• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Nighte

What I really need now is to start grinding for Etheric Light to ascend the armor. I'm a bit tired of being stuck on 32, even if the defense boost on 34 probably won't be that big.

I need somebody to play the non matchmaking versions of PoE during the weekend (and the nightfall today?) and hope for an armor core, although I suppose everybody will be on ToO.

You can always add me on PSN Nightzoor and I can help out with getting that armor core/etheric light when im on :)

Hyun Sai

S U R O S R E G I M E 2 : J U D G M E N T D A Y

That's what I feel about this tuning update.

Suros Regime (unlike Hard Light) will be affected by the new damage fall off, so it will never return to its former glory.

Even pulse rifles are getting a subtle nerf (those who think they would be the new meta are in for a surprise), so I think they want to increase the TTK at long range across the board, which is a good thing.

@Deathjr @Nighte

Thanks I suppose I will get to it during the evening or the night, right now I have no plans for today. No Raids, though. I'm going to take it easy for now, and before Crota's End or replaying VoG I'm going to work into making my home network more stable and consider getting a real headset.

Skele7on

Banned
beautiful balances across the board really

I feel that Black Hammer may have been unnecessary but whatever.

No more final rounders! Had a great time playing with the guys last night, every game apart from the last one was ultra close but we had a great time.

Again soon!

nOoblet16

One of the main reason why people use specific weapons and ignore others is because most of the other weapons are utter shit with no uniqueness to them as well as no power.

There is no other primary in the game as good as Fatebringer or VoC so it's all you'll see, there is no sniper in the game better than Black hammer and Icebreaker for PvE what am I going to use Patience and Time with its terribly low impact? Lol, no heavy comes even remotely close to Gjallarhorn.

This solution to nerf stuff instead of making other weapons more exciting is a bad one...for PvE. Nerfing is necessary in PvP..not much in PvE.

Here's the thing if the segegration of people into horn and hornless was what bothered Bungie then why not make other launchers such as Hungry scrota more effective?

Hey DGAF!

Hope you're all well, even after reading the Weapons update.

I go on vacation and Bungie wrecks the game. lol
FUUUUUUUU-

There's no way to buy stuff from Xur via Destiny app or something like that? I'll miss the next two visits.

Anyway, greetings from King's Lan... Dubrovnik! :D

C'ya in week and a half.

dubrovnik.jpg

maomaoIYP

I need somebody to play the non matchmaking versions of PoE during the weekend (and the nightfall today?) and hope for an armor core, although I suppose everybody will be on ToO.

I'll do a nightfall with you if you want, I still need to clear one character. Message me
PSN feetiemaomao

I'll be honest, i like the general idea of the changes but until it hits and we are playing it we don't know shit about how it changes the game.

I will say though that im firmly in the corner that all year 1 legenderys will not be upgradeable in TTK, because if they are whats the point in getting new weapons... this belief was further solified by this statement with the stat balancing section "Also, this change is only being made to weapons newly available in The Taken King, so your base stats for everything from launch through House of Wolves remain consistent."

If they are lowering the base stats of all TTK weapons to make them worse at base level then year 1 weapons why would anyone use the new weapons? because the old ones won't level in weapon damage anymore so you have to start using TTK weapons. Im also ok with this. Note Exotics will be upgrable of course.

Skele7on

Banned
I'll be honest, i like the general idea of the changes but until it hits and we are playing it we don't know shit about how it changes the game.

I will say though that im firmly in the corner that all year 1 legenderys will not be upgradeable in TTK, because if they are whats the point in getting new weapons... this belief was further solified by this statement with the stat balancing section "Also, this change is only being made to weapons newly available in The Taken King, so your base stats for everything from launch through House of Wolves remain consistent."

If they are lowering the base stats of all TTK weapons to make them worse at base level then year 1 weapons why would anyone use the new weapons? because the old ones won't level in weapon damage anymore so you have to start using TTK weapons. Im also ok with this. Note Exotics will be upgrable of course.

