• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

neoism

I like these changes.

That is all. Carry on.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Dunk#7

I never pay attention to trophies, but I noticed I was only 5 or so away from Guardian Lord.

Down to two: flawless raider, and relic hunter

HOW DO I DO RELIC HUNTER WITH NO SALVAGE MODE?

Why is a game mode unavailable that corresponds to a trophy? When does it come back?

*bows*

You make my 1100+ hours and 4 characters look like a pile of puke.

1100+ hours is definitely not a pile of puke.

Wow...that really doesn't make me feel better lol. I thought I played a ton without one...

1700 hours!? Give this man a Horn, Bungie.

It was rough. My raid crew got everything towards the middle of March, I soldiered on, by myself, doing all of the possible drops each week with randoms on Destiny LFG until HoW dropped. I gave up shortly after that.

I never pay attention to trophies, but I noticed I was only 5 or so away from Guardian Lord.

Down to two: flawless raider, and relic hunter

HOW DO I DO RELIC HUNTER WITH NO SALVAGE MODE?

Why is a game mode unavailable that corresponds to a trophy? When does it come back?

Pretty sure it's every 4th reset, it was here last week, you've got a while.

GhaleonEB

I like these changes.

That is all. Carry on.

Same. I also really appreciate that they took the time to outline the goals of the changes, rather than just a change list. That was a critique of mine to many of the prior patch notes, that sometimes leave us asking, why? Now we can still disagree with the changes, but we know what they are going for.

Thanks for the quick PoE run, it was a fun way to wrap up the day.

I feel like it needs a buff for PVE and a nerf for PVP. Not sure how they would do that so it'll probably be nerfed across the board.

I messed myself up a couple weeks back when I went invis to revive someone on Omnigul's bridge, blinked up there and yea. Blink makes you visible haha. I knew that but had most of my PvP setup still. I don't mind having blink in PvE now just because I'm so used to it from trials.

blackjaw

Read patch notes.

So now my beloved black hammer can't fire infinite rounds (with critical shots)

My gally Wolfpack rounds suck

But my necheocasm is the shit

Err ...

I don't want everything to be useful all the time. I just want everything to be useful in certain situations. I think they're heading there with these nerfs/buffs. Their main problem is now trying to balance it for both PvE and PvP.

I'm not sure if blink needs a nerf. It already has a decent cooldown and it's only really an issue because of shotguns. If it ends up nerf ed I'll just use the Bones of Eao and soar above enemies to confuse them.

Ken

I'm not sure if blink needs a nerf. It already has a decent cooldown and it's only really an issue because of shotguns. If it ends up nerf ed I'll just use the Bones of Eao and soar above enemies to confuse them.

From the little bit he talks about blink, it sounds less like a straight up nerf and more just making it less frustrating a thing to deal with? Maybe they'll add obvious tells as to where the player will emerge from a blink?

Nuszka

Put my drunk ass to bed early last night and just missed the weekly update, woke up to this... I think any change at the current meta stage is good , game needed it badly. Happy with most stuff except maybe the black hammer nerf. Oh and while I'm at it I was completely right about saving all the motes and weapon parts until tTK releases.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This may just be me, but after actually reading over the Exotic changes, did... did Thorn actually get a backhanded buff?! Damage on the poison was dropped 1/3 but it can be stacked up to 5 times. This means than you can keep peoples shields down for longer.

From the little bit he talks about blink, it sounds less like a straight up nerf and more just making it less frustrating a thing to deal with? Maybe they'll add obvious tells as to where the player will emerge from a blink?

Yeah that's a good point. I don't know how they'd change it besides giving a tell as to jump location like you said.

Ken

This may just be me, but after actually reading over the Exotic changes, did... did Thorn actually get a backhanded buff?! Damage on the poison was dropped 1/3 but it can be stacked up to 5 times. This means than you can keep peoples shields down for longer.

Don't think that's how it works. Every stack application should refresh the DoT timer but not actually be additive so it should be the same length of ticks if it were 3 or 5 stacks. It just takes more shots to get the same potency of poison.

traveler

Not Wario

If you shoot someone five times with it, they're dead. It allows the gun to do more damage in PvE as a bit of buff to offset the nerf from PvP. Doesn't matter in PvP.

I've been catching up with the Bungie updates this morning. So we can assume people are going to start looking for somebody to replace the Thorn now?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Don't think that's how it works. Every stack application should refresh the DoT timer but not actually be additive so it should be the same length of ticks if it were 3 or 5 stacks. It just takes more shots to get the same potency of poison.
But if means if you're constantly landing shots, even at broken intervals, their shield will not be recharging as quickly or as often. I'm kinda happier with it like this to be honest.

