• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Been using Red Death in the crucible and I'm enjoying it. How does it stack up against The Messenger and hopscotch pilgrim?

Like Noomi said, it's the difference between a 3 and 2 burst kill. The Red Death can kill in 2 burts, but it's a bit more difficult to pull off.

Also, insert I wish I had a Hopscotch.gif

That post yesterday was amazing. Guess I need about another 5 billion strikes before I get it.

Is someone still doing newbie raids on ps4? I have not raided and want to give it a try if I can find a group.

Not being able to raid pretty much ruined destiny for me but I'm trying to give the game another chance.

Hawkian will be resuming his newbie raids starting this Thursday evening (EST evening). DeathJR also does newbie raids but he's on vacation for a few more weeks. People like myself and Deafmedal do newbie raids anytime there's an interested group.

What time zone are you? When are you available?

Namikaze1

Hawkian normally organizes these, but this week he said he was exhausted from traveling.

I think nami and drizz posted something about doing a newbie raid this saturday?
Not newbie raid. We're doing a flawless hard VoG attempt.

I can raid today. Just need to get a team first.

noomi

I might switch to using the Messenger then, I need to know what would be a good exotic special to have?

Or would it just not make sense to replace a good shotgun with an exotic special? Sigh I guess I will just have an exotic heavy.

I normally go with:

- Hopscotch
- Matador 64
- Truth/Gjallarhorn

ocean

Banned
Truth vs. Gjallarhorn for Trials?

I heard Truth was the best PVP rocket launcher when I got it. But everyone who uses an exotic during the heavy round uses Gjally.

Thoughts?
Truth is by most standards a better PvP rocket launcher. But Gjallarhorn is the only RL which can kill a Bladedancer. Given how common a strategy it is to contest another team's heavy spawn with supers, it's a good safety.

So this guy periodically posts some awesome destiny illustrations. I love this shit so much:

armor-23.png

armor-20.png

armor-18.png

armor-07.png

armor-01.png

Hawkian will be resuming his newbie raids starting this Thursday evening (EST evening). DeathJR also does newbie raids but he's on vacation for a few more weeks. People like myself and Deafmedal do newbie raids anytime there's an interested group.

What time zone are you? When are you available?

I'm Eastern time zone and unemployed
So I'm always free lol. I would love to do the raids I got myself up to 34 with iron banner but still haven't done 34 Poe or raided because I have no friends who play destiny on ps4.

Psn is crocodileslogic

Necrochasm + melee too OP, poor guy went full try hard when Ikkarus, GoreLies and me were having fun with Necro's in Rumble:

vJ1x0g.gif

Bonus: efficient use of a last bullet

m2e2Yq.gif

Namikaze1

So I'm always free lol. I would love to do the raids I got myself up to 34 with iron banner but still haven't done 34 Poe or raided because I have no friends who play destiny on ps4.

Psn is crocodileslogic
I can do a raid today at anytime. PSN is namikaze1

Actually if Rumble is the daily pvp while IB is running, this might be a good chance for me to try to both get Rumble wins (I have....1) as well as try to knock out the Thorn void kills since a lot of people who are terrible at the pvp (like me) will hop in for the daily just for rewards. I may give this a go when I get home.

Trials is running too, your idea is worth a try.

It works a little, but it's still skill based matchmaking.

Psn is crocodileslogic

Sounds good! I'm EST as well. Starting in 1 hour I'll be doing Trials for a while but I'll be around tonight and this weekend if we can get a group going.

We do newbie VoG, CE and first-timer Skolas kills to help people get their Year One Triumphs.

LTWood12

Sounds good! I'm EST as well. Starting in 1 hour I'll be doing Trials for a while but I'll be around tonight and this weekend if we can get a group going.

We do newbie VoG, CE and first-timer Skolas kills to help people get their Year One Triumphs.

Holy shit it's already almost Trials time again. I need to do some actual work for the next 45 minutes.

Conezays

Hey guys, I'm Level 25 currently and looking to do some strikes, raids, co-op stuff with GAF (trying to fulfill all triumphs, haha). Feel free me to add me at the same username on Xbox One if you got time today. Cheers.

