• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I love raiding, but haven't done enough because of all the new character hype and PVP. You see me on, just send a message.

Everyone should have the Bones! Best best best best best best best exotic in the game. I hope to see more like it in TTK.

Ok what makes bones so good anyways

Isnt it just a triple jump?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Do you guys raid? Would love to connect with you guys somehow for a Bone raid or two. Do you raid weekly? Xplicitone and I end up kidnapping Navy Bean with us (poor guy) but that's half a raid team.

Short version is with no elemental primaries Destiny life kinda sucks. We need you, Xbone Guardians. :)

Thank you for listening to this public announcement.

I'm always down to raid if I'm on when you guys are. Ran the NF with you and Navy Bean the other day so I'm in. Although during weekdays I usually don't get on until around 7pm EST. I wouldn't mind picking up some raid gear for my new hunter.

ori0n378e

Outside of the US. If Paulaner came with codes, it would be a different story.

It's odd. After reaching 20 I never had issues with weapon parts. I'd be stuck trying to upgrade blue weapons and missing those 16 weapon parts. Nowadays, I always have plenty. Of course, I never rerolled until yesterday.
Sent you a PM.

I don't know if you read the context of the conversation, but this is about how the weapon preforms at present.

At this time, focused fire does not help kill faster in PvP than unupgraded suros consistently.

It is true that glass half full can cut time to kill down nicely, but when up against non-leveled suros, it fails to live up to the faster killing times.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7FV9l4hXo2tHD3XlFUp854XvJIwTKFIPvASLduPPS4/htmlview

This is a list of weapons and their time to kills laid out.
Isn't there any Legendary or Rare Auto Rifle in the same archetype as SUROS that can compete with suros? Such as Shadow Price, Pest Control Matrix, or the Summoner that have identical Impact and ROF values to an un-upgraded SUROS.

What's the benefit of using a raw Suros over one of the other legendary auto rifles without focused fire that can still get a complete perk set for stuff such as rangefinder, hidden hand, third eye, and other PvP perks?

PuMa

Isn't there any Legendary or Rare Auto Rifle in the same archetype as SUROS that can compete with suros? Such as Shadow Price, Pest Control Matrix, or the Summoner that have identical Impact and ROF values to an un-upgraded SUROS.

What's the benefit of using a raw Suros over one of the other legendary auto rifles without focused fire that can still get a complete perk set for stuff such as rangefinder, hidden hand, third eye, and other PvP perks?

Summoner is great. That gun is gonna be a beast in 2.0.

MrDaravon

Also, if you're doing the Thorn void kills bounty, today is probably the perfect day for it.

Most of hardcore players are in IB now and Trials later. There's gonna be alot of scrubs in regular PVP today.

Ignoring the fact that I'm a scrub that's not a terrible idea. I'm pretty determined to go in hard on IB this weekend since I only have 1 light and haven't touched IB at all, but I might try this. Guessing probably either Rumble or Control would be best?

phen0m24

I'm always down to raid if I'm on when you guys are. Ran the NF with you and Navy Bean the other day so I'm in. Although during weekdays I usually don't get on until around 7pm EST. I wouldn't mind picking up some raid gear for my new hunter.
Purg3!

My memory failed me. You witnessed the "How many assists can one Titan get during a NF" fiasco, yes. Thank you for that. :)

I'm also EST and I think X is CST.

E92 M3

Ok what makes bones so good anyways

Isnt it just a triple jump?

Gunslingers can quad jump! You should see how many people get confused in PVP when I'm jumping on top of them. It's amazing. Also, the it has great applications for PVE. it's truly a game-changing exotic.

LiK

Ignoring the fact that I'm a scrub that's not a terrible idea. I'm pretty determined to go in hard on IB this weekend since I only have 1 light and haven't touched IB at all, but I might try this. Guessing probably either Rumble or Control would be best?

Yea, try both. Some people prefer one of those modes over another. Personally, I played Control for it. People are more distracted with trying to grab points which made it a bit easier for me.

WipedOut

Approaches mic
tap tap tap

Hey Trance
Hey Lima
Hey Zoso
Hey Koro
Hey Taeshik
Hey Trace
Hey GoodcoffeeJoey
Hey Liquid

Yes I know Narmer is on (late night) and it seems the only time I play with Unstable is by winning a raffle (sad face) but here's the deal.

