• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

LiK

New record. Fig and RC both stole my Hawkmoon twice each. And each one was from Crota as well. This game is fucking bullshit.

ocean

Banned
Solo'ing the first part of CE is no joke >.>

Easy mode: Bladedancer + Khepri's Sting. Have Escape Artist, Shadowjack on your subclass perk tree.

You want to crouch to go invisible. Once you are invisible, equip Khepri's. Note: this is the essential part for the trick to work. You need to equip Khepri's DURING your invisibility.

That's it. Now when your invisibility runs out, you can crouch again and trigger Khepri's invisibility. Once that runs out, just crouch and you can use your subclass invisibility.

Basically by equipping Khepri's WHILE invisible, you are getting the crouch to go invisible perk twice, but on two different cooldown timers. Once one of them wears off, the other will have cooled down and be ready again.

Now that you can *always* crouch to go invisible, it should be super easy. Escape Artist just in case you need to quickly stab a nearby Thrall for a clutch extra revive. Along with your Super giving you invisibility, you can cruise through the Abyss unseen pretty easily :)

MIDA Multi-Tool as your primary for extra agility is icing on the cake.

nOoblet16

Easy mode: Bladedancer + Khepri's Sting. Have Escape Artist, Shadowjack on your subclass perk tree.

You want to crouch to go invisible. Once you are invisible, equip Khepri's. Note: this is the essential part for the trick to work. You need to equip Khepri's DURING your invisibility.

That's it. Now when your invisibility runs out, you can crouch again and trigger Khepri's invisibility. Once that runs out, just crouch and you can use your subclass invisibility.

Basically by equipping Khepri's WHILE invisible, you are getting the crouch to go invisible perk twice, but on two different cooldown timers. Once one of them wears off, the other will have cooled down and be ready again.

Now that you can *always* crouch to go invisible, it should be super easy. Escape Artist just in case you need to quickly stab a nearby Thrall for a clutch extra revive. Along with your Super giving you invisibility, you can cruise through the Abyss unseen pretty easily :)

I think you can crouch before it runs out completely because it has two different timers so you can practically get infinite invisibility and you don't need to be visible at all. Best to just have a rough idea when it's about to run out and just crouch before it does.

noomi

I want LiK to have a Hawkmoon already, please give him one.

He's gone through enough.

Also what time is Rubenovs scrim happening?

Frostburn

New record. Fig and RC both stole my Hawkmoon twice each. And each one was from Crota as well. This game is fucking bullshit.

Yup, they really need to implement some increased drop rate for items like that... say each time you don't get the drop increase the chance of you getting that specific drop by like .35 percent or something super small... that way 500+ hours of playing you should have a drop you've been lusting after.

Shito

Wait till Xur sells it. Also, the gun is nothing special. Looks cool, though.
Love using it in PVP.
It packs some punch, and it's noooot too OP, just slightly too OP when you get lucky on the bonus rounds...

Yeah, I seem to die every time before I even make it halfway. I've never watched any videos though, so I'm probably just doing it wrong.
There's some double blink strategy you have to use, but I suck at it bad.
I just want those boots to simply quadruple jump over it and voilà!
I might consider trying to solo the whole thing once I get these boots -- because failing on the lamp jump with the warlock or titan is not my kind of fun.

Atheon > Skolas simply because you don't have the cheap level disadvantage difficulty.

I do agree that Skolas is a much better encounter now due to no burns, it requires a lot of communication and the chaos does add to the experience, but that level disadvantage is just cheap when a sniper can 2-shot you from half way across the map.

What roll on Her Courtesy makes is better thank FV, I'd like to know? I guess you can swap final round for something else and get a bit more range, but what else?

Scout is definitely good but needs auto-fire imo and that one fallen perk is a waste.

As much as I hate the artificial difficulty the level advantage provides, the fight is balanced around its existence. Without it, the fight would be a snooze, much like Hard Crota is now. Atheon is great, but I feel there is a lot of waiting around, and it plays out the same way with the same group every time. Skolas gives me an encounter that actually changes when I play it, and it has no down time. Again, no other fight offers either of those qualities. I am not going to change anyone's mind on it being a good, let alone the best, encounter, but I've laid out why I feel the way I do.

