kill screen of each dirty Thorn user you kill....

I was using it yesterday too. The lower impact tier ARs got hit less hard by the nerf stick IIRC which is why it's more viable than Suros is now. It's fun as hell. I hope it occupies a similar role, if not TTK, as TLW after the balance changes. Cose to midrange murderer.

Frenden

Banned
Ice Breaker. :/

My problem is I like to switch from gun to gun often and dont do enough bounties to make any progress at leveling them.

Did you fill in all the bubbles or just level it with green rings fully? You have to fill everything in and spend the materials in full too.

PatDH

First match of Ironing Bananas for the night and it takes me to a game in progress. "Oh, great!" I'm thinking to myself. Turns out I got put on the winning team and they held the lead to the end!
That's a first for me lol.

Juraash

Hey guys I'm just coming back to this game after months of being away. The last time I played was when VoG was newish and I cleared that only 1 or 3 times. So I know lots has changed and I had a few questions.

I remember heroic strikes getting forced matchmaking so they could no longer be solo'd. That's still a thing I assume?

I know you can now ascend weapons and armor to be max stats. Is it more efficient to get these materials and upgrade current gear or simply earn marks and buy new upgrades?

I used to occasionally enjoy doing silver chests runs while doing bounties or patrol missions. Did they ever swing the nerfbat on these so they stop dropping emgrams and the other occasional rare item?

Also I seem to recall that you could trade materials like helium for marks and rep. I read that this was removed. Is there any...replacement system or have the simply removed that altogether?

Any major changes to class balance or effectiveness? Things drastic enough to change builds entirely is mostly what I mean.

Is there still a decent GAF presence? I remember we had a couple dozen clans when the game started to accommodate everyone. I have to imagine the population has shrunk.

I ascended Hard Light and took it into IB for a few rounds. It's so much fun to use and actually not bad in close/mid range. Plus, there's the added joy of knowing Hard Light is showing up on the kill screen of each dirty Thorn user you kill....

Starting to see more hard lights being used in PvP. I took mine out to level it (had one levelled but must have accidentally deleted it) and it was a blast to use.

Bungie IS buffing it in the 2.0 weapon balance update so it just might be a contender. We will see!

rc213

Can anyone host gorgon CP in the next few minutes? Thanks!

I got hard Gorgons be up in a sec all are welcomed!

Will be looking to board an Iron Banana train soon.

I've got a Hopscotch, Last Word, Thorn and Hawkmoon and so far The Last Word is winning the battle.

While i was doing IB i couldnt help but notice so many Thorn users all i could think was "really...gonna be a try hard in IB and not have fun using all these cool weapons in our vaults" for shame man for shame.

Also anyone else having issues logging in after a long "connecting" screen then error could not connect etc?

Poopsocking weekend. I will be locked at home leaving only at night to throw the trash, so O will have time to do stuff. I am missing normal Crota's End. As far as I know, it should be easier than VoG, with less puzzles and more enemies. More or less I have read here about handling Crota. Just hoping there are no jumping puzzles and less oracles and Relics.

chur

Welcome back.

The weekly heroic strikes still have forced matchmaking.

It's more efficient to just buy new vendor gear but they won't be at the max light level. 3 legendaries armor pieces and an exotic will get you to level 32. To get to 34 you can either do Prison of Elders or Trials of Osiris to get Etheric light which will ascend your legendary gear to Max stats.

The silver chests seem like they're more abundant. Getting planetary materials is much faster now and you can trade in 5 marks for 20 of each planetary material in case you don't feel like doing patrol for them.

No class changes so far.

Most of those clans died off within the first couple months but there is still a big gaf presence.

Cade

Good games guys! Quite a run. Sorry about that heavy ammo mishap ZW, thought you guys were at the other one, haha. Rank 3 now though!

Had a number of good IB trains today. My hunter is rank 5 now and I think my Titan is 3ish. I played extremely inconsistently today for whatever reason. My k/d fluctuated between 3.5 and .5 it was very annoying.

Just founf out that today is a bank holiday after seeing the office closed. I'm standing on a train station soaking while in high heels and fully dressed... God damn it. This has not happened since High School. I've been for years used to work by a custom calendar and now this.

