• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Kyoufu

100% NO

so now its just a wasted exotic slot and just the prettiest rocket launcher in the game... if its a slight nerf then why bother at all... MAKE IT MORE available..SMFH bungie's
reasoning behind the nerf is ridiculous... Ive never played with anyone that said no horn you cant play with us... and I never would play with anyone that said that to me...

So you want to use Gjallarhorn exclusively until the end of time? Why? You might as well stop playing the game right now because any future exotic weapons you acquire most likely won't replace Gjallarhorn, so why bother playing? :p

I don't know why some people are against the idea of balance. Having the same loadout forced on you is terrible design and was inevitably being addressed. This is why balance patches exist in every game of this type.

GhaleonEB

Wut? Why even talk about this now?

The last few weeks, people were saying things like, if Bungie doesn't talk about weapon rebalancing in the BWU people are going to be rightfully pissed. Today, you're asking why they're talking about weapon rebalancing. Bungie can't win. :lol

What timezone are you? A few people in the thread organise newbie raids and most are happy to take new people along to stuff, but depends on what time you are on as to how many responses you may get.

I'm in central timezone. free for the rest of the night today, usually free weekday evenings. lvl 29.

People like TripleWreck who do nothing but PvP are so tonedeaf right now, LOL

There are many and sometimes better things to do in this game besides PvP. At least right now there is.

I would love a blink nerf because I suck at it lol. Maybe add a 1 second delay at the end to drawing your weapon??? Salt tears would flow...

Otherwise, there's just too many changes to really have any idea how everything will shake out. Knowing Bungie it won't be balanced just changed...

well they touched on it here

Senior Design Lead Sage Merrill: "I’m going to go back to putting the finishing touches on the new Subclasses and trying to figure out how I can make Blink less frustrating to fight against. People keep showing up at my desk asking me when I’m going to remove Blink from the game, and I don’t want to do that, so back to the drawing board! Here is Newsk with some delayed, but very tasty Weapon info."

Mindlog

I feel really bad for Hand Cannon lovers. Nobody asked for these changes. We just wanted to stop getting sniped by medium range weapons. Who was complaining about all hand cannons bungie? Nobody. Nobody was.
I was. Handcannons solve too many problems. It's very rare that you would ever take Fang of Ir Yut over Fatebringer. Scout Rifles don't have a deep enough clip, RoF or straight up damage advantage at any range.
RIP PvE shotguns, it was fun while it lasted. We should have known it was too good to be true.

I don't really care about Ice Breaker and I haven't even had the Horn for 2 months. Hand Cannons needed work, no doubt.

BUT WHY MESS WITH SHOTGUNS, BUNGIE???
Then: Shotgun 100 % damage increase in PVE
Now: Reduce Precision Damage multiplier on Shotguns by 10%, Reduce damage against AI combatants by 10%

A 100% damage increase was silly. Shouldn't have taken this long to correct.

The last few weeks, people were saying things like, if Bungie doesn't talk about weapon rebalancing in the BWU people are going to be rightfully pissed. Today, you're asking why they're talking about weapon rebalancing. Bungie can't win. :lol

That is true. Whatever they do you can be sure there will be complaining

Hyun Sai

Senior Design Lead Sage Merrill: "I’m going to go back to putting the finishing touches on the new Subclasses and trying to figure out how I can make Blink less frustrating to fight against. People keep showing up at my desk asking me when I’m going to remove Blink from the game, and I don’t want to do that, so back to the drawing board! Here is Newsk with some delayed, but very tasty Weapon info."

Heeh, that's good !

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Having the same loadout forced on you is terrible design and was inevitably being addressed. This is why balance patches exist in every game of this type.
I think I feel salty because I basically paid 35 dollars over two expansions for them to learn that the Gjallarhorn was an overpowered weapon and that bullet sponge bosses were terrible design. lol

This wouldn't be a problem if bosses weren't so boring to fight though. Every encounter is the same thing - boss with like 40k HP and dozens of adds rushing you.
Throw in a burn or lightswitch and there's no incentive not to just hide in a corner and snipe/Horn.

