• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

LiK

i'm fine with the Thorn nerf since I don't like using that gun anyway. I'll never get Hawkmoon so nerf it more.

Korosenai

It will be all about that Mida bro. I'm calling at. The Age of Mida is upon us.

I actually hope it is. Right now with Handcannons you can either have Thorn or Last Word, no parity across the board for competitive play. With an age of Mida, everyone will have it and be on the save even playing field since it's the only scout exotic currently. I'm all in for that.

Mindlog

Hard Light is sex on the ears. Happy to see it in there.
Necrogasm! Wish I hadn't sharded my duplicates.
Icebreaker nerf? Really? I pretty much only use it for heavy ammo glitching.
Gjallarhorn nerf :smug:
AND THEY NERFED PVE SHOTGUNS! Why???????????????????????
Because I told them to.
Besides it's only 10%. Probably needs to be closer to 25%, but it's good they went with a small number first because of the other changes happening at the same time.

Some really solid changes all around. Most impressed by the Final Round nerf. They found a way to fix the PvP stupidity while keeping it as a very strong PvE perk. That's the epitome of balance.

Lima

I actually hope it is. Right now with Handcannons you can either have Thorn or Last Word, no parity across the board for competitive play. With an age of Mida, everyone will have it and be on the save even playing field since it's the only scout exotic currently. I'm all in for that.

Yo you up for Trials as soon as it goes live this week?

SgtCobra

My thoughts...I guess:

Auto rifles
Yep sounds decent, cautiously optimistic.
Pulse rifles
Not bad, still have to see how the top tier pulse rifles perform, they shouldn't act like scout rifles on roids.
Scout rifles
Yes....Yes....Still good.
Hand cannons
god-is-real-gifltrav.gif

Shotguns
The death of the Matador 64/Felwinter's Lie/Party Crasher +1 trifecta is upon us! Good stuff, I'm interested to see if this really helps about the rampant shotgunning in pvp. Too bad they did nothing about the blink/shotgun combo.
Fusion rifles
Okay, still not exactly understanding what they're trying to do but if this means that fusion rifles are going to be viable again then that's good.
Snipers
Final Round can kiss it.

- The exotic changes sound pretty good, I mean the Hard Light has always been a badass gun and the Thorn and TLW nerf are gifts from The Nine themselves. The Gjallarhorn and Black Hammer nerfs break my heart though... Here's hoping they don't nerf the Gjally that much. It's such an iconic weapon, I can't believe that they're actually nerfing it.

Dunk#7

I think all the weapon balancing sounds great. This is coming from somebody that owns all the "best" weapons.

I have always preferred scout rifles and I was hoping to read about a buff, but I agree with the comment that they are pretty balanced already. Some guns above SRs needed to be brought down a little. The TTK and strengths of SRs in PvE feel right.

Overall I think these changes really do balance the game and follow the intentions listed in the update.

We all know Black Hammer was a little cheap with infinite shots on some bosses. The change with Ice Breaker makes sense as well. If you sit back and look at it objectively certain guns change the way the game was intended to be played. Will be good to add variety to weapon selection

**assuming this balance is realized and we don't just get new weapons that rise to the top. If nothing else it will be a change of pace

Namikaze1

Y'all laughed at me when I said I spent 12 hours grinding for the husk! Now who's laughing now, jerks?!
I know you still are but dammit let me have this moment

Sofa King

Pointing out that there was a gateway weapon to some events (Gally) so you need to nerf it seems odd since they won't allow Xur to sell it. If Xur sold it, end of the issue you just gave for nerfing it without taking away the fun of the gun.

E92 M3

Why of course!

OT|27| Nerf the fun

...in the shower

Um... Black Hammer is still one of only 2 snipers of that impact class in the entire game(the other being Efrideet's Spear, only available through PvP). And with 18 bullets to plow from, the lack of a reload animation between chained crits makes it remain an amazing weapon. I like it better now obviously but it's silly to consider it useless now. Have some perspective.

Eh, I'd rather just use my ES with surplus - better for PVE now.

Watch Hard Light is gonna be the most OP gun for crucible after the changes go live lol.

Necrochasm bro

Hand cannon nerf was bound to happen.

Horn and BH nerf suck, especially BH.

So what weapon will have their next age? Hopefully Pulse Rifles, i'm ready for some Halo 2 and Halo 3 nostalgia gameplay.

Pulse rifles took a little nerf too. Probably the MIDA, indeed.

XenoRaven

I might have to log back into this game just to use Hard Light in PvP.

That Ice Breaker nerf will not have the desired effect. It will just make Nightfalls take longer. I don't hate it as a PvP nerf though.