No they're making them an even playing field to a degree but the damage numbers
whatever they'll be will be sufficiently higher so for Trials/IB/Raids ect you'll want to be using the new weapons,
what they mean by lowering the damage is the base stats that all guns use like X per shot.

I'm fairly sure our exotics will carry on rocking through year 2 but I think that the legendaries we maybe "forever lost in the dark corners of time",

Yep, I expect Year 1 Legendaries will be phased out for Year 2 gear.

Exotics will continue their tortured journey of progression.

One of the main reason why people use specific weapons and ignore others is because most of the other weapons are utter shit with no uniqueness to them as well as no power.

There is no other primary in the game as good as Fatebringer or VoC so it's all you'll see, there is no sniper in the game better than Black hammer and Icebreaker for PvE what am I going to use Patience and Time with its terribly low impact? Lol, no heavy comes even remotely close to Gjallarhorn.

This solution to nerf stuff instead of making other weapons more exciting is a bad one...for PvE. Nerfing is necessary in PvP..not much in PvE.

Here's the thing if the segegration of people into horn and hornless was what bothered Bungie then why not make other launchers such as Hungry scrota more effective?

I dont really agree with you on the PVP part, but I do agree with PVE :)

Make the game fun to play, dont nerf it so it because boring to play the game. Bungie is making the game bland and boring by removing cool shit.

Zok310

Banned
Damn it's like Uncharted 2 PVP nerf all over again, cept this time just nerf everything, even PVE. Nerf the game until folks just say fuck it and leave just like how they left U2.

Hyun Sai

Well, there are many snipers with the same impact as Ice Breaker. LDR, Her Benevolence, Shadow of Veils, even the Spear is available if you do PVP. it's just that they don't have the "cheese" factor of infinite ammo like Black hammer coupled with Ice Breaker.

On the subject of Gjallahorn, many players are spoiled by it's power. I had mine after 8 months, did all the hardest content without it and didn't feel my weapons were "shitty". The only downside of not having it was finding easily a group outside Gaf. In fact having one (3 now ^^) decreased the quality of the way I play, it's so easy and braindead it's ridiculous.

Okay now Xur, today I need you to sell Bones of Eao and Celestial Nighthawk. I know this goes against the the usual plan but please, you'd just give Warlocks their glowstick arms again.

ocean

Banned
well I am hoping that this doesnt ruin PVP. I find it quite balanced at the moment, there are weapons that counter other weapons. Super skilled players are always going to win no matter what nerf they implement. Medium skilled players will get killed by any weapon even if they are using the so called OP weapons. Guess the community of bad losers are the once complaining and demanding a nerf.

I get shot by Felwinters lie all the time, I dont care and I dont complain you just have to adapt when you see one coming running towards you.

Fuck this change.
If what you're contending is "good players will always win anyways", why do you even care about this enough to say "fuck this change"?

Some people will inevitably disagree with any change. If tomorrow everyone got a Gjallarhorn vs. if tomorrow it was deleted off the servers, I think a similar amount of complaints and "I quit!!!" Would be aired.

As for these changes: you're in an extremely small minority if you think Crucible is balanced right now. I enjoy PvP and play it every day, and I'm not bad at it. But suggesting that it's balanced?

Thorn can double tap you in ~.36s. It's absolutely impossible to react to this in time. It's 50-70%% faster than any Pulse, Auto or Scout Rifle or Legendary Hand Cannon in the game. This is an issue.

The Last Word has an ADS glitch which lets you land consecutive 111 shots down sights for a time to kill of .25s. That's significantly faster than any primary in the game. As in, a third or a quarter of the time. But wait - it's also faster than any Heavy Machine Gun in the game. This is an issue.

