• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Nighte

Its stupid how my kdr goes up after hawkmoon is fully leveled compared to using any other weapon for the past couple of weeks...sure I play a little bit better, but its mainly the impact with few shots that give me kills this way.
Actually looking forward to weapons balancing, even if it will nerf hawkmoon as well.

Only seeing 2-5 different weapons in iron banner kinda makes it boring.

noomi

Before AR nerf I was using only non-upgraded Suros for PvP.

It is simply a killing machine like that, because it have almost double fire-rate.

Trade secrets ;)

RoF

I'm keeping one unupgraded, just in case, though I wonder how using an unupgraded gun in Trials would be . . .

Because Focused Fire is awful. You're using an Auto Rifle for its fire rate, so why gimp it? :p

Yup, thats why i got one as well, back in the old days i heard crazy stories of a raw suros. Will see how it will be in a month.

Ahh cool, I had no idea about this. I was never a Suros user, since during it's dynasty I was way more focused on PvE so I missed out on that whole era. I guess if I get another one, I will leave it un-leveled since I do have a maxed one now.

*edit*

Just realized Xur is selling it... maybe I should buy?

Nice.

I don't know if it will replace my trusted Hawnkmoon but I'll give it a shot.

Also, I hadn't played so much Crucible since launch. Iron Banner is keeping me hooked right now.

Nothing can replace the Hawkmoon :p Although bad juju is crazy fun to use in PvE and with the right skill can do very well in PvP... in certain scenarios and playstyles.

Either way, you'll be happy to use it :)

LiK

Ahh cool, I had no idea about this. I was never a Suros user, since during it's dynasty I was way more focused on PvE so I missed out on that whole era. I guess if I get another one, I will leave it un-leveled since I do have a maxed one now.

*edit*

Just realized Xur is selling it... maybe I should buy?

Nothing can replace the Hawkmoon :p Although bad juju is crazy fun to use in PvE and with the right skill can do very well in PvP... in certain scenarios and playstyles.

Either way, you'll be happy to use it :)

Might as well, you're probably loaded with coins.

OkayRene

Didn't have a Suros Regime or the Claws, thanks Xur!

Only exotic armor I'm missing now are Ruin Wings and Nothing Manacles.

LiK

Nothing Manacles is the only exotic armor have some interest in. Seems potent from facing those annoying Voidwalkers in Trials.

PuMa

Nothing Manacles is the only exotic armor have some interest in. Seems potent from facing those annoying Voidwalkers in Trials.

It's very good. Especially if you use Bloom. You can get some nice multi-kills at control points.

Last night did lvl 28 poe as my Warlock.

Was hoping for Gally out of the chest.

Opened it and got Dragons Breath instead.

Lol.

Forever gallyless.

Ah well also I just started my third character a titan. Leveling up my Warlock from 1 to 34 only took under 2 weeks, so thi will be another breeze.

GutZ31

Lol.

Forever gallyless.

Ah well also I just started my third character a titan. Leveling up my Warlock from 1 to 34 only took under 2 weeks, so thi will be another breeze.

Thats Ok, for the past 3 weeks of doing PoE, I have gotten 0 exotics from the big chests.

Lol.

Forever gallyless.

Wtf exotics drop from 28?

Shito

Wtf exotics drop from 28?
It's a guaranteed drop for your first 28 ever with a character, and after that each big chest (from 28 to 35) has a small chance to drop an exotic.
Rumor has it the 28 one has a better chance at it, but I don't believe it at all: it's just that people run the 28 more / faster. I've had a week with 2 exotics out of 3 PoE 32 runs...

MrDaravon

Just got the Thorn bounty on a second character, still haven't done it on my first because of the void kills part of it. Goddamn it lol. I realm need a Void primary :(

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just got the Thorn bounty on a second character, still haven't done it on my first because of the void kills part of it. Goddamn it lol. I realm need a Void primary :(

A void shotgun and HMG will do just fine. Play smart and go for heavy ammo and you will rack up the void kills in no time.

Either that or we start killing ourselves in some sort of private match. I'm only at 38/500 and right now it is postponed.

A void shotgun and HMG will do just fine. Play smart and go for heavy ammo and you will rack up the void kills in no time.

yep, void shotgun in rumble is the easy way to complete kills for the bounty, I did it without a primary (void shotgun+Truth) and it only took about 3-4 hours.

AGoodODST

Just use a void shotgun and launcher and play Skirmish (less competition for ammo/chance of dying). Depending on how lopsided the teams are you can get through that part of the bounty pretty quickly.

Void shotgun/Launcher

Control

Camp heavy ammo spawn and ambush with shotty. Steal rockets and find an almost captured point

Nuke team

Hide and repeat lol. Thats how I did it.

Shotty control ambush makes it so easy

To be honest, yes.

It is OK in PvE with focused fire, but PvP it suffers quite a bit in killing time.

I disagree. I used suros a lot back before the nerf. A fully upgraded one packed s helluva punch. It was basically an auto scout rifle and the longer you fired the more damage it did. Plus the health regen perk helps loads!

I could never do as well with the Unupgraded suros.

