• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
I'm gonna dive in back into this game.

I just checked and my Hunter is Level 26 right now.

What should I do when I log in to keep leveling up and get better items?
What rank are your faction reputations? If you post your ID I can check it via DestinyStatus.

At any rate, you want to gain Marks in order to buy Legendary Armor. If you like Crucible, play any mode and make 6 Marks per win, 4 per loss. If you don't, run Strikes until you can afford the armor :)

Blink carefully, kids.

p8KqZBa.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwErEIPqboI

I'm gonna dive in back into this game.

I just checked and my Hunter is Level 26 right now.

What should I do when I log in to keep leveling up and get better items?

Check the OP for leveling info, tons of links there.

Get 200 marks from vanguard and/or crucible, buy legendary gear. Get some strange coins and motes of light and buy an exotic or two from Xur tomorrow. That should get you to 30 at least. Do you have the expansion(s)? If yes, good idea to do Crota raid and Prison of Elders lvl 28 till you get to 32, then start doing nightfall, weekly and higher level PoE.

LiK

I don't understand blinking. Might consider practicing with it with my Voidwalker. I wanna join the blink-shotgun asshole brigade.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I think this weekend I'm going to delete one of my 3 Titans and make a Warlock/Hunter(haven't decided yet). I've been rolling with 3 Titans since the beginning. So I think the easiest way to 34 would be to run 32 PoE with all my Titans this week to stock on armor cores, then start working on leveling, and in the mean time use the armor cores to start buying armor pieces. Might take longer but I'm in no rush and it should be easier than finding people to raid with to get old raid gear and ascend. Could always mix it up with some vendor gear too. Going to feel weird playing another class after strictly playing Titan for almost a year.

Might go hunter since I've got a few hunter exotic drops this week and kept them where as I don't have any warlock gear saved.

ocean

Banned
I don't understand blinking. Might consider practicing with it with my Voidwalker. I wanna join the blink-shotgun asshole brigade.
You don't understand Blink. You just do it.

In all seriousness: it took me a while getting used to it, but it's easily the best ability in the game. It might disorient you a little bit, but it'll disorient your foes even more :p

Blinking into someone's face with a shotgun is nice. But what's nicer is being able to reliably get out of harm's way. If you see a Titan rushing or a Warlock floating menacingly your way, you can often blink out of their supers. Not to mention the fact that blinking out of rockets is reliable as heck.

The bad part: some jumps are tricky. Took me a long time to be able to Blink through the windows on Delphi or to blink onto B on Anomaly if I was on the scaffold below it.

nOoblet16

Even beyond the fact the you can blink uplose for shotgun, I think blink's biggest strength lies in it's evasive capabilities.

It's very very easy to hit someone in the air, even with a sniper headshot (the aim assist is really strong and sticky on people up in the air for some reason, perhaps because of how predictable the jumps are). Blink is the only thing that will help you evade a rocket, grenade or even a direct hit from a gun if timed properly because you simply disappear from a location and appear in another so you don't really exist anywhere in the middle of that to get hit.

LiK

In all seriousness: it took me a while getting used to it, but it's easily the best ability in the game. It might disorient you a little bit, but it'll disorient your foes even more :p

Blinking into someone's face with a shotgun is nice. But what's nicer is being able to reliable get out of harms way. If you see a Titan rushing or a Warlock floating menacingly your way, you can often blink out of supers. Not to mention the fact that blinking out of rockets is reliable as heck.

The bad part: some jumps are tricky. Took me a long time to be able to Blink through the windows on Delphi or to blink onto B on Anomaly if I was on the scaffold below it.

Yea, I noticed plenty of people blinking into pits. I wish Warlocks had a normal jump.

nOoblet16

Blinking into someone's face with a shotgun is nice. But what's nicer is being able to reliable get out of harms way. If you see a Titan rushing or a Warlock floating menacingly your way, you can often blink out of supers. Not to mention the fact that blinking out of rockets is reliable as heck.

cYSQCN2.gif

Namikaze1

I feel like shit. Stuffy nose, coughing fits, headaches. Kill me please.

It's not a great morning, DGAF.

Anyone wants to play some Crucible together? I'll be mic-less unless you want to hear me coughing.

