• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

nOoblet16

If that's the case, it really doesn't make any sense to use Eye of Sol over my LDR.

What about Shadow of Veils vs. LDR?

Both are top class, it depends on your LDR roll.
Shadow of Veils will provide you with a very sticky scope, the aim assist is quite heavy.

LDR is just as good, you don't have to use one sniper you can pick whichever you like. I use my Longbow when I want a perfect stability sniper with 5 bullets in mag and final round as a bonus this is my trials sniper but I will use Shadow of Veils this week (same impact and firerate) although the stability ain't that great, for normal crucible I use Low Grade Humility.

I have a Her Benevolence but it goes unused because Shadow of Veils does everything it does better.

I think Skolas is the best encounter in the game. I replay it mostly because I enjoy it. I have done 35 minute no death runs with buddies and hour long runs where I sherpa the encounter. I love the controlled chaos that going with different groups offers. No other encounter in the game offers that.

Also, the handcannon is better than the Jewel and the scout rifle is a monster with a burn due to the high RoF (the burn modifier allows it to kills most things in one shot, so you just mow down regular enemies). And I've already talked about the Her Courtesy being better, imo, than everyone's favorite, the FV, with the right roll. Seriously, the only two weapons I've had people remark about are the Her Courtesy and Wolves' Leash. They crush and are unique enough for people to take notice.

Atheon > Skolas simply because you don't have the cheap level disadvantage difficulty.

I do agree that Skolas is a much better encounter now due to no burns, it requires a lot of communication and the chaos does add to the experience, but that level disadvantage is just cheap when a sniper can 2-shot you from half way across the map.

What roll on Her Courtesy makes is better thank FV, I'd like to know? I guess you can swap final round for something else and get a bit more range, but what else?

Scout is definitely good but needs auto-fire imo and that one fallen perk is a waste.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nope.

ersgdfg.gif

Up to help with raiding or whatever.

Dave_6

The notes, so good. Glad so many others have the same experiences. I think my favorite is the blink strike fails snd just deciding to walk around instead.

That video was me on my average PvP days lol. Especially the blink to a ledge and not making it. LMAO too good.

Is there only one map each time combined arms appears, similar to the weekend map for trials? Been trying to get the skyshock card to finish out my crucible maps grimoire, but it's just been the miserable bastion six times in a row.

Scratch that, seven times in a row...another bastion loaded as I type this. Really loathe this map...

Is there only one map each time combined arms appears, similar to the weekend map for trials? Been trying to get the skyshock card to finish out my crucible maps grimoire, but it's just been the miserable bastion six times in a row.

Scratch that, seven times in a row...another bastion loaded as I type this. Really loathe this map...

I loaded into Skyshock a few hours ago, but the card didn't pop. It might be glitched.

I tried again but couldn't even find a game for about 30 mins ;/

nOoblet16

You missed my stream again. Wake up early next time :p

150+ people were watching,...couldn't believe it.

Fuckin hell how do you manage that many viewers in your 2nd or 3rd attempt itself.
I'd consider myself to be a successful streamer if I reach that point and would start streaming everyday with a schedule if I get that many.

Fuckin hell how do you manage that many viewers in your 2nd or 3rd attempt itself.
I'd consider myself to be a successful streamer if I reach that point and would start streaming everyday with a schedule if I get that many.

Like I said, I have no frikin idea.

Either more people like watching pve over pvp, which I doubt.

OR

Streaming via PS4 means the link gets shared on Twitch PS4 app, so a lot more people have access to it. Remember during the early PS4 days, people were streaming stuff like The Playroom and had thousands of viewers?

It's the SEXY magic :p

Going to be doing Normal CE and Hard CE after. Can join for one or both. Will be doing Normal first.

1. EroticSushi

Will be starting in about 5-10 minutes.

Shito

Happy surprise: discovering two days after your awesome reset day a second VoC at the postmaster.
Wondering if I should keep it or not, it's starting to get reaaally difficult to juggle all those weapons with the ever shrinking vault space...

LTWood12

Like I said, I have no frikin idea.

Either more people like watching pve over pvp, which I doubt.

OR

Streaming via PS4 means the link gets shared on Twitch PS4 app, so a lot more people have access to it. Remember during the early PS4 days, people were streaming stuff like The Playroom and had thousands of viewers?

It's the SEXY magic :p

It's because you're a really nice guy, and people like you. You are the giver of Gorgon. Gaf loves you.

Just checking in to say I got a Gjallarhorn! :) Second exotic I've got after Hard Light.

I must've been hated in the lobby as it was a game where I was just messing about trying out different weapons and we lost! What a great game this is :) :)

ocean

Banned
I think Skolas is the best encounter in the game. I replay it mostly because I enjoy it. I have done 35 minute no death runs with buddies and hour long runs where I sherpa the encounter. I love the controlled chaos that going with different groups offers. No other encounter in the game offers that.

Also, the handcannon is better than the Jewel and the scout rifle is a monster with a burn due to the high RoF (the burn modifier allows it to kills most things in one shot, so you just mow down regular enemies). And I've already talked about the Her Courtesy being better, imo, than everyone's favorite, the FV, with the right roll. Seriously, the only two weapons I've had people remark about are the Her Courtesy and Wolves' Leash. They crush and are unique enough for people to take notice.
Oh Skolas as a boss is fun. Mechanically challenging and relies a lot on communication, it's nice. A lot better than Crota, still not as good as Atheon or Templar.

What I don't like is PoE, Skolas himself is OK.

Lima

Oh Skolas as a boss is fun. Mechanically challenging and relies a lot on communication, it's nice. A lot better than Crota, still not as good as Atheon or Templar.

What I don't like is PoE, Skolas himself is OK.

What I don't like about it is doing the boring bullshit leading up to Skolas. Especially round 5 and nothing ever changes. Ugh...

Top Bottom