• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Well, that's around 150 motes down the drain... What am I supposed to do with 30 exotic shards?

PS: Hard-Light is awesome. And it will be even better.

What am I supposed to do with 30 exotic shards?

I would love to know what the plan is for exotic shards going forward. I have amassed 90 or so, and I imagine a lot of players will be sitting on similarly large piles by the time Taken King arrives. There is going to be a significant excess even if every exotic in the game requires another shard when the DLC hits.

phen0m24

fuck sakes. I want to see these changes in action before jumping on my soap box change is good.

This is stupid. So I guess most players are not really skilled unless they have a gjallerhorn. I have one, but I like the idea to try out more weapons then just one be all weapon

Can we appreciate the comedic value of things like this though? My son came running in to show me cracking up laughing. :)

Skele7on

Banned
very excited for NLB changes.

Can we appreciate the comedic value of things like this though? My son came running in to show me cracking up laughing. :)

Not sure if joking though, also posted in the weapons thread ect, could actually be serious....

I do love a good old faux petition but I'm not sure this is one of those...

Which previous map will it be this time for ToO?

Please anything but Pantheon!

tumblr_inline_n533866X9t1r3qblb.gif

My hopscotch is ready for Pantheon!

See, Noomi gets it.

tumblr_inline_nrdvxxDBZq1ryq27c_500.gif

If it is Pantheon I will make 3 runs to Mercury, if not I will make 3 days of Rocket League.

todd360

So they must have tried to sell ghorn then. The blocks they put on it were too strong though. RNG isn't giving its poster child up that easily. RNG has more power over this game than Bungie does confirmed. RNG hath become skynet.

phen0m24

very excited for NLB changes.

Not sure if joking though, also posted in the weapons thread ect, could actually be serious....

I do love a good old faux petition but I'm not sure this is one of those...

Even if it's meant to be serious I still find it amusing.

tumblr_inline_n533866X9t1r3qblb.gif

See, Noomi gets it.

tumblr_inline_nrdvxxDBZq1ryq27c_500.gif

If it is Pantheon I will make 3 runs to Mercury, if not I will make 3 days of Rocket League.

Let's play rocket league! :) My messenger is ready for pantheon

So they must have tried to sell ghorn then. The blocks they put on it were too strong though. RNG isn't giving its poster child up that easily. RNG has more power over this game than Bungie does confirmed. RNG hath become skynet.

RNG self aware and building clones

reading notes they won't be the snipers they once were.

I still wouldn't like to walk into a blink warlock/hunter using one though.

WHERE ARE THE SIDE ARM BUFFS.

They piss me off to no end in PvP. It's the only thing i die from, I'm good enough to counter everything else but 8/10 times some shotgun fucker will get me from across the room.

Any groups forming for anything?

deadduck

PvP is going to be so much more interesting with the proposed changes.

The bain of crucible gets:

Reduced mag (probably small difference)
Reduced ADS zoom
10 DoT damage instead of 35
Damage fall off at range
Less hip fire accuracy

Very happy with that.

Zocano

-fuck it can't post a gif from phone apparently-

Man, that update did a number on you guys. The salt is real.

Horn nerf is truth and love.

I never got a necrochasm so I guess it's time to do that.

Ice Breaker nerf is hilarious, don't even know why they did that.

Black Hammer is understandable and fair, though I think the mag size should be like 24.

TLW needed that nerf super bad as fun as it is. Hopefully it'll still be a hip fire beast.

Thorn nerf is acceptable. Love that they finally chose to let the poison stack.

Shotgun nerf isn't even large, christ you guys are whiny about it. They were hilariously powerful since the buff and would destroy everything up close. Now they'll destroy shit and hopefully not be broken either.

People seem to get so fucking upset over PvE balance changes, as if that's somehow bad. They're balancing to make the fights fun but challenging. Horn gave us insane dps that they (and I) felt were too much and shotguns melted through anything and never made you worry about enemies getting close unless it was lightswitch. And with only a ten percent nerf, shotguns will still wreck but they were easily too strong at close range and hopefully now we'll be more inclined to not just bum rush with a shotty in either mode.

