• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really surprised they didn't mention anything about it either... but hey, there's still 2 months to go... so anything could still change.
I bet the reason why it doesn't exist is because they feel it will ruin PVP though. PVE gets screwed again. lol

LiK

Shotguns were perfect in PVP during launch and they decide to tweak them. Became useless for a while and now too OP.

Also, PVP is fun and still is.

Shotguns were perfect in PVP during launch and they decide to tweak them. Became useless for a while and now too OP.

I feel the same way. The only shotgun that should have the lethality of Fellwinters, M64, and PC+1 is the exotic primary Universal Remote. No other shotgun should have that. Universal remote would be considered worthy of its exotic status if that were the case.

I feel the same way. The only shotgun that should have the lethality of Fellwinters, M64, and PC+1 is the exotic primary Universal Remote. No other shotgun should have that. Universal remote would be considered worthy of its exotic status if that were the case.

Invective has always been pretty good though.

Namikaze1

Also, PVP is fun and still is.
When it is not lagging like crazy or kicking you out for no reason.

And I would say right now, with the current meta, it's okay. Not that fun but still better than doing PoE. HoW is such a big letdown for PvE folks.

Makki

Hey gents, I have been playing this game exclusively with a coworker and got one character to lvl 31. Im looking for some friends to add on PSN for PS4 that live on EST so I can have people to play with when my only buddy isnt on. If you have room to add my PSN ID send me a PM with your tag and I will send a request!

About the nerfs, hopefully I can find a gjallarhorn before september and get to experience the OP-ness before all this nerfing mess. As a new-ish player I'm surprised at the amount of reduction in damage/range bungie is doing, I have never seen something like that before on any other RPG I've played.

Rizzi

My gripe with pvp is hunters teleport with shotguns, and the fact that there's a handful of weapons that are useful, while the rest are practically useless.
It's basically the worst multiplayer fps I have ever played.

LiK

When it is not lagging like crazy or kicking you out for no reason.

And I would say right now, with the current meta, it's okay. Not that fun but still better than doing PoE. HoW is such a big letdown for PvE folks.

Yep, that's my main issue with it. When it's not lagging, it's great even with the overuse with some weapons. I still have fun and find it challenging.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey gents, I have been playing this game exclusively with a coworker and got one character to lvl 31. Im looking for some friends to add on PSN for PS4 that live on EST so I can have people to play with when my only buddy isnt on. If you have room to add my PSN ID sent me a PM with your tag and I will send a request!

About the nerfs, hopefully I can find a gjallarhorn before september and get to experience the OP-ness before all this nerfing mess. As a new-ish player I'm surprised at the amount of reduction in damage/range bungie is doing, I have never seen something like that before on any other RPG I've played.
For what it's worth, there's something magical about seeing bosses melt away the first time you see everyone shoot the Horn at a boss simultaneously.

My gripe with pvp is hunters teleport with shotguns, and the fact that there's a handful of weapons that are useful, while the rest are practically useless.
It's basically the worst multiplayer fps I have ever played.
They said they are trying to nerf blink, but I have no idea how you do that short of making you unable to fire your weapon at all for a few seconds after you jump.

Arrrammis

As far as crucible balance goes, I have found that the larger maps in combines arms display exactly what the balance should be. Range llays a huge role. People come in with hand cannons expecting to be able to cover the whole map like they can in normal PvP, and I just tear them apart with my scout rifle and sniper. Hand cannons and shotguns still show up in the smaller hallways, but there is a huge variety of ranges that you can engage from, making every weapon type (even some auto rifles) effective!

It makes me feel like maybe they should just reduce the range of all weapons so that there are distinct ranges for weapons
Extra long range: snipers
Long range: scout rifles
Mid range: pulse rifles
Mid-close range: auto rifles, fusion rifles, and hand cannons
Close range: shotguns

ethomaz

Banned
I never got one precision shot kill with Hawkmoon... I didn't know it was possible.

Two shots? yeah... that happens a lot.

Edit - It fun to see how a Xbox owners read the news... Hawkmoon the rarest drop... finish strike and no Hawkmoon.... seems like they are making sure you will choose PS4 next time.

Oh shit! The Destiny day is off to a great start! Fucking Celestial Nighthawk? HELL YES. Auto Rifle Buffs? HELL YES. Thorn being needed? HELL YES.

Wait. Da fuq? Is Xur not selling a weapon? Or do they not show that in the app....

Namikaze1

I remember the first and last time we gave Atheon the Gjallarhorn Salute. We did after that video came out to experience it first hand. It was awesome.

We never did it again after that though. :(

Deku Tree

Bungie is giving is the bad news first... then they want to flood us with good news leading up to TTK launch... good job marketing team!