And on the topic of 35 PoE, I've said the biggest problem with the whole thing is that you have to sleepwalk through the first 25 minutes or so with no change whatsoever. Everything being so static in contrast to the design of the Skolas encounter really rubs me the wrong way. I do every round the same way every time, and it's a real slog to get to the Skolas fight.

As for the HC roll, aggressive ballistics and full auto will give you the exact same impact and RoF as FV. You can come close to the range with a range perk in the middle tree, or you can sacrifice range for ridiculously fast reload, which is what I have. I have an arc version, and it's definitely better than the FV for rounds 3 - 6 in level 35 PoE (I don't weapon swap, so I use both every week).

sajj316

I'm totally going to try this tonight. Thanks Ocean!

nOoblet16

Love using it in PVP.
It packs some punch, and it's noooot too OP, just slightly too OP when you get lucky on the bonus rounds...

There's some double blink strategy you have to use, but I suck at it bad.
I just want those boots to simply quadruple jump over it and voilà!
I might consider trying to solo the whole thing once I get these boots -- because failing on the lamp jump with the warlock or titan is not my kind of fun.

I can never get used to the floaty aim and sights of hawkmoon, it's the biggest reason I end up dying otherwise I'd do decent with it.

MrMuscle

After 42 days played i finally got my Gjallarhorn! I also got my second Hard Light and second Hawkmoon on the same evening. I really should play the lottery today.

Shito

Wait what?
I have ANOTHER VoC on my Titan!?
What is this all about!?
Did I find some way to magically dupe weapons or what?

I've just found two I didn't know about AT ALL on my Titan tonight...

nOoblet16

After someone in his party said "I want a Blackhammer"
Triplewreck and a lot of other PvPers including Gabriel just randomly started playing Crota....with PvP loadouts

Wait what?
I have ANOTHER VoC on my Titan!?
What is this all about!?
Did I find some way to magically dupe weapons or what?

I've just found two I didn't know about AT ALL on my Titan tonight...

I've gotten a double Fatebringer and double PR drop. Maybe you can get a double VoC drop?

The question is, does LiK have the 4th Horseman?

If so, should be fine. I've only ever gotten 2 hawkmoons. I've only missed 1 or 2 Nightfalls since September/October.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Long shot, but anyone doing Hard Mode Crota/VoG? I'm down for either but I'm not super experiences with the Hard modes, I just need some of them guns. PSN: ultrajari

I loaded into Skyshock a few hours ago, but the card didn't pop. It might be glitched.

I tried again but couldn't even find a game for about 30 mins ;/

Looks like it might only be the ingame display of the skyshock grimoire acquisition that's broken. Just looked at my destiny app, and it shows skyshock as unlocked. Maybe it is for you too?

Namikaze1

CKDqiw2W8AAjYws.jpg

The fuck did I do?

CKDslfJWgAE5hCw.png

CKDslZwWgAALY9x.png

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3028030346

Oh...

Scrub. :)
So guy responded back after I sent a reply. I'm just here laughing at all this. Like damn dude, it's just a game.

Called me quite a many things in his second message. Already blocked him. I'm here laughing and coughing. I hate being sick.

GRIP

So anyone wanna help me get the trophy for completing a strike with clan-mates? It's one of the last trophies I need for platinum. Currently in TGAF (achieve trophies gaf) but I'd be more than willing to change if need be.

So anyone wanna help me get the trophy for completing a strike with clan-mates? It's one of the last trophies I need for platinum. Currently in TGAF (achieve trophies gaf) but I'd be more than willing to change if need be.

I'm down to do that! Currently in School of Hawk, but also can change if necessary. Just need one more.

I'm in, currently in DestinyGAF, but I can hop

Edit: Psn Teasing_Pink. Down to do the raid one too if you are, can do poe 32 for that, so don't need six

rc213

I need that too currently School of Hawk

Nice haul from Crota NM/HM Word of Crota, Hawkmoon :(, Oversoul Edict, Song of Ir Yut, Dragons Breath.

Top Bottom