• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

it was, meant nerfs.

I thought so, but with all the people mad/quitting it was really apt. :p

Edit: Top of page! For Driz.

p8KqZBa.gif

Dunlop

Just got Icebreaker yesterday but I don't really get the point of the nerf.

If you are just using the gun and waiting on ammo regen it is assumerd you are in a safe perch. This is just to make you wait longer?

Bungie:

no, it's weaker but it stacks. so if you get hit your life won't be draining so much anymore unless they are able to hit you more. this kinda stops Thorn users from just hitting you twice and hoping you die.

That's actual ballance, in okay with that. I wish they would buff something on TLW to counter the nerfs.

I'm just not sure what they're thinking at this point in terms of the future of the game. I don't think they have a real plan and it seems like these weapon balances are poorly thought out at best.

Down. Goes. Holyfield.

Ophelion

Sooooooo, how about them changes, huh?

Anybody?

Okay, moving right along.

I'm a brand new player when it comes to raids. As in, I've never done VoG or CE. I would like to, however.

Is there anyone doing VoG and can I join, or do 5 of you beautiful Gaffers want to join me in doing it?

Come on in. I've got two relative new people on my fireteam already. We can all die joyfully together!

PSN mr_vandemar

Rehsa

You guys need to calm down. Shit is 2 months away and we will actually have new content to play then.

We always over react here. We need to calm down and form a decision once we actually play with this patch applied.
Just had some Godiva cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, im calm :)

OkayRene

If you land 5 body shots your target is dead.

The real take away here is that the Thorn can't 2 shot anymore.

In fact no primary except the Hawkmoon will be able to if you get lucky and proc the correct perks. Actual gunfights in Destiny? Yes please.

But takes 5 hits to stack fully.

Bungie:

no, it's weaker but it stacks. so if you get hit your life won't be draining so much anymore unless they are able to hit you more. this kinda stops Thorn users from just hitting you twice and hoping you die.

Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah if you land 5 body shots, guardians should already be dead anyway. But it might be more viable for PvE?

RetroMG

Hey, I'm just coming in and seeing all of this news about weapon nerfs, but I'm not seeing when they go live. (Or if they already have?)

A little bit surprised that no one has mentioned the horseshoes and grenades nerf for rocket launchers. That's the nerf that seemed odd and annoying to me.

spyder_ur

You must not have played pvp these past few months :p

Believe me I've played plenty. When people with shotguns get close to you they kill you. That seems OK. I've had a ton of fun with TLW backing up on shotgun rushers. It doesn't bother me that much.

And maybe my favorite change they've made was making shotguns viable in PvE so to me it's not worth it.

todd360

They were probably thinking that a legendary weapon gained from a normal mode raid shouldn't be so ridiculously powerful.

It was pretty much an exotic in disguise. I think this might be for the best. Icebreaker nerf is just weird though. No one even uses it that much anymore.

Kyoufu

Believe me I've played plenty. When people with shotguns get close to you they kill you. That seems OK. I've had a ton of fun with TLW backing up on shotgun rushers. It doesn't bother me that much.

And maybe my favorite change they've made was making shotguns viable in PvE so to me it's not worth it.

The problem is that they don't really get all that close to you. The number of times I've been killed by Felwinter/Matador 64 from outside what I consider to be "close"... it's really silly.

It was pretty much an exotic on disguise. I think this might be for the best. Icebreaker nerf is just weird though. No one even uses it that much anymore.

Seriously icebreakers were pretty much already being ignored. Now Bungie has made sure they are going to get sharded.

can somebody explain the black hammer nerf to me? I use it all the time so it will affect me.

When you proc the White Nail perk right now, you get all three bullets you fired back in the magazine similar to how Mulligan or SGA work. When the patch hits, you'll get 3 bullets taken from your reserve ammo. It's literally now just a perk that saves you reloading until your reserve ammo is completely empty.

njean777

Seriously icebreakers were pretty much already being ignored. Now Bungie has made sure they are going to get sharded.

Ill keep mine to remember the good times.

