• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

NeOak

u6dXuCNh.jpg

/dead

traveler

Not Wario
But you DONT have to use Gjally if you don't want to. That's the thing. It was nice to have if you wanted to get through a piece of content that you've played a million times and just wanted to get to the loot drop. Their level designs brought this on. If they made something that was fun to look at, shoot, had a unique perk, and was effective in a decently (and not as good as Gjally) a lot of people would use it If they were playing content that was fun or entertaining every time you played it. They wouldn't be rushing through or feeling like they just need to get it done.

Content should be tuned around optimization. You should have to play at your best with the best. If the best is just one weapon way beyond everything else, then all encounter tuning has to be done with it in mind, rendering weapons that are noticeably weaker useless. If there is such a weapon and tuning is NOT done around it, then the content is too easy, and will be trivialized by anyone using the weapon.

People would have be excluded in game, the outsourcing got nothing to do with it.

Even here at the beginning of Hard Crota and Fire Burn Skolas, people were requesting the Horn.

As an owner of 3 of this bullshit weapon, I welcome the nerf, it will bring more variety in PVE loadouts.

You're right. As long as the bullet sponge bosses and enemies are adjusted with the nerf then I'm all for it. I'm hopeful.

Edit. Spelling

rc213

I'm up for raiding. Been slacking off on Destiny this week. That was the best 5 hour nap ever.

Normal DS/Crota x3?

I can run one, Haven't done it on my Hunter.

My list of weapons in my load out shrinks again.

Already have one Found Verdict per toon. Now have one Word of Crota per toon as well.

LTWood12

Baby has been crying 2 1/2 hours because of what they did to Black Hammer.

But seriously he's been crying that long, and I'm missing all the discussion :(

Bungie recognizes that some people are being excluded from end game content because they do not possess a Gjallahorn. The proposed solution is to nerd the Gjallahorn. Wouldn't it be easier to simply sell the Gjallahorn ?

I don't have a horn yet I compete in all end game content because I'm not a pussy. If you need a horn to compete in end game content, then you just suck at the game. Which is fine. It's a video game. It's completely irrelevant to the real world.

But now I have no white whale to go after. So I guess I'll play destiny to chill with my dogs once in a while. But Activision/Bungie has taken away my carrot. Probably a good thing to be honest. I've been spending way too much time playing a meaningless video game for the past 18 months anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oryx will be lvl 40
Oryx will have a new type of shield that is immune to all elemental damage, so you have to use old primary weapons.

Da fuck... they just killed The Black Hammer. :/

Why? Why? Seriously, why!?
Because they don't want you to cheese PvE content. lol

You know, I feel bad for the people playing through Destiny for the first time when TTK comes out, because they'll have to deal with bullet sponges but without any of the weapons to offset that terrible design.

Kyoufu

If TTK turns into more bullet sponge slogfests, I am done.

BH and Horn were not a crutch, it was about efficiency. They allowed me to more quickly complete activities in the very limited time I have to play the game.

If this nerf means I complete less and take even longer to progress, I am ddone.

Lima

I don't mind them putting something in place to fix just emptying the clip, but it ducks that they made that perk 100% useless on my spear.

It is not useless in PvE at all. They keep it useful for PvE but make it useless in PvP like it should be.

It is the best they could do without taking it out completely.

They can't keep allowing weapons to be upgraded. I really hope with Taken King they make the older weapons obsolete. I also hope they create gear independent from each other for PVE and PVP like they have already started, but take it one step further with separating them entirely liike other MMO's have done. I realize my opinion probably isn't a popular one, but it's impossible to continue to balance the game if they keep heading in this direction.

PS. I need to do three nightfall's, anyone else slacked this week?

This is my gear. Someone tell me what primary is better?

Auto rifles are a strict no-no. Get a hand cannon, scout rifle or a high impact pulse rifle.

PS: does not apply after 15/09/15 - use only scout and pulse rifles after that.

But I don't have a horn. I've been searching for one on Ps4 since forever. It's my white whale. Are you now telling me it's not worth it. This is complete and utter bullshit.

Not the way we expected, but Narmer Quest comes to an end :p

No one knows by how much Wolfpack Rounds damage is being reduced. They refused to put down a percentage for that. Everything else that was getting reduced/increased (damage wise) had percentages to them.

50% reduction. Believe me you.

Well to be fair, I can't imagine a scenario in which I buy TTK unless Luke Smith personally confirms to me that lesbian bears (rip iRAWR) are in the new raid so it's all theoretical for me anyway.

If the new hard raid has enemies that are one level higher than the level cap, I know for sure I'm never playing Destiny again.

Yup, the way Bungie and LS pimped out Oryx raid got me hyped, I wish they show more stuff sooner than later.

ocean

Banned
If TTK turns into more bullet sponge slogfests, I am done.

BH and Horn were not a crutch, it was about efficiency. They allowed me to more quickly complete activities in the very limited time I have to play the game.

