• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
the messenger needs nerfing to hell BUNGIE PLS.
It's not even the best Pulse Rifle though. I think if you're insane enough to use something as awkward as a Pulse Rifle, being rewarded with a decent time to kill is a fair concession.

I don't mind Thorn TLW Messenger Pilgrim Super Frenades Rockets whatever it's all good. I just honestly think I'd enjoy this game more if there were exactly zero shotguns in PvP. I see guys who use shotguns exclusively and whether I beat them or lose to them, I get no satisfaction. Being consistently two tapped by Thorn or Sniped or whatever makes me feel damn I got outplayed, I respect that, whereas shotguns are just boring to use and boring to die from. They're a mistake.

nOoblet16

Real shame that whoever is doing this has rather poor English. I applaud his or her effort because the idea is extremely cool, but I can't imagine anyone will find the experience enjoyable at this point. I tried.

It's typos and slight grammar errors like it's and its. Doesn't really hurt it as much as it would if it was written with broken english with broken sentence structure like

The Traveler is mysterious sphere floats above Earth and massive in scale, is unknown wether the huge space object is empty ship or living being.

ocean

Banned
It's typos and slight grammar errors like it's and its. Doesn't really hurt it as much as it would if it was written with broken english with broken sentence structure like
Oh it could certainly be worse that's for sure. But it's poor enough to be extremely uncomfortable to read, or at least that was the case for the segments I glanced over.

English is not my native language and I've never lived in an English-speaking country So this isn't some bigoted "learn our language" thing. It's just that I feel when publishing something it's important to respect your audience, a standard I don't feel is met when reading something in this state.

maomaoIYP

It's not even the best Pulse Rifle though. I think if you're insane enough to use something as awkward as a Pulse Rifle.......I respect that, whereas shotguns are just boring to use and boring to die from. They're a mistake.
I stopped playing a while back to come back and find no one using fusion rifles anymore. As a pulse rifle user I wish I had a messenger or hopscotch.

Impulsor

Ok, so I left the game before the frist xpac even dropped. Level 23 or 24 I beleive, Hunter.

A couple of friends are going to play again, is it worth it to go back in? or will it be hard to catch up?

Anything I should know?

I'd settle for people not switching "lose" and "loose". You lose the match, your butthole is loose. It's not that hard. If I start seeing certain typos frequently, they end sticking to me. And from time to time I have to proofread other's person's english compositions, so I can be a bit of a grammar nazi, even for not being my native language (Although it is my main language due to years of conditioning at work).

maomaoIYP

Ok, so I left the game before the frist xpac even dropped. Level 23 or 24 I beleive, Hunter.

A couple of friends are going to play again, is it worth it to go back in? or will it be hard to catch up?

Anything I should know?
I was you except I switched consoles and started from scratch. It's like night and day. No more farming for ascendant materials, lots of motes everywhere. Max level is 34 and I already have two characters at 32 from about 3 weeks of playing.

Impulsor

I was you except I switched consoles and started from scratch. It's like night and day. No more farming for ascendant materials, lots of motes everywhere. Max level is 34 and I already have two characters at 32 from about 3 weeks of playing.

If you switch console can you use the caracters you had on the other platform? One of these friends had a Hunter over on Xbox One, and he is switching to PS4.

So it isn't hard to catch up then? I even have the season pass from the limited edition, sigh.

ocean

Banned
I'd settle for people not switching "lose" and "loose". You lose the match, your butthole is loose. It's not that hard. If I start seeing certain typos frequently, they end sticking to me. And from time to time I have to proofread other's person's english compositions, so I can be a bit of a grammar nazi, even for not being my native language (Although it is my main language due to years of conditioning at work).
Other people's*

I really wish that first scene had been more fleshed out in the game. We saw them landing on Mars and the Traveler doing its thing but it's such an amazingly cool description in the grimoire... makes me wish there was a novel or something where this was fleshed out fully.

They should have done something similar the Metal Gear Database app that was released with MGS IV on PS3, Checking the grimoire, an item database... The decision of forcing the player to use the companion app on the phone / table or checking the website to learn what's happening is impossible to understand. Star Ocean III (and IV) would keep update a database with everything in the universe from planet information to events and lore.

Heck, they could even show grimoire entries while travelling (Or use the DS4's gyroscope to tilt and play with the ship).

Comparing it to Messenger, Red Death's burst itself kinda chugs for me. I also find Headseeker to be incredibly effective on the Messenger. I've tried Red Death countless times in PvP and can never do well with it. Messenger feels almost as OP as Thorn to me.

