• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Pat_DC

All right Dgaf, after a long day it is time to relax and shot things!
Anyone running VOG, CE, PoE? I am keen for any of these.

pat_dc82

lt519

Noomi how's the controller lag been going? Curious, I've been experimenting more with my set up. Did you defrag?

politely changing the conversation from that embarrassing top of the page post...I kid, I wouldn't of had a single kill

Damn I already get sweaty just thinking about getting matched against Unstable, Drizz and Wicked along with the rest of the crew in trials. I can't imagine how I'd feel going against one of the top and most well known players.

I'm gonna try to be up for more Skolas School at 11AM but rocket league sucked me in, if I sleep to 12 don't hate. But I'll be running all day tomorrow for the remaining participants (minus a food and day drinking break at 5pm).

(Sketch_Turntable, Worthy_Edge, and Bloombloxer never got back to me)

Edit: and oh if someone wants to take SheHateMe through PoE 34 he'll be ready for PoE 35.

I totally typed out a reply to your message yesterday or Thursday. Maybe I didn't hit send. Definitely hit send this time on a new reply.

lt519

I totally typed out a reply to your message yesterday or Thursday. Maybe I didn't hit send. Definitely hit send this time on a new reply.

Ooops, you're right you did send! If you find some time tomorrow just ping me, psn: rarbusto, me or my buddies will fit you in somewhere! Not so sure about Sunday, I'm already pretty burned out. Maybe an early Sunday run but I might try some trials, still haven't hit Mercury!

Wilde

Just got fucking annihilated by Triplewreck in Trials. Fuck

We definitely got annihilated, but it was worth it for this alone!

CLTp-D_UwAAovY3.jpg:large

CLTp5hdUsAAsgVC.jpg:large

It's not every day that you snipe Triplewreck and survive!

The alt Iron Banner buff is real. Rank 2.75 after just doing 1 days work of bounties, with shader/emblem and tempered buff. Just missing class item buff.

Alts starting on Friday = win.

They did a pretty good job with levelling alts. It's crazy fast.

If you're at least average in regular PvP, it takes about 3-4 hours to go from Level 2 to 20. With your "main", you can give an armor core and Strange coins and buy 1x Light 42 from Variks, 1x Exotic from Xur that starts at Light 36. That immediately puts you at Level 26! You know what that means? VoG Normal right off the bat for chance of more gear. If you get lucky with gear that's not the 1st 2 (Variks + Xur exotic), starts off at Light 18 which puts you at basically Level 28 with a tiny bit of levelling (2 light off). Ascending the gear via Etheric light from alts will put you at 1 light shy of 29.

A few Roc/Dragon strikes to get the missing gear that isn't legendary with Light 24-26 Blues and you're in the 30s.

My Titan was Level 20 with all Green Armor and 0 light blue armor. I did that and after 3 quick strike playlist and 12 PvP matches, he went to Level 29. Total of ~4 hours. I then played Iron Banner as a Level 29 which levelled up stuff even more and now sitting at 30. VoG gave me a helm which didn't help since I got the Variks helm.

Fun times playing regular PvP with my nephew (who started his account today with the xbox1/dedtiny I got him and he's already L15) and my cousin for the first time, and Iron Banner with Josh, and VoG and IB with xb1 DGAF!

Ps, darn you dmh for taking my vision :p

People have asked why switch over. I'm not "switching" but it's cool playing with my nephew and my cousin finally (who I used the play halo with a lot growing up), along with the awesome xb1 dgaffers. VoG is usually a great time. And pvp is always fun barring lag.

PvP is the fastest and most fun way to level up so I don't consider it a grind at all. Just the 8-10 strike playlists I've done total but they're mindless / easy it's somewhat refreshing in a way. Especially when having conversations with friends/family.

nOoblet16

Whenever a teams swarms me I fall to bits :d

Just watched FarNorths video, I've had some crazy head shots with Hidden Hand but watching his video I'm doing it wrong by always aiming for the perfect Headshot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzA5tsoZ04E

You should never ever wait for the perfect headshot, you will be dead far before you even reach for the trigger. It's a bad habit and something I still do but you should always try to popshot (hell even no scope if you are caught up close with a sniper and can't do anything else). The key is to try, if you don't then you certainly won't hit but if you do try then you might just hit.

