• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Ikkarus

Basically it is a day where everything is closed, can't go outside.... The perfect day for being lazy and playing videogames.

Speaking of videogames. The PoE rewards are also once per week things? I.E., you only get cores for the first run, but can still try your luck with the chests at the end until you run out of keys?
In that case go forth and be lazy!

As for PoE you can keep on opening that large chest at the end and continue to grab the queens weapon that drops from it.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Basically it is a day where everything is closed, can't go outside.... The perfect day for being lazy and playing videogames.

Speaking of videogames. The PoE rewards are also once per week things? I.E., you only get cores for the first run, but can still try your luck with the chests at the end until you run out of keys? Right now I have three items with 42 Light (two Variks armor pieces and a exotic), Either ascending the boots with etheric Light or waiting for another item from variks would put me at 34. ALthough first I'd need to know which pieces of legendary armor are worthy of ascending before wasting EL on vendor armor.
The PoE 32, 34, and 35 are one reward set per character per week. The smaller chests can be opened every time, as can the Queens Chest (provided you have a Treasure Key.)

EL CUCO

IB rank 4 got.

Lookig for PvE Void Spear. Got Void spray and play + Surplus on the first roll.

Until next time, Laggy Bananer

I'm done.

The PoE 32, 34, and 35 are one reward set per character per week. The smaller chests can be opened every time, as can the Queens Chest (provided you have a Treasure Key.)

Cool, Thanks. Yesterday I tried rerolling a bit the Hygiea Noblese, as I already have a Scout I like:

- Full Auto
- High Caliber Rounds / Custom Optics / Oiled Frame
- Army of One.

I was mostly doing it for fun and not expecting anything, but looks pretty acceptable for solo missions.

Tonight I learned...

- that IB definitely scales up matching making opponents based on that hidden skill score of your team
- that Hawkmoon pain is legit. Sucks to be killed by it.
- that Last Word is also a pain
- and Thorn is the goddamned worst thing in the game.

I need to start leveling my Thorn

I also thought I had become half-way decent at crucible after just completing my Thorn bounty and having great K/Ds over the past few nights in IB.

Nope. I was so wrong. Playing with a GAF train was fun, but I was out matched 90% of time. Back to random tomorrow night where I can feel good about 1.5+ K/Ds.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Cool, Thanks. Yesterday I tried rerolling a bit the Hygiea Noblese, as I already have a Scout I like:

- Full Auto
- High Caliber Rounds / Custom Optics / Oiled Frame
- Army of One.

I was mostly doing it for fun and not expecting anything, but looks pretty acceptable for solo missions.
Buy the DeadShot Luna from Dead Orbit, and reroll that a few times. That's got a crazy RoF and if you can top it off with FireFly/Full Auto/Explosive Rounds then you've got a mad Scout Rifle for PvE.

Speaking of videogames. The PoE rewards are also once per week things? I.E., you only get cores for the first run, but can still try your luck with the chests at the end until you run out of keys? Right now I have three items with 42 Light (two Variks armor pieces and a exotic), Either ascending the boots with etheric Light or waiting for another item from variks would put me at 34. ALthough first I'd need to know which pieces of legendary armor are worthy of ascending before wasting EL on vendor armor.

If you have Crota or VoG boots ascend them as they'll have the heavy ammo perk, if not try to get a pair this weekend

My PS4 is off so can't upload the screenshot but on my last IB match last night the objectively correct medal popped so looked at the stats screen and the captures went; me 3 - teammates 0,2,0,0,0

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Fuck yes; I finally got the Future War Cult ship. I can finally put that faction to rest and move on to New Monarchy.

Definitely boots with an etheric putting you at 34 hopefully their boots with more heavy.As for PoE yes rewards are once a week only 28 is farmable but leads to some really good drops actually.

Buy the DeadShot Luna from Dead Orbit, and reroll that a few times. That's got a crazy RoF and if you can top it off with FireFly/Full Auto/Explosive Rounds then you've got a mad Scout Rifle for PvE.

Odd, in fact I've been raising my rep with Dead Orbit for the last two weeks. Just hit 2.

For now I've been using Zero Point LOTP with full auto and hidden Hand.

nOoblet16

Typing out my typical long posts on mobile is a poor life decision.
On a side note, I totally relate to this.
Sometimes I am too lazy to get my laptop from the other room and start typing up on mobile and halfway through I realise that it was a bad decision but continue anyway because I am still tool lazy to get the laptop, browse GAF and type the reply again..lol

Hey, at least you have a laptop... My tablet broke down so I've been stuck with the phone to check the thread while playing... mostly because I am too lazy to walk 10 metres to the home office where the desktop is.

