• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

noomi

Anyone not doing Trials or IB interested in teaming up for skirmish? So far doing much better than yesterday with just a single loss but that's because I came in the middle of the match and ended up losing just by 300.

I need a ton of skirmish matches, maybe we can team up this weekend?

LiK

Anyone not doing Trials or IB interested in teaming up for skirmish? So far doing much better than yesterday with just a single loss but that's because I came in the middle of the match and ended up losing just by 300.

giving up on Trials and IB today?

Pretty sure I have done this before, but wanted to pass it through GafCheck first.

On my way to a friends place in another city. He has a PS4.

If I add a sub account to his machine with my name etc, will my digital Destiny be downloadable/installable on his machine while I visit? I think I have done this before with Battlefield on his machine a while back.

I wouldn't mind playing a bit this weekend while visiting when he is occupied with other stuff.

phen0m24

The game is not worth the time, and I've been too blind all this time, playing for the social element regardless of the game actually being enjoyable. I feel like an idiot for keeping falling in the loot bait all of this time. I can't even play this right and all the time I've been just the load being carried. Every time I have accompanied somebody to an activity I've felt like crap, unable to do anything on my own.

I hate this game. I simply have deluded myself into thinking it was enjoyable because it did not feel as a lonely experience. But it is not worth the rage, suffering and cost of replacing hardware. I have deleted the install already, wiped most of the accumulated friend list and I will resell the game while they still take it.

It was fun while it lasted. But it just makes me feel miserable and hate it more than actually loving it.

It got worse as hours / days accumulated.

First things first. I love every October in New Jersey, as that is our apple season. Nothing better than a Stayman Winesap apple. OH MAN
Second. I have a SERIOUS love hate relationship with this game. I am your twin, even down to the classic explosive over reactions. I've deleted the game once already.
I HATE PVP. I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. I hate that I suck. I hate that even after practicing I SUCK.

But you know what? It's fun. It feels good. The people here are the BEST PEOPLE I've ever played with. I've lived on the earth 4 decades. (gulp) And I've not played with a finer bunch. They keep me coming back. Maybe they keep me young, or I make them insane. ;)

Take the time you need and breathe and even vent or rant. But realize it is only a game, if it frustrates you don't play, but also realize that those times that suck?

A 28 or 32 that goes sideways
A raid that doesn't end
A PvP round that you end negative

They feel sucky if you let them.

I played with Navy and Purg3 the other night. Nightfall. We wiped because I had no elemental primaries. I felt like crap. But we tried a few times and made it through. (YEAH!!!) Believe it or not, they haven't deleted me from their friends list.
yet hehehe

Once Fig Noomi and I did Skolas for FIVE HOURS. FIVE. Just Skolas. It was AWFUL. I incurred the wrath of Fig. She was getting really rattled. Noomi had to work the next day. That was not a great experience. But we hung in there and got it done!!!, and I would go to the mat for either of them. That takes a special kind of crazy. These people are my kind of crazy. I HEART DGAF.

Give it time, play some other games, and come back when you feel like it. I get the feeling we'll still be here. ;)

Congrats man!!! On your job! Anything good? Are you a PvP instructor for helpless noobs?
like me
:p

LiK

Agreed

I have yet to have a bad experience running content with GAF

You guys are legitimately awesome

the only bad is if we get a non-Gaffer who's a friend of a Gaffer and might be a POS. only happened a few times months ago for me. hopefully they quit the game.

Namikaze1

Lol! Guy sent me a message telling me to fuck off. He was sniping throughout the whole match. I go around, hit with two Hawkmoon shots, he goes Bladedancer, and I pull out Party Crasher to finish him off. I wave at his corpse afterwards.

Well, I guess it's from that. Or me killing him as heavy is a single second away from spawning and stealing their heavy soon after.
I need a ton of skirmish matches, maybe we can team up this weekend?
Sure. :)

giving up on Trials and IB today?
Not giving up. I don't do trials till in the evening. Let everyone rushing for Mercury go first you know.

LiK

Lol! Guy sent me a message telling me to fuck off. He was sniping throughout the whole match. I go around, hit with a two Hawkmoon shots, he goes Bladedancer, and I pull out Party Crasher to finish him off. I wave at his corpse afterwards.