Feeling fucking stupid. I can either go play Destiny or work out during the morning. I should be in bed...

coy

I had NAT issues with Frenden then Ras and Ich so I think it's telling me something. Gonna have that near midnight dinner again. Another fun night with DGAF!

Just founf out that today is a bank holiday after seeing the office closed. I'm standing on a train station soaking while in high heels and fully dressed... God damn it. This has not happened since High School. I've been for years used to work by a custom calendar and now this.

Feeling fucking stupid. I can either go play Destiny or work out during the morning. I should be in bed...

D:

But on the other hand it's a bank holiday so you can go back to sleep! Right? I think that's how being a grown-up works.......

ocean

Banned
:D

Who was popping those defender bubbles everywhere? I popped my bladedancer and ran in only to get punched to death inside ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
Never Bladedance inside a bubble. They'll be expecting you and they have the upper hand inside.

Stay outside and use Razor's Edge, that attack penetrates bubbles. An average Titan will be caught off guard and die.

Kurumi

If I could I'd dragon kick every Thorn user.

tumblr_mrxi637Org1qhjbxeo1_400.gif

D:

But on the other hand it's a bank holiday so you can go back to sleep! Right? I think that's how being a grown-up works.......

I have insomnia, so I don't know what it means anymore to sleep late unless I am loaded on drugs, and I was awake on bed at 05:00AM. And even on a weekend I get up at 7:00. I'm just pissed off that this has happened during one of the worst storms I've seen this year. Otherwise I would get a backpack and hike to a close mountain. But here I am, stuck on a train playing Breath of Fire II.

Lol took a casual stroll through the Bungie forums after the ban hammer has swung. The reactions there are hilarious.

"I swear I didn't lagswitch, I just let my nephew/dog/postman on my PS4 and now my gear is locked" XD
Guess that happened to you when let Miles play, heh Grim?

MechDX

Ran a 28 PoE for shits n giggles and have an abundance of keys so I opened the chest and got the Glasshouse Titan helmet. Been wanting one.

Never Bladedance inside a bubble. They'll be expecting you and they have the upper hand inside.

Stay outside and use Razor's Edge, that attack penetrates bubbles. An average Titan will be caught off guard and die.

Hahah now I know... I actually went into the bubble twice, like an idiot. I learned the hard way...

http://i.imgur.com/8uEdErt.gifv

edit

I'm just pissed off that this has happened during one of the worst storms I've seen this year. Otherwise I would get a backpack and hike to a close mountain. But here I am, stuck on a train playing Breath of Fire II.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

booo that sucks. well, hope your day gets better from here!

Ikkarus

I've been there. Minus the high heels though.

I got to the office and the security guard gave me an odd look and then it hit me.

Go work out which will iron out the annoyance and then hit Destiny which may also bring back that annoyance though if you decide to play Iron Banner!

SnakeEyes

Banned

Go home, have a hot shower to warm up, then play some Destiny.

I've been there. Minus the high heels though.

I got to the office and the security guard gave me an odd look and then it hit me.

Go work out which will iron out the annoyance and then hit Destiny which may also bring back that annoyance though if you decide to play Iron Banner!

Basically it is a day where everything is closed, can't go outside.... The perfect day for being lazy and playing videogames.

Speaking of videogames. The PoE rewards are also once per week things? I.E., you only get cores for the first run, but can still try your luck with the chests at the end until you run out of keys? Right now I have three items with 42 Light (two Variks armor pieces and a exotic), Either ascending the boots with etheric Light or waiting for another item from variks would put me at 34. ALthough first I'd need to know which pieces of legendary armor are worthy of ascending before wasting EL on vendor armor.

Lol took a casual stroll through the Bungie forums after the ban hammer has swung. The reactions there are hilarious.

"I swear I didn't lagswitch, I just let my nephew/dog/postman on my PS4 and now my gear is locked" XD
Guess that happened to you when let Miles play, heh Grim?

Man even though I know all those dudes did something I still sympathize and wonder if bungie fucked up on any of them. I assume they're pretty damn certain, especially when it comes to network manipulation, there's a pretty good degree of certainty with those, so I assume the permas are only for those guys.

Day 3 of grimoire strike farming and shit is it a grind. Phogoth on repeat, only 28 more and I'm done though :D

Top Bottom