Do you guys raid? Would love to connect with you guys somehow for a Bone raid or two. Do you raid weekly? Xplicitone and I end up kidnapping Navy Bean with us (poor guy) but that's half a raid team.

Short version is with no elemental primaries Destiny life kinda sucks. We need you, Xbone Guardians. :)

You may now return to Xur-hatred, which map is Trials serving up, who hasn't been to Mercury, which scumbag blink shotgun combo is most evil, why warlocks suck, why pulse rifles are the best, and discussions about Skinner boxes and Iron Lagger.

:)

GT: phen0m24
PSN: ColonelOCorn

What, am I like chop liver here? Didn't even make top 20, forget about it....

Always down to help with Raids, no one seems to like to do them anymore, trials this, poe that, Iron Bananas. Geez, what's a brother gotta do to get his raid on.

Homeboyd

Bones of Eao is the rarest exotic armor in the game because its only been in the game since HoW and the only way to get it is from RNG that can't be cheesed by buying a bunch of engrams.
And I got them on my first HoW nightfall. On my titan. Didn't even have a hunter then.

I was doing Clash for the Thorn bounty, but since assists don't count (From what I have read), it would be a problem. You don't get a lot of kills if you go in a group, and the enemy will work in at least teams of two, so more chances of dying.

phen0m24

I love raiding.

I'm always down to raid if I'm on when you guys are.

Am hoping we can set up a raid night maybe until TTK drops. Maybe we could even do a Bone noob raid? So many people here and places like Fireteam Chat Group (IGN) that haven't raided.

Would love to see XBone-side grow as fun and collegial as PS4 side.

We are GAF and GAF > Internet > GAF. :)

What, am I like chop liver here? Didn't even make top 20, forget about it....

Always down to help with Raids, no one seems to like to do them anymore, trials this, poe that, Iron Bananas. Geez, what's a brother gotta do to get his raid on.

Yo Wiped Out! Definitely not chopped liver. I'm old and forget things, and also gamertags. Ask Narmer. Better yet, don't ask Narmer.

I just went with the names that popped into my head. Should have consulted with the list on the first page. :)

Let's Raid

Namikaze1

Woke up feeling like shit. At least Mission Impossible Rogue Nation was good. Not the best MI nor the worst but just good.

Heard Xur is selling crap with the exception of exotic helmet engram. Good luck to all trying to get the Ram and Nighthawk. Now to finish the Pulse Rifles Grimoire.

lt519

Had two cancellations tonight for Skolas School at 10PM so if anyone that hasn't done it before, is level 34, and has a couple decent weapons wants to sign up let me know!

I don't know if you read the context of the conversation, but this is about how the weapon preforms at present.

At this time, focused fire does not help kill faster in PvP than unupgraded suros consistently.

It is true that glass half full can cut time to kill down nicely, but when up against non-leveled suros, it fails to live up to the faster killing times.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7FV9l4hXo2tHD3XlFUp854XvJIwTKFIPvASLduPPS4/htmlview

This is a list of weapons and their time to kills laid out.

Suros with Focus Fire has the longest TTK in the entire game. That's not an exaggeration. If you only land crits, it's a 1.2s kill. There is literally no other primary weapon in the entire game that requires 1.2s of headshots.

This should illustrate just how far Bungie overdid the nerf.

But come 2.0 Suros will be a lot closer to where it used to be. I have no issues with where suros is currently. However people were making the exact same arguments before it was nerfed into the ground that it was better to keep it Unupgraded. In that case why not run with one of the many other auto rifles. Shadow price and vanquished. There is no argument currently for anyone to use an auto rifle. They are massively ineffective in all aspects compared to all other weapons in the game.

To say someone has wasted strange coins on buying it and upgrading the focused fire perk is a bit overkill. In pve fully upgraded it will be better than not. In pvp you'd be silly to take it in if you want to be competitive.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Am hoping we can set up a raid night maybe until TTK drops. Maybe we could even do a Bone noob raid? So many people here and places like Fireteam Chat Group (IGN) that haven't raided.

Yo Wiped Out! Definitely not chopped liver. I'm old and forget things, and also gamertags. Ask Narmer. Better yet, don't ask Narmer.

I just went with the names that popped into my head. Should have consulted with the list on the first page. :)

Let's Raid

That would be awesome, I'm definitely in. I still need a Crux and Ghorn, so the more chances at one, the better.

E92 M3

And I got them on my first HoW nightfall. On my titan. Didn't even have a hunter then.