Namikaze1

We haven't played PVP together much anymore so no. I don't know what you main anymore. Nami is a Warlock now and Todd is a Hunter. I switch between all 3 depending on my mood. People change.
Wait what?! Since when?

I'm still Titan bro-ing here! Haven't used my warlock for anything PvP for a month now.

Impulsor

What rank are your faction reputations? If you post your ID I can check it via DestinyStatus.

At any rate, you want to gain Marks in order to buy Legendary Armor. If you like Crucible, play any mode and make 6 Marks per win, 4 per loss. If you don't, run Strikes until you can afford the armor :)

My id is Borque. Thanks. I like crucible and strikes, or rather, liked, past tense. Will enjoy them once more :D

Check the OP for leveling info, tons of links there.

Get 200 marks from vanguard and/or crucible, buy legendary gear. Get some strange coins and motes of light and buy an exotic or two from Xur tomorrow. That should get you to 30 at least. Do you have the expansion(s)? If yes, good idea to do Crota raid and Prison of Elders lvl 28 till you get to 32, then start doing nightfall, weekly and higher level PoE.
I do have the expansion pass, so I could also do that, thanks.

grind crucible/vanguard points. Run roc strikes.

Noted.

Thanks all.

Just earn marks and buy them from the vendors, it's the fastest way.

It's what I'm most inclined to do.

We haven't played PVP together much anymore so no. I don't know what you main anymore. Nami is a Warlock now and Todd is a Hunter. I switch between all 3 depending on my mood. People change.

Pretty sure I mained Gunslinger last time we played together. Haven't used Bladedancer in Crucible for a long time.

Pretty sure Nami's not a Warlock either lol.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I feel like shit. Stuffy nose, coughing fits, headaches. Kill me please.

It's not a great morning, DGAF.

Anyone wants to play some Crucible together? I'll be mic-less unless you want to hear me coughing.

Dang homie same over here. Pretty decent headache. Me and my ex went for bottle #2 of wine last night, should have stopped at one. Ugh. I'll play with you.

LiK

Pretty sure I mained Gunslinger last time we played together. Haven't used Bladedancer in Crucible for a long time.

Pretty sure Nami's not a Warlock either lol.

I played with him as a Warlock! Anyway, I couldn't tell when we played last time. everyone was a Hunter except me lol.

E92 M3

I don't like all of this talk of deleting weapons. Hopefully Bungie addresses it with a fix ASAP.

Did WoW ever have a game breaking exploit like this?

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I don't like all of this talk of deleting weapons. Hopefully Bungie addresses it with a fix ASAP.

People constantly got their accounts stolen in WoW but from what I understand that was generally third party site related.

Can't really think of an actual exploit like that

E92 M3

People constantly got their accounts stolen in WoW but from what I understand that was generally third party site related.

Can't really think of an actual exploit like that

Yeah, third party stuff is common in this sector of gaming. Nonetheless, I am hoping this is all a ruse and people aren't actually getting their shit dismantled.

LiK

I'm not worried. That guy found it a month ago and it doesn't seem to be prevalent or anything. We should worry when people start reporting it happening.

Waldini

Yep, I'm no network expert at all, I work on the client side, but this is more or less how I pictured this.
Once again, Bungie has some serious explaining to do if they had notice of this a month ago...

I am. (I'm Dutch, so I might not formulate certain things the correct way)

They way I see this is that someone figured out how to intercept certain packages. It's not even needed to be host but could help. This packet-editing bussiness is old as shit. People use this in MapleStory, GunZ Online, PlanetSide .. basically every game you can "level" in. Intercept, record, re-send. Done. Sure, it sounds easy and alot more effort needs to be put into this ... but the "new" package is tricking the servers and logs them. Hell, you could even use such packets to gain XP, new weapons or even kill the game.

In Destiny's case. Tada. No more Thorn. Still, you would need the weapon #ID and player #ID. Match them up and your done.

However, I have no clue how Bungie configured their servers. But if this issue remains unsolved I have a feeling that in the next few weeks the shit will really hit the fan.

ocean

Banned
My id is Borque. Thanks. I like crucible and strikes, or rather, liked, past tense. Will enjoy them once more :D

I do have the expansion pass, so I could also do that, thanks.

Noted.

