• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Frenden

Banned
My first non-bounty exotic was Icebreaker from a Nightfall. My first exotic was Pocket Infinity.

I have almost never used Pocket Infinity. The state of its nerf/not nerf existence is always in such flux that I never know if it's glitched or working as intended, so I don't bother.

Pocket_Infinity_Grimoire.png

todd360

Towards the end there was. I think a lot of the talking over each other was Fig, not because of Fig herself but because she has to have a degree of audio lag. She was finishing sentences and people started talking, and any pauses in the conversation that she heard plus lag she would start to say something and the other person would chime back in. Hey that's what growing pains are all about! :)

Thanks for the feedback. I did notice that while editing. I assumed it was lag. Doing a podcast over skype is a lot harder than doing it in person on a table with nice audio equipment.

Namikaze1

I ended up finding the post that started it all for Todd's HoPF Quest. And I learned there were waaaaayyyyy too many Warlocks then and way too many buying Sunbreakers (lol).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to cool off. Shit is hot over here.

phen0m24

Thanks for the feedback. I did notice that while editing. I assumed it was lag. Doing a podcast over skype is a lot harder than doing it in person on a table with nice audio equipment.
Exactly. But you're doing it which is better than not doing it. :)

I'll ask someone I know for tips. :)

todd360

I ended up finding the post that started it all for Todd's HoPF Quest. And I learned there were waaaaayyyyy too many Warlocks then and way too many buying Sunbreakers (lol).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to cool off. Shit is hot over here.

What a good post to start the many weeks of disappointment.

M3Rocket

I've had an NL Shadow sitting in my postmaster for a while now. What should I reroll it with?

PXycEpO.png

Just rerolled my NL Shadow with Full Auto, Hidden Hand and Braced Frame. Lens are Focus FLS2, Ranged RLS3 and Fastdraw IS. Keeper?

Sounds like a nice roll on that Shadow.

I spent over 120 motes, lots of glimmer and 3x that on weapon parts re-rolling a Deadshot Luna that dropped the first couple of days post-HoW. With full auto, it truly felt a lot like Suros with focus fire. The stability with Hand Laid stock was really good and it was easy to get headshots even with that high (for scout rifle) RoF. Even tried it in crucible, where it was just OK--about on par with the Mida. Then I got a Shadow...

Rolled the Shadow with ORES, RLS3, Fastdraw IS and full auto, braced frame with firefly and it's got the Deadshot beat. Losing 4 rounds to braced frame was quite alright since FF should make up for the missing bullets with mobs. It's a good, fun PvE semi-auto rifle. ;-)

uc

So I just updated itunes because it popped up and decided to update for once. Then I opened it to see if it looked different. Since I was there I looked at the mythocast page to see if there were any reviews. Didn't expect anything. Then I saw this two star review lol.

really poorly done

"While I love the game, I can not recommend this podcast. There's too much people talking over each other and awkward silences. It reminds me of Delicious Dish from SNL. You guys have potential, but please organize your podcast so that there aren't long silent moments and constantly talking over each other (and guests!) like you had in the Kotaku episode."

I was surprised kotaku episode was mentioned. I'm pretty sure there weren't awkward silences in that one. There was definitely talking over each other though. Oh well. Atleast he didn't complain about audio quality. So I guess that is doing ok.

I don't know if he still does it, but when Brad took over hosting Giant Bombcast he spent a ton of time editing out awkward silences and stuff. That was when I started listening and you would have never know it. Not saying it's something you should do, but don't feel bad when an actual conversation you're having doesn't sound as polished and professional as those that spend a ton of time editing.

Lnkn52

That lag can be a big culprit. I know there are times when people feel like they are speaking over each other and just stop talking to be polote but the other person has the same idea and they stop talking as well.

Even listening to the radio this morning, they spoke about the same issues where they didn't like having one of their co hosts speaking over the Internet because there was too much lag which led to these same issues.

At least you haven't had robot voice or people internet crapping out and disconnecting while they were speaking .

Whatever your guests were using this week was great. Their audio was by far the best out of everyone.

sajj316

Sounds like a nice roll on that Shadow.

I spent over 120 motes, lots of glimmer and 3x that on weapon parts re-rolling a Deadshot Luna that dropped the first couple of days post-HoW. With full auto, it truly felt a lot like Suros with focus fire. The stability with Hand Laid stock was really good and it was easy to get headshots even with that high (for scout rifle) RoF. Even tried it in crucible, where it was just OK--about on par with the Mida. Then I got a Shadow...

