• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

To be fair, the Horn isn't just about burning a boss either... I probably won't want to run Qodron anymore if the wolfpack rounds nerf is too strong, because good luck clearing those 135465132065 adds quickly with another rocket launcher... :/

You either use the Horn to burn Qodron, or you use the Horn to melt the adds and then burn Qodron.

Same difference.

To be fair, the Horn isn't just about burning a boss either... I probably won't want to run Qodron anymore if the wolfpack rounds nerf is too strong, because good luck clearing those 135465132065 adds quickly with another rocket launcher... :/

Yeah cause you are totally going to run PoE when TK launches :p

Lothars

Was considering returning for The Taken King despite how dull and tedious the last DLC was but after reading the obscene amount of ridiculous nerfs I absolutely won't be. Can argue about PVP and how cheap certain weapons are but for PVE many of them are a godsend for fucking tedious and ridiculously shitty bullet sponge encounters you often get in to in the endgame content. That's just awful.
most of the nerfs are fairly good other than ice breaker and pve shotguns damage. which ones are you finding ridiculous?

Considering Xur has already sold every Exotic except vanilla Heavy weapon 3 or 4 times, no reason for him to sell anything that isnt Ghorn or Thunderlord.

Got 4 right now, incl myself. So yes, 2 more spots.

Not sure if Apple Season wants to run it this week.

Not really, thanks. I will probably be doing some work during the weekend, so I will only be availably for short bursts of gaming. Also, I'd like to find a decent USB headset before to avoid getting the signals mixed due to bundled headset + 5.1 sound system like the last time.

Shito

You either use the Horn to burn Qodron, or you use the Horn to melt the adds and then burn Qodron.

Same difference.
My point was more along the lines of not having a "melt the adds" option anymore.
My main problem with them nerfing the Horn is that they don't have a good sense of measure when designing encounters, and that weapon helped mitigate some frustration that could arise otherwise. I'm not too hopeful they will change their level design philosophy, which is what is putting me, at the moment, in the "eeeeh, bummer" camp about all those PVE nerfs. ^^

Yeah cause you are totally going to run PoE when TK launches :p
Good point. ^^
But yeah, more afraid of what the future content will have for us...

Jinjo

That awkward moment when Xur rolls a Gjallarhorn and Bungie removed it from the loot table, but forgot to remove the roll possibility.

I still feel selling a Gjallarhorn for all would be a better option to the "gjallarhorn-only requirements" for LFG's than a nerf. Even with a nerf it will probably still be the biggest (and safest) DPS option out there.

ocean

Banned
It's all a conspiracy I tell ya.
dd9.jpeg

With zero indication or proof, people are jumping to "It was Gjallarhorn!!!!!!! It must be!" I thought they were joking but apparently some people mean it.

How on earth would you be sure about the explanation when we have zero understanding of the system? Not like it's public. These "it must be, there's no other way" posts are bewildering.

Steroyd

Hehehe

Hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

What the fucking flying fuck of all things fuckity are Bungie playing at with Ice Breaker and Black Hammer nerfs, oh wow, I don't even.

Jinjo

Kind of weird of them to nerf BH after it had already gotten a pretty substantial nerf where immune precision shots don't count anymore. Continously headshotting a boss/regular enemy other than a walker ain't supereasy Bungie. It's basicly an extremely quick outlaw perk on a sniper rifle now. I guess that's a way to make your new weapons a viable/better alternative for the future, nerfing the old ones.

I know, it prevents powercreep yadayada, but my beloved BH's guyz... :'(

Shito

Well, the new exotics I got this week were the Vex, Nechrochasm, and Monte-Carlo.
That's my fault, obvioulsy, guys: nothing Xûr can sell in this list...

ocean

Banned
Black Hammer should never have been Legendary. White Nail was too good. Would have been a perfect Exotic Void sniper.

Jinjo

dd9.jpeg

With zero indication or proof, people are jumping to "It was Gjallarhorn!!!!!!! It must be!" I thought they were joking but apparently some people mean it.

How on earth would you be sure about the explanation when we have zero understanding of the system? Not like it's public. These "it must be, there's no other way" posts are bewildering.

Hahahaha, yeah I know what you mean. I was kind of poking fun at those conspiracy theories, but I guess Bungie themselves created that world with never selling a Gjallarhorn again, but do sell a SUROS by community demand and Deej's comments way back

Black Hammer should never have been Legendary. White Nail was too good. Would have been a perfect Exotic Void sniper.

It totally should have.

Also, I kind of regret E.Lighting my void Efrideet's Spear with unflnching and final round. Debating whether to go for a spray and play-final round one instead (Solar obviously, need that BH replacement now). My weapon parts am cry.

Most upset about the Hawkmoon nerf. The mag increase is weird too, especially when they nerf LiTC bonus damage and nerf the mag capacity on all other handcannons. With some scouts having only 13-17 rounds I'm afraid we'll go back to Beta HC mag sizes.