Also with a sniper popshot, even if you get a bodyshot and tag the opponent that is enough to make the opponent think a bit before engaging you any further which can be a matter of life and death for you.

Klyka

Banned
I never really enjoyed the PvP in this but for some reason now,after not having played for like 6 months or so, it's actually ok.

I actually feel it has LESS lag and bullshit happening.

Someone explain this strange sensation I am feeling when I as a lvl 32 kill 2 lvl 34 in Iron banner and secure a point. With an Auto Rifle. Against Thorn.

Is this...

could this be....

fun?

I played iron banner over 3 characters today, mostly 2. For about 9 hours total. I'd say 8 hours and 50 minutes of it was NOT laggy at all. Crazy!

I never really enjoyed the PvP in this but for some reason now,after not having played for like 6 months or so, it's actually ok.

I actually feel it has LESS lag and bullshit happening.

Someone explain this strange sensation I am feeling when I as a lvl 32 kill 2 lvl 34 in Iron banner and secure a point. With an Auto Rifle. Against Thorn.

Is this...

could this be....

fun?

I was doing amazing as a Level 28 and 29 today. Killing L33 and L34 and beating out most or all of your team who are also 33 and 34, it feels so good! So I definitely know what you mean. Keep it up :p

DGaf, I need your collective wisdom. I want to reforge a hand cannon for pve. I currently have Her Mercy and Ill Will. Which would be a better reforge candidate and what perks should I aim for?

git gud.

But seriously it's mega cool to face off against streamers

We got wrecked so hard lol. But me, Unstable, and Wicked beat RealKraftyy (#1 on PS4 for total Crucible kills) in our first match today and he got all salty about it, haha. Krafty does double carries while Triple plays with another super-pro so there's really no comparison.

I'm trying to get better at PvP but playing top players like Triple and his buddy make me realize how far I have to go.

DGaf, I need your collective wisdom. I want to reforge a hand cannon for pve. I currently have Her Mercy and Ill Will. Which would be a better reforge candidate and what perks should I aim for?

Ill Will has the highest impact for HCs but it can't get Field Scout like the old Timurs Lash. I don't know how much Casket Mag adds to the base magazine but 7 rounds is not enough for PvE (Timurs could go to 13 with the same impact). Her Mercy with Casket Mag and some reload perk like Outlaw would be good. Perks like Hidden Hand, Final Round and Luck in the Chamber are always good.

Imo Ill Will is meant to be a PvP gun (it drops in Crucible after all) with perks to lower the already small magazine and get damage boost perks like Final Round and LitC.

Of course Fate Bringer from HM Templar is the undisputed king of PvE HCs.

Klyka

Banned
So what's the current PvP meta?

Is it handcannons and shotguns?

I have a small selection of guns,sadly most of them not up to snuff for iron banner,but would work fine for normal crucible.
As much as I love killing people with an auto rifle or my bad juju to piss them off, i do feel i want to be more competitive

nOoblet16

We got wrecked so hard lol. But me, Unstable, and Wicked beat RealKraftyy (#1 on PS4 for total Crucible kills) in our first match today and he got all salty about it, haha. Krafty does double carries while Triple plays with another super-pro so there's really no comparison.

I'm trying to get better at PvP but playing top players like Triple and his buddy make me realize how far I have to go.

Ill Will has the highest impact for HCs but it can't get Field Scout like the old Timurs Lash. I don't know how much Casket Mag adds to the base magazine but 7 rounds is not enough for PvE (Timurs could go to 13 with the same impact). Her Mercy with Casket Mag and some reload perk like Outlaw would be good. Perks like Hidden Hand, Final Round and Luck in the Chamber are always good.

Imo Ill Will is meant to be a PvP gun (it drops in Crucible after all) with perks to lower the already small magazine and get damage boost perks like Final Round and LitC.

