• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Ragarra

At least narmer to to play with the ghorn before it got nerfed even though it was on xb1.

Top of the page and I get to taunt Narmer!

I won't mind the nerfs IF it means we won't see level advantages in PvE content. I can live with a less effective Horn if it means I don't fight sponges soaking up everything I throw at them. Also, the Update makes it sound like there is no risk associated with shotgun use, when there absolutely is if you are a level under the enemies you are running up to.

Shito

So, yeah, I'm not happy about this balance thing one bit.
Shotgun PVE nerf, Hand Cannons mag nerf, BH nerf, Horn nerf = thanks for nerfing what the players enjoyed Bungie.

I don't get their hard on for "balancing" PVE, especially since it seems all they want to do is make the encounters last longer, whereas the last patch was a HUGE qol increase with the shotgun buff.

Bleh, going to bed.

Good shit Unstable, rubenov and Wicked, though!
Those were insanely fun matches to watch!

Daemul

Ghorn nerfed!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!

f92080aa.gif

About fucking time. Now Bungie can actually give us good boss mechanics instead of bullet sponges due to no longer having to design everything around the Ghorn.

todd360

I won't mind the nerfs IF it means we won't see level advantages in PvE content. I can live with a less effective Horn if it means I don't fight sponges soaking up everything I throw at them. Also, the Update makes it sound like there is no risk associated with shotgun use, when there absolutely is if you are a level under the enemies you are running up to.

They probably couldn't nerf pvp shotgun without making it weaker in pve or something. Who knows. It felt perfect in pve.

Mindlog

Boost damage by 10% against AI combatants
On ARs. I don't really care. I only used Suros for the headshot bounty and I only use the Abyss Defiant in PvE because I already have it leveled. Assault Rifles will eventually be getting a PvE buff. This is as obvious as the PvE shotgun buff. It's as obvious as the Thorn PvE buff. It's as obvious as knowing that buff would mess with PvP. It's as obvious as losing perks on an exotic would make it worse. At the very least it will start with the Dumpster Fire tier Necrochasm. The only AR I see consistently in Crota's End is Suros and that's mainly for the healing. Most players are using a Scout with Outlaw/Firefly, Fatebringer or something along those lines.
lTauN8h.jpg

Goddamn Warlocks are good.

Lima

It was only a matter of time for them to nerf Ghorn.

They left it OP on purpose cause they knew people were chasing it. Now that mostly everyone has one it is time to nerf it. Makes sense.

Deku Tree

f92080aa.gif

About fucking time. Now Bungie can actually give us good boss mechanics instead of bullet sponges due to no longer having to design everything around the Ghorn.

Lol no they'll keep giving us sponges but they're just gonna take longer to kill.
Had to expect a ghorn nerf after we made a mockery of Skolas solar burn.

EL CUCO

Just read the weapon update.

I dont even know this game anymore.. ;_;
Hopefully this means no more over leveled enemies

todd360

I for one look forward to the Oryx raid and am glad we can't just brutforce our way through with Ghorn.

But I never got to brute force my way :(

The only good thing about this is we actually have a decent chance of ghorn showing up tomorrow. I say decent because the chance was 0 before.

What? Nerfing Ghorn doesn't equal to them giving us good bosses. They're bullet sponges now and they'll forever be bullet sponges til the day they actually change the mechanics.

SonComet

I'm at work so I only skimmed. But is this not happening until the expansion? Are my auto rifles still useless for months? And how bad are the fusion changes going to mess with the already messed up mythoclast?

Super sad about ghorn.

E92 M3

I still don't get the shotgun PVE nerf...I guess it was too much fun?

At the end of the day, weapons can't be balanced for PVE and PVP. Just separate that shit.

I for one look forward to the Oryx raid and am glad we can't just brutforce our way through with Ghorn.

I am sad but happy that they are nerfing the Ghorn, it just made the solar burn Skolas a fucking joke, but I am glad they are going to make us suffer in the new raid as well. Its going to be grrrrrrrreeeeaaaaat.

phen0m24

are we really that mad about these changes?