Bigshot over here.

RNGesus has bless thee my son. You have replaced Rogue in the RNG Department.

Can't wait for Rogue to come back and steal all of the RNG. At least it kept things balanced and my anger subdued lol.

Xbone side is very much alive and fun! Don't let the PS4 people say otherwise. I do need to start raiding more again. Wouldn't mind helping first timers through VOG.

noomi

Woke up feeling like shit. At least Mission Impossible Rogue Nation was good. Not the best MI nor the worst but just good.

Heard Xur is selling crap with the exception of exotic helmet engram. Good luck to all trying to get the Ram and Nighthawk. Now to finish the Pulse Rifles Grimoire.

The review for MI seem really good, although the last one I saw was #2.

GL on the pulse rifles grim, I finished up hydras last night, and have about 50 ogres to go.

Also noticed you did the VIP kills pretty quickly last night, how? I took me like 10 minutes to get one done on earth patrol :eek: I need like 200 more lol

Btw, I'm comfirming this: I won't be joining the fight with The Taken King until I'm done with the next Danganronpa and The Phantom Pain. I don't like spoilers, so I'm putting them on top priority. But until them, I will be a Guardian full time during August.

Approaches mic
tap tap tap

Hey Trance
Hey Lima
Hey Zoso
Hey Koro
Hey Taeshik
Hey Trace
Hey GoodcoffeeJoey
Hey Liquid

Yes I know Narmer is on (late night) and it seems the only time I play with Unstable is by winning a raffle (sad face) but here's the deal.

You may now return to Xur-hatred, which map is Trials serving up, who hasn't been to Mercury, which scumbag blink shotgun combo is most evil, why warlocks suck, why pulse rifles are the best, and discussions about Skinner boxes and Iron Lagger.

:)

GT: phen0m24
PSN: ColonelOCorn

I can help with some raid stuff if I'm on. Not sure what time you all are looking to do things. Dmh should be able to solo everything himself!!!

OkayRene

Summoner is great. That gun is gonna be a beast in 2.0.

I hope so, I got one in all flavors!

tumblr_m0kmx1xM2j1rq9llho1_500.jpg

WipedOut

Bigshot over here.

Can't wait for Rogue to come back and steal all of the RNG. At least it kept things balanced and my anger subdued lol.

You know he will for Tee Tee Kay! - 6 Man raid will bring everyone back, can't wait for Tuesdays again. Still have yet to do 1 PoE this week.

Xbone side is very much alive and fun! Don't let the PS4 people say otherwise. I do need to start raiding more again. Wouldn't mind helping first timers through VOG.

Raids are still my favorite "End Game" activity. Careful what you ask for trance, I recently did a first timer Raid and it was frustrating at times. Granted it was hard mode, they should have started on easy mode.

Let's Raid
If you see me on just hit me up, think you narmer were trying to do it the other night but was getting the last of my Nightfalls in.

GL on the pulse rifles grim, I finished up hydras last night, and have about 50 ogres to go.

Also noticed you did the VIP kills pretty quickly last night, how? I took me like 10 minutes to get one done on earth patrol :eek: I need like 200 more lol
I still remember the day Vader and I landed in the Steppes and there were three VIP missions. He stayed back and I went to the kill spot in the divide and got three in a row, and then one of the two in the divide was a VIP. Hasn't happened since.

Namikaze1

VIP took me three hours and I only had 36 to do. What I basically did was exit out of earth patrol if a VIP mission wasn't available in the first area and return. Got lucky several times with double VIPs.

E92 M3

Btw, I'm comfirming this: I won't be joining the fight with The Taken King until I'm done with the next Danganronpa and The Phantom Pain. I don't like spoilers, so I'm putting them on top priority. But until them, I will be a Guardian full time during August.

As a Destiny player, I don't know how you will be able to resist not playing TTK on Day 1. It's going to be epic.

You know he will for Tee Tee Kay! - 6 Man raid will bring everyone back, can't wait for Tuesdays again. Still have yet to do 1 PoE this week.

Raid are still my favorite "End Game" activity. Careful what you ask for trance, I recently did a first timer Raid and it was frustrating at times. Granted it was hard mode, they should have started on easy mode.

Normal first of course!

phen0m24

Oh I know you're fun. And also alive, unless somehow the Terminator has secretly taken you out and posting for you by proxy in order to infiltrate our ranks.