Well, I guess it's from that. Or me killing him as heavy is a single second away from spawning and stealing their heavy soon after.

Sure. :)

Not giving up. I don't do trials till in the evening. Let everyone rushing for Mercury go first you know.

oh ok, I might be on later. not sure yet.

phen0m24

Just one other thing while we're DGAF-bragging.

A can of Red Bull is an expensive proposition. It's like $3 unless on sale. But people here hand them out like candy.

FREAKING AMAZING these people.

Who does that? I mean, that's stuff I've learned in church growing up. Be nice to other people. Put them first. But nobody does.

Except DGAF does. Thumbs freaking way up, peeps. :)

SonComet

That happens a lot when you play with better players than you.

I have a good k/d in Trials but when I played with Unstabie and Rubenov I was like running to kill one dude per match (most times because my super) lol
I generally hold my own in the crucible and when playing trials with friends. When playing with Unstable and Wicked I barely get a kill. Then I get desperate to do something and show I'm not worthless. Then I make a lot of bad mistakes and my aim goes haywire.

Pretty sure I have done this before, but wanted to pass it through GafCheck first.

On my way to a friends place in another city. He has a PS4.

If I add a sub account to his machine with my name etc, will my digital Destiny be downloadable/installable on his machine while I visit? I think I have done this before with Battlefield on his machine a while back.

I wouldn't mind playing a bit this weekend while visiting when he is occupied with other stuff.
Yeah, just add your PSN to his console and you can download and play all your content.

Give it time, play some other games, and come back when you feel like it. I get the feeling we'll still be here. ;)

After the purge of characters and contacts I made, clan included, you can bet it is going to take some time. If I ever get to show my hideous face after a mass deletion and the shame involved now.

Namikaze1

That's four straight wins in skirmish. Down to like 35 games left. I don't know. Let me go check.

Fake edit: just 30 more. Should have it over the next week.

Real edit: and 46 for salvage...

rNilla

After the purge I made, clan included, you can bet it is going to take some time. If I ever get to show my hideous face after a mass deletion and the shame involved now.
No shame. You aren't the first and won't be the last.

I spent 50-60 hours running Dragon Strikes by myself and unapologetically like No Land Beyond. Most of us have been playing and discussing this game for almost a full year. Can't be shamed by the shameful.

Anastasis

I'm trying to improve in PvP and I'm using Hawkmoon. I feel like I'm shooting too wildly at times. Is there a range of headshot percentage I should be aiming for? Im just checking on destiny tracker and wondering what I can learn from the data. Thanks!

LiK

I spent 50-60 hours running Dragon Strikes by myself and unapologetically like No Land Beyond. Most of us have been playing and discussing this game for almost a full year. Can't be shamed by the shameful.

LOL, your avatar is amazing

Namikaze1

A quick question:

Who here cares about that true skill crap? I honestly don't care about it. I'm having fun playing Crucible as a Titan. Not so much with the other classes but that's mainly because I spent most of my Destiny time on my Titan.

LiK

A quick question:

Who here cares about that true skill crap? I honestly don't care about it. I'm having fun playing Crucible as a Titan. Not so much with the other classes but that's mainly because I spent most of my Destiny time on my Titan.

I don't care, I just play whatever class I feel like playing with. as long as I'm having fun, I don't care what I play.

A quick question:

I spent my entire time playing as a Warlock, it's the only class I know so much about. And I don't care about true skill, I care about true fun.

noomi

A quick question:

Nah... I don;t care about that. I looked at it once, and I don't even remember what the score was anymore.

Just one other thing while we're DGAF-bragging.

A can of Red Bull is an expensive proposition. It's like $3 unless on sale. But people here hand them out like candy.

FREAKING AMAZING these people.

Who does that? I mean, that's stuff I've learned in church growing up. Be nice to other people. Put them first. But nobody does.

Except DGAF does. Thumbs freaking way up, peeps. :)

Speaking of red bull, I have an extra can in my fridge if any of you ps4 to xbone nuts (kidding) need a code to speed up leveling alts. Just shoot me an Xbox message or reply here.

