• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Thank you RNGesus! I had enough Motes for just ONE exotic helmet engram for my Titan on the Xbox One and it was the Helm of Saint-14 with a great roll of Intellect, thank you RNGESUS!

So. Went to the dog park, normal day.

Then a pitbull attacks my dog. I, like a good dad, jump into the fray and literally pry the dog's jaws off my dog and choke it until it stops. Pitbull tears my hand up in the process.

Luckily, I'm a big, strong boy so I was able to throw a 100lb dog off of my dog with only minor injuries to my dog. I, unfortunately, ended up a bit worse. I have some pretty bad puncture wounds and some rips. Cops came, animal control shows up. They're taking photos of my injuries. The whole nine yards.

After seeing that my dog was ok, relatively, you know what thought runs through my head?

My left hand is torn up, and that's just responsible for movement. If it was my right hand, my aiming hand, that would have been way worse.

Destiny, it is an addiction.

Edit: also, I'll be on playing destiny earlier than expected. Had to cancel business meetings because my dog is dopes up on painkillers and so am I.

This shall be a new hard mode tonight.
I probably would have killed the other dog, that shit is unacceptable. Good to hear everyone is alright.

Frenden

Banned
I had one of my favorite Destiny moments today. Right up there with my first Gjallarhorn drop, raid completions and Skolas kill.

I was with some friends playing Iron Banner on Anomaly. We were, as a group, getting creamed. I was skating around as a Titan, shoulder charging, and topping the leaderboard for both teams despite the overall point deficit. It was one of my best matches in weeks, easily.

We were down almost all match, but managed to grab B in the last few minutes. Things were getting a little closer, but there was a ~500 point margin of loss.

The enemy team ran to cap B and nearly had it with a few seconds left in the match. Getting it would be the nail in the coffin and unrecoverable.

I equiped my Her Benevolence with Ambush, Hidden Hand, Snapshot, and Unflinching, ran across from B, and headshot three or four of them in rapid succession. The resulting medals and points pushed us just ahead and we won with a second or two left.

I saved a video, but I haven't uploaded it yet. I went for ~30 kills and flipped the match riiiiiiight as the timer went off.

Pop, pop, pop--precision sniper kills in rapid succession. It was so satisfying.

ich00

Hahaha oh man. Just appreciate the fact that you and six other random people beat a team so hard that they not only ran away in shame, but also had someone on that team take the time to find you in their recently met online list, and type out a message using a gamepad, and send it to you. Let that soak in.

Haha yup, crazy thing is I wasn't even the best one on the team. Ah well, guess I'm getting better at pvp.

rc213

Guys where did everybody go! IB Train was stealing ma kills confirmed. Lol
Right after the Train disbanded this happens.

mijAXLBl.jpg

Followed by this.

SY5HSool.jpg

:/
Feels bad.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Welp. Learned my lesson about buying items that have engrams attached to them. Bought Radar and Suros and the exotic engram and got another Radar lol. That'll teach me.

I had one of my favorite Destiny moments today. Right up there with my first Gjallarhorn drop, raid completions and Skolas kill.

I was with some friends where are, I suspect, mostly PvEers that were going .2/.3 in IB on Anomaly. I was skating around as a Titan, shoulder charging, and topping the leaderboard for both teams despite the overall point deficit. It was one of my best matches in weeks, easily.

We were down almost all match, but managed to grab B in the last few minutes. Things were getting a little closer, but there was a ~500 point margin of loss.

The enemy team ran to cap B and nearly had it with a few seconds left in the match. Getting it would be the nail in the coffin and unrecoverable.

I equiped my Her Benevolence with Ambush, Hidden Hand, Snapshot, and Unflinching, ran across from B, and headshot three or four of them in rapid succession. The resulting medals and points pushed us just ahead and we won with a second or two left.

I saved a video, but I haven't uploaded it yet. I went for ~30 kills and flipped the match riiiiiiight as the timer went off.

Pop, pop, pop--precision sniper kills in rapid succession. It was so satisfying.

Wow! That must have been quite the rush.

NeOak

It's not your fault. My Spanish translator slash janitor slash laundry boy has neglected his combat training and on field combat. I am surprised we got one win. Like I said my game is built around being team medic and sniper. I will lose most likely if going against shotgun morons up close. TLW helps but having to shoot them several times to getting hit once is a 10 - 0 matchup.

._.

What's everyones favourite vault/gear management app(iOS)? I've been using the official bungie app as I heard the fan made ones can bug out and lose weapons but now that I am manging 4 characters the official app is too slow and getting on my nerves.

Arrrammis

What's everyones favourite vault/gear management app(iOS)? I've been using the official bungie app as I heard the fan made ones can bug out and lose weapons but now that I am manging 4 characters the official app is too slow and getting on my nerves.
Tower ghost for Destiny, best thing ever. Has loadouts you can save and lets you directly transfer gear from one character to another.

Ragarra

I use load outs for destiny on my iPad but it's the iPhone version. Haven't had any issues.

SpecX

Success! Wife agreed to buy the Destiny PS4 bundle for our second system for the bedroom since my b day is the following week.

I'll second the tower ghost recommendation. Moving items directly between characters, consolidating materials, and splitting stacks is invaluable. It's available for android too.

I probably would have killed the other dog, that shit is unacceptable. Good to hear everyone is alright.

Thanks bud. I was prepared to kill it if I couldn't pry it off. My forearm was right where it needed to be to break its neck. Luckily I was able to pull it off in time.

We are resting comfortably. Hospital says I have no structural damage. I'll be sore and swollen for a while but will be fine. Vet says Bailey, my dog, was lucky to escape with only minor puncture wounds. Both of us are on pain meds and antibiotics.

I probably won't be on tonight like I thought I would. My hand is throbbing.

I use Loadouts for destiny, works well on my iPhone although it can be slow to open up. Haven't tried tower ghost.

Top Bottom