Black Hammer pls no :(

Kyoufu

hope you guys didn't preorder TTK digitally. these nerfs are awful lol

I don't get it.

These nerfs are a good thing. Thorn will be less deadly in PVP. Shot Package shotguns will be less deadly in PVP. Gjallarhorn won't be as much cheese as it is currently. Black Hammer won't be as ridiculously ridonculous as it is currently.

These nerfs will promote loadout variety rather than everyone and their mother using the same 3 weapons in every single activity.

Y'all laughed at me when I said I spent 12 hours grinding for the husk! Now who's laughing now, jerks?!
I know you still are but dammit let me have this moment

What about your horn huh nami? Its all your fault, you and your necrochasm worthship. Its doomed us all D:

Michaelscottno.gif

Why are they killing my baby, The Last Word? Just fix the ads glitch. If I understand correctly the magazine size is going down too which makes it worse.

I just hope the age of pulse rifles won't be upon us.

Last trophy I need before becoming a guardian lord is leveling my Titan subclass. This means I'm gonna have to play lots of PvP as a very poorly leveled Titan defender. Yuck. I don't even have (or want to use) a shotgun to defend my bubble with.

Also, I'll happily take every one of these changes. So the Horn and BH or not the one and only go to PvE weapons anymore, they're not useless by any means.

Lima

Better start practicing your hip fire skills for TLW. Shit will be OP. All matches in TTK are gonna be like dem old western movies.

I don't get it.

These nerfs are a good thing. Thorn will be less deadly in PVP. Shot Package shotguns will be less deadly in PVP. Gjallarhorn won't be as much cheese as it is currently. Black Hammer won't be as ridiculously ridonculous as it is currently.

These nerfs will promote loadout variety rather than everyone and their mother using the same 3 weapons in every single activity.

Which I want. It was like this for like maybe the first month of the game and it was awesome seeing different loadouts. AR+FR+Machine Gun pls

I don't get it.

Yeah the changes are, on paper, good. The complaining is just because everyone likes to have an easy time with the OP loadout chosen. The changes make sense in that they are fixing some stuff that was getting overused by the community because why wouldnt you use these weapons that are clearly better than everything else? The horn especially.

Deku Tree

Wait... They didn't say they were nerfing hammer forged on old shotguns from TDB era.. Did those slip through the cracks... Will an expansion one Felwinters with Hammer Forged still reck people at long range?

DNAbro

People are wondering what the new thorn will be but it's probably going to be one of the exotics in the expansion. just a guess though.

I don't get it.

From a PVP perspective they're good I guess. But PVE keeps getting shafted to balance guns for PVP, and there is literally no reason for them to nerf the weapons that actually make Nightfalls bearable. It's just another case of Bungie deciding how we should play their game, when the way they've designed it makes it a fucking slog which is far more about devoting time into it rather than effort. The IB/BH/GJ nerfs only mean you're going to have to spend even more time whittling away enemy HP on autopilot.

The biggest take-away from the update for me: fusion rifles will continue to be fucking useless. Why. The. Fuck.

Balance pvp and pve separately for fuck sake so I can melt aliens with my space magic energy gun.

zewone

No, it won't.

People will just find the new meta (likely Red Death and MIDA).

Shotgun nerf doesn't sound harsh enough. Expect to still be blink/sliding shotgunned.

neoism

AUTO RIFLES

As a whole, Auto Rifles needed to be reevaluated from the 1.1.1 update. The goals are still the same for this weapon, but this time the approach centers on a higher base damage with quicker falloff. With 2.0.0, our Sandbox programmers have granted the ability to independently tune Range and Damage Falloff. This allows us to emphasize optimal combat range without violating some of the more intricate aiming systems that are tied into the Range stat.

When the update goes live damage falloff will be more obvious, (as shown in the following screens.

(Internal test level pictured below)

Goals:

Auto Rifle is optimal at close to medium range
Damage, Stability, and Range are tuned such that players desire Stability for reliable close quarters damage, or Range for better accuracy and increased damage at a distance
Elevate Auto Rifles so they are a more competitive option in PVP, and simultaneously more satisfying to use in PVE

Changes:

Increase base damage
Start damage falloff closer to the player to emphasize its role as a close to medium range weapon
Small reduction in base stability. Landing shots at optimal range is unaffected, but repeated precision hits require more weapon control to land consistently
Boost damage by 10% against AI combatants
LMdxeYR.gif

I just can't grasp the nerf they're doing to Icebreaker. I don't even use it but find the nerf insane. 8 seconds per reload shot? At this point they might as well just strip the title of Exotics off all of these weapons.

III-V

judging from the damage falloff pics they posted, the auto rifle buff really doesn't look that great. I guess we will see when in play.

Top Bottom