Ashler

DGAF PvP, I need your help.

So yesterday I started playing IB for the first time since, well, since the first time IB appeared. I got a Matador 64 drop (a Party Crasher too also, yay) which has the following perks, and I could use some help:

Aggressive Ballistics
Reinforced Barrel
Army Of One

Now... I don't have a lot of experience with the possible rolls, but are these good perks for PvP? I see they have range and impact. Or should I re-roll it and go for a better combination?

ocean

Banned

So yesterday I started playing IB for the first time since, well, since the first time IB appeared. I got a Matador 64 drop (a Party Crasher too also, yay) which has the following perks, and I could use some help:

Aggressive Ballistics
Reinforced Barrel
Army Of One

Now... I don't have a lot of experience with the possible rolls, but are these good perks for PvP? I see they have range and impact. Or should I re-roll it and go for a better combination?
You absolutely need Shot Package and Rifled/Reinforced Barrel.

Aggressive Ballistics is preferable.

The last perk is ideally Kneepads but really you can just ignore it since re rolling for so many conditions is just too unlikely and thus expensive.

Aggressive Ballistics
Reinforced Barrel
Army Of One

You want at a minimum aggressive ballistics, shot package,and reinforced/rifled barrel

For the last perk I wouldn't worry about it but if you get Kneepads/Litc its a bonus

On a side note, I totally relate to this.
Sometimes I am too lazy to get my laptop from the other room and start typing up on mobile and halfway through I realise that it was a bad decision but continue anyway because I am still tool lazy to get the laptop, browse GAF and type the reply again..lol

I only use my mobile for DGAF. My laptop sounds like a jet engine and the missus hogs the iPad.

I only use my mobile for DGAF. My laptop sounds like a jet engine and the missus hogs the iPad.

I have a laptop about 3 feet away but i have like 3 tablets at different parts of my house so eh easier to use the tab for browsing gaf while i kill stuff....ingame ofc.

So anyone need help tackling anything im done with IB for the night?

Ashler

You absolutely need Shot Package and Rifled/Reinforced Barrel.

Aggressive Ballistics is preferable.

The last perk is ideally Kneepads but really you can just ignore it since re rolling for so many conditions is just too unlikely and thus expensive.

You want at a minimum aggressive ballistics, shot package,and reinforced/rifled barrel

For the last perk I wouldn't worry about it but if you get Kneepads/Litc its a bonus

Alright then, gunsmith here I come for some re-rolling goodness.

Thanks guys.

Waldini

It baffles me that the Matador vs Party Crasher firing rate is so different.

Sure, both are still slow but it takes ages for Matador to prepare another shot.

I just did an LFG Hard VoG in 4 hours and 4 minutes (Got stuck on Templar for like 2 hours), guess what I got?! Shards/Energy and Timebreaker. YES!!

And my 1 and only VoG weapon so far, dupe Praedyth's Revenge

So much for a fun run. After every 20-30 minutes, 1-2 people left so I guess there was that.

I just did an LFG Hard VoG in 4 hours and 4 minutes (Got stuck on Templar for like 2 hours), guess what I got?! Shards/Energy and Timebreaker. YES!!

And my 1 and only VoG weapon so far, dupe Praedyth's Revenge

So much for a fun run. After every 20-30 minutes, 1-2 people left so I guess there was that.

I saw you on and figured you were doing normal, so I didn't join. Sounds like I dodged a bullet right into my own LFG hell. Got stuck on GK for waaaay too long because idiots.

Got a Hard Light out of it, though. First one for me. Hope it gets a good buff.

Waldini

I saw you on and figured you were doing normal, so I didn't join. Sounds like I dodged a bullet right into my own LFG hell. Got stuck on GK for waaaay too long because idiots.

I love the look and feel of Hard-Light. The sound is pretty great too. Too bad every AR is shit atm.

GoaThief

Thanks for the replies a few pages back, I'm on PS4 but not really interested in IB at present.

My PSN ID is the same as here if anyone wants to add/invite. Cheers again, most appreciated.

It was. And the main guy that made the LFG, he just complained non stop. And when I died (due to someone running into me and pushing me off the island), I watched him and he was using blade dancer and went invis in the middle of Atheon and sat behind everyone while they all shot at Atheon and he did nothing. Then he complained when we wiped after that on Oracles in Mars or Venus. Pretty bad.

Nuszka

I love the look and feel of Hard-Light. The sound is pretty great too. Too bad every AR is shit atm.

