• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Skele7on

Banned
I guess I don't see how using your leaderboard highlight of your best-ever-skolas run with your group who probably runs it a lot, makes it any more worthwhile to the general population who doesn't.

that was mostly aimed at the guy saying it would take 75-90 mins,
and that wasn't a best run this was taken from this week and it was the first time I'd played with them in months.
It was to say that actually with practice anyone can get it down to that level of play, we hardly played like we were going for a best time.

I was dying left and right because I was a warlock.

Blink carefully, kids.

p8KqZBa.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwErEIPqboI
uhhh... drizzay, wachu been drinking lately? :D
Look at the other team's score. Drizzay don't care :p
but, but, but - he just picked up heavy ammo

Homeboyd

and that wasn't a best run this was taken from this week and it was the first time I'd played with them in months.
It was to say that actually with practice anyone can get it down to that level of play, we hardly played like we were going for a best time.

I got you, and I wasn't trying to sound like a dick... sorry if it came across that way.

All I'm saying is, if they implemented some of the things I mentioned earlier to that encounter and the activity as a whole, I would be much more likely to play it than I am now. Horrible rewards for the investment as it stands. Especially when helping new players.

Skele7on

Banned
I got you, and I wasn't trying to sound like a dick... sorry if it came across that way.

All I'm saying is, if they implemented some of the things I mentioned earlier to that encounter and the activity as a whole, I would be much more likely to play it than I am now. Horrible rewards for the investment as it stands. Especially when helping new players.

It's fine bud, I've had enough people take shots at me today to see that wasn't a direct jib, I should have probably added text to add context. See I love the encounters what I dislike like most other people is the actual rewards you get after the first few weeks grinding to 34 is quite frankly not enough, if you were guaranteed exotics and a decentish gun instead of the mostly awful queens stuff, people would be more inclined to play.

I would be interested to see stats on players playing this vs raid across first 4 months.

35 is not designed to be a farmable source of gear, that's the cool thing you can run the 32 and 34 on a couple characters and be in a really healthy position. It's a challenge and a nice experience, but at least there is etheric light / gear coming from a lot of different this time that actually makes hitting cap and 35 ready a lot easier than the weeks it took in the past.

Whoyouare

Crazy at your time. thank you for proving me wrong. i still think with everyday joes prison 35 still takes to long. If we could all have bombasticos and dr drizz's on our team It would be easy.

Homeboyd

It's fine bud, I've had enough people take shots at me today to see that wasn't a direct jib, I should have probably added text to add context. See I love the encounters what I dislike like most other people is the actual rewards you get after the first few weeks grinding to 34 is quite frankly not enough, if you were guaranteed exotics and a decentish gun instead of the mostly awful queens stuff, people would be more inclined to play.

I would be interested to see stats on players playing this vs raid across first 4 months.
Yeah we ran HM crotas nearly every week across all 3 characters from TDB release to HoW release. Most have stopped playing PoE all together already and several have never even attempted skolas in this same group and have 0 interest to. My skolas run this week was the first in prob 3-4 weeks and I have 0 desire to ever do it again unless I'm just helping someone.

Dat feel of $149.99+tax

Haha yea I didn't expect that high of a price. However, for those that are spending over 1000 hours on Destiny and counting (especially for TTK and beyond, Halo 5, etc.), it's justifiable. As Javi said, if there was a version for ps4, I'd bite!

I like the XB1 controller a lot better. What are the differences you're experiencing?

I will say the Ps4 UI is so much easier to use.

It just feels... Slow. I have the 1st version / day zero and it doesn't feel right. I can even push the 2 halves of the controller together slightly enough to annoy me. I just have to get used to it again, I suppose.

DeathJr, sorry for leaving like that. I was going to log out when you sent me the invite. I will be back in 60 minutes. Maybe we can do Nightfall or something later. Not sure what happened in Gorgon Maze, but maybe I have to adjust brightness. I was completely blind and did not know where to go after picking the chest.

Just sharing the exotic chest. Person who joined before you just got a hawkmoon - random guy from twitch even.

Yeah let me know if you want to do nightfall.

Skele7on

Banned
Crazy at your time. thank you for proving me wrong. i still think with everyday joes prison 35 still takes to long. If we could all have bombasticos and dr drizz's on our team It would be easy.

Honestly it takes practice and it will happen like I said before I am always around
(well most of the time to help people learn encounters) post burns the Skolas fight is amazing and people should at least try and beat it once.

Yeah we ran HM crotas nearly every week across all 3 characters from TDB release to HoW release. Most have stopped playing PoE all together already and several have never even attempted skolas in this same group and have 0 interest to. My skolas run this week was the first in prob 3-4 weeks and I have 0 desire to ever do it again unless I'm just helping someone.

See but I would also bet that most people have also hit the 34 via trials/IB which is a good and a bad thing, the issue with the encounter as a whole is the fact that NONE of the exotics from ciphers are able to stand up to ones that we already have, sure they're fun and nice to collect, but I'm not trading Exotic weapons for those ever.

