• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Ooooo Weapons Tuning! Nice

Also finally!

11760094_921369364568002_7234170229078939237_n.jpg

Gally Nerf. GG

We strive for Destiny to be a place where a single weapon or strategy does not dictate how, or with whom, you spend your time. In the new world Gjallarhorn is still worthy of its legacy as an exotic Heavy Weapon, but we hope it promotes inclusive behavior rather than exclusivity.

Changes
Reduce damage of Wolfpack Rounds

Mindlog

Diehard sweaty veterans never even acknowledge heavy spawns.
You need to play more sweaty matches Stabbie :]

/Dons reading robs and brandy for the weapon tuning update.

Namikaze1

They're buffing Necro but nerfing Gjallarhorn...

I TAKE EVERYTHING BACK!! LEAVE NECRO AS IT IS! I DON'T WANT BUFF IF GJALLARHORN IS GETTING NERFED!

black hammer and ice breaker sound shitty now..

this what happens when you try to balance pvp and pve together

8 fucking seconds for an ice breaker round? i don't even use it now and its only gonna be worse

Zoidberg

What does that even mean for Blackhammer? It takes the ammo from your green synth?

White Nail perk now pulls ammo from your inventory

Either that or it takes the ammo from reserve. So you have 1/3 in the round with 15 reserve, white nail procs and you have 3/3 in the round with 12 in reserve. I'd assume probably that as auto using a synth could cause issues - especially if it started your synth CD.

Also, I look forward to never using a ghorn before the nerf. They better fucking have Xur sell it :(

E92 M3

Damn some nice changes, but why the fuck are they nerfing Black Hammer? It's one of the most unique weapons in the game.

Gjallarhorn nerf, I don't even....It's GJALLARHORN!

Carn82

Reduce base damage of Thorn’s Mark of the Devourer DoT (Damage over Time) to roughly 1/3 of what it was in PVP and PVE
Allow DoT to stack up to 5x across multiple landed projectiles
This is a net buff for Thorn’s DoT, but reduces the lethality of the weapon in PVP

so, less damage for DoT but it stacks? hmm.

Namikaze1

Aw fuck. They completely fucked up Black Hammer's White Nail now.

Ice Breaker...lol

Don't have a problem with what they're doing to Hawkmoon.

Zoidberg

Damn some nice changes, but why the fuck are they nerfing Black Hammer? It's one of the most unique weapons in the game.

Gjallarhorn nerf, I don't even....It's GJALLARHORN!

Also, interesting that they are nerfing blackhammer. It may mean we can take legendaries from year 1 forward, as why bother nerfing it if it's going to be stuck at 365? Exotic buffs/nerfs I can understand, as we will probably always take them forward as the game goes on.

Changes:
Shotgun perks that enhance lethality at range should be less effective when combined with a high initial Range stat:
Reduce Shot Package Accuracy buff by 30%
Rangefinder adds a 5% base Range increase on ADS (was 20%)
Reduce Precision Damage multiplier on Shotguns by 10%
Reduce damage against AI combatants by 10%

Why? Shotgun is fun as hell to use in PVE and we already have to get in their faces to use it. I don't understand the mentality behind that change. It's either Shotgun or Sniper anyways.

todd360

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GASP PANT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOW I WILL NEVER EXPERINECE THE TRUE POWER OF GJALLARHORN!

E92 M3

Aw fuck. They completely fucked up Black Hammer's White Nail now.

Ice Breaker...lol

Don't have a problem with what they're doing to Hawkmoon.

They butchered the TLW.

Also, interesting that they are nerfing blackhammer. It may mean we can take legendaries from year 1 forward, as why bother nerfing it if it's going to be stuck at 365? Exotic buffs/nerfs I can understand, as we will probably always take them forward as the game goes on.

Yeah, that could be interesting, but they ruined the one thing that made the BH an interesting weapon. It's just another useless high impact sniper now.

Bungie said that no fun allowed for shotguns.

Agent

Some curious changes being made. I think overall more positive than negative. Problem is the update isn't coming out until September so there is going to be speculation and anger over nothing since we don't know what any of it means. Sure, it looks like a nerf to beloved weapons, but we've seen nerfs before that turned out to be a lot of nothing.

Namikaze1

Bungie 4 months ago:

Fuck! No one is using shotguns for PvE. Fine. Let's just buff the hell out of it.

Bungie today
Fuck! Everyone is using shotguns in PvE. Fine. Let's just nerf it a bit.

Me yesterday
Buff Necrochasm, ya jerks!

Me today after reading Gjallarhorn being nerfed soon
Don't buff Necrochasm, ya jerks!

todd360

Ghorn better be on fucking sale tofuckingmorrow. This is bullshit. I should get a chance to wolfpack round things to death before patch.

_woLf

Of course the Gjallarhorn nerf gets announced literally 2 days after I FINALLY fucking get one.

God damnit. They're literally nerfing every single exotic that I use in PvE. Why do I even play this game anymore. I LOVE TLW and can't stand hawkmoon. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh....

wtf_shatnerfkbiw.gif

Icebreaker

In that moment there is an interesting tension at play; you need to think about how you spend your next few seconds while it recharges.
We are going to amplify that tension by increasing the recharge duration by a few seconds.

Changes:
Increase recharge time for Ice Breaker rounds to 1 every 8 seconds. Was 1 round every 5 seconds

Top Bottom