• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
So people arw sharing checkpoints after each weekly reset because its fun?
Dont get me wrong I love playing through the vault, but in the beginning half of the fun was getting new great loot.
Oh in the beginning sure. But if you think people are still killing Atheon for a Vision of Confluence or Vex...cmon.

Celestial Nighthawk worth getting? I don't have a Hunter yet, and I have the Bones of Eao in stash waiting for the day. I mostly care about PvE (only, really)
It's good for bosses, basically it turns the usually 3-shot super into a 1-shot super that deals 6x normal damage. Very good PvE exotic, plus it looks cool.

Can't wait to see if Xur is selling the Horn later today. Would be funny if they were like "Now we'll put it in!" as a cruel joke and some unknown person removed it from his inventory months ago so it came up as an empty slot.

TP-DK

Oh in the beginning sure. But if you think people are still killing Atheon for a Vision of Confluence or Vex...cmon.

But like I said in my first post, theres no loot for the new players. Grongratulations you just killed Atheon, heres some useless armor and weapon.

Ikkarus

Celestial Nighthawk worth getting? I don't have a Hunter yet, and I have the Bones of Eao in stash waiting for the day. I mostly care about PvE (only, really)
Yes 100% for PVE.

Nighthawk actually makes Hunters a bit more useful for all PVE related things.

Hyun Sai

But like I said in my first post, theres no loot for the new players. Grongratulations you just killed Atheon, heres some useless armor and weapon.

We don't know if the reward table will be the same for the old raids now, we'll have to wait and see, there seems to be a big rehaul overboard.

TP-DK

We don't know if the reward table will be the same for the old raids now, we'll have to wait and see, there seems to be a big rehaul overboard.

I hope you are right, but I have a bad feeling that the rewarda from Vog, Ce and Poe will be absolete in year 2.

And Celestial is awesome in pve. Feels so good to kill a major with one shot.

MrMuscle

Nice, congrats. Nightfall reward?

Btw that hard light = exotic shard to upgrade the horn :p

Yeah, last NF of the week! Thanks! Just 2 hours before the nerf got announced :p

At least i still have my Ice Breaker... Oh Wait

Increase recharge time for Ice Breaker rounds to 1 every 8 seconds. Was 1 round every 5 seconds

Ok well at least i still have my Black Hammer... Oh Wait

White Nail perk now pulls ammo from your inventory

Shit, well at least i still have my 4th horsman... Oh Wait

Reduce damage against AI combatants by 10%

From reddit:

I remember a long time ago when /u/megamanexe4 had data mined the game and xurs inventory and said something along the lines of "Gjallarhorn is not in Xur's loot table anymore". Could this lack of a weapon this week be due to Gjallarhorn not being in the loot table while it was supposed to be sold today?

Bungie, seriously, just admit you manually change his loot? My guess is we were getting the Gjhallahorn even with the nerf coming and you removed it.

With the latest weekly update going live, Xur has had only one thing in mind. To give what every guardian wants. THE GJALLARHORN. But alas. There were too many for him to carry. He prob dropped them on the way

So the hunt is on Guardians! Your chances of having a Gjallarhorn to drop from today through Sunday have significantly increased. Happy Hunting!

There are like 50 threads already about Xur not selling an exotic weapon this week.

ocean

Banned
So.. This how destiny normally is huh?
The community's feelings towards the game, the devs and life itself was once summarized by Hawkian to follow a sine curve trend:

Ddt79sd.png

We've moved past the emoticon disaster and are now at a neutral ish mood, with the weapon balancing update being so well and poorly received to make us happy and outraged at the same time. I expect future TTK news to create hype, until some bullshit inevitably leads us to dark "Bungie fix your fucking game" craziness again. The cycle never changes.

Bungie has sunk to a new low. At least give us No Land Beyond for the umpteenth time.