I'd like to add that with the fact that people don't feel the need to play these encounters that's also a positive also, It's better to go and enjoy a raid or POE instead of having to do it every week praying that just maybe this will be the week that GODDAMN X will drop...

Homeboyd

See but I would also bet that most people have also hit the 34 via trials/IB which is a good and a bad thing, the issue with the encounter as a whole is the fact that NONE of the exotics from ciphers are able to stand up to ones that we already have, sure they're fun and nice to collect, but I'm not trading Exotic weapons for those ever.
That's my point though. PoE rewards are crap, top to bottom. The big chest is awful, the queens weapons outside of HB are terrible, some of the variks weapons are ok but have really bad perks (hi shank burn void rocket launcher), which just makes weapon cores a bad reward, the exotics aren't good and that's only IF you get a cipher which has some of the worst quest steps in the game, the primary elemental guns are all really, really, really bad. But beyond all of that... there's no checkpoints.. so you just have to suffer through all of that in one sitting to still get a shot at those bad rewards.

Delete and start over pls and tyia Bungie.

OK I don't have that Bungie emblem yet I've been a member since Halo 2. Why's that?

I can see my Halo 2 and Halo 3 history on Bnet. Anyway to see when you joined and what they wanted you to join by for that Red Emblem?

Just sharing the exotic chest. Person who joined before you just got a hawkmoon - random guy from twitch even.

Yeah let me know if you want to do nightfall.

nah, just materials again and a mote of light. Today I got the first legendary since sunday. Not that I have been playing a lot. I try to do at least two crucible matches and two strikes dragon per day.

I wonder how I will do with the shotgun. It's been weeks since I used one. They haven't been dropping a lot and I believe vanguard doesn't have them,

LiK

OK I don't have that Bungie emblem yet I've been a member since Halo 2. Why's that?

I can see my Halo 2 and Halo 3 history on Bnet. Anyway to see when you joined and what they wanted you to join by for that Red Emblem?

Should be available from the shopkeeper if you linked your accounts.

No, first time Skolas kill for Wheelhoss and Galavita.

both got their first hawkmoon from my gorgon checkpoint btw :p

Sigh

ocean

Banned

Skolas isn't hard, and the rewards are bad. Fixing rewards and difficulty wouldn't change the fact that most people just don't find PoE fun.

Atheon used to be way, way harder back when we were 29. Now it's super easy. People used to be nuts over getting the Vex Mythoclast, or an Exotic roll. Now there's nothing Atheon can give us that we don't have.

And yet we've always loved Atheon! Hard and easy, loot carrots or not.

Skolas isn't hard now. Once we level up past 35 in the fall he'll be trivially easy. Even if you had a guaranteed elemental Primary from each Skolas kill, people wouldn't be excited to do him now, and they wouldn't be once it goes full easy mode.

PoE is garbage. We were promised dynamic content, something fresh each week. Instead you have 4 rooms with fixed, rotating objectives/modifiers. In the case of PoE 35, it doesn't even rotate except for Skolas himself. It's the same tired-ass, repetitive, unchanging, "I know exactly when a Thrall is gonna run up these stairs to the right of me" crap we thought we'd get less of.

Nerf him to hell and give us the best loot in the world and it still won't change the fundamental problem here.

MechDX

That's my point though. PoE rewards are crap, top to bottom. The big chest is awful, the queens weapons outside of HB are terrible, some of the variks weapons are ok but have really bad perks (hi shank burn void rocket launcher), which just makes weapon cores a bad reward, the exotics aren't good and that's only IF you get a cipher which has some of the worst quest steps in the game, the primary elemental guns are all really, really, really bad. But beyond all of that... there's no checkpoints.. so you just have to suffer through all of that in one sitting to still get a shot at those bad rewards.

POE 35 should drop 4 etheric light and 34 should drop 2

What some people don't seem to get: if you do not play PvP you basically get e light from an eye dropper. While PvP'ers are "swimming" in the stuff. I have no desire to "get gud" at the PvP in this game either because I just am not interested in that mess. I would be working my ass off to get PoE 35 teams together if I got more than one e light from it

Skele7on

Banned

absolutely agreed, the only thing I can say is we sort of hung ourselves with the checkpoints, I would like to see a system put in place one in which you need a token to back to zone XYZ once you beat that zone that token is then handed in and you're given the next one, Bungie dislike the idea of checkpoint glitching and sharing they want you to have a cool story behind loot not oh well got it from X chest.

The loot table is a crime, but with the introduction of the taken king we may see a more varied loot table come into play, which if that does happen will make it more worth doing.

Shito

It was no carry, it was a team effort, just like today.
You are totally right.
Well corrected. :)

Hehe. Also got bunch of invites from twitch randoms.

All those who troll around in twitch chat, saying they are Uber players and whatnot sending requests asking for help with stuff :p
Haha.
I swear each time there has to be a troll in the chat...
Congrats for the kill guys, that surprise warlock revive was wonderful.