Started using it like 2 days ago, currently getting used to the recoil and stuff so when the 2.0 update releases... Right now in a direct fight against most things you are screwed with it, only thing is stealth jumping your opponent lol.
BTW morning DGaf.

phen0m24

It was. And the main guy that made the LFG, he just complained non stop. And when I died (due to someone running into me and pushing me off the island), I watched him and he was using blade dancer and went invis in the middle of Atheon and sat behind everyone while they all shot at Atheon and he did nothing. Then he complained when we wiped after that on Oracles in Mars or Venus. Pretty bad.

Dude, on XBO? :(

All I know is, I fell asleep really early. I was wiped. So I woke up at 4, figure I'll do a couple IB bounties. People suck. I lose faith in humanity trying to play IB. It's a cluster-you-know-what.

IT'S NOT CLASH EGADS

Game just put me on a losing team on EJ's favorite map. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE CAME BACK. (meaning we finally took B)

Dude, on XBO? :(

All I know is, I fell asleep really early. I was wiped. So I woke up at 4, figure I'll do a couple IB bounties. People suck. I lose faith in humanity trying to play IB. It's a cluster-you-know-what.

IT'S NOT CLASH EGADS

Game just put me on a losing team on EJ's favorite map. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE CAME BACK. (meaning we finally took B)

Yea, I needed 2 runs in and wanted 1 done before tomorrow/Friday. Dang you're awake at 4:53?!

At least I have my Level 33 fully maxed Hunter for tomorrow's Raid. We can wait until we have Narmer so we have 3 people at least.

I can't believe in 3 raids all I've gotten are shards/energy and 2x PR. Oh 1 chatterwhite, ship and sparrow. Mostly cosmetics :p

phen0m24

Yea, I needed 2 runs in and wanted 1 done before tomorrow/Friday. Dang you're awake at 4:53?!

At least I have my Level 33 fully maxed Hunter for tomorrow's Raid. We can wait until we have Narmer so we have 3 people at least.

I can't believe in 3 raids all I've gotten are shards/energy and 2x PR. Oh 1 chatterwhite, ship and sparrow. Mostly cosmetics :p

yeah, like I said, went to sleep early

In four minutes Xur will ruin the start of our weekend.

too late, I'm already playing IB. That's long since happpened.

I couldn't get 1 melee in the last few minutes of my last IB match. What do I do? get a couple snipes, a melee to finish the bounty, and peace out! 2 minutes until reset. Turn this baby in! 1 MG spree shy of that one though.

1 more minute now and i'm still flying into tower

edit: made it! Rank 3 and bought the Chest and an Etheric Light

Skele7on

Banned
yeah, like I said, went to sleep early

too late, I'm already playing IB. That's long since happpened.

LOL I gave up with it last night and just played doubles whilst drunkish using NLB.

Safe to say I lost a lot of games, but I had fun.

XUR:

no back up plans
knucklehead
claws of ahamkara
suros
helm engram

amar212

In four minutes Xur will ruin the start of our weekend.

Ram is only thing he need to sell.

I spent 700+ motes in trying to obtain it. Not a single helmet engram gave me the Ram.

It is highly OP piece of equipment which puts all other Warlocks without it into inferior position. I am playing Rumble daily and Rammers are clearly in advantage.

That Reddit's "Murphy's Laws of Destiny" list was right:

Every warlock in the game has The Ram except you. Every engram you buy will decode into Light Beyond Nemesis.

Ram is a must.

He will not sell Ram.

phen0m24

LOL I gave up with it last night and just played doubles whilst drunkish using NLB.

Safe to say I lost a lot of games, but I had fun.

XUR:

no back up plans
knucklehead
claws of ahamkara
suros
helm engram

helmet engram makes me happy, but do I want a Suros? Ewww not sure that's viable

Does it seem like we've reset to anyone else?

Wasn't this the Xur inventory in the beginning of the game? I seem to remember a couple weeks of Suros after he sold P&T the first time. bleh

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Every House of Wolves exotic I've gotten to drop, Xur has subsequently sold. Every House of Wolves exotic I actually want, Xur refuses to sell. Fucking annoying.

LOL

So My ps4 resurrected warlock lost all his gear when he was erased from this Earth. He's mainly missing Nothing Manacles and RAM now.

XB1 Nightfall yesterday: Nothing Manacles
XB1 Xur Exotic Engram Today: RAM

LOL

The upcoming buff might be good, get it if you have a bunch of extra strange coins. Currently no one uses it in PvE or PvP. It used to be really good in PvP though.

It's just that I can't use any of the other gear in my main warlock, and I already have exotics for future hunter and Titan stored.

phen0m24

Faith in humanity redeemed.

Actually got put in a winning round in IB, then proceeded to clean house with one or two people. Just got a 3.4 KD which never happens.

Maybe I can finish these bounties and go back to bed lol

Hi guys! Xur sucks as usual :p

Top Bottom