• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Homeboyd

Finally deleted my third titan and made a hunter. Got him to 14 tonight thanks to wiped and xclusive. GG gents

Enjoying gunslinger a lot.

The Skolas chest gave me Nothing Manacles. Should I use it over The Ram in PVP or no?

Only reason I don't use them more is that I can't reload quicker with weapons. Ram is better overall, but when Voidwalker I'm usually not going to get a chance to melee someone without shotgunning or getting shotgunned myself. Scatter Grenades are lethal, it's like having a rocket launcher at close range.

So, my 8 year old nephew came and I made him a character, ironically a Warlock.

Here are my 3 xbox chars looking like:

8BpHejL.png

My Hunter will be ready to party soon.

I got a Grimoire card today for completing PoE 28, 32 and 34. They were fairly easy. It was actually pretty fun since I haven't really done them too often. I do enjoy them on occasion. I'll be looking to do Skolas this week. Especially since I lost 2 elder ciphers on my Lock and haven't completed any yet.

GutZ31

If someone is available to add this to the OT, I think it is a nice addition.
Exiledexo from Tumblr has put the Destiny lore locked in our grimoire cards into chronological order.

First Entry:
The XXI Century
It was on the XXI Century that everything changed, humanity has detected a celestial body entering our solar system. As it started to enter the solar system, that celestial body started to terraform the moons of saturn as well the planets Venus and Mercury changing the gravity, air and the ways to support human life. Until then we (humans) didn’t know what that celestial body was until we reach planet Mars…. It was there that everything changed.
We sent a team on a multinational mission, Ares One.
Ares One was the name of the first manned spaceflight to Mars. Its crew consisted of three astronauts: Commander Jacob Hardy, Mihaylova and Qiao. While humanity had contemplated exploring Mars for decades, this mission was different, that unknown extraterrestrial object was discovered flying around the other planets of the solar system, performing unknown activities, and it had finally settled on Mars. Ares One was tasked with finding out what it was doing. Upon reaching the object, the astronauts made the first contact with what would be known as The Traveler, as they saw it, it started to rain on Mars, all of the planet atmosphere started to change and that was the spark for the Golden Age of humanity.

does PoE chests give exotics anymore? I did 3 and only got Queen weapons, sigh. i got bad luck.

I got a second exotic to drop on my hunter a few days ago. If anything, I'd guess the chance is really low, like getting an exotic from a strike low.

I am scoring an Exotic *every* Nightfall at the moment. Monte Carlo, Red Death, Thunderlord. Just every week it's gold for me. Tempted to get my other characters up for that reason. That's how it starts, right?

I am scoring an Exotic *every* Nightfall at the moment. Monte Carlo, Red Death, Thunderlord. Just every week it's gold for me. Tempted to get my other characters up for that reason. That's how it starts, right?

For me, it started with getting Ruin Wings from Nightfall. I'd said I'd never make more than one character, but they looked so cool, I had to make a titan.

Except I made a warlock first . . .

Shadow of Veils aim assist is one of the highest in the game, good sniper. Eye of Sol specs seem bad anyone acquire it yet?

Eye of Sol feels great in normal Crucible, I've been getting headshots for days. However its impact is too low for Trials imo. It does 250 precision damage and 100 body shot, so revive sniping is not possible.

Out 1

Shadow of Veils aim assist is one of the highest in the game, good sniper. Eye of Sol specs seem bad anyone acquire it yet?

Perks seem mediocre only on the basis of not having Hidden Hand/Balance boost -- high AA, Shortgaze and Snapshot make it really great. Oh, and it's the best looking sniper rifle in the game.

Lesson learned this run is to get better at multitasking. Thanks for the run and now that I finally got a cipher I'll have to play my Titan again.

Yeah, YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHEN ITS UP, ;)

Cheers guys. Funny that we got it on the run with all those silly mistakes. :)

Got another cipher right after finishing the first one with my warlock. This time I'll get the Bow.

I've never seen a Dreg take so much lead before falling (Weksis, The Meek bounty). I was unloading the hand cannon on it and it was so strange to see it being pushed back a bit with every shot. Like unloading a weapon on the frigging Terminator.

No time, too tired to play this week. Yesterday I kept myself to the daily, a Dragon strike, a bounty and two Clash matches, before giving up and going to bed. And supposedly today is the maintenance day, so... Good thing I got Spelunky on the sale.

ocean

Banned
They're different classes of Sniper but both are top tier.

Shadow of Veils is a high impact sniper. This makes it an attractive choice for 3v3 where revive shields are a concern. With fewer people on the map at once, these powerful snipers stand out. You can kill a Bladedancer or a Sunsinger during his Radiance too. With extremely high AA, the lack of Hidden Hand is meaningless. It's also got a popular PvP sight as the default option.

Eye of Sol is a low impact sniper better suited for 6v6. It fires a lot more quickly, also has excellent aim assistance, really good sights suited for all maps in PvP, super high equip speed + Snapshot (essential for me in a PvP sniper - quick ADS is the difference between a kill and a trade)... It's a wonderful stat roll. In 6v6 there's so many people at once that getting your second and third shots out quickly, whether to finish someone off or to get the next target, is super important. There's also no revive shields to deal with.

They're both absolutely worth owning and using in their respective modes.

ocean

Banned
If someone is available to add this to the OT, I think it is a nice addition.
Exiledexo from Tumblr has put the Destiny lore locked in our grimoire cards into chronological order.

First Entry:
Real shame that whoever is doing this has rather poor English. I applaud his or her effort because the idea is extremely cool, but I can't imagine anyone will find the experience enjoyable at this point. I tried.

The Traveler it’s a mysterious sphere floating above Earth. Massive in scale, it is unknown wether the huge celestial object is simply a derelict spacecraft or a sentient being in itself.

Out 1

4 dragon strikes and I got a hopscotch! Woo!

What kind of roll do I want on this thing?

Congrats :) Red Dot sights, some kind of balance boost (braced, smallbore, etc) and either HH/Third Eye/Rangefinder/Headseeker. In my opinion there is no 'the perfect roll' roll.

Mine has Rangefinder, Third Eye and Smallbore - love it.

Shito

I should have tried running a dragon strike on Tuesday: with the insane luck I had that day I would probably have gotten a Hopscotch...
Oh well, gotta leave a few things to chase after before TTK! ^^

ocean

Banned
Not like I'll ever use Pulse Rifles anyways but sheer curiosity:
How do you compare Red Death to the all-adored Hopscotch pilgrim? RD is also a 2 burst kill to the head and fires more quickly, allowing for a better potential time to kill, but HP has higher base stability and the ability to be re rolled...

nOoblet16

What's the bottom perk on that middle tree? If it's hand laid stock or braced frame, you've got a big time winner on your hands.

The stability is already quite high, no need for hand laid stock there.
Plus if the last perk is Headseeker then you'd want some recoil and hence less stability.

Top Bottom