Oh it could certainly be worse that's for sure. But it's poor enough to be extremely uncomfortable to read, or at least that was the case for the segments I glanced over.

English is not my native language and I've never lived in an English-speaking country So this isn't some bigoted "learn our language" thing. It's just that I feel when publishing something it's important to respect your audience, a standard I don't feel is met when reading something in this state.
Your English is fucking good as hell man. I would've never guessed it's not your native language.

Skele7on

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._a_deaf_guardian_and_i_need_help_from_bungie/

... this.

And when reading through all the replies people actually confirmed this. Happened to others aswell. They reported it on Reddit but Bungie (so far) didn't reply to this issue yet. They are also able to "lock" certain bounties. Making them unable to delete or finish.

One thing is for sure... my Horn is staying in the Vault this Trials of Osiris.

I will try my best using my twitter account to get this noticed, will have a word with the Bungie guys that follow me now.

Lol who the heck at bungie designed the Elder cipher bounty? I literally just "wait" ?

It's to make you have a time out to play other games. I believe running another 32 makes it auto decrypt, or so I've heard.

Waldini

I will try my best using my twitter account to get this noticed, will have a word with the Bungie guys that follow me now.

It's to make you have a time out to play other games. I believe running another 32 makes it auto decrypt, or so I've heard.

The worst thing that could happen it that this gets too much attention. Which, I'm afraid, already happened. I'm not sure Bungie is going to do anything about this. They'll just give the "don't give away your login" crap again like they did before.

Disgruntled players (who will do everything for wins) will search the internet for this method and I'm sure some will be succesfull. Only a matter of time before this becomes a bigger issue than it is now. I keep thinking; why all this effort for loot?

Add this to the list of things that is broken/wrong with PvP and I might just quit doing PvP/ToO alltogether.

noomi

Oh man, I actually remember reading about bounty locking a little while back, I guess it's now evolved to being able to dismantle people's gear.

This is a completely insane, and should be priority #1 above everything else that Bungie is doing.

If my gear ever got dismantled, I would never return to destiny again. Not sure if there are any precautions we can take, but this makes me extremely nervous....

Maybe this is only possible on xbox though? Who knows...?

Skele7on

Banned
The worst thing that could happen it that this gets too much attention. Which, I'm afraid, already happened. I'm not sure Bungie is going to do anything about this. They'll just give the "don't give away your login" crap again like they did before.

Disgruntled players (who will do everything for wins) will search the internet for this method and I'm sure some will be succesfull. Only a matter of time before this becomes a bigger issue than it is now.

Add this to the list of things that is broken/wrong with PvP and I might just quit doing PvP/ToO alltogether.

Well I'm confused by the story tbh, It is entirely possible that someone could gain someones IP using Cain and Able,

decipher password for account login delete item then log out again.

AS for bounty lock it's between 1-3 days until he decrypts it

Waldini

Oh man, I actually remember reading about bounty locking a little while back, I guess it's now evolved to being able to dismantle people's gear.

This is a completely insane, and should be priority #1 above everything else that Bungie is doing.

If my gear ever got dismantled, I would never return to destiny again. Not sure if there are any precautions we can take, but this makes me extremely nervous....

Maybe this is only possible on xbox though? Who knows...?

Might be. I lost my first Thorn when I was doing regular Crucible. After the match finished my Guardian had no primary weapon. Didn't think much of it at the time because my 2nd character had the Bounty near completion. Took me half a day to get it back again. Could just be a glitch in the servers ... but when looking at this issue I'm not so sure if it was ever a glitch :(

Well I'm confused by the story tbh, It is entirely possible that someone could gain someones IP using Cain and Able,

decipher password for account login delete item then log out again.

The story is confusing. But the post contains 3/4 links to similair cases.

... I find this whole ordeal to be very alarming.

Styles

55A-allFate with Third-eye, Hard-laid and Glass Half Full is a joy to use in pvp. I personally find the extra damage from GHF to be more useful than the headseeker perk.

So I was looking for people on DestinyLFG to do NF with, but most of them required maxed out Jallas. :/

Morning DGAF.

I got my second Skolas kill of the week in yesterday, got an Elder Cipher from him, AND from PoE 34 on my Hunter. I've got the Lord of Wolves already so this will complete the PoE exotics for me.

Now, what's this about people being able to delete people's stuff? Of course ToO is right around the corner...

todd360

Sooooooooooooo...

Apparently people have the ability to dismantle your hard-earned gear/weapons now.