When you proc the White Nail perk right now, you get all three bullets you fired back in the magazine. When the patch hits, you'll get 3 bullets taken from your reserve ammo. It's literally now just a perk that saves you reloading until your reserve ammo is completely empty.

Thats fucking insane, WTF, they are going to fix that I bet. BUNGIE NOOOOOOOOOOO

Dunlop

The problem is that they don't really get all that close to you. The number of times I've been killed by Felwinter/Matador 64 from outside what I consider to be "close"... it's really silly.

Once broke my habit of getting so close to use my shotgun and realized just how far back I could shoot with my Felwinter was game changing in PVP lol

Kyoufu

can somebody explain the black hammer nerf to me? I use it all the time so it will affect me.

Instead of chaining precision hits for potentially infinite shots, you instead pull ammo out of your reserve ammo, so you will eventually go through all 18 or so bullets before being out of ammo.

I need 3 for regular VoG. Got some relative newbies with me.

1. mr_vandemar (me)
2. my kid brother
3. my newbie friend
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

I will love you guys forever if you help me with this. :-D

...anybody?

I'm a brand new player when it comes to raids. As in, I've never done VoG or CE. I would like to, however.

Is there anyone doing VoG and can I join, or do 5 of you beautiful Gaffers want to join me in doing it?

Thanks a bunch, I'm on psn i'll add you. my psn: cal_carlson.

That's 5 players. anyone for the 6th spot? If not i'll jump in.

Honestly, I really liked all the changes they are going to make with weapons...I am excited for the new diversity in gun-play and mechanics. People don't like change; but the gameplay has become stale with the lack of diversity currently in destiny pvp and pve for sure.

SheHateMe

PSN or XBL?

there was another player a few pages back looking to get into a raid for the first time, if there are more then I can probably organise something.

there is a Crota's end raid planned this weekend - sat or sun, are you interested in running that? It will be on PS4 though.

PSN. I'm on PS4, so it works for me. I'll be more than happy to do that if it's on Saturday.

maomaoIYP

I need 3 for regular VoG. Got some relative newbies with me.

1. mr_vandemar (me)
2. my kid brother
3. my newbie friend
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

I will love you guys forever if you help me with this. :-D

...anybody?
I'll join but i'm running off in about 90 mins time
I'm a newbie too. PSN feetiemaomao

edit: come to think of it I shouldn't take up a spot if i'm going off soon. Join you guys next time

Nori Chan

Honestly, I really liked all the changes they are going to make with weapons...I am excited for the new diversity in gun-play and mechanics. People don't like change; but the gameplay has become stale with the lack of diversity currently in destiny pvp and pve for sure.

The weapons are not what makes the game stale. It's everything else. SSDifferentReset.

The Black Hammer nerf is an absolute tragedy. What the Hell were they thinking?
I remember when they said we should be rewarded for hitting precision shots.

pTfRTsE.gif

I think the nerf to Icebreaker is a tragedy. No one uses it right now due to the long reload time and they want to make it 8 seconds?

They at least did right by NLB. I have been saying forever that the Master needed a serious buff.

Nechrochasm gets a good buffed almost exactly how I would have done it too. I still think it needs more impact.

Lima

Yeah these two are really "WTF are you thinking" changes. I don't get the icebreaker change at all. Basically, they're just asking you to sit around for 3 more seconds to get ammo. What?

Especially hilarious when reading the comments from the dude on it

We’ve all done it. Hunker down in the back of the map with your lunch box, picnic table, a sci-fi paperback, and Ice Breaker. Kill all the enemies, wait for more to show up, kill those ones too, put a few shots on the boss, make a sandwich, finish the strike, and then collect your reward-that-isn’t-Hawkmoon and move on.

What do you think will happen? Yeah people will just sit around longer. Like I don't think an actual human being came up with this change.

traveler

Not Wario
The IB nerf is a bit weird. Sure, it's coming back due to the special ammo change, and, yes, it does enable cheese and is probably the 2nd most generally useful PvE weapon behind the horn, but it didn't feel particularly nerf worthy at the moment. 3 seconds isn't too much of a nerf, though.

pTfRTsE.gif

Right, because Black Hammer's primary application is getting ammo off series of skill shots against agile opponents. It's definitely not generating infinite ammo from safety while you stagger lock slow, easy to hit bosses...

