• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

E92 M3

I started playing Destiny because in Summer I get out early of work and I don't have to study. By september I will be back to having time for only one game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUYDmGHlGc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8Qi-I4o9E

And if Fallout 4 proves to be as good as 3 and New Vegas, I'd expect a lot more of Destiny players disappearing for a time. I'd buy TTK but I could not enjoy it.

Trust me I know those games will be good, but TTK is supposed to be everything we ever wanted from Destiny. (Maybe I'm hyping too much).

Any avatar-making photoshop guys in here right now?

Here:

2IVMi9Y.jpg

Kyoufu

I really hope Destiny 2 has dedicated servers.

I'm tired of yellow/red bar players having a massive advantage.

And above all

I'm tired of logging into Destiny in Orbit. I WANT TO BE IN A SOCIAL SPACE TO PICK UP BOUNTIES FIRST.

Which new subclass are we most excited for?

Really hoping Sunbreaker can find a niche other than just looking cool. But I doubt it will beat Defender for PvE. If it gives Titans a Voikwalker/Bladedancer PvP equivalent, I'd be okay with it. Would love to be able to use it in PVE though.

Stormcaller looks awesome, idk about effectiveness.

I don't really have an opinion on nightstalker, the animation looks cool.

noomi

I still haven't pre-ordered TTK, will probably next week. Still waiting on some sort of update from Bungie about collectors content.

Which new subclass are we most excited for?

Nightstalker seems like it will be very usefull and cool, but I can;t help but be super pumped for Sunbreaker! GOLDEN HAMMER!

th3dude

I've always wanted the SUROS Regime more than anything else. Then the nerf hit before I could get one.

Today it is finally mine!

Will still level it up and use it for lower level PvE content for kicks until the buff happens.

HYPE!

Namikaze1

Fuck! That's the second time today where I have to restart the mission due to killing too many and getting the next checkpoint. I just need like 600-700 more kills for Pulse Rifles.

DNAbro

Whoo! Finally got to rank 3 in Iron Banner and last game I finally got that 10 killstreak. Ascended my Found Verdict and I'm ready for Skolas tonight!

123rl

So, here's my proposal: I want to jump in on the xbone raid. On Sunday night (GMT, so Sunday afternoon for you Americans) can we be a group together? I'm not a noob but it would be fun to get a couple of new players as well as veterans. Now, for my request: can someone teach me how to run the sword? I know what to do - roughly - but I want to learn from a relaxed group instead of the usual LFG crowds. And if we play VoG could someone let me fight the Templar while everyone else gets the oracles?

Any takers?

LiK

I really hope Destiny 2 has dedicated servers.

I'm tired of yellow/red bar players having a massive advantage.

And above all

I'm tired of logging into Destiny in Orbit. I WANT TO BE IN A SOCIAL SPACE TO PICK UP BOUNTIES FIRST.

Hopefully the devs discussed it after having their ass handed to them by lag switchers.

Trust me I know those games will be good, but TTK is supposed to be everything we ever wanted from Destiny. (Maybe I'm hyping too much).

Haha Destiny was supposed to be everything we ever wanted :p I'm still kinda bitter about that "see those mountains over there" open-world hype that never was. Fool me once, shame on me... fool me twice...

I've memorised the answer for that, sometimes I am can be too detail specific or I can be quite critical of my own work.

It should always be something like "I've always spent a lot of time focusing on the details, so I can have trouble working quickly. At the same time, being so detail-oriented has let me learn what's truly essential in doing X, Y, Z"

You should always briefly provide a non-answer to that question and then spin it to explicitly talk about how that weakness actually is a strength for you. A good way to do this is to say what you've learned from your weakness, how you've embraced it and ultimately turned it into a strength. That's what people want to hear when they ask that question. They r thinking to themselves (how does this person handle failure? Do they break, or do they become stronger from it?).

That said, it depends a lot on the industry ur in.

sauce: years of interviewing people

rNilla

Bullets are my biggest weakness. Please don't shoot me.

My second biggest weakness is clichéd and meaningless interview questions.

But it will help me enjoying TTK more. I've been going through multiple burnouts before setting myself in the good part where I am not addicted, I don't have to devote hours... A break will be good. If I played Destiny in September I'd have one hour of game time per day and I'd be all the day pissed off about wanting more drug, plus I'd have to share that hour with other games...

The pros for me of waiting for TTK:

- Initial bugs and balance issues will be fixed by the time I start playing
- Won't have to endure day one crashes, lag, server down...
- Nobody spoils The Phantom Pain for me
- Chances of getting the retail version cheaper
- Rage inducing exploits should be fixed
- Binge gaming without any restrictions during the vacations.

There is life outside Destiny, and by swapping genres TTK will feel freshes when I buy it. Also, I have a limited budget for games as I am saving for something big. If I have to choose, Destiny would be in the very end of the list of upcoming stuff that justified the purchase of a PS4 for me.

