• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

nOoblet16

number of games played and won are the two most important factor for true skills, number of games being the most important. I have a win percentage of close to 80% in trials, most of my kills are sniper headshots and I finish most of my matches with 2+ KDR (with odd flop every now and then which brings my average KDR below 2)....but my trueskill ranking is only 25-26 because I haven't played as many matches (some 300 trials matches vs ~2400 of FarNorthLegand who is the highest ranked trials player)

nOoblet16

Sony suspended it not Bungie.

umERP8g.jpg

EDIT: Sons of Mithras welcome thee, teach us master

That sucks. Perma or temp?

I bought the digital TK edition after E3 and then Bungie released the only reason anyone would do that for $20 less without mentioning any compensation for those who were sticking with the digitial edition. It made no sense to leave the money sitting there, so I refunded the purchase. Sony then goes "ayy, where da money you just gave us?"

The account is locked for "disputing charges" until i return the funds. Maybe that's commonplace in business, but it's incredibly shady to force the consumer to buy their account back. If it wasn't for that Horizon game, I'd have been done with Sony then and there.

Moral: don't do digital preorders

Lima

I bought the Digital TK edition after E3 and then Bungie released the only reason anyone would do that for $20 less without mentioning any compensation for those who were sticking with the digitial edition. It made no sense to leave the money sitting there so I refunded the purchase. Sony then goes "ayy, where da money you just gave us?"

The account is locked for "disputing charges" until i return the funds. Maybe that's commonplace in business but it's incredibly shady to force the consumer to buy their account back. If it wasn't for that Horizon game, I'd have been done with Sony then and there.

The moral is don't be dumb and maybe get in touch with Sony to cancel a pre-order before refunding money for a product you agreed to pay for.

darthbob

I bought the digital TK edition after E3 and then Bungie released the only reason anyone would do that for $20 less without mentioning any compensation for those who were sticking with the digitial edition. It made no sense to leave the money sitting there so I refunded the purchase. Sony then goes "ayy, where da money you just gave us?"

Sounds like you did a chargeback, which would definitely cause an account suspension. Was Playstation support unwilling to cancel the preorder and refund the charge?

Frenden

Banned
I bought the digital TK edition after E3 and then Bungie released the only reason anyone would do that for $20 less without mentioning any compensation for those who were sticking with the digitial edition. It made no sense to leave the money sitting there, so I refunded the purchase. Sony then goes "ayy, where da money you just gave us?"

The account is locked for "disputing charges" until i return the funds. Maybe that's commonplace in business, but it's incredibly shady to force the consumer to buy their account back. If it wasn't for that Horizon game, I'd have been done with Sony then and there.

I'm in a similar boat. I bought the digital edition and didn't feel like going through the hassle of cancelling the preorder with Sony for fear something would go wrong with my Destiny account/license. I'm resigned to be out the $20.

nOoblet16

Sony's refund policy restrictions on pre orders are stupid, they wouldn't pull that sort of shit here in EU because the law doesn't allow it. Unfortunately for me I have to buy most of my shit from US Psn store because that's where my account is from (atleast things are cheaper there)

I think I have the worst vault RNG of all time. Nothing but shards and gauntlets.

Not a great loot run overall, but congrats to the winners of Fatebringer and Mythoclast.

Thanks DGaf, it was fun.

Gammacide

I started winning a lot more when I switched out my Thorn for this. It's so good because the reduced mag increases the chances of the lucky bullet, and it's good at finding heads
For those without a Badger-CCL maybe. Fully ascended the thing is a long range killing machine. Couldn't love it more.

Lima

They wouldn't refund the money added to my wallet.

Then you should have called again to get a different person on the phone. You are smart enough and spend enough time on GAF to have seen the threads about what happens when you do a chargeback with Sony.

Then you should have called again to get a different person on the phone. You are smart enough and spend enough time on GAF to have seen the threads about what happens when you do a chargeback with Sony.

i don't have a phone and i don't know anything about chargebacks.

lesson learned though. perhaps next time i'll be in a better state of mind to do some research.

SGRX

I think I have the worst vault RNG of all time. Nothing but shards and gauntlets.

Not a great loot run overall, but congrats to the winners of Fatebringer and Mythoclast.

Thanks DGaf, it was fun.

Thanks for the run! Mostly shards and duplicates here as well, but I'm just going to look at it as one run closer to VoC dropping for me.

lt519

Congrats to DNAbro and plantedunicorn! Awesome Skolas School run, neither had done PoE 35 before and we did it without wiping once the entire PoE! 1 hour 15 minutes and it was cake! Some of the best teamwork I've seen in Destiny to date to have to two new guys roll through PoE 35 like that, amazing! Edit: no hunters too, suck it hunters! (that's my main class)

Graduates:
Sengar
KINGofCRA5H-
Reluctant-hero (courtesy of drizz and el_bomb)
samphire
Unknown_Hero (courtesy of Soss and Reign)
DNAbro
plantedunicorn (voa127)

Up next at 10 PM:
ori0n378e
Dave_6??

Top Bottom