• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

darthbob

Digging up the dirt eh?

I've been reading a lot about it, and it seems the best rolls are:

- any scope you like
- outlaw, feeding frenzy, third eye
- braced frame, hand laid stock
- hidden hand, head seaker

It's all about maxing stability, and keeping a high range. Rolled mine with red dot ores, third eye, braced frame, hidden hand. I have max stability and probably the highest range you can get with re-rolling so I'm pretty happy... 400 weapon parts though.

With Max stability, head seaker is harder to use since you are mostly getting straight up head shots.

Thanks for the tips. I'll spend some motes soon to optimize it for Trials.

I'd say close but no cigar. Hand laid stock or braced frame are arguably the most important to have.

Yeah, looked at some videos of the thing in action and they do look essential for best play.

Namikaze1

Remember this? *troll face* (picture is not mine)
uqapst.jpg

noomi

Thanks for the tips. I'll spend some motes soon to optimize it for Trials.

No problem :)

Also I should mention that braced frame is arguably better than hand laid stock since it doesn't affect range. You do however lose 6 bullets (2 bursts with braced frame), but that's really not bad at all.

Best of luck on your rolls, may RNG have mercy on you.

I'll jump in if you need one. I'm looking to do 3

Sweeeeet! Let's do it. Join on TheWorthyEdge.

Also, something I brought up a couple days ago. The Taken King OT. Ive been thinking about it and I will do it but I'm not feeling a new thread obviously. I will make it and then post it in the latest Destiny OT. If someone deems me unworthy (HA!) then I won't do it. I made the Helldivers OT so you can see what I can do. Thanks! I'll make it badass.

uqapst.jpg

I wasn't around in the OT (or GAF at all) at that time, but I would probably have convinced the Warlocks to buy the gear (just as my RL friend that I started the game with). My exact quote at the time was: Haha a rocket launcher, this game is all about auto rifles *whips out Shingen C*

The noobness was strong.

Arrrammis

uqapst.jpg
Oh yeah, then everyone abused the material trade thing to get tons of strange coins super quickly? Good times.

Anyone interested in a crucible train for combined arms? Probably my new favorite mode because fewer shotguns and thorns.

Gong

I've spent a fortune in glimmer and weapon parts re-rolling two Hopscotch Pilgrims this past couple of days, and after testing it out in crucible this evening I'm delighted with it.

First HP:

Red Dot-OAS

Feeding Frenzy

Braced Frame

Hidden Hand

Narmer told me it was a keeper and it certainly is. The next one isn't too bad:

Red Dot-ORES

Feeding Frenzy

Braced Frame

Hidden Hand

Now, who has a GK CP so I can farm some glimmer? ;-)

Sweeeeet! Let's do it. Join on TheWorthyEdge.

Also, something I brought up a couple days ago. The Taken King OT. Ive been thinking about it and I will do it but I'm not feeling a new thread obviously. I will make it and then post it in the latest Destiny OT. If someone deems me unworthy (HA!) then I won't do it. I made the Helldivers OT so you can see what I can do. Thanks! I'll make it badass.

Alright hold on. In only looking to do one tho. If you do it more than one time on the same character you dont get anything right? I only have one lv 34.

adin75

I've been reading a lot about it, and it seems the best rolls are:

- any scope you like
- outlaw, feeding frenzy, third eye
- braced frame, hand laid stock
- hidden hand, head seaker

It's all about maxing stability, and keeping a high range. Rolled mine with red dot ores, third eye, braced frame, hidden hand. I have max stability and probably the highest range you can get with re-rolling so I'm pretty happy... 400 weapon parts though.

With Max stability, head seaker is harder to use since you are mostly getting straight up head shots.

Dammit, looks like I'm back to re-rolling tonight :(

Namikaze1

Are the Sunbreakers worth it even if I don't plan on playing as a Sunbro 100% of the time?

Looks like gloves for my warlock then. Typical as I just bought some legendary ones last night from Dead Orbit.

Bummer. Xur really has nothing I want :(
^^^How wrong this guy was! LOL
Helm of Inmost Light... No Armamentarium or Helm of Saint-14 :-\

Oh well I'll get it anyway since that is a sick Striker helm and I can see use for Striker in the Atheron fight.

Time to go gamble on my Exotic Engram...

EDIT - ARMAMENTARIUM, GREAT SUCCESS
No good Hunter gear from Xur this week. I bought the arm piece for my eventual Sunsinger Warlock, though!
So happy he is back selling the Sunbreakers.

They're ideal for me.

Now to get 13 strange coins. Sigh.

Any tips for easily getting them...?
I think I'll buy a Sun Breaker and make a Warlock. Shit looks dope.
Wait, Gjallarhorn is only 17 and not 23?

That's, oh. interesting. need to update stuff.

Might buy it. Heavy Weapons cut down on boss kill times...
^^^^You made a wise choice, Hawkian.
I am going to pass and save for better stuff.
Is that launcher really worth buying?
^^^Yes

Some replies to that quote:
For pvp, heavy machine guns get a lot more mileage. For PvE, I suppose it'd be worth it, but a secondary or primary would see more use due to heavy ammo rarity, so you'd be better off aiming for something else.
Personally wouldn't use an exotic heavy weapon. I'd go for an exotic primary or secondary just because you use them more.

Back to other posts:
Bleh. Xur's stock is pretty lackluster.
The choice seems easy. Since you can only have 1 exotic weapon equipped wouldn't you prefer a primary?
^^^In reply to someone conflicted over what to buy

I've spent a fortune in glimmer and weapon parts re-rolling two Hopscotch Pilgrims this past couple of days, and after testing it out in crucible this evening I'm delighted with it.

First HP:

Red Dot-OAS

Feeding Frenzy

Braced Frame

Hidden Hand

Narmer told me it was a keeper and it certainly is. The next one isn't too bad:

Red Dot-ORES

Feeding Frenzy

Braced Frame

Hidden Hand

Now, who has a GK CP so I can farm some glimmer? ;-)

Contrary to popular belief, I know my shit.

adin75

I'm not even sure what my first exotic was. Maybe Alpha Lupi for my Titan? I think my first weapon was Icebreaker, didn't have the coins to buy anything when Xur visited with the Horn.

Biggy

Can't remember what my first exotic was, but my latest exotic is a hawkmoon which dropped in crucible earlier playing with gaffers!

Namikaze1

Lol! Math gambled on the engram as well and got Armamentarium. Looks like she was trying to get Alpha Lupi for her hunter like fig.

Top Bottom