Truth vs. Gjallarhorn for Trials?

I heard Truth was the best PVP rocket launcher when I got it. But everyone who uses an exotic during the heavy round uses Gjally.

Thoughts?

Truth for Trials, no question.

Gally for 6v6 modes though, excluding Combined Arms where Truth is king once more.

Namikaze1

I will never understand why female Exo's have breasts. They're freaking machines! What, does a male Exo have a mechanical schlong? One of Destiny's many mysteries along with what the hell the Traveler is here for?!

Just ignore me. I had a rough day yesterday and drank a bit after watching Rogue Nation with friends.

SUNBREAKER HAMMER BROS! I don't see this being a super effective PvE class, but it will be fun as hell for PvP.

also pretty pumped to have a useful PvE subclass for Hunters now outside of just being orb generators.
Do we know of any new stuff in the sub classes besides the supers? Titans don't need Blink or anything, but can we expect some new grenades, jumps, or melees? Or is it mostly just recycled stuff?

Homeboyd

I will never understand why female Exo's have breasts. They're freaking machines! What, does a male Exo have a mechanical schlong? One of Destiny's many secrets along with what the hell the Traveler is here for?!

Just ignore me. I had a rough day yesterday and drank a bit after watching Rogue Nation with friends.
So but then... why are they considered "female exo's" to begin with in that case?

I will never understand why female Exo's have breasts. They're freaking machines! What, does a male Exo have a mechanical schlong? One of Destiny's many secrets along with what the hell the Traveler is here for?!

36110067cc10d1a2.jpg

Breast missile! Hey, it could be a race specific skill.

I will never understand why female Exo's have breasts. They're freaking machines! What, does a male Exo have a mechanical schlong? One of Destiny's many mysteries along with what the hell the Traveler is here for?!

If transformers can have tits, why not exos? Even if it's t=just to distract humans and awokens.

Damn... well I might skip that one then... or just get to the 50 kills and then drop it. I don't know why, but suddenly I really want to have 3600 grimoire, sitting at 3545 right now, and then last 55 will be damn near impossible for my to get :/.

I finished VIPs yesterday and basically did the same as Nami. Load into Earth, do a VIP if it was there, then check the patrol missions in the Divide since I was already there and hopefully get lucky. I'd also check the Rocket Yard if I was already in the Divide since it's so close. The lengthy trip from Steppes to Divide is rough though.

If there was no VIP when I loaded into the Steppes, I'd go back to orbit and try again. I did 70 over several weeks, it sucked. I hate not being able to make predictable progress. Sometimes I'd get lucky with 3-4 VIPs in one go but frequently I'd have to reload Earth multiple times just to get one. Bleh.

Now I just need to pay someone to Share Play my 94 Rumble wins :(

E92 M3

Haha Destiny was supposed to be everything we ever wanted :p I'm still kinda bitter about that "see those mountains over there" open-world hype that never was. Fool me once, shame on me... fool me twice...

I actually never believed that lol. Never was feasible.

That white background tho...

(transparent PLS!!!)

I don't know how lol.

But it will help me enjoying TTK more. I've been going through multiple burnouts before setting myself in the good part where I am not addicted, I don't have to devote hours... A break will be good. If I played Destiny in September I'd have one hour of game time per day and I'd be all the day pissed off about wanting more drug, plus I'd have to share that hour with other games...

The pros for me of waiting for TTK:

- Initial bugs and balance issues will be fixed by the time I start playing
- Won't have to endure day one crashes, lag, server down...
- Nobody spoils The Phantom Pain for me
- Chances of getting the retail version cheaper
- Rage inducing exploits should be fixed
- Binge gaming without any restrictions during the vacations.

There is life outside Destiny, and by swapping genres TTK will feel freshes when I buy it. Also, I have a limited budget for games as I am saving for something big. If I have to choose, Destiny would be in the very end of the list of upcoming stuff that justified the purchase of a PS4 for me.

I agree, but wouldn't be able to go through with it lol.

I've always wanted the SUROS Regime more than anything else. Then the nerf hit before I could get one.

Today it is finally mine!

Will still level it up and use it for lower level PvE content for kicks until the buff happens.

HYPE!

I still use Suros on certain maps, Rusted Lands it does especially well.

hew9753

Had two cancellations tonight for Skolas School at 10PM so if anyone that hasn't done it before, is level 34, and has a couple decent weapons wants to sign up let me know!

I'd like to give it a try if you still have an opening for 10pm EST tonight. I've got a fully leveled 34 warlock with a couple of exotics and a bunch of base 331 damage legendary weapons.

PSN: GuerrillaGrodd

I think the exo grimoir cards hint at the fact exo's are humans who downloaded their consciousness into exo bodies. Maybe thats why?

Nuszka

Witcher 3 completed finally, still a lot of side stuff to do. Now after next extremely busy week at work(still will do 3x nf) i would be able to concentrate on Destiny.

Top Bottom