• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Well, that's around 150 motes down the drain... What am I supposed to do with 30 exotic shards?

PS: Hard-Light is awesome. And it will be even better.

Hahaha, when I read about the changes to AR and Hard Light I immediately thought of you.

Shame that I got so little time with OPHorn, but a nerf was due after all this time. On the other hand with the changes to Gjallarhorn and Black Hammer I'm also expecting a substantial improvement in boss design.

Edit: Top of the page
tumblr_nbe60grkgz1tem7bsud.gif

Let's play rocket league! :)

Anytime anywhere I'm down for the League!

I understand the power now, also that Kenan and Kel gif!

Truth. Although I admit its true power is best used in 6v6 modes, depending on the map it works 3v3. I would use it on Pantheon all day.

I'm guessing this GIF is referencing you and Wicked getting back together. All issues resolved.

I was just looking for an excuse to post that. We're Frank and Claire Underwood...
season 3.

Deku Tree

It was a bad look for the game. If you're new to the game and looking to end game content and you see all these Ghorn requirements, it's really off putting, especially if you don't own a Ghorn.

Hopefully these strike redesigns changes the sponginess.

Nope. Lol. This is Bungie we are talking about.

soqquatto

Nah, it's not quite the same thing. We don't really care here, but a big part of the Destiny players can only use LFG sites, and I understand there can be a big frustration about being excluded of 95% of high level stuff because of ONE weapon only obtainable by RNG bullshit.

maybe one day they'll acknowledge that another major bullshit fact is that we're forced to resort to LFG sites to do a fucking crota or vog

E92 M3

They gave themselves a decent out but then never bothered to mix up the poe modifiers which is the most baffling fucking nonsense ever. There are better solutions than just making PvE encounters a non issue.

TLW needed that nerf super badly.

I was talking about the Black Hammer.

Overall I think Bungie's sandbox designer hates fun. Shotguns were literally nerfed just because.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
People just like to complain. It's not even that good. Having or not having Horn won't make a big difference ever unless you want to solo a Raid.

It's not like trying to compete in the Crucible without one of a select few choice weapons. PvE is flexible as hell and it's never been hard anyways. Why on earth would people care if a shotgun does 10% less damage or if you'll need an extra rocket against a boss?
When the content is already boring because you've done it over and over again, you use the Horn to get through it faster.

Zocano

People just like to complain. It's not even that good. Having or not having Horn won't make a big difference ever unless you want to solo a Raid.

It's not like trying to compete in the Crucible without one of a select few choice weapons. PvE is flexible as hell and it's never been hard anyways. Why on earth would people care if a shotgun does 10% less damage or if you'll need an extra rocket against a boss?

Yah I agree with you but I still feel there should be a line for the PvE dps ceiling. Once it starts trivializing encounters or enemies is when I feel it should be looked at.

The common complaint is that the encounters are monotonous and boring but then why bother playing that content if you think so? You want to keep your dumb easy way through content that you don't care about so you don't have to play boring content you don't care about for longer? Then don't play. They've been taking steps to change shit up and TTK looks like it's got all the right shit.

What they really need is to add a bunch of new dumb modifiers and finally fucking mix up poe modifiers (and actually make good poe gear). But honestly it's a bit too late for that so all we can do is wait on Taken King.

sajj316

I might be done with Destiny for a while. Need a break. This update is too much.

I agree. They couldn't just stagger these weapon rebalance?

Also, the Horn was mostly used for PvE. I used it primarily for POE. If the end game content was worth it instead of getting a Payment IV about 10 times .. I would be ok with it. It makes the grind worth it. You spam with Horns to get to the end game quicker because the time vs reward balance is out of whack!!

Fix that Bungie!

Owensboro

I just now saw the weapon changes. That's a shame about Ice Breaker and Blackhammer, but it's kind of expected. I always thought those guns were just a little bit too good for PvE. There was never any reason to not use them. I'm totally excited about the Hard Light change though! I love the idea of that gun (or at least, the idea I get when I read the perk descriptions), and I hope it ends up being something awesome. I'd love to be able to ricochet bullets everywhere.

God, a Necro buff? Guess I'm going to keep farming that Husk of the Pit (uuuuugh).

If it's no big deal, why did Bungie care? :p

LiK

The only thing we can hope for are more dynamic PVE fights in TTK. I don't mind much of the nerfs for PVP in general. We'll just adapt and find new strategies like usual.

Zocano

I agree. They couldn't just stagger these weapon rebalances?

Stagger how? I'm super glad that the turn around from E3 was faster than expected.

And in general I'm all for these changes (ice breaker rip tho)
Nope. Lol. This is Bungie we are talking about.

If Taken King comes out and strike bosses are nothing but sponges then sure. The Taniks raid is already a good sign though.

I don't ever remember Horn requirements for HM Atheon. All that stuff started when they introduced higher level bullet sponges to deal with.

I remember differently but it's late and looking back through the old threads would be hell.