Let's hope future strikes will all have some more interesting mechanics to them like in the raids / Skolas. Or even just give the boss a couple of different stages / attack types. Anything that makes them more interesting, instead of just standing there and continuesly firing at the player.

Without considering perks, any Hand Cannon is a 3-headshot kill. In this scenario, a low impact Hand Cannon like The Devil You Don't has the lowest TTK.

Luck in the Chamber and Final Round boost damage by 33% though, making it possible to get a 2 headshot kill with a medium-impact Hand Cannon like The Devil You Know or Red Hand IX.

Without lucky bullets:
Low Impact (TDYD, Revelator, Up The Ante): 0.73s
Middle Impact (TDYK, Jewel, Fatebringer et al): 0.86s
High Impact (Ill Will, Timur's Lash): 1s

For reference:
High Impact Pulse Rifles (Messenger, Pilgrim): 0.73s
Middle Impact Pulse Rifles (Allfate, Red Death, 9th Edict): 0.67s

High Impact Scout Rifles (Scholar, Ghaleon's): 0.8s
Middle Impact Scout Rifles (Fang, Salvation State, Rapier): 1s

Hot damn that was informative! Thank you. I always shoot three just in case, so low impact for me. I don't want to rely on luck. I'll probably aim for stability and ammo/reload perks.

Well well well now this is interesting. Blink is the most annoying thing by far to fight against. I would do better on pvp if i used it but i refuse to.

LiK

It really is. I would say let's hope they don't repeat for Oryx Hard Mode but we all know they will.

yea, it's gonna be a struggle until they raise the lvl where it's fun. current CE HM is fine with lvl 34 crew. it was such an annoyance before they upped the lvl cap.

E92 M3

I didn't mean to imply that only modern games commit the sin or that all modern games are crap; I was simply commenting on the modern- and it is a modern- design trend of inserting RPG lite, vertical progression systems into every AAA genre to make the player feel like they're constantly getting stronger, regardless of whether they're actually increasing in skill or not.

I think you and I are discussing slightly different topics. I'm not talking about the systems, but more so the essence of what video games represent.

neoism

Can someone explain to me the final round change?

Does this mean you can no longer get OHK by a body shot from final round?

Wat?

yup it makes to sense to me either you only get it on a head shot so its basically pointless....

bungle for the lose...

Lima

People like TripleWreck who do nothing but PvP are so tonedeaf right now, LOL

There are many and sometimes better things to do in this game besides PvP. At least right now there is.

Right now? There is nothing to do in this game besides PvP. Play some lame ass PoE and fall asleep because of boredom?

At first I was like

961.gif

then I was

disapointedfangif_zpsb082a5ba.gif

fine, fine, Hand cannons needed work, just take it easy her-

1255.gif

Ugh.

1295.gif

NeOak

|OT27| The Taken Wolf

GG Bungie. The one weapon you should have NOT nerfed at all.

Also, the AR "buff" makes them even more worthless than atm.

inthrall

|OT•27| The Taken Horn

Loving the changes in this balance update, guess its time to see if my Badger with Firefly + Explosive Rounds can do anything in PvP
probably not...

Also, yay a buff to Necrochasm! Mines been rotting in the bank since I got it...

Kyoufu

I think I feel salty because I basically paid 35 dollars over two expansions for them to learn that the Gjallarhorn was an overpowered weapon and that bullet sponge bosses were terrible design. lol

Right. I'm actually surprised and sort of confused that Gjallarhorn wasn't nerfed a very long time ago, but I guess they wanted to run with it because of bullet sponges prevalent in the game.

Going forward in TTK and future content, they must obviously be looking to avoid bullet sponge encounters thus an extremely overpowered weapon like Gjallarhorn could not co-exist with this new content and has to be toned down where it's still viable but not exclusively used by everyone and their aunts.

vctor182

Goddamit I knew they would take down TLW and Hawk with the Thorn nerf!! Good job bungie! you try to fix things for salty players well guess what? You're getting MORE salty players now!