PuMa

Delayed reaction incoming...

Ghorn nerf nooooo
TLW nerf noooo
Everything else yayyyy

Nami, you must be happy about the incoming necro buff.

Namikaze1

If they nerf Blink, I'm gonna die from laughing at all who will be complaining about it and those who have been wishing for Titans to have it. I've given up on mastering Blink a long while back. It's all about skating for me.

LiK

Bungie is giving is the bad news first... then they want to flood us with good news leading up to TTK launch... good job marketing team!

The twist is they thought the weapon tuning would be good news for us.

It's not like the bounty is particularly hard if you change your mind.

I rarely use exotics with my Special weapons slot. Not sure it's worth it. I'll wait and see if it's still viable after the weapon tuning arrives.

Shito

If they nerf Blink, I'm gonna die from laughing at all who will be complaining about it and those who have been wishing for Titans to have it. I've given up on mastering Blink a long while back. It's all about skating for me.
You can be sure that if blink gets nerfed, the next thing people will bitch about will be titan skating...

WipedOut

Ghorn nerf nooooo
TLW nerf noooo
Everything else yayyyy

What about BH, they took a top tier PVE sniper and nerfed it to hell. Some strikes are going to take a lot longer now.

I've been using invective in PvP recently and yeah it doesn't have the range of the other shotties but it can follow up with a second and 3rd round helluva quick.

Imo Invective is the maximum range shotties should be capable of.

Kyne

I welcome the nerfs. Pvp as it is right now is fucked.

I don't have a BH or a Ghally so I could care less about those.

Bring on TTK.

The DoT change is a net buff to DPS. All it does is prevent 2 headshots from killing you in PvP, which was the main problem.

I think the issue is that the nerf applied to TLW seems on paper to be much more aggressive than the one applied to Thorn. But again, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out in practice.

Deku Tree

The twist is they thought the weapon tuning would be good news for us.

Some of it perhaps.

But they didn't think the GHorn nerf, the IB nerf, and the BHam nerf would be good news. If they did then they are pretty foolish, which I don't think they are.

Well now we know how Bungie is planning to avoid power creep in their expansions: Nerf the old OP weapons to make room for the new OP weapons so that people can't say "the old weapons are better".

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the Blink Nerf.

Namikaze1

Ghorn nerf nooooo
TLW nerf noooo
Everything else yayyyy

At first I was like

They're buffing Necro but nerfing Gjallarhorn...

I TAKE EVERYTHING BACK!! LEAVE NECRO AS IT IS! I DON'T WANT BUFF IF GJALLARHORN IS GETTING NERFED!

Then I was like

I for one welcome our new Necrochasm Overlords

Oh wait. I'm gonna be one of them.

LiK

Some of it perhaps.

But they didn't think the GHorn nerf, the IB nerf, and the BHam nerf would be good news. If they did then they are pretty foolish, which I don't think they are.

Well now we know how Bungie is planning to avoid power creep in their expansions: Nerf the old OP weapons to make room for the new OP weapons so that people can't say "the old weapons are better".

They probably thought it was good news for the vast majority of players (particularly the newbies).

Also, blink nerf is substantial? I hate blinkers in PVP so yes, please nerf them hard.

Skele7on

Banned
People seem to think that Bungie should have only nerfed thorn and leave the current state of the sandbox remain the same? Jesus.

I have seen today just so much whining and fighting over why it's a bad thing.

A sandbox needs to be designed to keep a balance.

Based on what we know will be nerfed, are there different rolls that should be seeked out now for each gun? Would we be able to pre-setup year one guns to still be optimal when TTK drops?

EL CUCO

Some of it perhaps.

I guess I missed this. Is it on the weapon balance update as well?

I never got one precision shot kill with Hawkmoon... I didn't know it was possible.

Two shots? yeah... that happens a lot.

Edit - It fun to see how a Xbox owners read the news... Hawkmoon the rarest drop... finish strike and no Hawkmoon.... seems like they are making sure you will choose PS4 next time.

won't work on me unless they miraculously rehire all of studio liverpool too

noomi

I'm pretty excited about the Hard Light though, it looks and sounds fucking awesome. With buffs it will be great and I certainly plan on using it quite a bit :D

Also!

The summoner might become VERY VERY good in PvP :D

purg3

slept with Malkin
Invective has always been pretty good though.

yeah I used it for a while back in vanilla pvp, it was really good then.

I'm pretty excited about the Hard Light though, it looks and sounds fucking awesome. With buffs it will be great and I certainly plan on using it quite a bit :D

I've probably had 3 or 4 drop and sharded them all. I still think it's the best looking and sounding gun in the game.

Top Bottom