• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

MrDaravon

That was an incredibly smooth VoG run, thanks everyone! I got absolute crap, but that's why you can run it 3 times a week on different characters!

Is there ANY point whatsoever to the VoG Raid armor? It's all 30 Light max without using an Etheric, and the bonuses on them seem even more useless than the Crota Raid stuff. The VoG boots I got rolled Heavy ammo perk but I already got that on my Crota boots which have higher light soooooo this stuff seems pretty pointless? The Crota stuff I got has perks that are at least in theory useful (like chance for orbs off Hive critical kills etc).

Edit: Only 54 minutes, which actually isn't bad at all considering we got screwed bad on the Templar like 3 times, and we had some downtime there while people were getting the checkpoint etc.

Kids these days don't know what it was like back in the day. Now, even the plebs get to waltz through hard raids with no wipes and in the time it takes to get a pizza delivered.

Kidding, of course, great VoG run, everyone.

Arrrammis

That was an incredibly smooth VoG run, thanks everyone! I got absolute crap, but that's why you can run it 3 times a week on different characters!

Is there ANY point whatsoever to the VoG Raid armor? It's all 30 Light max without using an Etheric, and the bonuses on them seem even more useless than the Crota Raid stuff. The VoG boots I got rolled Heavy ammo perk but I already got that on my Crota boots which have higher light soooooo this stuff seems pretty pointless? The Crota stuff I got has perks that are at least in theory useful (like chance for orbs off Hive critical kills etc).

Edit: Only 54 minutes, which actually isn't bad at all considering we got screwed bad on the Templar like 3 times, and we had some downtime there while people were getting the checkpoint etc.
Not really more useful than normal armor, but personally I just love the way it looks.

It think it is one of the better sets of armor from an aesthetic standpoint. Also, the gloves and helmet do have decent, unique bonuses. Last, it's nice to have some variety in stat rolls so you can mix and match with any exotic piece (e.g. have pure discipline boots and pure intellect boots), and why not have that collection be made up of the endgame, unique content?

All that said, you're not missing anything in your analysis. The boots and chest are nothing special in terms of utility ever since the release of the first DLC.

Top Bottom