• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Lothars

Does anybody know if you pick up a digital copy of the Taken King Collector's Edition, can you get access to the base game and already released expansions now?

I picked up a physical copy of the original Collector's Edition back at launch. I travel a lot and would like to put something else in my disc drive besides Destiny but still have access to it while remote playing.

Wondering if it is worth double dipping now on the Taken King Digital CE or keep hoping that the base game digital shows up somewhere for $20 at some point.
Yup on playstation it says you get automatic access to the game and the dark below and house of wolves.

On xbox I am not sure.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So what's the verdict on the MG18A Harm's Way?
I have a void one with Rangefinder, Who's Next and High Caliber Rounds.

I don't personally see any reason to keep it but I've been proven wrong before.

Do I need to keep this gun?

LiK

Better off with BTRD if you're using it for PVP. I sharded all of my Harm's Ways

ocean

Banned
But not everyone is in that situation and you cant just casually regard what is probably 75% of your player base.
All I meant is if tomorrow Skolas gave you 10 billion Etheric Lights you'd run it once and never again, as opposed to actually fun encounters like VoG.

rc213

They really need to up the amount of weapons parts you get per weapon to like 5/10/15 depending how upgraded the weapon is.

For PoE they should just add weapons from TDB/HoW/Crota/VoG to PoE 34/35 plus add one more etheric light to 35.

MechDX

All I meant is if tomorrow Skolas gave you 10 billion Etheric Lights you'd run it once and never again, as opposed to actually fun encounters like VoG.

I don't think 4 is too much to ask for considering the vast difference between how many you get in PvP vs PvE

Ghazi

Still my favorite Heavy, I'm still rocking this and The Devil You Know:

37TUJjR.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin

I still kept one since it held 100 rounds and had solid perks, but the newer HMG's are better for pvp and outside of VoG oracles at Atheon, I don't use one for PvE. Probably not worth keeping

GhaleonEB

I don't think 4 is too much to ask for considering the vast difference between how many you get in PvP vs PvE

Yeah, it needs to go up. Given how armor and weapon cores are worthless, and the chest is not useful 90% of the time, etheric light is what people are going to be mostly after, so it should definitely be higher. I'd be fine if it just bumped up to 2, though. Just adding an armor core and more rep over the level 34 PoE is not really proportional for the increase in time and difficulty.

I've run level 34 and 35 a lot and still have at least half my arsenal to finish ascending.

123rl

Let me set the scene: Crota's End, Normal. The raid is going nicely and the group I'm playing with for the first time are all decent enough, and we're all having a laugh. We get the Shrieker chest and...

gf14ZAQ.gif

I didn't even know this was possible, lol. Easiest way to become the centre of attention in a raid? Be the guy who gets killed by a door!

I think Skolas is the best encounter in the game. I replay it mostly because I enjoy it. I have done 35 minute no death runs with buddies and hour long runs where I sherpa the encounter. I love the controlled chaos that going with different groups offers. No other encounter in the game offers that.

Also, the handcannon is better than the Jewel and the scout rifle is a monster with a burn due to the high RoF (the burn modifier allows it to kills most things in one shot, so you just mow down regular enemies). And I've already talked about the Her Courtesy being better, imo, than everyone's favorite, the FV, with the right roll. Seriously, the only two weapons I've had people remark about are the Her Courtesy and Wolves' Leash. They crush and are unique enough for people to take notice.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
So I just realized I have a Longbow Synthesis with Longview SLR10 which would be about 83 aim assist plus send it for bigger hit boxes. I will have to try that out tonight.

zewone

So I just realized I have a Longbow Synthesis with Longview SLR10 which would be about 83 aim assist plus send it for bigger hit boxes. I will have to try that out tonight.

Send It offers larger hitboxes?

I'm reaaaaaalllllly looking forward to everyone getting their hands on Eye of Sol this weekend then.
e5YuU.gif

Nuszka

Anyone feels like carrying my drunk, lag remote play ass throughout a nf ? Will wait for 10 minutes , if not see you on Monday night dudes and duddetes

nOoblet16

Send It offers larger hitboxes?

I'm reaaaaaalllllly looking forward to everyone getting their hands on Eye of Sol this weekend then.
e5YuU.gif

Nah it just increases range and accuracy, hitboxes are physical spaces in the game (although you cannot see them) that you cannot increase and certainly cannot increase by using a specific gun much less a perk since they are unrelated (it doesn't make sense that the hitbox of an enemy player will be different for you because you use a specific perk than what it would be for another person in your team hitting that same guy at the same time).

Increased accuracy is meaningless in sniper rifles imo because the bullet always hits at the reticule, when it comes to other guns say the handcanon it will mean that your bullets won't stray far away from the reticule in long range. Range perk in Destiny actually means less damage drop off at distance rather than ability to hit far off (which is what accuracy is for). The reason send it is preferred for thorn is because you can accurately hit people at long range with little to no damage penalty.

In short increased accuracy for sniper rifle won't do much.

Looks like it will be me and Ghaleon tonight so you're welcome to join us! I've yet to run it so the more experience in our team, the better.

Cool. Looks like I won't be free until 9pm est though. Feel free to run without me but hit me up if you need a body!

zewone

Nah it just increases range and accuracy, hitboxes are physical spaces in the game (although you cannot see them) that you cannot increase and certainly cannot increase by using a specific gun much less a perk since they are unrelated (it doesn't make sense that the hitbox of an enemy player will be different for you because you use a specific perk than what it would be for another person in your team hitting that same guy at the same time).

Increased accuracy is meaningless in sniper rifles imo because the bullet always hits at the reticule, when it comes to other guns say the handcanon it will mean that your bullets won't stray far away from the reticule in long range. Range perk in Destiny actually means less damage drop off at distance rather than ability to hit far off (which is what accuracy is for). The reason send it is preferred for thorn is because you can accurately hit people at long range with little to no damage penalty.

In short increased accuracy for sniper rifle won't do much.

If that's the case, it really doesn't make any sense to use Eye of Sol over my LDR.

What about Shadow of Veils vs. LDR?

Top Bottom