• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Lnkn52

Self entitled guardian, he forgot engrams many times.....

He's a weekend player catchment mechanic, oh shit he's selling X better run nightfalls heroics and buy X.

It all feeds in to the gambling mechanics Bungie have solidly put in place in this game.
Engrams and Exotic weapons are two different things.
Being the Cryptarch, you would know that.

Top of page edit:
Remember this is DGAF, don't mess with us or will send Unstable, Wicked and Rubenov after you.
GafOpen_Gif.gif

https://youtu.be/z5a_MhyhJ4w

Skele7on

Banned

He was going to sell NLB, how do you feel now? If that were true?

Xur is selling the Nighthawk, which I don't have! Let me run the Weekly Heroic for guaranteed coins so I can go buy that specific armor.

Seems like the complete opposite of gambling, it's one of the few instances of the game where you know what you're getting and can reliably work towards that specific reward :p

it's apart of the RNG drip feed mechanic though yes guaranteed CH but the cost is possibly having to run the nightfall twice with randoms... THE HORROR, THE HORROR

Why did I buy 21 exotic shards when I was drunk a few weeks ago? Who told me that was a safe investment of coins? >.<

What a waste!

Just used all the motes and coins that I had to try and get the ram. Got every exotic helm for my hunter and Titan which I didn't already have with no doublets so that was cool. Then....

On the last engram, boom, The Ram!

Shit stats but I'll take it for now :D (INT 59, STR 60)

It all feeds in to the gambling mechanics Bungie have solidly put in place in this game.

Saddest part is that every time I finish something and the post-game loot screen appears it truly feels like a slot machine. I even can imagine the sound inside my head. Just that instead of inserting money to play, you insert life. "Want to get a chance for a 'horn? Select "Dragon Strike" and insert 30 minutes of your life".

PS: I don't really know where the Gjallahorn drops.

Skele7on

Banned
Why did I buy 21 exotic shards when I was drunk a few weeks ago? Who told me that was a safe investment of coins? >.<

What a waste!

Just used all the motes and coins that I had to try and get the ram. Got every exotic helm for my hunter and Titan which I didn't already have with no doublets so that was cool. Then....

On the last engram, boom, The Ram!

Shit stats but I'll take it for now :D (INT 59, STR 60)

highlighted your answer

Saddest part is that every time I finish something and the post-game loot screen appears it truly feels like a slot machine. I even can imagine the sound inside my head. Just that instead of inserting money to play, you insert life. "Want to get a chance for a 'horn? Select "Dragon Strike" and insert 30 minutes of your life".

PS: I don't really know where the Gjallahorn really drops.

You can use the armory to check now search GHORN it'll show you all possible drop locations

Mengetsu

Xur shouldn't exist anyway. Exotics were supposed to feel exciting when you see them drop but instead they're sold at a vendor every week.
I feel like he was there to help you out in the first few months of the game and is ment to ease in new players. Good weapons and or gear should of had set rules or items besides strange coins to get them.

Jinjo

Forget Gjallarhorn. Time for moar conspiracy:

RNG selected Fate of All Fools this week and Xûr collapsed.

Xur gave up trying to please the Destiny community with his exotic weapon selection and just said 'fuck it', since its just whining after whining every single week.

Gotten every helmet you could want but The Ram after buying every engram I can. Between that and grinding all night for Pilgrim and a Husk, the luck has run dry.

I have a bunch of videos on my ps4 and I would like to kill them off since they are taking up quite a bit of space, but I want to share them with some folk first. What's the best way to do this? I can edit the videos on the ps4 with the app that's on there, but I'm not sure what to do after that. I don't know how to make gifs and if I did I certainly don't want to make them too big and piss off everyone on mobile or whatever.

Anyone have experience with this? I figure now might be a good time to ask since the thread slows down around this time. Though I might have to ask again later if no one currently knows.

Kyoufu

It's why he released (arc burn) Skolas on our asses too.

That must have been painful.

I have a bunch of videos on my ps4 and I would like to kill them off since they are taking up quite a bit of space, but I want to share them with some folk first. What's the best way to do this? I can edit the videos on the ps4 with the app that's on there, but I'm not sure what to do after that. I don't know how to make gifs and if I did I certainly don't want to make them too big and piss off everyone on mobile or whatever.

