• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Right, because Black Hammer's primary application is getting ammo off series of skill shots against agile opponents. It's definitely not generating infinite ammo from safety while you stagger lock slow, easy to hit bosses...
Change the boss mechanics then? I'm surprised they don't flat out just make every single weapon in PVE the same. They want to reduce people camping in corners shooting off at the bosses head yet they also want to give us these weapons that are suppose to feel powerful and special. Then at the same time they have 6 bosses that do the exact same thing, which is walk slow and have ads attempt to kill you. In the long run I really don't care about these changes since I'm hoping that once TTK releases they'll have weapons that replace most of the ones from Year 1 but overall it just seems like they're going in circles.

Ohhhhh! You got called out son!

What kind of comeback will you use? The predictable lack of hawkmoon taunt? Or perhaps something else entirely.
Huh?

We playtested these changes every day, multiple times a day, in all activities, using all kinds of weapons. We feel pretty good about them.

giphy.gif

neoism

What shotgun should I be using for PvP? Tough choice:

LGJdsHw.png

your M64 is better I looove my lie.. but your M64 has god tier rolls plus I personally dont like sliding at all so kneepads is wasted on me if you do go with your lie but keep dat M64

Frenden

Banned
New meta will be Pulse Rifles. I reread the notes over and over. Grind for Pilgrims. Race to Mercury for Messengers. Save those Three Little Words.

raindoc

It's 5 am, I've been up for 2 hours preparing my first attempt at Pulled Pork and haven't read the BWU yet. I fire up DGAF and what am I reading? Bungie killing Black Hammer and the Horn? And they are nerfing shotguns in PvE?

It felt weird standing next to the grill without a beer but a cup of coffee instead. I think I need to change that now.

Wallach

Pretty awesome weapon changes. The only two I thought were questionable were the Ice Breaker and Black Hammer nerfs; the latter was fine with a nerf but it probably should have at least come with a significant reserve ammo buff. The Ice Breaker change is the only one on that entire page I don't think has much merit. That one feels like an entirely metrics-based decision to me.

Sofa King

This is how they will try to make the game last 10 years. Make your good weapons that you poured time into not as good, then introduce "better" weapons that are on par with what you had before (moderately OP). The grind is now reset. People will find that new shiny to chase because it gives the same feeling the previous year did.

Ultimately, Gjallarhorn still can't even one shot some yellow HP enemies. Nerfing it is bullshit. When I got my Gjallarhorn it was the best day of my Destiny life. I honestly didn't think they'd ever nerf it, but unfortunately I was wrong. If the nerf is substantial I'm going to be pissed. This update solidifies my idea of waiting till I get day one impressions of TTK on launch day. No reason to jump in unless there is a very positive reaction to TTK.

Like all these changes, Blackhammer kinda makes the least sense and ballerhorn was always going to be nerfed. I guess the BH change is explainable as the only time you really continually chained more than 3/6 shots was on the spider tank and the Mars tank. Taking from the reserve still gives the same outcome just requires you to pick up ammo every now and again. Overall pretty happy and looking forward to the new Mida meta :p

Edit: Oh and Icebreaker is a dumb move, but then again who uses it over BH, Ldr or what have you.

The hard light buff is pretty sweet. I wonder if Monte Carlo will see something similar. I love playing with it + unbreakable or war machine on my defender.

neoism

This is how they will try to make the game last 10 years. Make your good weapons that you poured time into not as good, then introduce "better" weapons that are on par with what you had before (moderately OP). The grind is now reset. People will find that new shiny to chase because it gives the same feeling the previous year did.

yup pretty much what I was tryna say :p sadly this will make me quit :(

Sooo... That weapon balancing update. Lots of stuff to digest. Some are obviously good (Necro buff, Final Round nerf), some obviously bad (Icebreaker and Black Hammer nerfs) but mostly "to be determined." It's impossible to judge the balances until we get our hands on them, especially for unquantified changes like the GHorn nerf.

It says Wolf Pack damage is reduced but that doesn't mean much until we know the exact amount. Even so, I'm a bit disappointed they finally went that route instead of making encounters less DPS-dependent. The best solution to their Horn problem was always more mechanically complex encounters. They really dropped the ball with Crota and then launched HoW with Solar burn Skolas which exacerbated the LFG elitism they talk about in the update.

Edit: Top of page! For Driz.]

Lol holy cow that's funny. I saved a bunch of videos from that 16-0 undefeated Salvage streak we went on with Wicked. I can find that match which shows my suicide followed by me spectating Wicked as he fell off right after me.

You don't get to be top 1% in Suicides without some clutch plays like that! :p

rc213

Looking for a anyone willing to run a Lvl 34 PoE.
PSN CamoKid42

Give me 10 minutes, We need a 3rd.

BH nerf should have been that it still forces you to reload then it returns the ammo to your reserve. IB nerf makes no sense, Wait was already long and you couldn't pick up ammo to cheese it.

Zoidberg

It's 5 am, I've been up for 2 hours preparing my first attempt at Pulled Pork and haven't read the BWU yet. I fire up DGAF and what am I reading? Bungie killing Black Hammer and the Horn? And they are nerfing shotguns in PvE?

It felt weird standing next to the grill without a beer but a cup of coffee instead. I think I need to change that now.

Beer in a coffee cup, or liquor of your choice in your coffee.

CamoKitty

Give me 10 minutes, We need a 3rd.

BH nerf should have been that it still forces you to reload then it returns the ammo to your reserve. IB nerf makes no sense, Wait was already long and you couldn't pick up ammo to cheese it.

Sorry I meant to say I was looking for one more person to run with us.

Sigh. That's hard to read and remain optimistic.

neoism

man I really hope xur is worth it tomorrow... this "balancing" update has left me salty as fuck... tentacle face better not sale Patience and Time or Truth or some shit...
4_2_207.gif

SnakeEyes

Banned
I missed all the carnage of the last few hours, because I got sent out to an on-site for a business. Come back, and just now see the bad news.

My response:

what-did-you-do.jpg

Now only the Godtierhorn, but also the Black Hammer *AND* IceBreaker?!

Makes me wish each Guardian had an apartment/room where guns could be wall-mounted with plaques. Kerjiggerhorn would be wall-mounted with a plaque saying "Used to be good."

AHAHAH if only that was true :p

c8d.png

PFoil.jpg

Do you have hard numbers? It's all anecdotal as far as I'm concerned. I have/had 3 or 4 praetorian foils. I ran Vog more than Crota though. Of course with Vog you can run it 6 times a week for the foil, or 3 times with double drops. Crota only drops b hammer on normal so you only have 3 chances.

Top Bottom