RIP HANDCANNONS (for PvE especially)

Thorn didn't get nerfed hard enough though.

ocean

Banned
Hahahaha, yeah I know what you mean. I was kind of poking fun at those conspiracy theories, but I guess Bungie themselves created that world with never selling a Gjallarhorn again, but do sell a SUROS by community demand and Deej's comments way back
I know lol. But even Bungie isn't this obtuse. If they wanted to not sell Horn, they'd just put something else for sale like they've done for the past 9 months? The empty slot being some sort of panic button "oh no they can't get the horn, make it stop" seems like a crazy explanation to me :p

Just read the nerfs. Holy shit

Hawkmoon could end up around even with the nerf to hand cannon capacity and the additional bullets it gets for luck in the chamber.

Pretty much everything was beaten with the nerf bat. Hilarious

Jinjo

Just read the nerfs. Holy shit

Hawkmoon could end up around even with the nerf to hand cannon capacity and the additional bullets it gets for luck in the chamber.

Pretty much everything was beaten with the nerf bat. Hilarious

To be fair, there was some pretty hefty powercreep going on with some of the hilariously OP stuff.

Hawkmoon was an innocent bystander though :(

Would add .gif of random poor sap being hit by a bat, but I'm at work lol.

Well, I might just be taking a voluntary break from Destiny. Not because of today's news, but because I don't have anything to play for anymore. I'm no longer interested in aqcuiring the last couple of Exotics and I don't need Etheric Light to upgrade gear I'm not using anyway so.... there's nothing left to do.

I ran NF only to get things I don't need. Heroic for coins I don't need and PoE for currencies for gear I don't need and PoE weapons are mostly shit anyway.

I guess I might play a bit of Crucible, but thats about it.

Gordon

I know lol. But even Bungie isn't this obtuse. If they wanted to not sell Horn, they'd just put something else for sale like they've done for the past 9 months? The empty slot being some sort of panic button "oh no they can't get the horn, make it stop" seems like a crazy explanation to me :p
Feels pretty bungie to me lol
One of those band-aid fixes that come back to bite them in the ass
"Just put the probability to the minimum and disable the icon! Odds are we won't have to worry about it until year two when we nerf all the decent guns to force DLC adoption, and Xur can start selling it then because it'll be crap too"
Conssspiiiiraaaacyyyyyyy

Jinjo

Well, I might just be taking a voluntary break from Destiny. Not because of today's news, but because I don't have anything to play for anymore. I'm no longer interested in aqcuiring the last couple of Exotics and I don't need Etheric Light to upgrade gear I'm not using anyway so.... there's nothing left to do.

I ran NF only to get things I don't need. Heroic for coins I don't need and PoE for currencies for gear I don't need and PoE weapons are mostly shit anyway.

My Destiny playtime has been reduced to Nightfalls, helping out friends here and there and the odd Mercury attempt, but even the drive to do that is diminishing. Which is fine as Luke mentioned, it's okay for players to leave your game for a while, will probably be back for TTK.

Time to continue my Witcher adventures.

Gordon

Update made me feel the same way. Like I was going for completion, but if everything is going to be meh anyhow and you're going to fuck around all the shit I like.... Meh. Maybe I'll go outside or something.

What if destiny is just a social experiment to break people of their video game addictions :O

cooonspiiiiiraaaaaacyyyyyyyyyyy

Gordon

My Destiny playtime has been reduced to Nightfalls, helping out friends here and there and the odd Mercury attempt, but even the drive to do that is diminishing. Which is fine as Luke mentioned, it's okay for players to leave your game for a while, will probably be back for TTK.

Time to continue my Witcher adventures.
Seems like a gamble, particularly with the precedents they're setting in terms of heavy-handed nerfing and mechanics overhauls. And crap loot.

Kyoufu

Xur shouldn't exist anyway. Exotics were supposed to feel exciting when you see them drop but instead they're sold at a vendor every week.

Skele7on

Banned
This seems like a fuck up. Now they truly owe us a Ghorn.

Self entitled guardian, he forgot engrams many times.....

Xur shouldn't exist anyway. Exotics were supposed to feel exciting when you see them drop but instead they're sold at a vendor every week.

He's a weekend player catchment mechanic, oh shit he's selling X better run nightfalls heroics and buy X.

It all feeds in to the gambling mechanics Bungie have solidly put in place in this game.

ocean

Banned
Self entitled guardian, he forgot engrams many times.....

He's a weekend player catchment mechanic, oh shit he's selling X better run nightfalls heroics and buy X.

It all feeds in to the gambling mechanics Bungie have solidly put in place in this game.
Xur is selling the Nighthawk, which I don't have! Let me run the Weekly Heroic for guaranteed coins so I can go buy that specific armor.

Seems like the complete opposite of gambling, it's one of the few instances of the game where you know what you're getting and can reliably work towards that specific reward :p

Top Bottom