Fusion Rifles could be completely removed from the game tomorrow and nobody would notice. Why? Because they're freaking pointless when shotguns do their job. At launch, before the Shot Package / range boost bullshit came about, the meta was all about Shotgun+melee. Getting a one-shot kill wasn't a guaranteed affair because in general people opted for lower impact archetypes and the range bullshit hadn't unraveled yet. Fusion Rifles had a big range advantage but suffered from charge rate limitations. Shotguns were to be used at whisper range or be survivable unless followed up with melee or pre naded. Now if a Shotgun is in your damn general vicinity, you're dead. It requires no skill to pull off and too often, skill won't save you from it. This is an issue.

Remember when we aimed rockets? We occasionally missed them too! Machine Gun viability has been reduced mainly because of the changes to purple ammo. You used to be able to open the chest but leave your heavy brick lying there to be used later in the match when rockets were out. Now that's not possible. And with basically everyone using high blast radius rockets with proximity, rockets are sure fire kills. Sometimes I see my rockets and think shit I missed - but nah, proximity always gets them. I don't even aim. Nothing in the game which removes skill from the equation entirely can be considered a good thing. The extreme effectively of Grenades & Horseshoes is an issue.

Final Round is bullshit and if you don't see how a perk that lets you kill with a body shot across a map is an issue there isn't much to discuss here.

This has nothing to do with bad losers. Whether you're good or bad at Crucible has no bearing on the fact that some things needed changing. After this change, good players will still be good. The best will still be the best. And if you're crap you'll remain crap. Changing your performance isn't the objective.

This is about removing perks that make unskilled play viable and decreasing the ridiculous delta between the best two primaries and literally everything else. Something will always the "the best", but there's no need for the best to be 2-3x better than the dozens of runners-up, that's just crazy.

Taken King ships with more new gear than Destiny itself shipped with in total. Egads.

I've mentioned that Bungie hasn't really conveyed just how large TTK is so far (it's really big); it sounds like they start to unpack that next week. Pretty exciting.

But if it's "hundred new weapons" again, that mean just old paletteswaps and mostly blue weapons they are meaningless :D

Ashler

I get all the need for PvP rebalancing and such... but the rebalancing for PvE to the GHorn, BH and IceBreaker... what a load of bullshit! Specially the reasoning they're giving for the changes. Pretty fucked up.

TP-DK

If the year one legendary weapons wont be upgradeable whats the point of playing through year one content? All the new players that come with TTK wont have any reason to go through Vog and CE because all the rewards will be useless.

Hyun Sai

This has nothing to do with bad losers. Whether you're good or bad at Crucible has no bearing on the fact that some things needed changing. After this change, good players will still be good. The best will still be the best. And if you're crap you'll remain crap. Changing your performance isn't the objective.

This is about decreasing the ridiculous delta between the best two primaries and literally everything else. Something will always the "the best", but there's no need for the best to be 2-3x better than the dozens of runners-up, that's just crazy.

Very well said.

ocean

Banned
If the year one legendary weapons wont be upgradeable whats the point of playing through year one content? All the new players that come with TTK wont have any reason to go through Vog and CE because all the rewards will be useless.
Same reason we keep playing it despite having all the loot - it's fun?

Suros Regime (unlike Hard Light) will be affected by the new damage fall off, so it will never return to its former glory.

Even pulse rifles are getting a subtle nerf (those who think they would be the new meta are in for a surprise), so I think they want to increase the TTK at long range across the board, which is a good thing.

I know I was only kidding abou the post, I can't wait to use Hard Light and to see if it's any better. Do you guys still think that Monte Carlo will be shit? :p

TP-DK

Same reason we keep playing it despite having all the loot - it's fun?

So people arw sharing checkpoints after each weekly reset because its fun?
Dont get me wrong I love playing through the vault, but in the beginning half of the fun was getting new great loot.

Hyun Sai

I know I was only kidding abou the post, I can't wait to use Hard Light and to see if it's any better. Do you guys still think that Monte Carlo will be shit? :p

Ah ah ah I already forgot about Monte Carlo, it would be cool if all the pea shooters had no damage falloff ^^

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Celestial Nighthawk worth getting? I don't have a Hunter yet, and I have the Bones of Eao in stash waiting for the day. I mostly care about PvE (only, really)

Top Bottom