• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Deku Tree

I think the exotic drop rates were higher in the first few weeks of Destiny and then Bungie stealth nerfed them.

I remember people during week 2 telling me they got a Suros by leveling up the cryptarch. I don't think I've ever seen an exotic drop for myself that way.

I think the exotic drop rates were higher in the first few weeks of Destiny and then Bungie stealth nerfed them.

I remember people during week 2 telling me they got a Suros by leveling up the cryptarch. I don't think I've ever seen an exotic drop for myself that way.

You've never received a legendary engram from leveling up that dick head?

Think my first exotic was a Truth from a legendary Ingram back when game launched.

I think at that time the RNG chose those Gaurdians that would receive the Truth multiple times or the Ghallajorn. Unfortunatly, I have now received 7-8 Truths and 0 Ghallys.

Feels bad man.

#teamforeverghallajornless

SnakeEyes

Banned
That's painful to read.
Must be painful to read then, that my first 2 Exotics were both Gjallarhorns :D

no
no
no
no
yes
yes
Cleveland-Falls-Out-of-House-in-Bathtub.gif

Think my first exotic was a Truth from a legendary Ingram back when game launched.

I think at that time the RNG chose those Gaurdians that would receive the Truth multiple times or the Ghallajorn. Unfortunatly, I have now received 7-8 Truths and 0 Ghallys.

Feels bad man.

#teamforeverghallajornless

I am sort of still on the team. I was the president and CEO for a while until I got a horn on XB1.

But playing on XB is like being a second class citizen around here. Even though the controller is far superior. Too bad other stuff is inferior.

LiK

First Exotic drop was a G-Horn. Came from a purple engram, iirc. I had a pretty bad drought after that. My Titan didn't have good luck and I only played one class until I made the other ones to get Platinum.

That reference always gives me a chuckle.

Well the OT was updated a little bit. And we've also updated the grimoire to include a bit of what some of the members of the community thought was one of their most memorable moment of DGAF/Destiny. Funny how each person responded differently which makes these answers great.

GrimoireOT.png
Here's the link to my whole book cover for when I (never) get my own grimoire card: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...er%2520Knight%2520Color%2520Final%2520Max.jpg

WipedOut

I am sort of still on the team. I was the president and CEO for a while until I got a horn on XB1.

But playing on XB is like being a second class citizen around here. Even though the controller is far superior. Too bad other stuff is inferior.
Wait what? What's so inferior?

First exotic drop was the truth from a purple

That reference always gives me a chuckle.

Well the OT was updated a little bit. And we've also updated the grimoire to include a bit of what some of the members of the community thought was one of their most memorable moment of DGAF/Destiny. Funny how each person responded differently which makes these answers great.

GrimoireOT.png

Oh fucking bravo. Well done for making me laugh out loud at dinner. I'm in a public place.

Awesome. This is great.

It's okay, Todd. A lot of people had the coins and bought Sunbreakers that week. If only they knew Xur would sell that several times till TDB launched.

---------------------------------

Raise your hand if you bought Sunbreakers over Gjallarhorn that week. I know some of you did. Raise them up high!

I did. Worst decision ever.

Meneses

My first exotic was the Truth. Then Xur sold Gjallarhorn and I thought "I already got Truth, i'm never gonna need another exotic rocket launcher" and didn't buy it.

LiK

Hehe, people reminding me of Todd's quest for Praxic Fire. I don't think he ever got it from an actual drop.

My first exotics were definitely Sunbreakers and red death, for gear/weapon. Then Ice Breaker. That was my favorite exotic for a long time!

My first exotic was the Gjallarhorn. It came from a purple engram a few days after Xur sold it. I didn't level it up and didn't see what draw it had over regular rocket launchers; so ikt sat in the vault for about a month before I realized how blessed I had been.

Sign me up for the long and painful list of people who decided not to buy the Horn.

Think my first exotic was either Crest of Alpha Lupi or Pocket Infinity. God it disappointed me when I came back to the game and learned Pocket Infinity was complete fucking shit now.

nowai

I've had an NL Shadow sitting in my postmaster for a while now. What should I reroll it with?

PXycEpO.png

I rolled one with full auto and zen moment with hand-laid stock.

Was aiming for an auto rifle style scout. It worked in theory, until I realized that with that setup it had the same range as Hawkmoon and worse range than Thorn.....dotdotdot

It may be nice if/when the weapon balance nerfs exotic hand cannons, but for now it's good for tickling people in PvP. So you know, that's something.

vctor182

I had to work a lot for my first exotic, it was pocket infinity, I remember doing the first part of the Nexus nightfall over and over again with a rare fusion rifle (which I also used it a month later for the Thorn bounty). Suros was the first exotic I bought from Xur and we were like peanut butter & jelly <3. The only non raid legendary that I still have is The Swarm. I regret to this day dismantling my Lord High Fixer

Combined Arms has gone from garbage tier to my favorite mode. It's a welcome respite from Thorn and TLW.

I hadn't played Bastion in probably 6 months until tonight. Not gonna lie, felt like it was a TTK map I was just discovering :p

We should start a CA train and embrace long zoom scopes.

My first few crucible games were all on Bastion. It almost completely poisoned me on the PvP, I have some rage posts in the contemporary OT.

darthbob

Had a Hopscotch Pilgrim drop for me a while ago, never did much with it, but I heard recently that it's somewhat sought after due to it's stats.

l0Q95Aw.png

This a good roll, or should I spend motes to re-roll? Also, what perks would be best?

adin75

I lucked out and finally landed a Hopscotch in my first Dragon for the day.

After about 40+ re-rolls I have;

Rad Dot - ORS
Focus Lens FLS2
SureShot IS

Grave Robber

Speed Reload
Quickdraw
Smallbore

Hidden Hand

I'm reasonably happy with it, I could do without grave robber though, but I question if it's worth burning more motes to get something better.

What say you DGAF? Good enough or continue burning?

Had a Hopscotch Pilgrim drop for me a while ago, never did much with it, but I heard recently that it's somewhat sought after due to it's stats.

l0Q95Aw.png

This a good roll, or should I spend motes to re-roll? Also, what perks would be best?

What's the bottom perk on that middle tree? If it's hand laid stock or braced frame, you've got a big time winner on your hands.

noomi

Heading back to OT3 to see who chose to skip buying Gjallarhorn.

Digging up the dirt eh?

l0Q95Aw.png

I've been reading a lot about it, and it seems the best rolls are:

- any scope you like
- outlaw, feeding frenzy, third eye
- braced frame, hand laid stock
- hidden hand, head seaker

It's all about maxing stability, and keeping a high range. Rolled mine with red dot ores, third eye, braced frame, hidden hand. I have max stability and probably the highest range you can get with re-rolling so I'm pretty happy... 400 weapon parts though.

With Max stability, head seaker is harder to use since you are mostly getting straight up head shots.

nowai

Combined Arms has gone from garbage tier to my favorite mode. It's a welcome respite from Thorn and TLW.

I hadn't played Bastion in probably 6 months until tonight. Not gonna lie, felt like it was a TTK map I was just discovering :p

We should start a CA train and embrace long zoom scopes.

I play Combined Arms almost exclusively when it's up due to people using legendary scouts.

...sadly Thorn still works fantastically.

Top Bottom