Well, that sucks ass.

Why would I delete my thorn? Don't worry I'll do it for you. I loled. I feel bad for the guy, but that was hilarious. Is this guy batman or something? Deleting all the thorns. The hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

ocean

Banned
Why would I delete my thorn? Don't worry I'll do it for you. I loled. I feel bad for the guy, but that was hilarious. Is this guy batman or something? Deleting all the thorns. The hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now.
If he dismantled every shotgun in the game I'd PayPal him some money.

Seriously though, this is alarming as heck. I'll run Trials this week using dupe stuff only just in case. That means Jewel of Osiris (have all 3, Arc is expendable) + Her Benevolence (have 2) and Tomorrow's Answer (nobody's touching my precious Ash Factory)

maomaoIYP

If you switch console can you use the caracters you had on the other platform? One of these friends had a Hunter over on Xbox One, and he is switching to PS4.

So it isn't hard to catch up then? I even have the season pass from the limited edition, sigh.
Only if you switch from sony to Sony or MS to MS. I went from 360 to PS4 so I started from scratch. It's easy as hell to reach 32. All I did was beat the Sp base game, do bounties till I hit 20. Play crucible until I reached level 2, and by then I had enough motes to buy 1 exotic, marks to buy 2 crucible armor and 1 vanguard. Bam! That's already lvl 32.

todd360

If he dismantled every shotgun in the game I'd PayPal him some money.

Seriously though, this is alarming as heck. I'll run Trials this week using dupe stuff only just in case. That means Jewel of Osiris (have all 3, Arc is expendable) + Her Benevolence (have 2) and Tomorrow's Answer (nobody's touching my precious Ash Factory)

Imagine the gaming news headlines if that happened. Man deletes all felwinters lies, thorns, and final round snipers in the game. They get an interview with the guy and he says he did it because bungie refused to release a weapon balance patch.

ocean

Banned
Imagine the gaming news headlines if that happened. Man deletes all felwinters lies, thorns, and final round snipers in the game. They get an interview with the guy and he says he did it because bungie refused to release a weapon balance patch.
"I kept getting the wrong Vanguard missives. Crucible only dropped fusion rifles for me. Something had to be done. Fuck you, RNG."

Waldini

"I kept getting the wrong Vanguard missives. Crucible only dropped fusion rifles for me. Something had to be done. Fuck you, RNG."

O. O yes. I can imagine the gaming headlines with that sentence.

"RNG influenced my youth to a point where all I could see and do was evil".

Imagine starting a Trials match with 6 Guardians and NO weapons. FIST FIGHT!

T-0800

Had the game since launch and did the VoG raid for the first time today. Was fun. Still don't see why there can't be a matchmaking option. I had no idea what I was doing but still finished it.

SgtCobra

Not like I'll ever use Pulse Rifles anyways but sheer curiosity:
How do you compare Red Death to the all-adored Hopscotch pilgrim? RD is also a 2 burst kill to the head and fires more quickly, allowing for a better potential time to kill, but HP has higher base stability and the ability to be re rolled...
You kinda answered your own question hehe.
They both have their pros and cons.

the messenger needs nerfing to hell BUNGIE PLS.
I wouldn't exactly say to hell, but something like a range nerf would be fair I think. Aren't Pulse Rifles supposed to be mid range weapons? The Messenger has a pretty high range stat that can compete most scout rifles and that's not something which should be allowed if we go by Bungie's design philosophy with weapons (each type of weapon has its own use in certain ranges)
Another trade-off for the weapon would be to lower its rate of fire even more but that would mean that it would be almost useless at mid/short range.

Hand cannons have the same problem right now, having scout rifle range on them is a big design mistake if you ask me, but I'm sure they'll fix that.
If you ask me though if pulse rifles need some type of nerf then my answer is yes, some of them, preferably a slight range/rate of fire nerf (on the high impact ones)

Spades

V9NbgP3.png

Pretty shitty that the guy who discovered this, who did the right thing and make Bungie aware to protect the community, did not even get a reply back in the end, and alas it seems like the problem is still very much there.

Thank goodness I have duplicates of almost everything worth a damn, but that would still piss me off so much if someone took it upon themselves to dispense justice on me because they didn't agree with my weapons of choice.

Had the game since launch and did the VoG raid for the first time today. Was fun. Still don't see why there can't be a matchmaking option. I had no idea what I was doing but still finished it.

Did everybody else know what they were doing? Doesn't really matter if you did or not if the rest of the team did.

Top Bottom