• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Zoidberg

are we really that mad about these changes?

I mean, a reduction in damage in Wolfpack rounds. So? Big whoop. Shoot one more rocket lol

HC nerf. Had to. Nobody uses anything else. if they want to win

Within one day after the changes we'll figure out the best weapons again

I really hope that instead of a few excellent weapons we have a lot of choice in TTK. I don't want to end up in the same situation in a year where the fatebringer + found verdict/blackhammer + ghorn combo of TTK is found and that's the new norm.

Top page titan hype
screenshot-titan-2-thumb.jpg

LiK

I will be the happiest person in the world if all these changes mean I can run around more with my Mida Multi Tool in PvP. Just ask Unstable how much I love that gun. We all love it.

time for me to dust off my Mida. I also have NL Shadow and Salvation. Gonna max out those guns now.

nOoblet16

Only thing I am pissed about is

1) White Nail nerf...just why? (This the most)
2) Icebreaker to 8 seconds
3) Horn nerf...just let that one weapon be OP

venom2124

Pve nerfs for shotguns, ice breaker, black hammer, and the horn are terrible. Kind of annoyed with Bungies decision making on the pve side. Balance whatever you want on the pvp side but stop weakening weapons on the pve side.

ocean

Banned
They butchered the TLW.

Yeah, that could be interesting, but they ruined the one thing that made the BH an interesting weapon. It's just another useless high impact sniper now.

Bungie said that no fun allowed for shotguns.

Um... Black Hammer is still one of only 2 snipers of that impact class in the entire game(the other being Efrideet's Spear, only available through PvP). And with 18 bullets to plow from, the lack of a reload animation between chained crits makes it remain an amazing weapon. I like it better now obviously but it's silly to consider it useless now. Have some perspective.

_woLf

They're really pushing for TLW to be a hip-fire only kind of gun now, huh? Guess I better get all my enjoyment out of it while I can.

It's honestly not even that great in hip-fire in PvP because of how many people use shotguns. Maybe the shotgun nerfs will help but to me I actually enjoyed using it more as a mid-range, now that's gone and I won't be able to fire as many rounds on top of it. TLW got hit harder than any other weapon.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Like others are saying, completely do not understand the PvE shotgun nerf. The buff made them perfect for PvE.

Icebreaker nerf, that's just stupid. 8 seconds per round...why not just delete the weapon from the game, aint no one using that shit now.

Hand cannons, need to wait to see for myself but it was needed. And of course just as I started having fun with TLW. Thorn, dont give a fuck.

Blackhammer, knew that shit was coming. Best PvE sniper in the game. It's usefulness proved that bungie has no clue how to playtest weapons. Still will be good but now limited to your ammo count.

Scouts sound great.

Pulse, still don't use them outside of the occasional Red Death

Gally-LOL I ain't got one so who cares...I will get one the day the nerf hits...or xur will actually sell it now.

zewone

These changes sound like shit. All the people bitching going to turn this game into every other cookie cutter FPS where every gun is the damn same. And people without Gjallarhorns got them to nerf the people who do have its fun. Haha.

I hope you guys like Red Death.

All hail Red Death, long live the Red Death.

phen0m24

I really hope that instead of a few excellent weapons we have a lot of choice in TTK. I don't want to end up in the same situation in a year where the fatebringer + found verdict/blackhammer + ghorn combo of TTK is found and that's the new norm.

Top page titan hype
screenshot-titan-2-thumb.jpg

I didn't mean it quite like that, rather it's not the end of the world - and we'll still find/figure out what works best in time.

poor Zoba needs a new primary now.

Dude Lik you know TG can win with a rock and a stick of gum.

ocean

Banned
I honestly never understood people who said a Gjallarhorn nerf was needed.
I don't understand people upset about the nerf either.

It's just a Rocket Launcher that does 1.5x-2x the damage of other rockets. That's pretty neat obviously, but nerfing a rocket launcher is probably the most meaningless change possible in the game except for a few, very specific situations. Outside of solo raid runs, Gjallarhorn or not is just whatever. "Killing a boss with 15 rockets instead of 20, hype!" I mean really?

The only thing in the update I didn't like was the HC nerfs. The tuning to the Exotics HCs would have been enough, Legendary HCs were fine. I mean who can honestly say they've been killed by a Red Hand or Jewel and thought "oh that's bullshit"?

