• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

T-0800

Did everybody else know what they were doing? Doesn't really matter if you did or not if the rest of the team did.

Yes they did and yes you're right. I imagine it would be hard to setup a raid now without at least one person having completed it before. I can understand why then they didn't want matchmaking in the beginning but it should be there now. I had to arrange a game using an external website. There has to be a better way.

LiK

Comparing it to Messenger, Red Death's burst itself kinda chugs for me. I also find Headseeker to be incredibly effective on the Messenger. I've tried Red Death countless times in PvP and can never do well with it. Messenger feels almost as OP as Thorn to me.

Messenger firerate is better but when I fight against a Red Death guy with it, they would survive because of the health recharge perk. It's pretty aggravating. I'm actually trying to max out my Red Death. Gonna see how it fares with a Ramlock. I'm guessing it would be pretty OP.

Comparing it to Messenger, Red Death's burst itself kinda chugs for me. I also find Headseeker to be incredibly effective on the Messenger. I've tried Red Death countless times in PvP and can never do well with it. Messenger feels almost as OP as Thorn to me.

Same, plus I hate the sights on Red Death. Messenger lets me get 2x the kills I can get with RD.

I got mine yesterday :)

Still waiting on the damn emblem tho .. :/

Nice. Shaders will be available by end of this month I think? They did say "summer".

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna run PoE 34? I got a 33 lock that desperately needs some Etheric Light. PSN: ultrajari

LiK

Hey guys, I went back to using OG emblems.

BdJLqmSh.jpg

After the Raid experience, regular Destiny feels... boring. I'm still trying to play it purely for inertia and getting enough coins before Xur comes, but... Everything that is not POE feels like utterly boring nowadays. And I don't have enough skill for surviving PoE without relying on really good teammates.

Today is the day I get killed by Skolas for the first time <3

But you'll take him down with you ;)

Anyone wanna do lv32 PoE?

I'm also cool with nightfalls, weekly or whatever

Anyone interested in joining Kiguel and I on lv32 PoE?

After the Raid experience, regular Destiny feels... boring. I'm still trying to play it purely for inertia and getting enough coins before Xur comes, but... Everything that is not POE feels like utterly boring nowadays. And I don't have enough skill for surviving PoE without relying on really good teammates.

I'll be on in 30 mins if you need help with nightfall or something.

Pat_DC

Hey guys, I went back to using OG emblems.

BdJLqmSh.jpg

Looking good, I hadn't seen that emblem you have on your warlock before.
One thing noone can take away from Destiny is the great 2d/graphic design featured in the game. All the icons/emblems etc.

tumblr_ngakq4IVf91qh6t98o1_500.jpg

Quick solution: Don't use your Thorn until Bungie fixes this crap.

Doesn't affect me. I dismantled my Thorn myself :p

Messenger firerate is better but when I fight against a Red Death guy with it, they would survive because of the health recharge perk. It's pretty aggravating. I'm actually trying to max out my Red Death. Gonna see how it fares with a Ramlock. I'm guessing it would be pretty OP.

No,Messenger will always win because it has a faster time to kill. Red Death heals on kill, so unless you miss your shots, the RD user will be dead before he/she can heal.

LiK

Looking good, I hadn't seen that emblem you have on your warlock before.
One thing noone can take away from Destiny is the great 2d/graphic design featured in the game. All the icons/emblems etc.

tumblr_ngakq4IVf91qh6t98o1_500.jpg

Yea, it's the Pathfinder. You can only get it if you were registered on Bungie.net before 2013. If you weren't a Halo player, you probably don't have it.

At work. I would not mind doing at least the nightfall before the reset, but I am going to be home pretty late today (again).

Weekend then?

Also, how many first timers are interested in running a newbie Crota's End Raid this weekend? I know kiguel and solicitor are in, need 3 more.

Lvl 27 to enter, but at least 29 preferred. No gear requirement.

Shito

V9NbgP3.png

Pretty shitty that the guy who discovered this, who did the right thing and make Bungie aware to protect the community, did not even get a reply back in the end, and alas it seems like the problem is still very much there.
Welp, Bungie has some serious explaining to do about this!

E92 M3

V9NbgP3.png

Pretty shitty that the guy who discovered this, who did the right thing and make Bungie aware to protect the community, did not even get a reply back in the end, and alas it seems like the problem is still very much there.

What is this about?

LiK

V9NbgP3.png

Can I get some context to this?

nOoblet16

V9NbgP3.png

Which exploit is he talking about?

LiK

Last posts of the previous page; basically it seems there's an exploit where people can lock your bounties, or straight up delete your gear.
It's apparently something that appeared with the lock option...

