• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

E92 M3

Maybe it was a family member playing on the account. Nonetheless, an employee like that shouldn't be working at Bungie. I don't care how talented he is.

Solo'd Crota's End to get my first PSN Platinum.

GBPYUSG.jpg

Skele7on

Banned
Maybe it was a family member playing on the account. Nonetheless, an employee like that shouldn't be working at Bungie. I don't care how talented he is.

Meh, I'm always up for a little bit of banter, interested to know who it was.

I would assume it's more than likely one of the QA guys...

Let me know!

LiK

hey DGAF, I have been leveling up my wifes character on her own account since Sunday. went from level 1-30 in 4 days, not bad. I haven't even got either Vangaurd or crucible to level 2 yet lol.

Yesterday I was playing skirmish for the bounty. now Ill be the 1st to admit I am not good at 3v3 crucible. in fact I suck at it. anyway. my brother-in-law and I was playing skirmish last night for the bounty and we got paired with a player named Jacob with the clan tag BNG Crucible. I know this to be a Bungie employee only clan so I thought"cool, you don't get to play with Bungie employees too often."
well, I did badly. mostly due to my own skill in 3v3 but also not having sufficient guns for this type of play. Only been playing this account since Sunday.
after the match was over and we lost, expectedly so, my brother-in-law gets a PSN message from Jacob that says something along the lines of "you suck GTFO" and I get a message from him that says "trash".
Now I dont really care for this type if stuff, but to come from a Bungie employee I feel like I got spat in the face from a retail associate.

Should I seek retribution?
Is this type of behavior acceptable from an employee of the company of the game you paid money for?

I feel employees of the company should be held to a higher standard than the general populace when it comes to professional behavior

what should I do GAF?

Just ignore that asshole. Clearly not a Bungie employee.

E92 M3

Meh, I'm always up for a little bit of banter, interested to know who it was.

I would assume it's more than likely one of the QA guys...

Let me know!

That's not banter, it's insulting your customer. Secondly, it demonstrates a huge ego. If I was Jason Jones, I'd fire his ass instantly.

Everyone is replaceable.

--

I say you should post a picture of this message for Kotaku to blog about it.

Lnkn52

No it's very real that it is a Bungie clan,
I looked at the list and know at least 1/3 of the people within it have them on my friend list.
The clan leader is the head of crucible design too.

Well with this fiasco and the Thorn nonsense, I would say that have alot of explaining to do.
On Your Next Weekly Update...

Lucy.gif

Skele7on

Banned
Well with this fiasco and the Thorn nonsense, I would say that have alot of explaining to do.
On Your Next Weekly Update...

Good Luck Cozmo on your first weekly update....

If I can get details I will try my best to get it resolved as soon as possible.

No it's very real that it is a Bungie clan,
I looked at the list and know at least 1/3 of the people within it have them on my friend list.
The clan leader is the head of crucible design too.

Ha. Ok. Everybody relax. I'm still skeptical. Either way, a big, deep breath is probably in order. Even if it was a Bungie employee, are you really going to waste your time on something so petty? Did it really offend that much? Perspective.

Wow congrats!

I need to try soloing it! How hard was it?

Edit: Uhhh i cropped it too much by accident wait there >.<

I've solo'd it before but not without any deaths. I missed the jump from the second lamp in the abyss, so I went the solar grenade route. I always get nervous starting around deathsinger, but I got some good tips from sc_slayerage's video. Of course gjallarhorn makes things a lot easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jvQscuVBo

Skele7on

Banned
Who knows, I tweeted your original complaint to Bungie. Not sure if they'll bother replying.

This is the kind of witch hunt that get people in a lot of trouble when they're innocent.

Anyway, not to be a blow hard, I'm in a better position than you to get a reply from them.

LiK

You tweeted to them without even verifying it was true?

Nice, keep feeding the social media machine of bullshit.

I'll have less respect for them if they reply.

Not my job to verify anything.

Not sure why you're so worked up over it. Calm down.

This is the kind of witch hunt that get people in a lot of trouble when they're innocent.

Anyway, not to be a blow hard, I'm in a better position than you to get a reply from them.

Yea, I get it. You're special for making a popular parody account. Keep telling us that.

Skele7on

Banned

Yea, I get it. You're special for making a popular parody account. Keep telling us that.

Well yes actually, I was noticed by Bungie and am in somewhat a more elevated positon to get an interaction than some nobody throwing around false claims of abuse by staff members without getting full information first, "it's your job to get involved, but not to get it verified as fact before getting involved" How about you don't attack me after you've been made out to look like an utter prick next time.

E92 M3

Alright, folks, lets not get into an argument about this. Thankfully, it wasn't a Bungie employee as most of initially suspected.

Not sure why you're so worked up over it. Calm down.

It kind of is your job to verify, bud. Clearly, you're missing the point. You carried on misinformation. I'm pretty sure this thread has skewered companies for doing that in the past yet you seem to think it was ok for you to do it.

Again, common sense and perspective, work on it.

LiK

Well yes actually I was noticed by Bungie and am in somewhat a more elevated positon to get an interaction than some nobody throwing around false claims of abuse by staff members without getting full information first, "it's your job to get involved, but not to get it verified as fact before getting involved" How about you don't attack me after you've been made out to look like an utter prick next time.

I tweeted them the post so they could take a look. I don't need to verify squat.

And hey, you're calling me a prick for simply passing this along to their COMMUNITY MANAGER. Good for you. Welcome to ignoresville.

It kind of is your job to verify, bud. Clearly, you're missing the point. You carried on misinformation. I'm pretty sure this thread has skewered companies for doing that in the past yet you seem to think it was ok for you to do it.

Again, common sense and perspective, work on it.

You're added too, bud.

noomi

Alright, folks, lets not get into an argument about this. Thankfully, it wasn't a Bungie employee as most of initially suspected.

After the whole Luke Smith ordeal at that... I'm certain no one from Bungie would make such statements at other players.

I'm actually surprised that the "troll" bungie group even exists, I would have thought Bungie would disband it to avoid such situations.

E92 M3

Just a friendly reminder to preorder now before the digital store sells out.

Hahah, so far only Forza got digital preordering right with the 5 day early pass.

After the whole Luke Smith ordeal at that... I'm certain no one from Bungie would make such statements at other players.

I'm actually surprised that the "troll" bungie group even exists, I would have thought Bungie would disband it to avoid such situations.

I like that Bungie is trying to allow freedom of expression, even if it can be a little intrusive.

Top Bottom