I love raiding, but haven't done enough because of all the new character hype and PVP. You see me on, just send a message.

Everyone should have the Bones! Best best best best best best best exotic in the game. I hope to see more like it in TTK.

I'm always down to raid if I'm on when you guys are. Ran the NF with you and Navy Bean the other day so I'm in. Although during weekdays I usually don't get on until around 7pm EST. I wouldn't mind picking up some raid gear for my new hunter.

What, am I like chop liver here? Didn't even make top 20, forget about it....

Always down to help with Raids, no one seems to like to do them anymore, trials this, poe that, Iron Bananas. Geez, what's a brother gotta do to get his raid on.

I can help with some raid stuff if I'm on. Not sure what time you all are looking to do things. Dmh should be able to solo everything himself!!!

Phenom, Narmer and Myself are going to raid today, VoG Hard about 6pm CST. Who wants to join?!

1) Me
2) Phenom
3) Narmer
4)
5)
6)

Hey guys, I'm Level 25 currently and looking to do some strikes, raids, co-op stuff with GAF (trying to fulfill all triumphs, haha). Feel free me to add me at the same username on Xbox One if you got time today. Cheers.
Join our Xbox group/ clan on bungie.net too, the link is in the OP. Will be happy to run with you if I see you on.

Eastern, you'd be our 3rd. Do you meet the requirements (level 34 bladedancer, sunsinger, or defender with 365 weapons (arc shotgun is preferred)?)
Yes on all accounts. I have a 365 gjallahorn, vision of confluence and found verdict. What class do you prefer I bring? So 10 pm est? I'll quickly convert that to my time:)

Converter tells me its 12 pm currently. Is that right?

Kyoufu

Actually if Rumble is the daily pvp while IB is running, this might be a good chance for me to try to both get Rumble wins (I have....1) as well as try to knock out the Thorn void kills since a lot of people who are terrible at the pvp (like me) will hop in for the daily just for rewards. I may give this a go when I get home.

You see... the lag from Iron Banner makes even regular Crucible playlists a lagfest so success in Rumble is slim when shots don't connect. :(

lt519

Yes on all accounts. I have a 365 gjallahorn, vision of confluence and found verdict. What class do you prefer I bring? So 10 pm est? I'll quickly convert that to my time:)

Word, doesn't matter, you haven't done it before have you? Supposed to be a newbie run. Been busy today at work forgot what I've been posting.

Class doesn't matter, bring your bread and butter. I have all three so I can work around whatever we don't have.

Seriously, fuck hunters. Doing The story again with checkpoints is a major pain, and since they take so long to regenerate health, it's unbearable.

Every time I try to levek the alt I ask myself how could I play this crap for 100 hours

Word, doesn't matter, you haven't done it before have you? Supposed to be a newbie run. Been busy today at work forgot what I've been posting.

Class doesn't matter, bring your bread and butter. I have all three so I can work around whatever we don't have.
Did it once but never finished.

Bones of Eao and the quadruple jump came through during the PoE 34 boss last night, its so much easier to avoid Urrox's rage as a hunter now. Soo good.

It also made the VoG jump puzzle AND the stupid jump into the Gorgon chest cave much easier to manage (not that they were difficult to begin with).

Next I plan on trying sword on Crota and seeing how much easier it will be since I'll be able to jump to the Crota platform from a farther distance.

Can anything think of any other scenarios Bones of Eao comes in handy?

lt519

Bones of Eao and the quadruple jump came through during the PoE 34 boss last night, its so much easier to avoid Urrox's rage as a hunter now. Soo good.

It also made the VoG jump puzzle AND the stupid jump into the Gorgon chest cave much easier to manage (not that they were difficult to begin with).

Next I plan on trying sword on Crota and seeing how much easier it will be since I'll be able to jump to the Crota platform from a farther distance.

Can anything think of any other scenarios Bones of Eao comes in handy?

Hunters may be able to get up to the chandelier now in the Valus strike. Not that anyone cares about that thing. Quadruple jump the thrall pits for CE raid to solo/cheese from the top of the lamp? Can anyone quadruple jump the bridge on CE now?

Did it once but never finished.

See ya tonight then, orion is gonna run with us at 10 I believe.

Top Bottom