• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Congrats first time vault raiders!

Hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the best content Destiny has to offer :)

V5yC2ab.jpg

Sadly no exotics, but plenty of vault weapons dropped:

2x Vision of Confluence
Atheon's Epilogue
Found verdict
Praedyths Revenge
Chattewhites for all
And ofc heaps of ass shards ;)

Waldini

I ... I don't get it. Like, at all.

Community : Bungie, could you please "nerf" Thorn and TLW? Maybe even buff Auto-Rifles in the process.

Bungie : NERF ALL TEH SHIT!

... why?

What was wrong with Gjallarhorn? Sure. It was being used for burning but you could leave your Horn and fight the way Bungie wants you to do it. Black Hammer? Why NERF that thing? Barely even used in PvP. More of a PvE weapon. Ice Breaker? Nerfed AGAIN!? Jesus Christ.

deadduck

I really like these weapon changes.

TLW needed a range nerf, but is more lethal up close.

Thorn DoT needed that change.

Shotguns will still kill most things in pve in one shot, they had a 50% boost, so a 10% reduction means hight level captains might need one more shot.

Black hammer was a boss breaking exotic and you can still put 18 strait shots into a boss. You might have to get ammo before the next one.

Auto Rifles are back

No more Final Rounders....

I just wish we didn't have to wait 2 months for it!

Lothars

The changes are okay other than Ice Breaker and Black Hammer. Both are terrible changes and I am dissapointed in Bungie for them.

Nighte

I ... I don't get it. Like, at all.

Community : Bungie, could you please "nerf" Thorn and TLW? Maybe even buff Auto-Rifles in the process.

Bungie : NERF ALL TEH SHIT!

... why?

What was wrong with Gjallarhorn? Sure. It was being used for burning but you could leave your Horn and fight the way Bungie wants you to do it. Black Hammer? Why NERF that thing? Barely even used in PvP. More of a PvE weapon. Ice Breaker? Nerfed AGAIN!? Jesus Christ.

When a lot of groups start using Gjallarhorn as a prerequisite for being able to join the group, it might be a good thing to nerf it.
I don`t have one, and if it wasnt for this community I would be stuck with LFG where quite a few groups would be out of my reach :)

ocean

Banned
Damn that GAF all star team was so cool to watch last night. I hope they keep facing other good teams! It'd be great to see GAF become more involved in the competitive scene. Some of our guys evidently have the required skill and teamwork.

We need a promoter out there getting us the matches :p Imagine GAF vs. 13 Devils, Zoba having all of the popcorn.

Ophelion

V5yC2ab.jpg

2x Vision of Confluence
Atheon's Epilogue
Found verdict
Praedyths Revenge
Chattewhites for all

It was a good run. Thanks for helping me bring some friends through to the end for the very first time. Lucid has been begging me to set up a raid for weeks because he doesn't know enough people with the game to do that on his own regularly. Guess he knows a few more people now. :)

Goodnight, DGAF. I shall dream of all of us getting the exotics we still want. But mostly of me getting Gjallarhorn while it still matters.

SheHateMe

V5yC2ab.jpg

2x Vision of Confluence
Atheon's Epilogue
Found verdict
Praedyths Revenge
Chattewhites for all

Literally the best experience I've had with Destiny in the past 10 months. Thanks to everyone who dragged my ass through. Sorry about the jumping part. LOL

daedalius

Updates sound good, do we really have to wait for TTK to hit before the weapon changes to go into effect though?

I'm not really interested in the current pvp meta. If the changes dropped soon, I might actually do some pvp before TTK hits

Damn that GAF all star team was so cool to watch last night. I hope they keep facing other good teams! It'd be great to see GAF become more involved in the competitive scene. Some of our guys evidently have the required skill and teamwork.

We need a promoter out there getting us the matches :p Imagine GAF vs. 13 Devils, Zoba having all of the popcorn.

I also wonder how much of the carries they've all done helped. But damn that was fun to watch.

It was a good run. Thanks for helping me bring some friends through to the end for the very first time. Lucid has been begging me to set up a raid for weeks because he doesn't know enough people with the game to do that on his own regularly. Guess he knows a few more people now. :)

Sure thing. The gorgon maze and jumping puzzle especially very really fun with the new folks. Never a dull moment with DGAF :)

Also some stats if anyone is interested:

coy

I wasn't even aware of it as the update talk drowned it out. I just finished that clutch game 2 finish while watching some pre-EVO streams.

MechDX

2 burst kill on Minotaur, 3 on major praetorians.

Major hobgoblin = 1 burst kill.

Gatekeeper = 1 clip (30 rounds) kill.

Oracles = 1 burst kill.

Started messing around with my Lord the last couple days and finally finished maxing it. Holy shit it is just awesome to use on pretty much anything.

V5yC2ab.jpg

2x Vision of Confluence
Atheon's Epilogue
Found verdict
Praedyths Revenge
Chattewhites for all

Such a blast! Look forward to doing it again. Really is the most fun Destiny has to offer.

Kurumi

V5yC2ab.jpg

2x Vision of Confluence
Atheon's Epilogue
Found verdict
Praedyths Revenge
Chattewhites for all

Watching that stream makes me really want a Lord of Wolves now.

rc213

2 burst kill on Minotaur, 3 on major praetorians.