Anyone have experience with this? I figure now might be a good time to ask since the thread slows down around this time. Though I might have to ask again later if no one currently knows.

You could either transfer them to an external HDD to edit or store on a computer or you can upload them all to YouTube or whatever first before deleting them.

Skele7on

Banned
Being the Cryptarch, you would know that.

Top of page edit:
Remember this is DGAF, don't mess with us or will send Unstable, Wicked and Rubenov after you.

hehe truth!

Did you watch the games last night?

Damn good games indeed. We were cursing so hard at revives, but still Me and my fellow INV boys are ready to rumble anytime :D

Unstable, Wicked and Rubenov I would like to extend my congratulations on last night, RIP desk.

I will be playing/streaming a lot more soon and will always love some decent games!

noomi

Next week I am on vacation... watch Xur bring all the goods I want then.

I hope my vita will work from 1,000+ miles away :eek:

Jinjo

Upload them to youtube, you can do this immediately from your PS4, it works pretty well.

Skele7on

Banned
Bungie Help is on the case, crappy weapon inbound!

Also that rouge BNG group is being investigated currently and probably about to be nuked from existence.

noomi

Bungie Help is on the case, crappy weapon inbound!

Also that rouge BNG group is being investigated currently and probably about to be nuked from existence.

Awesome and even more awesome :D

Maybe the head engram was also a mistake... that's 3 weeks in a row Xur has had them, I really want a chest/gauntlet engram from him :(

Skele7on

Banned
Just a couple of friendly GAF vs GAF scrims. Wicked and I had to be on opposing teams because it's easier to get a match between two people in the UK. And it worked first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jomgxAgB9dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtOSDD-UAs

Nice will watch and stalk how you play at lunch ;)

Awesome and even more awesome :D

Maybe the head engram was also a mistake... that's 3 weeks in a row Xur has had them, I really want a chest/gauntlet engram from him :(

I think it's mainly the weapon or lack of being looked into. Technically engrams for me personally unless they magically make a boot one aren't needed, but others I guess do still need gauntlets ect.

I NEED her benevolence after last night, Gun is too good.

Deku Tree

By the speaker..... No weapon...

I thought this was a lazy poster when I saw it on Reddit... Really no weapon? No bones of eao? OMG no reason to log in....

See you next Friday DGAF! After that update yesterday I might take a long break.

And I'm still not sold on TTK. Not interested in more underleved hard modes and horrible RNG drop rates.

If Bungie wanted to solve the horn LFG problem they could have had Xur sell the horn. Instead they nerfed it so that people wouldn't say TTK weapons are not as good as Horn.

Agent

Picked up Nighthawk, finally. I've gone through probably 40+ engrams and never got it. Only need the Bones of Eao to finish off all exotics.

nOoblet16

This is probably because Xur rolled Gjallahorn but Bungie removed it.

It's like a dude coming to sell shit but his stock gets stolen and he doesn't even know about it.

I really want to post a salt GIF right now, but I'm too tired to look for one.

Whoever made the WoW patch reaction comparison was right :p

I've being playing this since last September, so I'm tired of the game as a whole anyways.

And the Gjallarhorn nerf is the excuse that I need to quit.

I don't care about the other nerfs, but this one makes me say it's finally time to leave Destiny.

55537742.jpg

No more =(

Deku Tree

What's with the disingenuous question setup? You were posting the results of the scrim as it happened, and you pulled the same thing with me being coy about the Ciphers.

Eh nothing disengenous about it. Intended as some friendly joking around. To me, the context of my first question made that clear.

It's clear he has some sort of issue with me, that's fine.

No issue with you at all. I was joking around. I thought that was OK to do with someone who runs a parody Twitter account.

phen0m24

Xur tried to sell some op weapon but was also nerfed. Has to be.

:)

Sup guys and ladies? Had fun leveling my voidwalker with pulse reload gauntlets and pulse ammo boots

Destiny 2.0
OT&#9671;27|Don't Shoot
without
The Messenger

Skele7on

Banned
Eh nothing disengenous about it. Intended as some friendly joking around. To me, the context of my first question made that clear.

No issue with you at all. I was joking around. I thought that was OK to do with someone who runs a parody Twitter account.

I'm not in a good place right now :p

Top Bottom