• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Rizzi

I look at the old Halo games and I just can't wrap my head around how those people made something that's just.. Bad.

ethomaz

Banned
People seem to think that Bungie should have only nerfed thorn and leave the current state of the sandbox remain the same? Jesus.

I have seen today just so much whining and fighting over why it's a bad thing.

A sandbox needs to be designed to keep a balance.
No Bungie is punishing PVE players due PVP unbalances.

Ghorn in PVP is a normal gun so why nerf it in PVE?
Same for others guns.

The balance in PVE is players being stronger than enemies.

ocean

Banned
People seem to think that Bungie should have only nerfed thorn and leave the current state of the sandbox remain the same? Jesus.

I gave up. People are being either intentionally obtuse or downright dumb. Spend the morning correcting the weirdest posts but I can't convince a mad crowd of their folly.

noomi

I'm excited about Hard Light and Nechrochasm.

Yeah nechro should be very fun to use as well :D Perhaps even the.... monte carlo?

All these weapons, completely leveled sitting in my vault waiting... waiting patiently for their time to shine.

LiK

Odd, Xur isn't selling a weapon this week.

Investigating

I gave up. People are being either intentionally obtuse or downright dumb. Spend the morning correcting the weirdest posts but I can't convince a mad crowd of their folly.

Why bother. People just want to vent so let them. Not the first time people ranted about changes they didn't like.

Hypehorn... ;__;

pour-one-out1.jpeg

Lnkn52

Yeah nechro should be very fun to use as well :D Perhaps even the.... monte carlo?

All these weapons, completely leveled sitting in my vault waiting... waiting patiently for their time to shine.

That's their end goal. Keep the game interesting by making us try new weapons. If people don't like change, go play another game.

Shito

Just got a nechrochasm and monte carlo this week, so at least this part of the weapon balance excites me.
I've had a Hard Light for months now, but I never even shot one bullet with it. It's now at the top of my "to level up" list... :)

Skele7on

Banned
No Bungie is punishing PVE players due PVP unbalances.

Ghorn in PVP is a normal gun so why nerf it in PVE?
Same for others guns.

The balance in PVE is players being stronger than enemies.

they somewhat proved last patch they have the ability to tune the two individually now.

Ghorn needs to be nerfed to a degree it shouldn't be the instant win it currently is.

Reserve judgment until we see the balance, bungie TU's have always always been great Halo 2/3 were broken AF until they released them.

LiK

I can't go back to Suros even if ARs are getting a buff. The sound they use now is just grating on the ears.

Does anyone think the upcoming weapons patch will make ARs viable in PvP, or will it still be a HC show. I think it will still be a HC show.

recks

Am I the only one that think PVP weapons are fine right now? I would fix TLW 111 on ads, maybe nerf Thorn DoT a bit and call it a day :l

At least HCs take more skill to use than ARs.

ocean

Banned
I look at the old Halo games and I just can't wrap my head around how those people made something that's just.. Bad.
A lot of people have fun in PvP despite the obvious misgivings.

I took a look at your profile and would suggest you try something different. Most of your kills are with Auto Rifles, which are objectively the worst class in the game, by far, in absolutely every scenario (PvE and PvP alike). Your second most used primary are Scouts, which are also rather lacking right now.

Try out Hand Cannons. You seem to have 0 kills with them in PvP. A good Hand Cannon should bring you closer to 1.0 K/D and generally performing better. Using Auto Rifles is just handicapping yourself and making the game feel frustrating.

Serious question:

Were there any other Hand Cannons that were as much of a problem Thorn/TLW?
For that matter, were there any auto-rifles that were as much of a problem as SUROS?

That's what's frustrating. Seeing entire weapons classes affected by nerfs because of their exotic outliers. And then it's frustrating seeing PvP problems affecting PvE when they're so different. Engagement differences, AI melee being absolutely lethal (even w/o lightswitch).

LiK

Does anyone think the upcoming weapons patch will make ARs viable in PvP, or will it still be a HC show. I think it will still be a HC show.

Seems improved for mid-range with a major dropoff beyond that. As long as they don't act like backscratchers anymore, I might go back to them.

But...its way better than the original sound.

Nah, the slightly higher pitch made it worse for me.

EL CUCO

No it's in the regular weekly update. Just a comment that they are planning to nerf Blink so it's not so annoying in PvP but no specifics to talk about at this time.
Ohh I haven't even looked at the BWU yet. Blink needs a nerf, tbh. It's part of the reason why 95% of the competitive community uses Bladedancer. Now if they fix Backstab and nerf quick draw the subclasses will be better balanced.