Of course Fate Bringer from HM Templar is the undisputed king of PvE HCs.

Krafty was salty? Did he say anything?

I have a small selection of guns,sadly most of them not up to snuff for iron banner,but would work fine for normal crucible.
As much as I love killing people with an auto rifle or my bad juju to piss them off, i do feel i want to be more competitive

Primary: Legendary hand cannons are mediocre, but Thorn and The Last Word are Kings of Crucible. Hawk moon is very good. So are Red Death, Messenger, Hopscotch Pilgrim for pulse rifles. Mida is good but scout rifles are limited. Auto rifles are dead.

Secondary: Felwinters, Matador or Party Crasher shotguns rolled to have ideal perks. For snipers, Shadow of Veils and Her Benevolence from PoE. Also LDR or Longbow Synthesis if you have an old one lying around. Fusion rifles are dead.

Heavy: either BTRD or Jolders Hammer for machine guns. Rocket launchers with Tripod and Grenades and Horsehoes such as Tomorrow's Answer, Ash Factory, and Radeghast Fury.

Hope this helps!

Still hand cannons and shotguns but there is a saviour

OBidOhqm.png

I'm trying to use it as much as possible and probably do better than with hand cannons, it also opens up the exotic slot for Invective, Plan C etc etc..Pulse and shotgun also works well for Trials this week

Krafty was salty? Did he say anything?

It was literally the first match we played right when Trials opened. After we won 5-2, I went in his stream and just said "We just played you, GG Krafty!" And gave him the BloodTrail thumbs up Meat Boy emote. And he got all salty and started saying stuff like "oooh yeah, thanks for ruining the first carry of the day DrDrizzay, thanks for nothing" blah blah etc.

So I gave him the PJSalt emote and said there was no need for it. He kept complaining about how he knows he's going to face "teams of 3 try hards" all day, and tried to claim "nobody's salty here" (lol ok). The mods chimed in with "he's just competitive" which I understand. So I ended it with "it's all good, we are competitive too which is why we wanted to win. GG and props to you for carrying two people at once." He was still upset so I just left.

I respect him doing double carries but you can't get that worked up when you lose, it's going to happen. 1 great player can only do so much in Trials. I'll try to find the archived stream, should be easy since it was the very first match.

maomaoIYP

And he got all salty and started saying stuff like "oooh yeah, thanks for ruining the first carry of the day DrDrizzay, thanks for nothing" blah blah etc.

So I gave him the PJSalt emote and said there was no need for it. He kept complaining about how he knows he's going to face "teams of 3 try hards" all day, and tried to claim "nobody's salty here" (lol ok). The mods chimed in with "he's just competitive" which I understand. So I ended it with "it's all good, we are competitive too which is why we wanted to win. GG and props to you for carrying two people at once." He was still upset so I just left.

Sucks to be him. He sounds like a douchebag. Other players aren't allowed to beat him? Fuck dat shit.

It was literally the first match we played right when Trials opened. After we won 5-2, I went in his stream and just said "We just played you, GG Krafty!" And gave him the BloodTrail thumbs up Meat Boy emote. And he got all salty and started saying stuff like "oooh yeah, thanks for ruining the first carry of the day DrDrizzay, thanks for nothing" blah blah etc.

I respect him doing double carries but you can't get that worked up when you lose, it's going to happen. 1 great player can only do so much in Trials. I'll try to find the archived stream, should be easy since it was the very first match.

No respect at all for that. I don't get how a-holes like this get such a big following. Take the loss and move on, how hard can it be.

noomi

Noomi how's the controller lag been going? Curious, I've been experimenting more with my set up. Did you defrag?

politely changing the conversation from that embarrassing top of the page post...I kid, I wouldn't of had a single kill

Oh hey man, sorry for the late response. I fell asleep shortly after posting.

The lag is gone! Removing the usb seemed to helped some but I still would get a little lag here and there, after I rebuilt the database that completely seeped the deal and now I'm lag free :D

No respect at all for that. I don't get how a-holes like this get such a big following. Take the loss and move on, how hard can it be.

