• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I’m going to go back to putting the finishing touches on the new Subclasses and trying to figure out how I can make Blink less frustrating to fight against. People keep showing up at my desk asking me when I’m going to remove Blink from the game, and I don’t want to do that, so back to the drawing board!

7d58aae695470e68145f6290a1106101.gif

GutZ31

Wait, you think people feel the BH is a lower drop rate than the Foil? Here is the thing: You won't find many sane people that hold that viewpoint.

I mean, we can take a headcount. Does anybody who has significant time spent in both raids think the Foil drop rate is actually higher than the BH?

Look on any thread in any forum on the internet and you will see a mass consensus: The Foil is extremely, extremely rare. More so than any other raid legendary.

So, are the survey results perfect? Obviously not. There are clearly bogus responses and the sample size is not huge. But there is a wide gulf in that data between the BH and Foil responses. That's an enormous disparity if we assume the null-hypothesis. That, coupled with the overwhelming anecdotal evidence that is basically uniformly oriented in one direction leads to one highly probable conclusion and many other not so probable conclusions.

Over 200 raid completions, and many more not counted.

Foil drops remarkably less than Black Hammer.

LTWood12

Black Hammer is all about risk/reward. And even now, White Nail doesn't seem to proc 100% of the times it should. After the patch, there just won't be any reason for me to use it over my Efrideet's Spear w/ field scout, final round, and spray and play.

Edit:
Over 200 raid completions, and many more not counted.

Foil drops remarkably less than Black Hammer.

Listen to Gutz.

The medium damage Pulse Rifles are getting a 2.5% damage nerf, and I think Red Death is among them. Very interested in how Scout Rifles will fair in the new meta...

Scouts are the only silver lining from the update. A straight buff with no catch.

I used to be a Scout guy until Fatebringer came into my life.

The extra ammo for Scout and less for HC will make this a tough choice. Gonna go for broke on a top tier Shadow roll. Got tons of Scouts to play with now.

Mida could be the new PvP hotness.

LTWood12

Insert sine wave picture here, with us trending towards the bottom but (hopefully) ready to rise again when they reveal more TTK details.

Also, this is where I encourage people to focus discussion on the game itself, not each other (or the people that make the game). Criticize the update, but try to explain why it deserves criticism. If you disagree, try to explain why without complaining about their complaining. And let's not talk about each other's asses unless it's complimentary or shard-related. :)

Just a suggestion, as someone who's been through all the DGAF ups and downs.

Wise words.

Hope to get a chance to run trials with you one night this weekend!

Sky Walker

Will the shotgun 10% nerf for pve be a real problem ? Now,with a maxed out Found Verdict, you can kill a 34 yellow bar servitor in 5 shots. How about after the nerf ? will it take 6 shots to down him ?

Scouts are the only silver lining from the update. A straight buff with no catch.

I used to be a Scout guy until Fatebringer came into my life.

The extra ammo for Scout and less for HC will make this a tough choice. Gonna go for broke on a top tier Shadow roll. Got tons of Scouts to play with now.

Mida could be the new PvP hotness.

Fang,VOC, Mida, and all the old school pre TDB scouts will rule pvp. Saterrine Rapier,
Ghaleons and The Badger with firefly will all be the new thorns!!

Daemul

OMG I don't know how I missed this part of the weekly update. BLINK IS GOING TO GET NERFED!!!!

I’m going to go back to putting the finishing touches on the new Subclasses and trying to figure out how I can make Blink less frustrating to fight against. People keep showing up at my desk asking me when I’m going to remove Blink from the game, and I don’t want to do that, so back to the drawing board!

f92080aa.gif

Ryck

So Machine Guns are untouched? Im mostly ok with the changes. Aside from Black Hammer, that one is a bummer.

Also: Maybe now that Gally is nerfed Bungie will allow me to have one.

It seems kind of odd that the Hawkmoon was specifically targetted with a nerf to an extremely unlikely and random chance 1-shot kill. Not sure why an edge case on a rare Exotic would be focused for a nerf. Seems unnecessary. Especially since the random chance for damage is the soul (sic) of the gun.

The range and ammo stuff. Whatever.

So Machine Guns are untouched? Im mostly ok with the changes. Aside from Black Hammer, that one is a bummer.

Of course us NON-Ghally guys are ok with the changes! ;)

Btw i am reaching that 900 mark now too without one. I will soon see you at a thousand!

Obscured

Sounds like I have an update and a few pages of posts to catch up on.

Dammit, I don't care the licensing costs but if they did something like the above I'm back in with whatever expansion no questions asked. Add the laser tag guns, an original super soaker (as a heavy obviously) and the ultimate, the nes light gun and I'll play this game forever.

Ryck

Of course us NON-Ghally guys are ok with the changes! ;)

Btw i am reaching that 900 mark now too without one. I will soon see you at a thousand!
Haha yeah, it actually eased the pain a bit to be honest.

Misery truly loves company, you and Narmer have helped me keep my sanity throught this damned Gally hunt haha. Im still sure you will get it before me though.

I hope so, shotguns buff in that old balance update made my Destiny experience much more enjoyable.

10% won't be that noticeable, imo, especially with high RoF shotguns like the FV. And as I said earlier in the thread, enemies 1 level above the player get a 32% damage reduction.

IF these nerfs mean that Bungie stops with that shit, it will be a net buff for endgame content.

Wallach

I like these changes.

That is all. Carry on.

Yeah. It has me more seriously considering pre-ordering, anyway. It gives me faith they have a pretty good understanding.

I don't think the Ice Breaker change has enough specificity and the Black Hammer change needs expanded upon, but I feel like I could produce design receipts for nearly everything on that page. That isn't something I feel like I have been able to say about any of their previous weapon balance changelogs.

OK I'm like 8 pages behind. I had to go right when DGAF beat Invigorate to eat dinner then work all night. Then while I was eating dinner I saw the Bungie update. Overall I was okay/happy.

The only thing I'm upset about is the Black Hammer. That thing was super fun only on occasion. The only thing is was super OP on is the spider tank. But regardless, it was just a situational gun. If anything, just make reloading lose the rest in that mag haha.

I'll need to experience the change of TLW first hand, but I'm pretty sure they be fine. I'm excited for AR buffs and Thorn nerfs and making scouts have its special place of long range primary. Pretty happy overall.

I never got to experience the true power of the Horn and never will. I gave up on the chase shortly after House of Wolves was launched and I realized it was pointless because it would essentially be nerfed with the release of The Taken King. Crazy to think, I went 1700+ hours and 4 characters without one.

I never got to experience the true power of the Horn and never will. I gave up on the chase shortly after House of Wolves was launched and I realized it was pointless because it would essentially be nerfed with the release of The Taken King. Crazy to think, I went 1700+ hours and 4 characters without one.

Wow...that really doesn't make me feel better lol. I thought I played a ton without one...

1700 hours!? Give this man a Horn, Bungie.

I just want Auto Rifles back to glory days,

on days when I am really tired, i don't want to think, I just want to spray bullets

Fuck Thorn

The Icebreaker nerf is so stupid, I used to carry any Special Weapon during a Strike, then switch to Icebreaker for stupid bullet sponge bosses so i don't run out of special ammo

I don't think I will be buy TTK anyway, It's been months and months since Auto Rifles were laid to shit, I'm not gonna wait 2 more months to be able to play with ARs again.

Top Bottom