WipedOut

It just doesn't make sense to nerf Shotguns in PVE - They finally had them right, I love using shotguns in PVE now. That seemed to be a change just to make a change because we were having too much fun.

He could have brought voidfang, veil, nothing Manacles, Praxic, RAM, starfire protocol or claws of Ahamkara and I would have been happy.

I miss my OG Warlock damnit.

ocean

Banned
Serious question:

For that matter, were there any auto-rifles that were as much of a problem as SUROS?

That's what's frustrating. Seeing entire weapons classes affected by nerfs because of their exotic outliers. And then it's frustrating seeing PvP problems affecting PvE when they're so different. Engagement differences, AI melee being absolutely lethal (even w/o lightswitch).
Suros was an outlier in terms of popularity but not that much in terms of performance. It hit hard and was super stable at range but it's not like it killed you in half the time as the next-best AR. Thorn, on the other hand...

Anyways Legendary Hand Cannons didn't need a nerf, they were fine. But since Pukse Rifles are also getting toned down, it was a necessary compromise. I expect they'll still play similar to now, it won't be like the butchering of ARs.

Rizzi

A lot of people have fun in PvP despite the obvious misgivings.

I took a look at your profile and would suggest you try something different. Most of your kills are with Auto Rifles, which are objectively the worst class in the game, by far, in absolutely every scenario (PvE and PvP alike). Your second most used primary are Scouts, which are also rather lacking right now.

Try out Hand Cannons. You seem to have 0 kills with them in PvP. A good Hand Cannon should bring you closer to 1.0 K/D and generally performing better. Using Auto Rifles is just handicapping yourself and making the game feel frustrating.

Well as soon as the game gives me a primary that isn't a scout rifle or an auto rifle I'll get right on that.

It just doesn't make sense to nerf Shotguns in PVE - They finally had them right, I love using shotguns in PVE now. That seemed to be a change just to make a change because we were having too much fun.
Bungie forgets that people play games for fun.

PvE is such a repetitive mundane chore. Shotgun buff made it more fun.
nerfin shotties in PvE is so stupid. Fuck PoE mobs

ocean

Banned
Ohh I haven't even looked at the BWU yet. Blink needs a nerf, tbh. It's part of the reason why 95% of the competitive community uses Bladedancer. Now if they fix Backstab and nerf quick draw the subclasses will be better balanced.
Lol nerf backstab, QuickDraw and Blink and you might as well erase Bladedancer subclass from the game and it wouldn't be missed.

Skele7on

Banned
Serious question:

if you read into the actual update they actually admit they fucked up by only changing a set of weapons vs the entire sandbox,
this is what the TU/Update intends to fix, they're trying to fix the current you must use X to well if I want to use X I should use this play style
which is a much better and much more organic and evolved way of fixing the current issue with the current meta being so restrictive.

Lukegate
Coingate
CEgate
And now Horngate

Can't wait for Blinkgate

Blink and you'll miss it.....

noomi

That's their end goal. Keep the game interesting by making us try new weapons. If people don't like change, go play another game.

I've read somewhere that Bungie said PvP is like "seasons", and it looks like the season of handcannons and shotguns is about to come to an end, and might be replaced with scout rifles.

I'm ok with this :)

Sure I have my gripes with certain pve changes, and I'm a little worried about pvp as well, but we will find the new OP weapon and it will get used and abused until it is also nerfed somewhere down the line.

E92 M3

Did they Mention any changes to the vex?

At this point, the Vex is a battered weapon that just goes with the flow.

The ADS glitch and decreasing range a bit, sure. But cutting its range by half and decreasing stability seems a bit much. We'll see when it's out.

Bungie knows no subtlety when nerfing. All they had to do was fix the glitch, otherwise the TLW was a well-rounded weapon.

Am I the only one that think PVP weapons are fine right now? I would fix TLW 111 on ads, maybe nerf Thorn DoT a bit and call it a day :l

At least HCs take more skill to use than ARs.

And they are also a lot more fun than ARs. Nonetheless, the MIDA is the next best thing to HC.

Zoned out of destiny this week.

I think I played tuesday and that's it. I don't even know what trials map we got this week.

Got hooked in fucking Danganronpa... :/

I've read somewhere that Bungie said PvP is like "seasons", and it looks like the season of handcannons and shotguns is about to come to an end, and might be replaced with scout rifles.

I'm ok with this :)

Nah. I think shotguns will be fine. You're just gonna have to get closer to use those.

But I fear for what this patch means to hand cannons.

Top Bottom