Rolled the Shadow with ORES, RLS3, Fastdraw IS and full auto, braced frame with firefly and it's got the Deadshot beat. Losing 4 rounds to braced frame was quite alright since FF should make up for the missing bullets with mobs. It's a good, fun PvE semi-auto rifle. ;-)

uc

My Deadshot Luna has Firefly and Full auto. Just happy I didn't spend 100 motes to get this role.

Well its not hard to beat the gold headset. My mic is decent. I think I need to turn the volume up on it though. Not sure what they were using.

For sure, just saying that it wouldn't hurt to find out what they were using in case any other regulars or guests want to know how to sound great.

M3Rocket

Cool, thanks!

What are the good pve shotties? Sorry, haven't played since vanilla Destiny and am still coming to terms that auto rifles are bad now, let alone which are the good new weapons.

Found Verdict without a doubt is the standout for PvE--everything else is second fiddle. Others that I find work well as second fiddle include Swordbreaker, Secret Handshake/Dry Rot (almost identical stats), and The Crash/The Comedian/Rude Awakening.

I find the RoF of the PC+ to be too slow for PvE--especially for follow up shots against yellow-barred NPC's.

Impact and range is most important shotgun characteristic for PvP sniping. RoF, mag size, and stability more so for PvP.

I don't actually remember my first Legendary. It's possible that it was a Lord High Fixer from the loot cave with bad perks. I know around that time I was buying my first Legendary armor too, unfortunately it was the FWC Hunter armor which required "Ascendant Motes" to upgrade. First Exotic was Mask of the Third Man from Xur.

Well its not hard to beat the gold headset. My mic is decent. I think I need to turn the volume up on it though. Not sure what they were using.

The Blue Snowball is a pretty good mic and not too expensive if you want to increase your audio quality. The Blue Yeti is also really good but more expensive.

Running out of Legendaries worth putting an Etheric Light into.

Decided to put one into Shadow Price. Will take it for a stroll in the Heroic weekly for old times sake.

Kyoufu

How long did you take? Any tips?

We stayed at the perch on the right as you enter the arena. Chained bubbles (2 Defenders) with the Sunsinger helping with orb feeding. Then we got it down to the mine phase while passing the debuff around. When mines began the person that was "immune" to the debuff ran to the first one on the other side of the map. The rest stayed and passed it before making their way to the second mine. With a bubble here and there and Ghorning adds if necessary we did the first mine phase fine. We had a casualty but managed to get him back up and then take Skolas down further for the next mine phase. Did the same thing and that was that. Not difficult as long as you communicate.

The successful attempt itself didn't take longer than 20 minutes at most I don't think.

I don't understand the obsession with range in PvE. I feel like RoF and possibly reload are way more important than range. I have an arc Her Courtesy with exactly the same impact and RoF as a FV with way higher reload speed at a cost of significantly less range. And I think it's better than the FV. The range difference isn't something I notice most of the time, whereas the fast reload is noticeable and means I am constantly dishing out damage.

With the awful, awful reforging system, just about everything can be viable in PvE. Roll most shotguns with a fast reload perk and full auto and it will be pretty fucking good in PvE.

M3Rocket

My Deadshot Luna has Firefly and Full auto. Just happy I didn't spend 100 motes to get this role.

Yeah--Scouts (and HC's) are my favorite class of weapons, so it was a bit of an obsession. On hindsight, I should not have spent that much on the Deadshot Luna since it turns out not to be the best in it's sub-class (high RoF, lower impact).

When TDB arrived, it dropped a Badger CCL with explosive rounds on the first NF. Loved it to death eventhough I couldn't re-roll it. But it reminded me of my oft-used Proxima Centauri II post-TDB, but with a better roll.

Having spent probably over 400 motes re-rolling scout rifles and playing around with them, I find Full Auto to be really useful with high RoF ones since you don't have to keep pumping your trigger finger. On slow RoF, high impact scouts, Full Auto isn't necessary since it's not too taxing with the trigger.

The same can be said for Firefly. It seems to me that the Firefly AoE is determined by the Impact rating of the weapon. That's why FF on the Fatebringer is so lethal and fun. I find that FF is better on the slow RoF, high impact scouts. That's why you want to roll for FF when possible on Gheleon's Demise. It's unfortunate that we can't re-roll the Scholar--it has the potential to be so much more than the Ghaleon but you can't get FF on it.
uc

Stability becomes more important as the RoF goes up, so with the Deadshot and Shadow, I always look for some sort of stability perk in the middle tree.

Top Bottom