LiK

When doing a Thorn bounty, basically play like a dick in Control. Don't bother capturing points. Focus on kills and try not to die.

MrDaravon

Damn I must just be terrible then :(. I did it at launch on 360 with Blue weapons and it was a huge pain and I hated myself for it. If everyone says its not that bad Ill give it another try though, probably after IB though.

On a related note I have a Truth, is it worth it to spend a shard to max it out?

When doing a Thorn bounty, basically play like a dick in Control. Don't bother capturing points. Focus on kills and try not to die.

Yup!

I just camped control points and crouched.. watch my radar and ambush lol

I really wanted to get it done and was willing to be an ass to do it

Truth vs. Gjallarhorn for Trials?

I heard Truth was the best PVP rocket launcher when I got it. But everyone who uses an exotic during the heavy round uses Gjally.

Thoughts?

ocean

Banned
I disagree. I used suros a lot back before the nerf. A fully upgraded one packed s helluva punch. It was basically an auto scout rifle and the longer you fired the more damage it did. Plus the health regen perk helps loads!

Suros with Focus Fire has the longest TTK in the entire game. That's not an exaggeration. If you only land crits, it's a 1.2s kill. There is literally no other primary weapon in the entire game that requires 1.2s of headshots.

This should illustrate just how far Bungie overdid the nerf.

E92 M3

Damn I must just be terrible then :(. I did it at launch on 360 with Blue weapons and it was a huge pain and I hated myself for it. If everyone says its not that bad Ill give it another try though, probably after IB though.

On a related note I have a Truth, is it worth it to spend a shard to max it out?

I have over 100 exotic shards and still didn't max the Truth.

phen0m24

Approaches mic
tap tap tap

Hey Trance
Hey Lima
Hey Zoso
Hey Koro
Hey Taeshik
Hey Trace
Hey GoodcoffeeJoey
Hey Liquid

Yes I know Narmer is on (late night) and it seems the only time I play with Unstable is by winning a raffle (sad face) but here's the deal.

Do you guys raid? Would love to connect with you guys somehow for a Bone raid or two. Do you raid weekly? Xplicitone and I end up kidnapping Navy Bean with us (poor guy) but that's half a raid team.

Short version is with no elemental primaries Destiny life kinda sucks. We need you, Xbone Guardians. :)

Thank you for listening to this public announcement.

You may now return to Xur-hatred, which map is Trials serving up, who hasn't been to Mercury, which scumbag blink shotgun combo is most evil, why warlocks suck, why pulse rifles are the best, and discussions about Skinner boxes and Iron Lagger.

:)

GT: phen0m24
PSN: ColonelOCorn

noomi

Truth vs. Gjallarhorn for Trials?

I heard Truth was the best PVP rocket launcher when I got it. But everyone who uses an exotic during the heavy round uses Gjally.

Thoughts?

Truth, the tracking is great and nades and horseshoes is vital.

Ghorn can hold it's own as well though.

Deku Tree

Bones of Eao is the rarest exotic armor in the game because its only been in the game since HoW and the only way to get it is from RNG that can't be cheesed by buying a bunch of engrams.

GutZ31

I don't know if you read the context of the conversation, but this is about how the weapon preforms at present.

At this time, focused fire does not help kill faster in PvP than unupgraded suros consistently.

It is true that glass half full can cut time to kill down nicely, but when up against non-leveled suros, it fails to live up to the faster killing times.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7FV9l4hXo2tHD3XlFUp854XvJIwTKFIPvASLduPPS4/htmlview

This is a list of weapons and their time to kills laid out.

LiK

Also, if you're doing the Thorn void kills bounty, today is probably the perfect day for it.

Most of hardcore players are in IB now and Trials later. There's gonna be alot of scrubs in regular PVP today.

E92 M3

Approaches mic
tap tap tap

Hey Trance
Hey Lima
Hey Zoso
Hey Koro
Hey Taeshik
Hey Trace
Hey GoodcoffeeJoey
Hey Liquid

Yes I know Narmer is on (late night) and it seems the only time I play with Unstable is by winning a raffle (sad face) but here's the deal.

Do you guys raid? Would love to connect with you guys somehow for a Bone raid or two. Do you raid weekly? Xplicitone and I end up kidnapping Navy Bean with us (poor guy) but that's half a raid team.

Short version is with no elemental primaries Destiny life kinda sucks. We need you, Xbone Guardians. :)

Thank you for listening to this public announcement.

You may now return to Xur-hatred, which map is Trials serving up, who hasn't been to Mercury, which scumbag blink shotgun combo is most evil, why warlocks suck, why pulse rifles are the best, and discussions about Skinner boxes and Iron Lagger.

:)

GT: phen0m24
PSN: ColonelOCorn

I love raiding, but haven't done enough because of all the new character hype and PVP. You see me on, just send a message.

Bones of Eao is the rarest exotic armor in the game because its only been in the game since HoW and the only way to get it is from RNG that can't be cheesed by buying a bunch of engrams.

Everyone should have the Bones! Best best best best best best best exotic in the game. I hope to see more like it in TTK.

Top Bottom