Not sure how many of you there are but it seems to be more the past couple days. May as well speed things along

A quick question:

I'm nowhere good enough to worry about that kind of stuff. I was stat-obsessed when I played BF3. Shit's too stressful...

Namikaze1

I spent my entire time playing as a Warlock, it's the only class I know so much about. And I don't care about true skill, I care about true fun.
I know so much about my Titan. It's hard for me to play as my other two guardians due to having spent so much time learning how to skate with my Titan.

I don't care, I just play whatever class I feel like playing with. as long as I'm having fun, I don't care what I play.
But you like Titans more right? Right Titan bro?

Nah... I don;t care about that. I looked at it once, and I don't even remember what the score was anymore.
I recently saw mine a few weeks back. I was like eh. I don't care about leaderboards. It's all about the FUN for me.

lcd

Normal is definitely the way to go for first time, we had two first timers run from the Bad to the Xbone group/clan and it worked great on normal VoG, even was able to have one of them run Relic against the Templar successfully :)

That was me (GT: omote75). Was a great run and still thank you guys for helping us through it, you explained the mechanics so well it made things run smooth. Plus I got VoC and Found Verdict from the Templar so I should do better killing oracles on Mars/Venus if we run it again sometime.

After the purge I made, clan included, you can bet it is going to take some time. If I ever get to show my hideous face after a mass deletion and the shame involved now.

Aint no shame involved apples! We're all friendly here and there's 26 OTs to prove it. I'd love to play with you sometime, and I'm sure many others here would too.

I was playing alone with hopes of getting a drop from strikes / crucible. Even on PvE it had been some since I could keep up with the rest of people I'd play with, lacking any decent weaponry. I'd say that Ruthless was the only gaffer I've managed to feel familiar and comfortable playing with him. So leaving Destiny is going to mean leaving some people I liked. Which probably is what kept me going on, even with all the effort it took for arranging every non matchmaked event.

Namikaze1

I'm nowhere good enough to worry about that kind of stuff. I was stat-obsessed when I played BF3. Shit's too stressful...
I was stat-obsessed with Bad Company 2. I remember getting mad at myself every time I went below a certain K/D. It was only after I took a 6 month break from it and return to it did I began to play the game for fun and not for some stat. And funny enough, I began to do better in that game.

I need Bad Company 2 in my life again. ;__;

OkayRene

I have a question out to anyone with experience backing up their PS4 HD: can you backup to an existing USB hard drive with stuff on it, or does it need to be wiped and formatted specifically to be a backup unit?

I know so much about my Titan. It's hard for me to play as my other two guardians due to having spent so much time learning how to skate with my Titan

Yeah, it's like I know what to do with my Titan and Hunter, but I've come so comfortable with my Warlock that I can run Voidwalker in hard PVE content and not die all the time, I just can't wait to be a fucking Sith Lord lol.

LiK

I was stat-obsessed with Bad Company 2. I remember getting mad at myself every time I went below a certain K/D. It was only after I took a 6 month break from it and return to it did I began to play the game for fun and not for some stat. And funny enough, I began to do better in that game.

I need Bad Company 2 in my life again. ;__;

it was bad for me with OG Counter-Strike 1.6. never raged as much as that game. glad I'm over that k/d shit.

phen0m24

After the purge of characters and contacts I made, clan included, you can bet it is going to take some time. If I ever get to show my hideous face after a mass deletion and the shame involved now.

Wouldn't be any worse than me. :) Zoba/Twilight has done the same thing. You're not alone. :) No worries.

Apple. See this dork above me? Yeah, I would have done strikes with him, just so we could laugh about it later. But see he wanted that Hopscotch for himself. He didn't want me. I feel rejected. LOL Nilla you punk where's my Hopscotch!! :p

Speaking of red bull, I have an extra can in my fridge if any of you ps4 to xbone nuts (kidding) need a code to speed up leveling alts. Just shoot me an Xbox message or reply here.

Not sure how many of you there are but it seems to be more the past couple days. May as well speed things along

Thanks Thirsty! I have one on my char already and a tab in front of me. I'm good, amigo. But I do appreciate the offer!! :)

Top Bottom