Edit: it's super late so I'm going to sleep. Just wanted to through in my thoughts on the update.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If Taken King comes out and strike bosses are nothing but sponges then sure. The Taniks raid is already a good sign though.
But that strike is a few circular monster arenas with a bullet sponge mid-boss and then a spongey Taniks with adds at the end.

sajj316

Stagger how? I'm super glad that the turn around from E3 was faster than expected.

And in general I'm all for these changes (ice breaker rip tho)

I remember differently but it's late and looking back through the old threads would be hell.

Edit: it's super late so I'm going to sleep. Just wanted to through in my thoughts on the update.

You meant Tanik's strike :)

Every usable weapon in the game, PvP or PvE was impacted. It's like having the appetizer, main course, and desert come out at once.

Namikaze1

I have my Still king, bitches! Gjallarhorn pic ready to drop in late September once we find out the new exotics are like the TDB and HoW's: shit compared to Gjallarhorn.

Zocano

But that strike is a few circular monster arenas with a bullet sponge mid-boss and then a spongey Taniks with adds at the end.

It's better paced out and doesn't feel like a slog which is the problem with stuff like The Nexus or Tau'arc.

And from the small glimpse at a TTK strike boss, we'll be seeing actual raid mechanics now.

I don't know what you or others are expecting though when it comes to some of these encounters though. There's only so much they can do which the lego pieces they have now.

Edit: my bad on the typo.

kiguel182

So, where is Xur?

Also , as a Titan with no exotic armour, should I buy any of the Xur stuff? I have everything legendary already and I'm at level 32 currently. Would love some buying advice.

Shito

I wouldn't describe Taniks as "spongy": the fact that he retains the damage you did to him previoulsy (even though it clearly cheats for the last encounter ^^) is a good and welcomed change, and the last part against him is never too long or dragged out.
With no burn the spider is hella spongy, though, yeah...

sajj316

So, where is Xur?

Also , as a Titan with no exotic armour, should I buy any of the Xur stuff? I have everything legendary already and I'm at level 32 currently. Would love some buying advice.

The helmet is ok, so I would go for the engrams first and see what you can get. The helmet stats are middle of the road.

Jinjo

I have my Still king, bitches! Gjallarhorn pic ready to drop in late September once we find out the new exotics are like the TDB and HoW's: shit compared to Gjallarhorn.

This. Even with a wolfpack round nerf Gjallarhorn will still remain the biggest and safest DPS option out there. The "Gjallarhorn-LFG-requirements" won't die down with a nerf. The best option to kill that is just have Xur sell the weapon
like he should have done today were it not for Bungie removing it from the loot table

Shito

With no burn the spider is hella spongy, though, yeah...
... aaaand with that I've just realized the reason for those spongy bosses: burns.
They need to be spongy for the burns to not make them trivials.

... I feel so stupid right now, it never occurred to me this was the main reason for those gazillions HPs...

sajj316

Well, got The Glasshouse. Which is super ugly so I don't know if I want to buy the other just because of that ahah

Glasshouse, while ugly is good for PvE as it has an option to extend the length of your bubble.

Btw .. That was my very first exotic item so it has special meaning to me!

raindoc

TLW needed that nerf super badly.

dUXFchG.jpg

Incoming nerfs:

TLW:
Cut range stat in half, reduce stability by 33% and reduce effective ADS range.

Thorn:
Reduce base damage of Thorn’s DoT to roughly 1/3, but make it stack up to 5x. That's all.

I have no words for this.

ocean

Banned
When the content is already boring because you've done it over and over again, you use the Horn to get through it faster.
No snark at all, genuinely: why are you playing something that's boring? Killing a boss 30 seconds more quickly won't make it fun so what's the point?

I'm sick and tired of Strikes. Solution: I don't play them. Even if you gave me a god mode gun that killed anything in a single shot and I could clear a Strike in 50 seconds I still wouldn't because what's the point. On second that a gun like that would make them even worse :p

Anyways I don't understand this line of thought. You want to keep your Horn so you can do stuff you don't wanna do but more quickly so you can do more of it? Ok then :p

ocean

Banned
dUXFchG.jpg

Incoming nerfs:

TLW:
Cut range stat in half, reduce stability by 33% and reduce effective ADS range.

Thorn:
Reduce base damage of Thorn’s DoT to roughly 1/3, but make it stack up to 5x. That's all.

I have no words for this.
The DoT change is a net buff to DPS. All it does is prevent 2 headshots from killing you in PvP, which was the main problem.

RemiLP

No snark at all, genuinely: why are you playing something that's boring? Killing a boss 30 seconds more quickly won't make it fun so what's the point?

The same reason any mmo is payed more then it should have been. Addictive game play.

Skele7on

Banned
whenever a thread regarding Destiny is posted on gaming side, why do I feel that I want to stab myself multiple times in the eyes.

GamingKaiju

lol

I finally have the Horn drop for me after 700hrs and Bungie nerfs it. I finally got the Thorn bounty too and Bungie starts to nerf that.

Bungie why you hate me so :(

Top Bottom