• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

you missed my other post I guess Ive had my HORN for a long time prob 9 months or something I still use leg RL all the time in pve and pvp... I think they need to balance the weapons lol I understand bungie wanting us to use the new hottness... but completely abandoning to OG weaps because they are """"better"""" ""Newer""" weapons well I think there isnt a reason to play if thats the case. they need to make ALL weapons people have spent there time getting useful... not just waiting down the road for us the give them more money for better weapons and completely forgot the old ones.

No but in order to create a changing meta and keeping play interesting you have to abandon old gear and move forward. Otherwise the game will stagnate completely.

Icebreaker nerf was probably to comply with the earlier pvp green ammo changes. Shotgun nerfs seem useless, Felwinters, Matador and co are currently so insanely overkill that gernal class changes can't do much.

In preparation for TTK, let's do something. I'm not being sarcastic or snarky at all.

Let's group up tomorrow and try to speed run a spongy Strike like Valus with a Horn and Black Hammer. Then we'll speed run it again with literally any other rocket launcher and high impact sniper.

I'm honestly curious to see what difference it'll make in total time.

This is a great idea. I would love to do it, but won't be able to play until next Tuesday. Don't wait for me though if you can find others.

Cmon guys, it's for Science.

SheHateMe

Sooooooo, how about them changes, huh?

Anybody?

Okay, moving right along.

I'm a brand new player when it comes to raids. As in, I've never done VoG or CE. I would like to, however.

Is there anyone doing VoG and can I join, or do 5 of you beautiful Gaffers want to join me in doing it?

Dunlop

you missed my other post I guess Ive had my HORN for a long time prob 9 months or something I still use leg RL all the time in pve and pvp... I think they need to balance the weapons lol I understand bungie wanting us to use the new hottness... but completely abandoning to OG weaps because they are """"better"""" ""Newer""" weapons well I think there isnt a reason to play if thats the case. they need to make ALL weapons people have spent there time getting useful... not just waiting down the road for us the give them more money for better weapons and completely forgot the old ones.

Do we know exactly what the nerf is?

At the present time horn is far far far far far and away the best RL in the game for PVE (probably best weapon overall) there is nothing that comes close to it

The first week of HoW, how many threads were there here about people saying fuck it to the new boss mechanics and just having a group do gally spam?

They are trying to bring the weapon "back to reality"

of course I don't have one, so I am less upset than others :p

Lima

But we need these changes now, not 2 months later when new content will be out. You still have to suffer 2 more months of final round scumbaggery.

Basically.

Tell us about the wonderful place PvP is going to be and then lock up the place and throw the key away for 2 months.

fGsjNDm.gif

This was me reading the changes.

It is not useless in PvE at all. They keep it useful for PvE but make it useless in PvP like it should be.

It is the best they could do without taking it out completely.

It's a PvP sniper. I have much better PvE options. Whatever. I really don't care that much. Hopefully the new raid will live up to the hype and I can give up PvP for a while.

Icebreaker nerf was probably to comply with the earlier pvp green ammo changes. Shotgun nerfs seem useless, Felwinters, Matador and co are currently so insanely overkill that gernal class changes can't do much.

It was nerfed because they knew it would become the fallback plan in a BH/Horn nerfed world.

Remember when DeeJ celebrated the day Xur sold Ice Breaker to the masses with big info dumps and fanfare? Water under the bridge now.

spyder_ur

Those TLW changes sound pretty devastating. I'm pretty bummed about that - getting good with it really reignited my interest in PvP.

Am I wrong or does the Thorn nerf not sound that bad? Maybe I'm missing it and the seemingly small changes turn it from 3 shot kill to 4 or something like that. Or maybe the HC range nerfs take care of my problem with Thorn.

Shotgun nerfs seem totally unnecessary to me.

I'm skeptical on these changes; it seems every time Bungie nerfs a bunch of stuff instead of buffing other stuff it turns out too drastic.

X-Frame

I am fine with all the changes except the Hand Cannon nerfs. Wow there are a lot of nerfs for all of them. Is that called for? And not 1 single buff to possibly balance it out?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I am fine with all the changes except the Hand Cannon nerfs. Wow there are a lot of nerfs for all of them. Is that called for? And not 1 single buff to possibly balance it out?

Handcannons are old news my friend. It's all about OP scout rifles now.

LiK

Those TLW changes sound pretty devastating. I'm pretty bummed about that - getting good with it really reignited my interest in PvP.

Am I wrong or does the Thorn nerf not sound that bad? Maybe I'm missing it and the seemingly small changes turn it from 3 shot kill to 4 or something like that. Or maybe the HC range nerfs take care of my problem with Thorn.

Shotgun nerfs seem totally unnecessary to me.

I'm cautious on these changes; it seems every time Bungie nerfs a bunch of stuff instead of buffing other stuff it turns out too drastic.

Thorn nerf isn't that bad compared to TLW. Thorn just isn't as effective but if you're good with it, you can still destroy. TLW nerf makes it way weaker.

This is a great idea. I would love to do it, but won't be able to play until next Tuesday. Don't wait for me though if you can find others.

Uh no, it's been done and tested before, there is a reason why everyone uses horns and hammers on these strikes.

When the shotgun buff came out, a lot of players started running double shotguns in strikes, to kill stuff faster. If bungie thinks we want to spend MORE time doing the same 6 strikes over and over again, they are fucking crazy.

They said that the new strikes will have raid-like / teamwork mechanics and won't rely on bullet sponge encounters. Hence the horn/hammer/shotgun nerf is acceptable after 2 months.