Namikaze1

Reduce damage of Wolfpack Rounds

By how much dammit? I mean you have NLB getting an additional 20% precision damage bonus while The Master is active, Hawkmoon's LitC damage bonus getting reduced by 3%, shotguns' damage in PvE being reduced by 10%, and so on.

Just break it to us, Bungie. By how much it is being reduced?

That Icebreaker recharge nerf seems so unnecessary to me. That five second wait already had enough tension as it is. lol

Wow, just when I was enjoying TLW, they decide to nerf the shit outta it.

Looks like I need to get used to Scouts again for PVP. it's gonna be the still good.

I'm in the exact same boat. At least I've always had a soft spot for Scout Rifles.

Korosenai

Hand cannon nerf was bound to happen.

Horn and BH nerf suck, especially BH.

So what weapon will have their next age? Hopefully Pulse Rifles, i'm ready for some Halo 2 and Halo 3 nostalgia gameplay.

It's honestly not even that great in hip-fire in PvP because of how many people use shotguns. Maybe the shotgun nerfs will help but to me I actually enjoyed using it more as a mid-range, now that's gone and I won't be able to fire as many rounds on top of it. TLW got hit harder than any other weapon.

Yeah, even more so than Thorn.

Also Black Hammer is basically fucking useless now. One of the most satisfying things in the game was just continuously melting bosses with that gun with headshot after headshot. It felt so good.

Scout Rifles will be the new meta.

_woLf

It really bothers me that they didn't touch one of the biggest things that makes thorn so strong, especially in pvp: the annoying controller rumble and on-screen effects that the player who is hit by a shot from it has to deal with.

No other gun does that and it bothers me enough when I'm hit by it that I really hoped they'd do something about it.

Blech. With new Ice Breaker + Gjallarhorn those damage sponge bosses are going to be even more tedious.
Last week, my fireteam beat the level 34 boss without using heavy ammo synths. Gjallahorn was/is ridiculous. It changes the game dramatically, and I doubt the nerf will affect that.

My favorite part: my pulse rifles and scout rifles are going to become even better in PVP. There is nothing more satisfying than out gunning a Thorn spammer with the MIDA, and Bungie just promised to make it easier.

Lima

Hand cannon nerf was bound to happen.

Horn and BH nerf suck, especially BH.

So what weapon will have their next age? Hopefully Pulse Rifles, i'm ready for some Halo 2 and Halo 3 nostalgia gameplay.

It will be all about that Mida bro. I'm calling at. The Age of Mida is upon us.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Watch Hard Light is gonna be the most OP gun for crucible after the changes go live lol.

I think a lot of the exotics are in a pretty good spot for the most part. Hopefully if auto rifles get rebalanced, stuff like Hard Light gets a buff. I think it's one of the better looking and sounding weapons in the game, but it's pretty much complete garbage. I just refer to it as the Shard Light when it drops.

Hahaha, posted this the other day

NO MORE SHARD LIGHT, BITCHES

That's my take away. Kinda sucks, but TLW and black hammer are the biggest disappointments for me.

Exactly. TLW getting nerfed again really hurts

And white nail was a cool perked that rewarded precision. I don't understand what they're doing. They are making unique weapons that reward skill just average

Not really. Still going to be super useful for VoG despite 3 second delay on recharge.
You're gonna be waiting almost twice as long for each bullet to recharged. It's a pretty major nerf

nOoblet16

TLW nerf is really (practically speaking) fine, it won't affect it's effectiveness because 50% reduction in damage drop off distance doesn't really mean much when majority of encounter with that gun is medium range. The reduced stability in ADS is not really much either as if you are using the weapon correctly you won't be fan firing 8 rounds...and again medium to close range means you can afford an increase in recoil.

The hip fire bonus processing with ADS was a bug and it was going to be fixed anyway.

If anything the gun that gets hit the most in terms of PvP is Thorn, lower zoom, overall range reduction for Hand Canon, 1/3 DoT damage, lower stability and accuracy as well as most. It affects everything that happens to be the reason why people pick Thorn and why people are annoyed by Thorn.

_woLf

I'm really concerned at how definitive these changes sound. I hope they will read the feedback and make adjustments based on them and report them back to us.

Top Bottom