• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Lnkn52

After the whole Luke Smith ordeal at that... I'm certain no one from Bungie would make such statements at other players.

I'm actually surprised that the "troll" bungie group even exists, I would have thought Bungie would disband it to avoid such situations.

Maybe after today.

Anyone else super excited about the weekly update?

I want to see some new weapons or anything else about how the structure of the game is changing, specifically why the light level can now go to the triple digits

zewone

Anyone else super excited about the weekly update?

I want to see some new weapons or anything else about how the structure of the game is changing, specifically why the light level can now go to the triple digits

I'm going to guess that's only in the test build people are playing on, but maybe they'll surprise us.

GhaleonEB

Not my job to verify anything.

Not sure why you're so worked up over it. Calm down.

Right. I think it's something Bungie should be made aware of, you're under no obligation to dig deeper. If you tweet to them that they should look into something questionable/odd, it would be helpful. If you tweet at Bungie they are a bunch of poo-poo heads for sending those messages, then you jumped to some unfair conclusions. I'm guessing people are jumping on you because they assume the latter (I didn't see the tweet).

At any rate enough drama for one morning, let's drop it.

And yeah, I'm pretty excited about the BWU today. I love that they are going to use the platform to dive deeper into individual aspects of TTK as we near it. I'm not expecting any major reveal, but something along the lines of last week would be awesome.

Skele7on

Banned
This weeks will be mostly a hangover of bungie day and also will be Cozmo's first one maybe with Deej not sure?

In any case I hear from Gamescom stuff is about to get crazy details and info wise.

zewone

Hahaha! I noticed! Not very good with the whole video thing :p

Remade it and this is the one showing it properly :D

Nice kill, man. I whipped this up for ya!

0VeuFPo.gif

Iceman829

Hahah, so far only Forza got digital preordering right with the 5 day early pass.

I like that Bungie is trying to allow freedom of expression, even if it can be a little intrusive.

I don't understand why I can't preorder the rare collection or gears ultimate, but Forza and Halo have 3 different download options. The only way I see myself picking up TTK expansion is if Gears ultimate launches with MCC type network issues.

Definity

I watched some of the E3 videos again and I'm still not sure which new subclass I'm going to level first. Thinking it will be nightstalker. That smoke bomb, evade and void bow look really fun to use. Decisions.

Right. I think it's something Bungie should be made aware of, you're under no obligation to dig deeper. If you tweet to them that they should look into something questionable/odd, it would be helpful. If you tweet at Bungie they are a bunch of poo-poo heads for sending those messages, then you jumped to some unfair conclusions. I'm guessing people are jumping on you because they assume the latter (I didn't see the tweet).

I can't agree with you nor was I jumping on him because of that. Just bothers me that it literally would have taken two minutes to verify whether or not it was true. Instead, someone decides to waste someone else's time by tweeting something completely baseless. But, that's social media these days. Let's eschew any sort of responsibility in order to "be heard."

ocean

Banned
I can't agree with you nor was I jumping on him because of that. Just bothers me that it literally would have taken two minutes to verify whether or not it was true. Instead, someone decides to waste someone else's time by tweeting something completely baseless. But, that's social media these days. Let's eschew any sort of responsibility in order to "be heard."

I understand the sentiment behind mindless forwarding of information but the problem is it leads to being basically ignored unless hundreds of people yell. The ease with which people just spread things without confirmation is not malicious in intent, but ultimately harmful because it just makes individual voices be ignored.

Good morning dgaf!

Hectic morning at work but getting there. How's everyone doing today?

I'm ready for some Trials tomorrow. And for anything Warlock related from Xur, preferably nothing Manacles or Ram

I understand the sentiment behind mindless forwarding of information but the problem is it leads to being basically ignored unless hundreds of people yell. The ease with which people just spread things without confirmation is not malicious in intent, but ultimately harmful because it just makes individual voices be ignored.

Agree. Social media has frankly made a lot of people lazy and incapable of personal culpability.

Moving on though, I need Xur to go ahead and sell TLW tomorrow.

Namikaze1

Well this whole page (on 100pp) turned into some shitshow.

Anyway, I'll be logging on in a few to play some more crucible. Anyone wants to team up?

E92 M3

I don't understand why I can't preorder the rare collection or gears ultimate, but Forza and Halo have 3 different download options. The only way I see myself picking up TTK expansion is if Gears ultimate launches with MCC type network issues.

I thought Gears was up? Nonetheless, man, TTK will be very good it seems. Bungie are definitely implement some cool systems and plenty of QOL changes.

GhaleonEB

I generally agree, but in this specific instance Bungie could tell immediately whether it was from their own clan or not. Would it have been nice to do some due diligence first? Sure. And generally, it always is. But this was pretty minor, IMO.

Arrrammis

Who here thinks bungie is going to completely abandon the traveler story line? I'm starting to think they will.
Oh right, the traveler is still a thing in Destiny. It feels like it should basically be the focus of a lot more stuff. I mean, this thing can bring us back from the dead, protect the last human city, and give us all super powers. I would think that it would be a bigger deal!

I generally agree, but in this specific instance Bungie could tell immediately whether it was from their own clan or not. Would it have been nice to do some due diligence first? Sure. And generally, it always is. But this was pretty minor, IMO.

We are on the same page for the most part, it's just one of my hot buttons. Bothers me that Bungie now has to spend resources, however minor they may be, to account for someone else's irresponsibility and laziness.

Anyway, what time does the update usually release?

Top Bottom