I mean, a reduction in damage in Wolfpack rounds. So? Big whoop. Shoot one more rocket lol

HC nerf. Had to. Nobody uses anything else. if they want to win

Within one day after the changes we'll figure out the best weapons again

Daemul

What? Nerfing Ghorn doesn't equal to them giving us good bosses. They're bullet sponges now and they'll forever be bullet sponges til the day they actually change the mechanics.

If the boss fights are still shit after the Ghorn nerf than all hope is lost.

GhaleonEB

It will take me a while to digest the weapon tuning update, but I like nearly all of what I just read.

No weapon should be the one best for all situations, and I've long felt that the 'Horn was a mistake in its current iteration. What I find most interesting is the update focused on the impact that its power had on community behavior, rather than it utility as a weapon. That speaks to just how powerful it is (soon to be, was), but also to some of the secondary goals of the update, which is to ensure activities are more inclusive.

As a member of the Hornless, I'm all for it. I'd probably be a bit bummed if I did have one, but I still think it's a worthwhile change.

Several weapons I have in the vault are getting significant buffs (Hard Light, Necro), so I look forward to trying them out after the update.

Sad about the shotgun nerf in PvE, but they will still be absolute beasts.

Soo since Ghally is getting nerfed soon why don't you use it in all it's glory in PoE 32 by doing a clan flawless run with me to get my platinum :D

POE - Clan Flawless Run.

1 - Souldestroyer199
2 - ?
3 - ?

Would also like to run 1 strike afterwards with the same group for the strike trophy!

The PvE shotgun nerf is just 10%, though. If PoE is the last of the last, vestigial content with overleved AI, shotguns are getting a net buff for the content that will be replayed the most.

E92 M3

No one is talking about the HC ammo mag nerf. RIP Fatebringer

Yeah that blow's too, but thank goodness for quick reload perks.

are we really that mad about these changes?

I mean, a reduction in damage in Wolfpack rounds. So? Big whoop. Shoot one more rocket lol

HC nerf. Had to. Nobody uses anything else. if they want to win

Within one day after the changes we'll figure out the best weapons again

People always use the best weapon, but HC will still remain the most fun ;)

LiK

Wow, just when I was enjoying TLW, they decide to nerf the shit outta it.

Looks like I need to get used to Scouts again for PVP. it's gonna be the still good.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I still don't get the shotgun PVE nerf...I guess it was too much fun?

At the end of the day, weapons can't be balanced for PVE and PVP. Just separate that shit.

The shotgun nerf in PVE is the worst decision listed. It's just dumb. I never feel like any of the end game PVE stuff is broken by my shotguns. Not even close. The risk/reward is there already.

shem935

Banned
Guess I'm gonna have to dust off mida for use in crucible now. Love the "Thorn dot can stack 5 times on a target so it is a net positive" except if you shoot someone 5 times in crucible they are gonna die anyways.

Lima

I will be the happiest person in the world if all these changes mean I can run around more with my Mida Multi Tool in PvP. Just ask Unstable how much I love that gun. We all love it.

Daemul

The main reason I'm happy about the horn nerf is that Bungie should no longer be making us underlevelled in activities like they did with Hard mode Crota and PoE35. If they still pull that shit in TTK than this game is dead to me.

Toddler

I feel as if I should have a Gjallarhorn at the Postmaster since Jon just said "Ballerhorn" in the update and I made that up.

You're welcome, Bungie. Plenty more Destiny adlibs where that came from...

shem935

Banned
The main reason I'm happy about the horn nerf is that Bungle should no longer be making us underlevelled in activities like they did with Hard mode Crota and PoE35. If they still pull that shit in TTK than this game is dead to me.

They are going too you know it. Gonna be underleveld for Oryx hard mode I guarantee it.

MechDX

Changes for the sake of change. Just separate the guns performance on PVP AND PVE . Lol Bungie

I wish I wasn't so damn hooked on this game so I could pass on the TTK expansion

Top Bottom