If he's doing double carries then he may be tired and stressed trying to get through them and feeling the weight of expectations on his shoulders.

Everyone has a bad day and it could be a one off?

Pat_DC

Wanted to do PoE 28 on my 29 Titan because you are guaranteed an exotic the first time.
Realise I needed to finish the HoW story missions first, no worries as I needed to grind my Defender abilities and weapons. With that all done what does rng reward me...

...the Suros, nicely played RNGesus.

Here it is: http://www.twitch.tv/realkraftyy/v/9200265 Starts at 12 mins in.

I've seen Kraftyy go 23-0 in Trials using NLB, but he always seems really reluctant to get revives. There's no doubting he's an incredible player so GGs all round, guys!

If he's doing double carries then he may be tired and stressed trying to get through them and feeling the weight of expectations on his shoulders.

Everyone has a bad day and it could be a one off?

For sure. As someone who tries to help friends get to Mercury, I completely understand the stress. Just ask Wicked, Fig, Phaethon, Gutz, Kurt, Valbaara, or ZW how salty I got when we lost any of our Trials matches last night. It happens to all competitive players, especially when they are frustrated at themselves for not living up to their own standards.

To be totally clear, I'm not remotely hating on him for it. It's just an interesting story to talk about, on the topic of Destiny streamers in general. After getting fired up, he went off camera
to smoke weed
, chilled out and gave me a sincere GG. Water under the bridge in the heat of battle, haha.

Here it is: http://www.twitch.tv/realkraftyy/v/9200265 Starts at 12 mins in.

I've seen Kraftyy go 23-0 in Trials using NLB, but he always seems really reluctant to get revives. There's no doubting he's an incredible player so GGs all round, guys!

Nice, thanks for the link! I just re-watched it. I started out scrubby (1 Krafty kill, 3 deaths) due to nerves. We were tied 2-2 but then we pulled it together to win 3 straight including an "All Allies Down" self-res to save the heavy round.

It's really weird to watch yourself playing from his perspective, and see your name in red letters, lol. I skipped ahead to see if those guys still got carried to Mercury and one of them got DC'ed right before their last match. Krafty put up a 23-3 K/D to win the 2v3 match 5-4, very impressive!

noomi

That moment when you want to play trials but can't because you know you will wake up your wife and she will turn into hulk.

Damnit :/

Today's the day. It's been a long time coming. In just a bit over 10 hours, it will be time for that flawless VoG HM.

Who all is on the fire team list? I haven't heard back from the non-Gaffer who said she wanted to do it so we may need some alts. I should be around all day, gotta keep an eye on this thread as it nears the end.

I have a lot of respect for guys like TW and Poshy who are always complimentary and chill when I see them lose. I'd like to think if I were that good, I'd just accept that nobody wins every time when single carrying let alone double carrying, but I'd probably be a poor sport about it, still, hah.

I've never had the
mis
fortune of going against a streamer I recognized, though I did go against Red Bull Nasty (no idea how it's spelled) in 6 v 6, and Rubenov was saying he recognized him before the game. We got destroyed.

III-V

Congratulations to the two new Skolas Graduates! Kojirospath and ori0n378e pulled through being saved by the bell at 3 hours! On our last try we fought Skolas nice and slow for about 45 minutes and pulled it off! Two more through!

Graduates:
Sengar
KINGofCRA5H-
Reluctant-hero (courtesy of drizz and el_bomb)
samphire
Unknown_Hero (courtesy of Soss and Reign)
DNAbro
plantedunicorn (voa127)
ori0n378e
kojirospath

checking in for 11am run

Namikaze1

Who all is on the fire team list? I haven't heard back from the non-Gaffer who said she wanted to do it so we may need some alts. I should be around all day, gotta keep an eye on this thread as it nears the end.
Deafmedal is coming. Worthy is up for it though he hasn't confirmed if he will be available at that time yet.

Is Jigga Man still up for it?

Have a whole day of intense physical work...
serious apartment cleaning. :D
Early evening (CET) I'll hop on for PoE / VoG / CE. Hope there'll be a crew here. :)
L8rz!

Top Bottom