If this nerf means I complete less and take even longer to progress, I am ddone.
In preparation for TTK, let's do something. I'm not being sarcastic or snarky at all.

Let's group up tomorrow and try to speed run a spongy Strike like Valus with a Horn and Black Hammer. Then we'll speed run it again with literally any other rocket launcher and high impact sniper.

I'm honestly curious to see what difference it'll make in total time.

traveler

Not Wario
The fact that they're actually bothering to tweak Black Hammer in a patch that will launch alongside the TTK is kind of worrisome. I really hope old Legs aren't viable for yet another stretch of content.

Oryx will have a new type of shield that is immune to all elemental damage, so you have to use old primary weapons.

Because they don't want you to cheese PvE content. lol

You know, I feel bad for the people playing through Destiny for the first time when TTK comes out, because they'll have to deal with bullet sponges but without any of the weapons to offset that terrible design.

Or they could offer a buff against Oryx that's effective during the use of a Red Bull code...

Why do I do this?

I find it hard to believe that anybody actually enjoys current PVP and doesn't cheese with a Hand Cannon and/or Shot Package Shotgun.

I'm sorry, but PVP in its current state is a pile of steaming turd no matter how fun Unstable's streams are to watch.
I actually do enjoy the current pvp but that could also be because I'm not constantly killed by everything that everyone hates.

These changes seem alright though. We'll see.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
In preparation for TTK, let's do something. I'm not being sarcastic or snarky at all.

Let's group up tomorrow and try to speed run a spongy Strike like Valus with a Horn and Black Hammer. Then we'll speed run it again with literally any other rocket launcher and high impact sniper.

I'm honestly curious to see what difference it'll make in total time.
It's not even something you need to test. Just do Sepiks without blackhammer or icebreaker and see how long it takes for you to kill the devil walker.

I mean, this assumes you're cheesing all the strikes - which really, is how they want you to play the game anyway, even if that's not their intention.

Dunlop

Wow this thread is giving me flashbacks to my Wow days where each class change would cause people to freak out and threaten to quit lol

neoism

So you want to use Gjallarhorn exclusively until the end of time? Why? You might as well stop playing the game right now because any future exotic weapons you acquire most likely won't replace Gjallarhorn, so why bother playing? :p

I don't know why some people are against the idea of balance. Having the same loadout forced on you is terrible design and was inevitably being addressed. This is why balance patches exist in every game of this type.

you missed my other post I guess Ive had my HORN for a long time prob 9 months or something I still use leg RL all the time in pve and pvp... I think they need to balance the weapons lol I understand bungie wanting us to use the new hottness... but completely abandoning to OG weaps because they are """"better"""" ""Newer""" weapons well I think there isnt a reason to play if thats the case. they need to make ALL weapons people have spent there time getting useful... not just waiting down the road for us the give them more money for better weapons and completely forgot the old ones.

traveler

Not Wario
you missed my other post I guess Ive had my HORN for a long time prob 9 months or something I still use leg RL all the time in pve and pvp... I think they need to balance the weapons lol I understand bungie wanting us to use the new hottness... but completely abandoning to OG weaps because they are """"better"""" ""Newer""" weapons well I think there isnt a reason to play if thats the case. they need to make ALL weapons poeple have spent there time with useful... not just waiting down the road for us the give them more money for better weapons and completely forgot the old ones.
So....

If the new stuff is weaker than Gjallarhorn, people will use Gjallarhorn. This is not good.
If the new stuff is equivalent in power, people will either use Gjallarhorn or the new stuff and content will still have to be tuned around that power level, making everything else useless. This is not good.
If the new stuff is greater in power than Gjallarhorn, situation B occurs; only, Gjallarhorn isn't even viable. This is not good.
If everything were buffed to Gjallarhorn's level and the content not adjusted, (which would take way more work than just nerfing Gjallarhorn, so why bother?) content will be undertuned. This is not good.
If everything were buffed to Gjallarhorn's level and the content was buffed to compensate for the insane amount of damage everything would be capable of putting out.... you have the exact same situation a Gjallarhorn nerf puts you in.

Situation D or E?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow this thread is giving me flashbacks to my Wow days where each class change would cause people to freak out and threaten to quit lol
The difference is, they're trying to get people to buy an expansion pack and all we have to judge them on is the current content in the game which is, well, pretty average at best.

Kyoufu

you missed my other post I guess Ive had my HORN for a long time prob 9 months or something I still use leg RL all the time in pve and pvp... I think they need to balance the weapons lol I understand bungie wanting us to use the new hottness... but completely abandoning to OG weaps because they are """"better"""" ""Newer""" weapons well I think there isnt a reason to play if thats the case. they need to make ALL weapons poeple have spent there time with useful... not just waiting down the road for us the give them more money for better weapons and completely forgot the old ones.

Well I don't think they're abandoning old weapons, otherwise they wouldn't let us ascend anything, and I have to assume that they'll be allowing players to ascend current weapons (at least exotics) in TTK.

Top Bottom