Just read it and I don't understand how it's done. Pretty damn shitty exploit. I would quit hard if that happened to me.

sajj316

I've seen Fullcrum a few times in PVP. Is it really that good?

With that roll yes. Consider it a mini Hawkmoon. With a reduced mag size, you will reach final round faster. Coupled with LiTC, it will do quite a bit of damage in those 6 shots.

Skele7on

Banned
Achronos responded in that thread but bc he doesn't have a bungie avatar, no one noticed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._guardian_and_i_need_help_from_bungie/ct52sbs

Sounds like some of the other dude's story doesn't check out. The bounty locking thing might be real, but according to achronos, they can't just delete stuff unless in-game.

I also had a chat with a couple guys, who actually are saying this story is confusing.

The only thing way I see this working is if his account was actually hacked.

Not just an error code he would have had to have signed in elsewhere which'll be a cain and able IP sniffing technique
not on a bungie/destiny level. As you cannot delete stuff from app or website only from in game.

Shito

Achronos responded in that thread but bc he doesn't have a bungie avatar, no one noticed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._guardian_and_i_need_help_from_bungie/ct52sbs

Sounds like some of the other dude's story doesn't check out. The bounty locking thing might be real, but according to achronos, they can't just delete stuff unless in-game.
They may be able to do it if you are in the game / in the same "room" as the attacker, as the Thorn story suggests. They may be able to send a message to the server making it seem like *you* asked for the deletion...

LiK

I was going over the Scout rifles I had in my vault and the Salvation base stats are insanely good and better than NL Shadow. It seems if I can get a good roll, it would be pretty amazing. The only bad thing is that it has a much smaller mag size than the Shadow. 13 vs 21.

I already used up all my Weapon Parts last night so not sure when I'll have enough again for a reroll lol

E92 M3

Thanks for the link.

Ah, good you noticed. Nonetheless, it's weird Bungie still hasn't fixed this.

P44

I was going over the Scout rifles I had in my vault and the Salvation base stats are insanely good and better than NL Shadow. It seems if I can get a good roll, it would be pretty amazing. The only bad thing is that it has a much smaller mag size than the Shadow. 13 vs 21.

I already used up all my Weapon Parts last night so not sure when I'll have enough again for a reroll lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaNpSkQ4olc

Little video I did with my scrub ass and a full auto salvation state.

P44

Can't watch it now but I'm assuming you did well. I was trying to get Full Auto before using up all my parts. Kept getting shitty Replenish or Icarus.

Headshots for 61, body shots for 41 ish, decent enough rate of fire and I ended 3.17 so it's pretty good.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

Deku Tree

Didn't day the story doesn't check out. Just said deletions can only happen in game. Can't happen through the API. Still possible the players story is correct. Bungie should be able to determine that though.

Waldini

Bungie again claiming something can't be done...

The database they have on their site is the same we use ingame. I mean, why would 2 databases be needed eh? At this point I get the feeling Bungie has no fucking idea what they are talking about.

ocean

Banned
I'll buy some white fear from the Cryptarch and just roll with that for Crucible today.

No chances taken. Plus it'll be fun to see how big the handicap is with a white or green HC+Sniper.

ocean

Banned
Bungie again claiming something can't be done...

The database they have on their site is the same we use ingame. I mean, why would 2 databases be needed eh? At this point I get the feeling Bungie has no fucking idea what they are talking about.
Bungie has implemented some extremely advanced networking features in this game. The on-demand inventory management via API and stat tracking with such speeds is impressive and speaks volumes about the capabilities of their network infrastructure.

I'd understand you saying they can or should do more, but it's absurd to suggest they "have no idea what they're talking about". They've built a platform flexible enough to give us Loadouts, Tower Ghost, Destinystatus, Drstinytracker, Destinyghosthunter, and who knows what else.

I'm concerned about this but the API doesn't have a call for dismantling. Whatever is happening, if true, would involve some fairly invasive networking exploits. I trust they'll correct it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._a_deaf_guardian_and_i_need_help_from_bungie/

... this.

And when reading through all the replies people actually confirmed this. Happened to others aswell. They reported it on Reddit but Bungie (so far) didn't reply to this issue yet. They are also able to "lock" certain bounties. Making them unable to delete or finish.

One thing is for sure... my Horn is staying in the Vault this Trials of Osiris.

This sucks :/

I'm concerned about this but the API doesn't have a call for dismantling. Whatever is happening, if true, would involve some fairly invasive networking exploits. I trust they'll correct it.

Yeah, there seems to be some heavy packet manipulation involved

Impulsor

I'm gonna dive in back into this game.

I just checked and my Hunter is Level 26 right now.

What should I do when I log in to keep leveling up and get better items?

Top Bottom