Thanks all.

It's what I'm most inclined to do.
You're all set!

You have rank 3 with Vanguard and Rank 2 with the Crucible vendors.

You also have a great Exotic helm on your Hunter which you haven't leveled up yet. Steps:

1. Tomorrow you'll want to buy an Exotic Shard from Xûr. It'll be 7 Strange Coins but it'll allow you to Ascend that helmet, taking it from 24 Light to 36 Light. Once you actually upgrade it, it'll go up to 42 Light. Or maybe you get lucky and Xûr sells some HoW Hunter Exotic tomorrow. HoW Exotics come at 42 Light straight off the bat with no upgrades required :)

2. Get those marks! You have 45 Crucible Marks. You're 30 short of a new piece - that's just 5 wins. Before buying though, wait for Xûr. You don't wanna buy boots only to see he sells 42 Light boots tomorrow for example.

3. Get those marks part 2! You'll wanna run some Strikes to get your grove back and some Vanguard Marks for moar armor.

Once you reach level 32 (that's a full set of new vendor gear, no upgrades required) you can run Nightfall, Weekly Heroic, Daily Heroic, both Raids, PoE 28/32/34....

Lnkn52

Sorry I didn't accept your invite. I was in the middle of a crucible match when it popped up. I'm ready to go now.

I've become a believer last night. I finally got my Necrochrasm and I was wrecking in Patrol. That rumored buff will make it OP.

#Necrochasm2015

Impulsor

You're all set!

You have rank 3 with Vanguard and Rank 2 with the Crucible vendors.

You also have a great Exotic helm on your Hunter which you haven't leveled up yet. Steps:

1. Tomorrow you'll want to buy an Exotic Shard from Xûr. It'll be 7 Strange Coins but it'll allow you to Ascend that helmet, taking it from 24 Light to 36 Light. Once you actually upgrade it, it'll go up to 42 Light. Or maybe you get lucky and Xûr sells some HoW Hunter Exotic tomorrow. HoW Exotics come at 42 Light straight off the bat with no upgrades required :)

2. Get those marks! You have 45 Crucible Marks. You're 30 short of a new piece - that's just 5 wins. Before buying though, wait for Xûr. You don't wanna buy boots only to see he sells 42 Light boots tomorrow for example.

3. Get those marks part 2! You'll wanna run some Strikes to get your grove back and some Vanguard Marks for moar armor.

Once you reach level 32 (that's a full set of new vendor gear, no upgrades required) you can run Nightfall, Weekly Heroic, Daily Heroic, both Raids, PoE 28/32/34....

Thanks so much, you just brightened up the prospect of coming back to the game :D

Now I can't wait to get to work!

Deku Tree

I am. (I'm Dutch, so I might not formulate certain things the correct way)

They way I see this is that someone figured out how to intercept certain packages. It's not even needed to be host but could help. This packet-editing bussiness is old as shit. People use this in MapleStory, GunZ Online, PlanetSide .. basically every game you can "level" in. Intercept, record, re-send. Done. Sure, it sounds easy and alot more effort needs to be put into this ... but the "new" package is tricking the servers and logs them. Hell, you could even use such packets to gain XP, new weapons or even kill the game.

In Destiny's case. Tada. No more Thorn. Still, you would need the weapon #ID and player #ID. Match them up and your done.

However, I have no clue how Bungie configured their servers. But if this issue remains unsolved I have a feeling that in the next few weeks the shit will really hit the fan.

Given that Bungie had things set up so that you used to be able to predict Xur, I wouldn't put it past them to leave this security hole open. Given that they knew about it a month ago, Hopefully the news gets picked up by some gaming sites and it forces Bungie to fix it.

Shito

Given that Bungie had things set up so that you used to be able to predict Xur, I wouldn't put it past them to leave this security hole open. Given that they knew about it a month ago, Hopefully the news gets picked up by some gaming sites and it forces Bungie to fix it.
I hope they get to fix this before any news site pick up on this, otherwise it will get real nasty real fast.
If what that Throwaway_Pls_Fix is describing is true, the "hack" is pretty simple and there are already a thousands tutorials on the Internet on how to make what is a pretty common and known attack. You just need to adapt it to Destiny's requests and you're set.

Top Bottom