• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Realized I need to get my alts up ASAP.
Titan at proud lvl 8 atm. Fun play. :)
Saw Xur sells helmet engrams. Had a couple (70+) motes at hand. Tried my luck.

Results?

Ram and Saint! Huehuehue.

giphy.gif

Brb, gotta buy a lottery ticket. :D

Also, which should I upgrade first with regards to upcoming Weapon Tuning? MIDA or Hard Light?

hew9753

I am up for a Hard CE run, but you'd have to be ok with cheesing (meaning not doing anything) unless we get a few more.

In about 1/2 hour I'll be available if you all need another person for CE Hard. I've done normal mode once so don't expect an expert. And if you want to cheese it that's cool with me. :)

Destinytracker.com measures it. Don't ask me how, all I know is they do.

I think it's a bit like the ranking system in Halo where a number of consecutive wins will rank you up, but a loss has more negative impact than a win.

From what I've seen I don't think it's like like a summary or an avarage of the player's combined stats, but in some reason based more on the amount of games (or consecutive wins) played.

I am around, so to anyone wanting to do a Hard Crota run, just message or send a FR on PSN (ReignofSparrows). No experience necessary. Just have to be at least level 30.

Nuszka

Came from work very late, think i will not even turn my console on, if anyone streams up here i would be grateful, like falling asleep while watching trials lol.

Invis

Would it be worth getting the core game for the Xbox One? I could get it for roughly $16 at Best Buy right now but I'm not sure if I would be locked out of most content if I don't have the two expansions. I've played the trial and enjoyed it but I'd really like to try out PvP but I can't with the trail unfortunately.

About to fire up a Hard Crota run, so, again, just message on PSN (Reignofsparrows) if you see this and want to hop in. I really hate checking Gaf as I am playing, hah.

It should be fairly quick, but you will be more than welcome to hop into one the open spots we will have.

Daemul

Very smooth sailing again on a Friday night, GGs indeed.

Got my true skill up to 42, edging ever closer to that 50. Aww yiss.

My true skill was at 45 until I stopped playing Destiny for 3 months and let my little sister create a character to play the game, at the time I didn't realise that your true skill was shared amongst all your characters, so my sisters terrible PvP performances wrecked my true skill score and dropped it down to the teens lol. I've managed to get it back up to 32 currently but the struggle to undo the damage my sister caused is real.

Daemul

Lol, found this on r/crucible playbook

Regular crucible matchmaking: finds players of relatively equal skill and relatively good connection and puts them on the other team. Finds horrible players on the Starbucks WiFi and puts them on your team.

Trials matchmaking: prioritizes connection. Makes sure to only find pro players when your card is at 7 wins.

Iron Banner matchmaking: matches solo players against fireteams and gives host to the player with the most unstable connection.

Deku Tree

Yeah I get that, I meant what that true skill is actually based on.
I suppose its sort of like an average of all the individual components/stats that get tracked.

Nah. It's math that is kept secret so that players don't try to manipulate it.
But it's very understandable to people that do math.

I am convinced that True Skill is essentially "Number of games played and win percentage." People who play a lot and win a lot have much higher TrueSkill rankings than people who play less or lose more often.

TrueSkill definitely takes into account all your other stats using some secret formula but that additional information is a very correction to your TrueSkill compared to your number of games played and your win percentage.

For example, it looks like WTFisPoshy is much better at Destiny PvP than TripleWreck but TripleWreck is the highest ranked player across all systems on DestinyTracker because he plays so much and wins almost every game.

Zoba abandoned that account a while back and started playing on this account:

http://destinystatus.com/psn/TwilightGap

He has three characters including two 34s.

The last post I saw from Zoba was in the TTK thread where he made a long post saying he was no longer excited about Destiny, and he was over it or something like that.

My PSN account is suspended and my "former clan" blacklisted me after i took a break. The camel has had enough of Destiny.

Top Bottom