LiK

url]

Man, that update did a number on you guys. The salt is real.

Horn nerf is truth and love.

I never got a necrochasm so I guess it's time to do that.

Ice Breaker nerf is hilarious, don't even know why they did that.

Black Hammer is understandable and fair, though I think the mag size should be like 24.

TLW needed that nerf super bad as fun as it is. Hopefully it'll still be a hip fire beast.

Thorn nerf is acceptable. Love that they finally chose to let the poison stack.

Shotgun nerf isn't even large, christ you guys are whiny about it. They were hilariously powerful since the buff and would destroy everything up close. Now they'll destroy shit and hopefully not be broken either.

People seem to get so fucking upset over PvE balance changes, as if that's somehow bad. They're balancing to make the fights fun but challenging. Horn gave us insane dps that they (and I) felt were too much and shotguns melted through anything and never made you worry about enemies getting close unless it was lightswitch. And with only a ten percent nerf, shotguns will still wreck but they were easily too strong at close range and hopefully now we'll be more inclined to not just bum rush with a shotty in either mode.

Current PVE fights are just boring and tedious mainly because the encounters aren't that all different from mission to mission. Nerfing the guns just makes the fights longer. I don't really see them being more fun as a result.

Zocano

Current PVE fights are just boring and tedious mainly because the encounters aren't that all different from mission to mission. Nerfing the guns just makes the fights longer. I don't really see them being more fun as a result.

They gave themselves a decent out but then never bothered to mix up the poe modifiers which is the most baffling fucking nonsense ever. There are better solutions than just making PvE encounters a non issue.

Still pissed they nerfed one of the most unique weapons in the game.

TLW needed that nerf super badly.

EL CUCO

The Horn nerf was something everyone should've seen coming. It's the wording for the reason why they're doing it what blows my mind. LFG posts? Lol It's right up there with "we're nerfing AR's in general again because everyone is using Suros"

Zocano

The Horn nerf was something everyone should've seen coming. It's the wording for the reason why they're doing it what blows my mind. LFG posts? Lol It's right up there with "we're nerfing AR's in general again because everyone is using Suros"

That horn only shit happened here, too.

Lnkn52

It was a bad look for the game. If you're new to the game and looking to end game content and you see all these Ghorn requirements, it's really off putting, especially if you don't own a Ghorn.

Hopefully these strike redesigns changes the sponginess.

Hyun Sai

Nah, it's not quite the same thing. We don't really care here, but a big part of the Destiny players can only use LFG sites, and I understand there can be a big frustration about being excluded of 95% of high level stuff because of ONE weapon only obtainable by RNG bullshit.

That horn only shit happened here, too.

And that is also very true, especially on the beginning of Crota Hard and Burn Skolas.

Yeah it's quite baffling to me. Just leave the Horn as is and either let Xur sell it or tweak the encounters and modifiers. I am happy about the AR buff though; my adept Summoner should be a beast now.

noomi

I did just find without the ghorn for many months, and I will continue to be fine with it being weaker.

It will still probably be very powerful , even with the wolfpack rounds...

Lnkn52

Put it this way, it's like the NFL suspending their poster child of the league (Tom Brady).

Bungie is doing the same thing with the Ghorn.

ocean

Banned
I did just find without the ghorn for many months, and I will continue to be fine with it being weaker.

It will still probably be very powerful , even with the wolfpack rounds...
People just like to complain. It's not even that good. Having or not having Horn won't make a big difference ever unless you want to solo a Raid.

It's not like trying to compete in the Crucible without one of a select few choice weapons. PvE is flexible as hell and it's never been hard anyways. Why on earth would people care if a shotgun does 10% less damage or if you'll need an extra rocket against a boss?

SeanR1221

I've been grinding recently for a black hammer and ghorn...but whats the point now?

Might as well just wait it out until TTK and get the Ghorn 2 and Black Hammer 2.

And don't even get me started on the ice breaker nerf. WHY!?

Top Bottom