Major hobgoblin = 1 burst kill.

Gatekeeper = 1 clip (30 rounds) kill.

Oracles = 1 burst kill.

Ohhhhhh my...

Thanks Danarchy and Bombastico for the speed run of the PoE34.

Bones of Eao from the big chest!

What I really need now is to start grinding for Etheric Light to ascend the armor. I'm a bit tired of being stuck on 32, even if the defense boost on 34 probably won't be that big.

I need somebody to play the non matchmaking versions of PoE during the weekend (and the nightfall today?) and hope for an armor core, although I suppose everybody will be on ToO.

Yup, had a blast killing stuff with it. Best exotic weapon from HoW. Period.

Also, I have one on each character :p

I want to know how many gaffer were watching me embarrass myself.

There were a few, around a dozen maybe. Last weeks' newbie raid had around 80 people watching.

Wheeee, level 30.

Nice, now hope that Xur sells something good today so you can get to 32 and start doing the end-game content.

I really need to try one of the raids soon.

Only on PS4 :p

TP-DK

Noooo I still havent gotten a Black Hammer and now I probably wont be able to experience how to melt a boss with it.

The other changes sounds good to me, except decreasing the hand cannon ammo. Anything lower than 7 bullets and you'll have to reload all the time.

Rizzi

Yup, had a blast killing stuff with it. Best exotic weapon from HoW. Period.

Also, I have one on each character :p

There were a few, around a dozen maybe. Last weeks' newbie raid had around 80 people watching.

Nice, now hope that Xur sells something good today so you can get to 32 and start doing the end-game content.

Only on PS4 :p
;_;

jadedm17

Weapon variety, about time! Let's do this Destiny!

Black Hammer sorrows : I never experienced Call of Duty dual 1886 shotgun [snipers]. That's life.

If anyone is doing PS4 nightfall : notjaded

Impulsor

Is the bad juju worth upgrading?

I'm level 28, about to buy a PVP armor piece, want vanguard marks for another armor piece.

I upgraded my lucky raspberry, and I'm thinking on upgrading my Bad Juju, is it worth it or does it suck?

I suppose I could en up being level 30 this weekend or something.

Siaynoqq

Black hammer change is really not a big deal. You might have to stop and get some ammo after 18 shots... Oh no. I don't get all the fuss.

Hyun Sai

Black hammer change is really not a big deal. You might have to stop and get some ammo after 18 shots... Oh no. I don't get all the fuss.

People are doing this : equip Ice breaker, get the 6 shots, equip Black Hammer, profit !

Now with Black hammer you will not be able to have infinite ammo anymore. I feel it's the real reason of the dual nerf.

No big deal as you said, but with everybody running Gjallahorn no special ammo synths was ever used, it's a new world for many lol.

Sometimes special ammo is scarce. Black Hammer could flex its muscle when you are low single digits in reserve and go on a precision shot spree.

Atleast all those special ammo packs have a use now.

For real. I never used them because I'm always on a Heavy Ammo cooldown. What am I going to do with my 400 Heavy Synth now that Ghorn is neutered.

Shito

So, yeah, the change to BH is not thaaat bad. Not "omg they broke it it's useless now!"-bad, just "no fun allowed"-bad. I can live with it.
Nerfing the Horn is kind of a dick move considering they "used it" consciously as a carrot to keep players playing -- they even used it in events like E3 as "the" iconic weapon of the game. They should have nerfed it months ago, but they didn't because they were afraid too many people not having one would stop playing the game. The fact that it's the only nerf that doesn't have a number attached to it is also quite suspicious...
The 10% shotgun nerf in PVE is stupid. Won't change much, but it's just stupid.
Also, we don't have any indication as to when this patch is supposed to hit. It seems to me they are implying it will only release with TTK, which would make the most sense, as it all seems to be depending on the new content.

What pisses me off the most, though, is that they don't seem to adress the PoE weapons problems, with their shitty perks and stats. I'm afraid they will keep their idea of "unifying" weapons and only create lackluster new ones in fear of a new Horn happening, not realizing that chasing after the good loot is a great deal of the game, and one of the reasons why PoE doesn't get much love.

Oh well, now to see Xûr sell Icebreaker in a few minutes I suppose... ^^

What I really need now is to start grinding for Etheric Light to ascend the armor. I'm a bit tired of being stuck on 32, even if the defense boost on 34 probably won't be that big.

I need somebody to play the non matchmaking versions of PoE during the weekend (and the nightfall today?) and hope for an armor core, although I suppose everybody will be on ToO.

If you want to do 32/34 PoE later today or tomorrow, I can help.

well I am hoping that this doesnt ruin PVP. I find it quite balanced at the moment, there are weapons that counter other weapons. Super skilled players are always going to win no matter what nerf they implement. Medium skilled players will get killed by any weapon even if they are using the so called OP weapons. Guess the community of bad losers are the once complaining and demanding a nerf.

I get shot by Felwinters lie all the time, I dont care and I dont complain you just have to adapt when you see one coming running towards you.

Fuck this change.

Top Bottom