I jump on at night
when not asleep
and the friends list looks like Team Lonely Boner. Just figure maybe we can all hook up somehow*. :)

*Maybe with noobs, preferably not literal T-888s or T-2000s.

Disclaimer: Technically Unstable, Lima, Taeshik and Koro are all Terminators.

Raids are still my favorite "End Game" activity. Careful what you ask for trance, I recently did a first timer Raid and it was frustrating at times. Granted it was hard mode, they should have started on easy
Normal is definitely the way to go for first time, we had two first timers run from the Bad to the Xbone group/clan and it worked great on normal VoG, even was able to have one of them run Relic against the Templar successfully :)

E92 M3

Oh I know you're fun. And also alive, unless somehow the Terminator has secretly taken you out and posting for you by proxy in order to infiltrate our ranks.

I jump on at night
when not asleep
and the friends list looks like Team Lonely Boner. Just figure maybe we can all hook up somehow*. :)

*Maybe with noobs, preferably not literal T-888s or T-2000s.

Disclaimer: Technically Unstable, Lima, Taeshik and Koro are all Terminators.

You can call me the Jewminator!

Team Lonely Boner is a thing of the past, my friend. Each OT are numbers grow and grow.

noomi

I still remember the day Vader and I landed in the Steppes and there were three VIP missions. He stayed back and I went to the kill spot in the divide and got three in a row, and then one of the two in the divide was a VIP. Hasn't happened since.

VIP took me three hours and I only had 36 to do. What I basically did was exit out of earth patrol if a VIP mission wasn't available in the first area and return. Got lucky several times with double VIPs.

Damn... well I might skip that one then... or just get to the 50 kills and then drop it. I don't know why, but suddenly I really want to have 3600 grimoire, sitting at 3545 right now, and then last 55 will be damn near impossible for my to get :/

Holliday is selling this rare ship for the next 2 days:

Woah... I don't think I've even seen that ship in-game, looks very cool, thanks for the heads up.

Dude, on XBO? :(

All I know is, I fell asleep really early. I was wiped. So I woke up at 4, figure I'll do a couple IB bounties. People suck. I lose faith in humanity trying to play IB. It's a cluster-you-know-what.

IT'S NOT CLASH EGADS

Game just put me on a losing team on EJ's favorite map. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE CAME BACK. (meaning we finally took B)
you got up 2 hours after i went to bed. IB lag is real... -_-

GutZ31

But come 2.0 Suros will be a lot closer to where it used to be. I have no issues with where suros is currently. However people were making the exact same arguments before it was nerfed into the ground that it was better to keep it Unupgraded. In that case why not run with one of the many other auto rifles. Shadow price and vanquished. There is no argument currently for anyone to use an auto rifle. They are massively ineffective in all aspects compared to all other weapons in the game.

To say someone has wasted strange coins on buying it and upgrading the focused fire perk is a bit overkill. In pve fully upgraded it will be better than not. In pvp you'd be silly to take it in if you want to be competitive.

If you planed on using suros in its current form for pvp, it is a waste to level up to focused fire.
If you don't have it, but upgraded past focused fire, you still have an auto rifle that could be awesome come TTK.

Better?

As a Destiny player, I don't know how you will be able to resist not playing TTK on Day 1. It's going to be epic.

I started playing Destiny because in Summer I get out early of work and I don't have to study. By september I will be back to having time for only one game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUYDmGHlGc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8Qi-I4o9E

And if Fallout 4 proves to be as good as 3 and New Vegas, I'd expect a lot more of Destiny players disappearing for a time. I'd buy TTK but I could not enjoy it. Not unless I beat all the Fall games where I care about the story or I start my Christmas vacations.

Fun Iron Lagger train with DGAF last night but...

what the fuck happened here?

l6d1HwO.gif

He blinked out of my blink strike!

Lag? it happened to me where my shots werent registering then when i checked the players in the room, everyone's connection was either red or yellow.

I'd expect a lot more of Destiny players disappearing for a time. I'd buy TTK but I could not enjoy it.

Still conflicted on whether I should pre-order TTK. I'm probably going to be hooked on MGS Online come September, and soon after, I know Battlefront is going to eat up my gaming time...

nOoblet16

Phone interview in 2 hours and I'm shitting bricks because this is it !
And I'm playing Destiny instead of preparing (I don't even know what to do for preparation lol)

Top Bottom