GhaleonEB

Re-reading the BWU, I realize I missed the closing paragraph earlier:

That’s all we got for now. In the next Weekly Update, we’re serving up a preview of the new weapon foundries that you’ll loot in The Taken King. Now that you know what changes we have in store for the sandbox, we’re ready to share a glimpse of what else you’ll find there soon. We’re looking down the barrel of the largest arsenal of weapons and armor that Destiny has ever seen – and that includes the original launch of the game.
Taken King ships with more new gear than Destiny itself shipped with in total. Egads.

I've mentioned that Bungie hasn't really conveyed just how large TTK is so far (it's really big); it sounds like they start to unpack that next week. Pretty exciting.

It's fun to look forward to the BWU's again.

Ken

But if means if you're constantly landing shots, even at broken intervals, their shield will not be recharging as quickly or as often. I'm kinda happier with it like this to be honest.

Oh nevermind, you're probably right.

I was thinking about something else.

Re-reading the BWU, I realize I missed the closing paragraph earlier:

Taken King ships with more new gear than Destiny itself shipped with in total. Egads.

I've mentioned that Bungie hasn't really conveyed just how large TTK is so far (it's really big); it sounds like they start to unpack that next week. Pretty exciting.

It's fun to look forward to the BWU's again.

mSFXk2a.gif

Can't wait for them to show the Weapon Foundries next week!

Wynnebeck

Banned
Anyone willing to take a Level 34 Hunter newbie through PoE 35? I don't have a Ballerhorn, but I do have Icebreaker, Hezen's Vengeance and a slew of other good weapons I could use. I just really want to finish this Triumph so I can find the last Gold Chests and be done altogether.

Put my drunk ass to bed early last night and just missed the weekly update, woke up to this... I think any change at the current meta stage is good , game needed it badly. Happy with most stuff except maybe the black hammer nerf. Oh and while I'm at it I was completely right about saving all the motes and weapon parts until tTK releases.
What did they say?

Should I start saving my shit now?

GhaleonEB

I do hope Bungie sees the issues with some of the new loot that has come with the DLC's. The PoE gear in particular is almost totally disposable; I was disappointed not to see it mentioned in the weapon tuning preview. Huge piles of new loot is a good thing, but they need to figure out ways to make it desirable loot, above some of the gear we have already.

I do hope Bungie sees the issues with some of the new loot that has come with the DLC's. The PoE gear in particular is almost totally disposable; I was disappointed not to see it mentioned in the weapon tuning preview. Huge piles of new loot is a good thing, but they need to figure out ways to make it desirable loot, above some of the gear we have already.

They can do that by making the old loot obsolete thereby creating a new meta with each "Expansion" or release or whatever (I really wish it was like and MMO and that some patches actually dropped content, instead of the disgustingly small expansions we've seen so far." . I'm just going to keep saying this, they need to make the old weapons memories and nothing more. Turn over a new leaf.

BTW, I am going to change my destiny gaming timeslot. I've been playing from 21:00 to 23:00, but I will be switching to 18:00 - 20:00, before dinner. Basically playing with a high level of tension (Heroic, Nightfall, PoE, Crucible) before night leaves me agitated enough to be able to fall asleep fast until the adrenaline rush wears down.

I guess this is why I used to play the most boring rpg's before bedtime...

They can do that by making the old loot obsolete thereby creating a new meta with each "Expansion" or release or whatever (I really wish it was like and MMO and that some patches actually dropped content, instead of the disgustingly small expansions we've seen so far." . I'm just going to keep saying this, they need to make the old weapons memories and nothing more. Turn over a new leaf.

I am fine with that in general, but their expansions come way too quickly to have a massive turnover every few months.

I did my 1 dragon strike for the day. I'm doing at least 1 a day until I get that hopscotch. Sometimes I do a few more depending what strike and what kind of teammates I'm with.

Too tired to run anymore.

Ikkarus

I did my 1 dragon strike for the day. I'm doing at least 1 a day until I get that hopscotch. Sometimes I do a few more depending what strike and what kind of teammates I'm with.

Too tired to run anymore.
I know that feeling all too well. One day the Hopscotch will be mine.

If anyone wants to grind strikes for Pilgrims, I'm hopping on.

PSN FRENDEN

I plan on grinding until reset.
Just sent you a FR. Let's farm!

ocean

Banned
It would be hilarious if they sold Gjallarhorn this week just after announcing the nerf :p

My predictions for the week (I'm always wrong):
- No Land Beyond
- Arachnid
- Sunbreakers
- No Backup Plans

Top Bottom