• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

GhaleonEB

Easiest way to solve the checkpoint system is to use the mission section that has 20 boxes that are never used except when you create a new character or buy a trials card. Each card (VoG, Crota, PoE, etc) fills in a checkbox as you complete a section. You can group up with anyone in the game, but you can only resume where the player that is the least furthest along is at. Each card should track the different difficulty levels as well.

After TTK, there is going to be a new tab in the menu to track quests. I'm hoping our checkpoints / clears for raids, PoE, etc. are also displayed there, similar to the Advisers tab on b.net.

Mindlog

An encounter has to be fun on its own without any loot. I don't like running something just for the loot. I'd prefer the ROC playlist to Dragon but I need a Pilgrim. I'm one of the few nuts who genuinely has a good time with Omnigul (the boss itself not as much) and Undying Mind. The orb spamming in both of those strikes can only be matched by something like Gatekeeper Farming.

Skolas just has too much health and too many adds.

I felt Void Burn on original Skolas was pretty good if it had been paired with Small Arms. Balance accordingly with Kinetic. I wouldn't mind seeing a few tweaks to the objective phase either. First set of mines are defuse. Second destroy. Skolas enrages with an Arc Overshield. That type of stuff.

Skele7on

Banned
After TTK, there is going to be a new tab in the menu to track quests. I'm hoping our checkpoints / clears for raids, PoE, etc. are also displayed there, similar to the Advisers tab on b.net.

I'm sure that's just for the quests/story atm, I'm not sure if same mechanic is going to be in raids and stuff, as obviously that takes the guessing and figuring out elements out.

i guess i'm a nerd too, because i understood what you said.... :/

Ha at least someone did :p

WipedOut

But I do 34s and 32s each week because they're quick and way more worth it (etheric and the armor is decent, plus instant 42 light), so that's not true for me. It would absolutely make me play 35 more if the rewards were better and it didn't take so long in one sitting.

And I think most of the playerbase would definitely disagree with you about it not being hard.

I would argue that level 28 PoE are more rewarding than 35. Legendary Gear and Armor drop as well as a chance for an exotic to drop without even opening that stupid chest.

I have not attempted Skolas since the last burn week. I've probably completed it 8 times and I may do it one more time to see what it's like without the burns. End of the day no matter what is that "we all agree" the rewards are just not worth the time investment. (Voidfang Investments, LLC) It will take the average team in destiny a couple hours to beat.

Namikaze1

CKDqiw2W8AAjYws.jpg

The fuck did I do?

CKDslfJWgAE5hCw.png

CKDslZwWgAALY9x.png

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3028030346

Oh...

Scrub. :)

LTWood12

I'm back from business meeting hell. But the temperature still technically feels like Hell.

Q15wQri.jpg

Enjoyed reading everyone's first legendary/exotic posts!

ocean

Banned
But I do 34s and 32s each week because they're quick and way more worth it (etheric and the armor is decent, plus instant 42 light), so that's not true for me. It would absolutely make me play 35 more if the rewards were better and it didn't take so long in one sitting.

And I think most of the playerbase would definitely disagree with you about it not being hard.

This is ultimately a matter of preference so there's no right/wrong perspectives. I have already ascended every Legendary I am even remotely interested in ascending, and have a few Etherics left over. The PoE weapons are so bad that I already have Weapon Cores sitting in my vault which I'll never use. I already have pretty good armor sets for all my characters.

The reward incentive ran out in a month. If all you have to entice players is loot, you'll fail by design as soon as they inevitably get that loot. Encounters need to actually be fun. I'll always be down for VoG and CE (love Bridge) despite the ease and lack of loot. Maybe that's just me though.

MechDX

This is ultimately a matter of preference so there's no right/wrong perspectives. I have already ascended every Legendary I am even remotely interested in ascending, and have a few Etherics left over. The PoE weapons are so bad that I already have Weapon Cores sitting in my vault which I'll never use. I already have pretty good armor sets for all my characters.

The reward incentive ran out in a month. If all you have to entice players is loot, you'll fail by design as soon as they inevitably get that loot. Encounters need to actually be fun. I'll always be down for VoG and CE (love Bridge) despite the ease and lack of loot. Maybe that's just me though.

But not everyone is in that situation and you cant just casually regard what is probably 75% of your player base.

Namikaze1

I hope I have video of that match. Gonna upload to YouTube and send that guy a link to said video.

Fake Edit: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I FUCKING DO

nOoblet16

Oh you wanna come back with a golden gun? Sorry no super allowed. (I actually heard him pop his super so was waiting for him, also I did bad in this match)

tgfUzGP.gif

zewone

For me it's the bumpers, it's just a horrible idea to have a pivot mechanism where you roll your finger up instead of a button.

It's just terrible and slow, and the pivoting makes it worse because it limits you to using your knuckles for it.

That could be what it is. I was playing Dark Souls on my PC and I was having trouble getting adjust to bumpers with the game.

Wait. What basement is this? Below the Templar?

Yeah, I don't know if its meant to be there or not for you to run around in for any purpose. But if you are facing where the templar spawns, and look up to the left there is a area you can jump up to and run behind and then under the arena. There are little nooks that look like a chest would fit in .

Does anybody know if you pick up a digital copy of the Taken King Collector's Edition, can you get access to the base game and already released expansions now?

I picked up a physical copy of the original Collector's Edition back at launch. I travel a lot and would like to put something else in my disc drive besides Destiny but still have access to it while remote playing.

Wondering if it is worth double dipping now on the Taken King Digital CE or keep hoping that the base game digital shows up somewhere for $20 at some point.

Top Bottom