A little bit surprised that no one has mentioned the horseshoes and grenades nerf for rocket launchers. That's the nerf that seemed odd and annoying to me.
It's mostly because right now, rockets are doing some crazy shit for little aiming skill. It's getting to the point where it's more efficient to aim past people instead of aiming on the ground close to them and the perk rewards you for something that should be a miss 9/10 times.

The overabundance of G&H rockets has also completely made machine guns irrelevant in PvP to the point where if you want to use them you have to hide for a few minutes until the rockets are all wasted.

LiK

pTfRTsE.gif

I think the nerf to Icebreaker is a tragedy. No one uses it right now due to the long reload time and they want to make it 8 seconds?

saw you using it during our Dragon strike runs. gonna suck in 2 months.

The IB nerf is a bit weird. Sure, it's coming back due to the special ammo change, and, yes, it does enable cheese and is probably the 2nd most generally useful PvE weapon behind the horn, but it didn't feel particularly nerf worthy at the moment. 3 seconds isn't too much of a nerf, though.

Right, because Black Hammer's primary application is getting ammo off series of skill shots against agile opponents. It's definitely not generating infinite ammo from safety while you stagger lock slow, easy to hit bosses...

It's more like 18 seconds though. Which in game time is kind of a lot.

coy

tpo.gif

Ah man, just getting caught up now. While some I can agree with, others look rather misplaced. I do wish these changes were already implemented instead of waiting.

neoism

They have to remove ascending in TTK. They just don't have the room to keep making new stuff while keeping all of it relevant.

If the new stuff is weaker than Gjallarhorn, people will use Gjallarhorn. This is not good.
If the new stuff is equivalent in power, people will either use Gjallarhorn or the new stuff and content will still have to be tuned around that power level, making everything else useless. This is not good.
If the new stuff is greater in power than Gjallarhorn, situation B occurs; only, Gjallarhorn isn't even viable. This is not good.
If everything were buffed to Gjallarhorn's level and the content not adjusted, (which would take way more work than just nerfing Gjallarhorn, so why bother?) content will be undertuned. This is not good.
If everything were buffed to Gjallarhorn's level and the content was buffed to compensate for the insane amount of damage everything would be capable of putting out.... you have the exact same situation a Gjallarhorn nerf puts you in.

I understand this viewpoint but for me this means one thing... and thats the series will never have true-balance if they go this way which by itsself is hard to have in a game like this...but..Why bother even letting us take our character from new game to new game along with our items I'm sure,(we better) for us to just stop using them altogether. I understand with each new dlc they ""want"" us to use the new stuff they have made, so do we.. but there is no balance in the game at all if we just stopping using the old stuff because we gave them more money for the new. For me as a player that tells me to just wait til 2020 or whatever and get Destiny 3 once the last dlc for it comes out and play it then, because everything I played for before will be obsolete, that is not balance at all. All this means is they will forever nerf everything all throughout the series life span.. because they always will put out weapons they think are balanced but they themselves have said cant never play-test good enough... sometimes you should let something be special.. and not just something more pretty. I love PvP in this game and turly would be done with it if it wasn't awesome... but they REEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLY need to completely rethink PvE. You know doing the same NF week after week this coming for someone that only has one character because making a new one is sooooo fucking boring, the story(lol) its just terrible to go through again... but maybe if it wasn't the same thang over and over and over and over.... I wouldn't need to use my BEST of the BEST to get through it as fast as I can. They need to make encounters in PvE more organic, less bullet spongey, more FUN.
Yeah like I said they REALLY failed hard with exotics... the horn and IB nerfs are nerfs just to be nerfs.....

smh

traveler

Not Wario
It's more like 18 seconds though. Which in game time is kind of a lot.

As a pvp nerf, that's fine. As a pve nerf, it's weird. It doesn't stop cheese; just drags it out. I'd have rather seen it double incoming ammo and just have a larger than usual clip and magazine size as its exclusive perk if they really wanted to stop it.

Top Bottom