Navy Bean

Right now? There is nothing to do in this game besides PvP. Play some lame ass PoE and fall asleep because of boredom?
Agreed. PoE is a disaster in my eyes. It's boring, tedious, and/or frustrating (Skolas) with terrible rewards. The old raids are still fun to run though...

Rainmaker

Banned
So you want to use Gjallarhorn exclusively until the end of time? Why? You might as well stop playing the game right now because any future exotic weapons you acquire most likely won't replace Gjallarhorn, so why bother playing? :p

I don't know why some people are against the idea of balance. Having the same loadout forced on you is terrible design and was inevitably being addressed. This is why balance patches exist in every game of this type.

People want options. If I want to use my old weapons I should get to. If the new stuff is actually fun, different, and well thought out I might want to use those too. This game is still very low varied loot that's worth a damn. They could still make stuff that people want to use and not force you to not use the old stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Let's hope future strikes will all have some more interesting mechanics to them like in the raids / Skolas. Or even just give the boss a couple of different stages / attack types. Anything that makes them more interesting, instead of just standing there and continuesly firing at the player.
At this point, I'd take a ripoff of the VoG mechanics.

Right. I'm actually surprised and sort of confused that Gjallarhorn wasn't nerfed a very long time ago, but I guess they wanted to run with it because of bullet sponges prevalent in the game.

Going forward in TTK and future content, they must obviously be looking to avoid bullet sponge encounters thus an extremely overpowered weapon like Gjallarhorn could not co-exist with this new content and has to be toned down where it's still viable but not exclusively used by everyone and their aunts.
I think that's fine. I just don't think I should pay 40 dollars for them to learn things that should be fairly obvious from the beginning. We're paying them to beta test for them and as a reward, you get an exclusive year 1 emblem that you probably don't have room in your inventory for anyway.

GutZ31

100% NO

so now its just a wasted exotic slot and just the prettiest rocket launcher in the game... if its a slight nerf then why bother at all... MAKE IT MORE available..SMFH bungie's
reasoning behind the nerf is ridiculous... Ive never played with anyone that said no horn you cant play with us... and I never would play with anyone that said that to me... bungie has really failed with exotics... there to good nerf the balls off of them... Ive had mine for awhile but I still use leg RL in PVP and PVE....

This.

I have been Sherpa to hundreds of raids, and if we aren't doing enough damage to a boss, I ask about what everyone is using.

Most problems with Crota come from people either not using heavy weapons, or using rocket launchers with very slow velocity/no tracking.

Best thing to have them do is pull out a heavy machine gun, or use snipers to keep constant fire on to keep shields from coming back.

Atheon is easy.
Templar is a bit of trouble if people aren't doing the damage, but over all, there is almost never a reason to exclude a person without gjallarhorn.

Vault of Glass to start, don't have Crota DLC.

Okay. We did a first timer VoG raid last week. Planning to do a Crota's End first timer raid this week.

Hawkian organizes newbie raids every week but he's doing IRL stuff so will probably not be able to do them for 1-2 weeks.

That said, if you're just looking to join a raid group and don't mind being coached about the mechanics and encounters, you'll find a group easily by just posting your psn/xbl and availability.

Today may not be the best day, at least not right now, and Trials of Osiris will start soon, so many people will be busy doing that over the weekend.

Anyway, if you're on PSN, add me: ruthlesbarbarian, I'll try and get a raid organised for you and other new players soon.

I really really really hope thats is the case but i dont have faith in Bungie to dont pick the easy way out of just doing bosses with obscene ammounts of hp instead of making them interesting. Bungi prove me wrong pls

ich00

Did anyone see this in the DeeJ update: "We’re looking down the barrel of the largest arsenal of weapons and armor that Destiny has ever seen – and that includes the original launch of the game."

That makes me real curious about how many new weapons we'll see the TTK, plus what's going to happen to all my current weapons. Also vault space, gonna need a lot more.

Lima

I can't figure out why POE is so fucking boring but ODST firefight was so fucking good.

Because ODST firefight was actually challenging in the right way. Enemies didn't always come from the same directions or out of the same doors etc.

The whole managing ammo packs and health packs between the 4 people was great.

And last but not least Halo is 10x the game that Destiny is.

Top Bottom