The community's feelings towards the game, the devs and life itself was once summarized by Hawkian to follow a sine curve trend:

Ddt79sd.png

I think we are a little further down the trough right now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Bought one helmet engram hoping for one thing

CKGw1C6WoAAdci7.jpg:large

AND I FUCKING GOT IT YES

This is Gjallarhorn, can't be anything else.

Unless, Bungie are making him an armor vendor only?

I can see that happening for TTK, but this kind of change to Xur would have been communicated.

It has to be a bug or deliberate intervention on Bungie's end for today. No other logical explanation.

Shito

We've moved past the emoticon disaster and are now at a neutral ish mood, with the weapon balancing update being so well and poorly received to make us happy and outraged at the same time. I expect future TTK news to create hype, until some bullshit inevitably leads us to dark "Bungie fix your fucking game" craziness again. The cycle never changes.
I missed the "proper" weekly update yesterday, but yeah we are supposed to get a glimpse at the new weapons in TTK next week.
I hope this will pick up the mood a little bit...

Xur had the horn, bungee took it out. can't be anything else!

ENRAGE!

I think it was a wise move by Bungie to remove it from Xur. There will be no difference between the players if everyone can run around with the same weapons. I like that there is players with certain weapons that I dont have but want. Everyone will be the same otherwise and I dont enjoy that in the game. Should be some players that have more unique stuff than the other.

ocean

Banned
Deej still half asleep, at home, with checkered suitjamas, calling sandbox in the middle of the night:

"What the fuck are you doing to me? Sell a weapon, any weapon, I can't take another Reddit beating. I am so serious man I swear, don't fuck this up for me"

I think it was a wise move by Bungie to remove it from Xur. There will be no difference between the players if everyone can run around with the same weapons. I like that there is players with certain weapons that I dont have but want. Everyone will be the same otherwise and I dont enjoy that in the game. Should be some players that have more unique stuff than the other.

Ugh no? Everyone already is running the same gear. Selling the horn won't change what is fundamentally broken in the game.

Deej still half asleep, at home, with checkered suitjamas, calling sandbox in the middle of the night:

"What the fuck are you doing to me? Sell a weapon, any weapon, I can't take another Reddit beating. I am so serious man I swear, don't fuck this up for me"

Naw, he's got Cosmo now. Send out the fresh meat.

Pretty sure Deej is just sitting on a beach somewhere drinking a martini. He has Cosmo to do his dirty work now.

Carbonox

Was considering returning for The Taken King despite how dull and tedious the last DLC was but after reading the obscene amount of ridiculous nerfs I absolutely won't be. Can argue about PVP and how cheap certain weapons are but for PVE many of them are a godsend for fucking tedious and ridiculously shitty bullet sponge encounters you often get in to in the endgame content. That's just awful.

ocean

Banned
Sure, but weapons should be exclusive if they're earned via skill like the Adept Trials Arsenal, not through luck. There's no sense in making something "exclusive" if the only way to get it is being lucky. Besides, Exotics aren't meant to be exclusive, just rare. Xûr has sold absolutely every single weapon already. Selling the Horn again won't change a damn thing in the game. I've had it drop like 5 times, I have 2 I haven't even taken out of the Postmaster. Some guys far more skilled than I and who have played more than I still don't have one.

People totally overstate its effect. Using 13 rockets instead of 18 against a boss isn't exactly a mind blowing difference.

Shito

People totally overstate its effect. Using 13 rockets instead of 18 against a boss isn't exactly a mind blowing difference.
To be fair, the Horn isn't just about burning a boss either... I probably won't want to run Qodron anymore if the wolfpack rounds nerf is too strong, because good luck clearing those 135465132065 adds quickly with another rocket launcher... :/

ocean

Banned
my warlock doesn't have an exotic armor part yet. should i get the sunbreakers?
Hold on to your Coins. It's not a fantastic Exotic to be honest. Wait on The Ram, Nothing Manacles, Purifier Robes, Heart of Praxic Fire, Voidfang Vestments or Light Beyind Nemesis.

Top Bottom