BUT THERE IS NO WAY I'M RUNNING THE EXISTING STRIKES WITH INFERIOR GEAR. IT'S A LOOT GAME, NOT A CONTENT GAME.

caps to highlight my point, i'm not angry or shouting at anyone :)

Korosenai

Yo you up for Trials as soon as it goes live this week?
Possibly, may be going to see Ant Man around that time tomorrow. But I will definitely be down for trials tomorrow regardless of when I finally get on, and chances are I'll probably just end up going to see the movie tomorrow night anyways.

neoism

I can't figure out why POE is so fucking boring but ODST firefight was so fucking good.

IT is simple...

A.I.

The enemies in Destiny are tan cans that barely move but have 220347520345729043857 Hp the enemies in Halo games had great AI was faster and move around alot and didn't take 45 clips to kill....
I LOVE Firefight in REACH I really dont like PVE in destiny all that much... its not fun killing enemies with 3 or 5 clips of ammo... taking most about harder enemies like bosses and stuff.. but even yellow bar enemies are annoying to me...

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The point of Blackhammer is using it on bosses that are sponges and sit in place but also allowing you to avoid adds. Sepiks, the Nexus, even Atheon.

If you're testing it on strikes that don't let you do this, then of course the Blackhammer is as useful as any other sniper.

... They buffed hard light. Which is cool.

It's probably good for my business that this game continues to interest me less.

OkayRene

Wait they buffed Thorn's DOT? So DOT used to be 35 damage, sounds like it'll be up to 50-60 damage now, if you can land 5 consecutive body shots.

Kyoufu

If my beloved Gjallarhorn is getting a nerf, sorry, but I'm out.

It's the perfect excuse to leave this game.

Thanks again, Bungie.

I really want to post a salt GIF right now, but I'm too tired to look for one.

Whoever made the WoW patch reaction comparison was right :p

Lima

Wait they buffed Thorn's DOT? So DOT used to be 35 damage, sounds like it'll be up to 50-60 damage now, if you can land 5 consecutive body shots.

If you land 5 body shots your target is dead.

The real take away here is that the Thorn can't 2 shot anymore.

In fact no primary except the Hawkmoon will be able to if you get lucky and proc the correct perks. Actual gunfights in Destiny? Yes please.

LiK

Bungie:

Reduce base damage of Thorn’s Mark of the Devourer DoT (Damage over Time) to roughly 1/3 of what it was in PVP and PVE

Allow DoT to stack up to 5x across multiple landed projectiles
This is a net buff for Thorn’s DoT, but reduces the lethality of the weapon in PVP

no, it's weaker but it stacks. so if you get hit your life won't be draining so much anymore unless they are able to hit you more. this kinda stops Thorn users from just hitting you twice and hoping you die.

Sooooooo, how about them changes, huh?

Anybody?

Okay, moving right along.

I'm a brand new player when it comes to raids. As in, I've never done VoG or CE. I would like to, however.

Is there anyone doing VoG and can I join, or do 5 of you beautiful Gaffers want to join me in doing it?

PSN or XBL?

there was another player a few pages back looking to get into a raid for the first time, if there are more then I can probably organise something.

there is a Crota's end raid planned this weekend - sat or sun, are you interested in running that? It will be on PS4 though.

todd360

If my beloved Gjallarhorn is getting a nerf, sorry, but I'm out.

It's the perfect excuse to leave this game.

Thanks again, Bungie.

You guys need to calm down. Shit is 2 months away and we will actually have new content to play then.

We always over react here. We need to calm down and form a decision once we actually play with this patch applied.

So what do you think gjally 2.0 is going to be?

They had all this time to nerf it and they do so right when a big new piece of content drops? I don't buy it *raises tinfoil hat*

Ophelion

I need 3 for regular VoG. Got some relative newbies with me.

1. mr_vandemar (me)
2. my kid brother
3. my newbie friend
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

I will love you guys forever if you help me with this. :-D

...anybody?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Horn was fine it is, they already nerfed it once.

Icebreaker didn't need a nerf either. 5 seconds is a long time in PVP and PVE. And it's barely even used much these days.

Blackhammer nerf is probably the biggest what were they thinking. Let's reward skill by not rewarding skill. Landing three shots in a row with certain enemies is nearly impossible and extremely rare and situational in PVP.

Anybody doing any raids or needs clan stuff just message me.

It was nerfed because they knew it would become the fallback plan in a BH/Horn nerfed world.

Remember when DeeJ celebrated the day Xur sold Ice Breaker to the masses with big info dumps and fanfare? Water under the bridge now.

IB was already starting to make a comeback in crucible. Post exotic hand-cannon nerfs: heavy pulse rifle + IB could have been a new meta.

I need 3 for regular VoG. Got some relative newbies with me.

1. mr_vandemar (me)
2. my kid brother
3. my newbie friend
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

I will love you guys forever if you help me with this. :-D

...anybody?

look above. There are 2 players looking to do vault normal..

if you cant find a 6th, i'll join

Icebreaker didn't need a nerf either. 5 seconds is a long time in PVP and PVE. And it's barely even used much these days.

Blackhammer nerf is probably the biggest what were they thinking. Let's reward skill by not rewarding skill. Landing three shots in a row with certain enemies is nearly impossible and extremely rare and situational in PVP.

Yeah these two are really "WTF are you thinking" changes. I don't get the icebreaker change at all. Basically, they're just asking you to sit around for 3 more seconds to get ammo. What?

Top Bottom