Should be available from the shopkeeper if you linked your accounts.

Sigh

I'm pretty sure they're linked since I can see both Destiny and Halo 2 & 3 stats all from My Legend Profile on Bungie.Net

I'm pretty sure my Shopkeeper doesn't have that emblem for me to pick up.

On Linked Accounts I have both my psn and xbox live.

XB1 controller is a miss for me. It's not the worse controller, but I'd rank DS4, 360, and Wii U Pro controller ahead of it.

It feels either too small or the buttons too close together. Something about it just doesn't feel right.

For me it's the bumpers, it's just a horrible idea to have a pivot mechanism where you roll your finger up instead of a button.

It's just terrible and slow, and the pivoting makes it worse because it limits you to using your knuckles for it.

Yeah. It's all preference. I guess the DS4 just feels really cheap in my hands after using the Xb1 controller. In terms of build quality, it's just not close. But I get your issues with the bumper layout

Lothars

Skolas isn't hard, and the rewards are bad. Fixing rewards and difficulty wouldn't change the fact that most people just don't find PoE fun.

PoE is garbage. We were promised dynamic content, something fresh each week. Instead you have 4 rooms with fixed, rotating objectives/modifiers. In the case of PoE 35, it doesn't even rotate except for Skolas himself. It's the same tired-ass, repetitive, unchanging, "I know exactly when a Thrall is gonna run up these stairs to the right of me" crap we thought we'd get less of.

Nerf him to hell and give us the best loot in the world and it still won't change the fundamental problem here.
I think PoE isn't garbage, I think the biggest issue is the lack of rotating content in it and that 34/32 are on a 4 week cycle instead of different every week. If it would change and have more objectives it would be much better.

I dislike Skolas but it's for the reason why you mentioned. The rewards are terrible. I did it a couple times and enjoy the battle but dislike the lack of good loot.

Yeah. It's all preference. I guess the DS4 just feels really cheap in my hands after using the Xb1 controller. In terms of build quality, it's just not close. But I get your issues with the bumper layout
I feel the opposite in build quality I find the DS4 vastly better but you are correct it's all preference.

Quick question about crucible maps grimiore card - I'm missing Skyshock, since CA is on I tried and got a game on skyshock, but didn't get the card for it.

Is it glitched, or do I actually have to finish the match to get it?

Homeboyd

But I do 34s and 32s each week because they're quick and way more worth it (etheric and the armor is decent, plus instant 42 light), so that's not true for me. It would absolutely make me play 35 more if the rewards were better and it didn't take so long in one sitting.

And I think most of the playerbase would definitely disagree with you about it not being hard.

PoE does need some tweaks. I took a few week break from it and came back to run a 35 and enjoyed it. But the loot drops for that are ridiculous. I haven't seen 1 primary drop from him in my clears so far. They need to guarantee an elemental weapon drop from him. Same way one is guaranteed from flawless ToO!

Ruthless - you need to finish the match and it pops. Same happened to me

PoE does need some tweaks. I took a few week break from it and came back to run a 35 and enjoyed it. But the loot drops for that are ridiculous. I haven't seen 1 primary drop from him in my clears so far. They need to guarantee an elemental weapon drop from him. Same way one is guaranteed from flawless ToO!

Ruthless - you need to finish the match and it pops. Same happened to me

And make PoE35 chest have high chance to drop an exotic or a 42 gear instead of a quaranted queens weapon and the class item

Iceman829

absolutely agreed, the only thing I can say is we sort of hung ourselves with the checkpoints, I would like to see a system put in place one in which you need a token to back to zone XYZ once you beat that zone that token is then handed in and you're given the next one, Bungie dislike the idea of checkpoint glitching and sharing they want you to have a cool story behind loot not oh well got it from X chest.

The loot table is a crime, but with the introduction of the taken king we may see a more varied loot table come into play, which if that does happen will make it more worth doing.

Easiest way to solve the checkpoint system is to use the mission section that has 20 boxes that are never used except when you create a new character or buy a trials card. Each card (VoG, Crota, PoE, etc) fills in a checkbox as you complete a section. You can group up with anyone in the game, but you can only resume where the player that is the least furthest along is at. Each card should track the different difficulty levels as well.

Skele7on

Banned
anyone else find that sometimes axion bolts just absolutely go full ridiculous and just destroy themselves upon throwing?

Easiest way to solve the checkpoint system is to use the mission section that has 20 boxes that are never used except when you create a new character or buy a trials card. Each card (VoG, Crota, PoE, etc) fills in a checkbox as you complete a section. You can group up with anyone in the game, but you can only resume where the player that is the least furthest along is at. Each card should track the different difficulty levels as well.

Yeah this is absolutely the way to try and resolve the current issues.

BTW, I just discovered that you can slide by dashing and crouching (I had not used crouch until very recently). Is it useful for something?

Top Bottom